PDA

View Full Version : Questions about pre-ordering

AherasSTRG
06-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Greetings to the community.
Being crazily excited about Assassin's Creed Unity and having regretted not getting the Bucaneer Edition last year, I am thinking of pre-ordering Assassin's Creed Unity Notre Dame Edition directly from Ubishop. However, I have some important questions:

1. I live in Greece. When should I expect the game to arrive? The day of the release? Some days prior? Some days later? Does it make any difference if I choose Express Delivery over Standard Delivery (the charge is the same)?

2. Will the game be unlocked on my Uplay account or should I wait for the physical copy and then enter the code to activate it?

3. I am thinking of paying with a Pre-paid Visa - same way I buy all of Ubisoft's DLC and digital content. When will I be charged? Straight away or near the game's release?

I appreciate any response, but I prefer responses from people that have actually pre-ordered and received physical copies of the previous games. Thanks a lot for your time.

Ureh
06-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Hi Aheradrim,I don't speak from personal experience but here's what I read from people who did buy from Ubishop for AC4:1. Ubishop will try to get it to you on launch day but there could be unforeseen delays. I believe their warehouse is in Germany. Don't know anything about their shipping options.2. Not sure about this one.3. Usually straight away or within a week of placing your order. Edit: there are conflicting reports about this. Some people claim that they don't get charged until the package ships. I'm not sure this varies for each country.Hopefully Mr_Shade or someone else with the right knowledge comes along.

rrebe
06-11-2014, 11:08 AM
I pre-ordered the Black Chest edition from Uplay last year. It was my first physical pre-order from Ubishop.

1) I got mine on release date (PC 29th November, Finland). The package was sent from Germany and they emailed me a UPS tracking code so that I could track the package. I think I used the standard delivery option, the free one.
2) If you order a physical copy of the game, you have to activate the game yourself with the code provided in the game package.
3) If my memory serves me right, I wasn't charged right away when the order was placed (though a cover reservation was placed for a few days and then returned), the amount was taken when the pre-order was shipped in November, maybe a week or so before release date. I remember looking into this pre-order stuff in these forums and Ubi's FAQ and stressing about having the money ready :rolleyes:

I hope this helps!

AherasSTRG
06-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Thanks a lot, guys. Both Ureh's and Rebelmonster's answers were really helpful. Any other experiences from people would greatly help as well.

GR_Magaki
06-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello Aheradrim.
If you pre-order using credit card/debit card you will be charged when the game is shipped.
If you pre-order using paypal you will be charged right away.
Btw i am also from Greece :P

AherasSTRG
06-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Quite an unexpected turn of events :). If it's ok with you, I added you on Uplay, so that we may have a talk and perhaps solve some more of my questions in our mother lanuage ;). If you are not using Uplay as much as I do, you could pm me.

king-hailz
06-14-2014, 09:47 AM
So i wanted to get the Notre Dame edition of assassin's creed unity but i heard that you can only get it from the Uplay shop. So have any of you pre ordered from there before, if so do you know if it will actually arrive on the release date...

AherasSTRG
06-14-2014, 03:30 PM
I pre-ordered from the Uplay shop this year for the first time. I also happen to have pre-ordered the Notre Dame Edition. Because I was wondering the same thing as you do, I sent an e-mail to the shop's support and they replied to me with this:

For all pre-order items, we aim to deliver for the day of release where possible. We do this regardless of which shipping method is selected so would normally recommend using the Standard Delivery option.

XG_BeN
06-19-2014, 08:52 PM
but what about the special edition's pre-order? for example if i Pre-Order FarCry 4 Kyrat Edition whict consists of Some Physical Contents like a box with A 20 cm figurine of the game's villain Pagan Min seated on an elephant ... so will i get this on release date or some days after pre-ordering? on checkout page it says DHL Express dilvery 1-2 days... its confusing 1-2 days after placing order or after release?

rrebe
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
but what about the special edition's pre-order? for example if i Pre-Order FarCry 4 Kyrat Edition whict consists of Some Physical Contents like a box with A 20 cm figurine of the game's villain Pagan Min seated on an elephant ... so will i get this on release date or some days after pre-ordering? on checkout page it says DHL Express dilvery 1-2 days... its confusing 1-2 days after placing order or after release?

How I understand it, if the product has been released already that is the delivery time after the order has been sent from the storage (I'd guess where you live might add some days to the delivery time). But because you're talking about a pre-order, the package should, in theory, be delivered to you by the release date, maybe give or take few days. I got my CE just on time last year.

derekallthumbs
06-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering several things about Unity:

Will there be console exclusives missions with AC: Unity like there was with past games? For example, the PS3 version of AC3 had the Benedict Arnold missions, while the Xbox 360 version did not. And in AC4, the PS3 version had Aveline missions, while again, the Xbox 360 version did not. I have not seen any thing saying that Unity will have the same experience, but it would be helpful to know in advance of my pre-order.

Also, do the pre-order codes, and the codes for the exclusive content in the Collector's Editions have expiration dates, I remember that the Brotherhood Collector's Editions' exclusive content expired. (I missed out on it by a month I think).

I ask the above as I do not yet have a Xbox One or a PS4, so I am wondering if the pre-order codes, and the codes for the exclusive content in the Collector's Editions can be redeemed to an Xbox Live or PSN account (You could do this with the exclusive content in the Collector's Editions of Infamous: Second Son), or if they have to be redeemed in-game.

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.

deskp
06-20-2014, 09:07 AM
No console exclusive mission.

you can propably only redeem the pre order coeds in the game. thats how assassins creed have done it and i dont see why they would change it, and all codes have expiration dates i believe. its to save themselves from complaining people in the future buying old games they don't support anymore.

derekallthumbs
06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm wondering if it will be different this time around because all the codes I got for the CE of Watch Dogs for PS3 and the pre-order DLC all were able to be redeemed via my PSN account, not in game. The CE codes did expire in October, so I'm also wondering if there is going to be that 5 or so month same gap till the Unity codes expire.

This is a pain, I have bought every AC CE that NA has seen, and these in-game only codes or expiration dates are nothing but a problem. I don't yet have a new-gen console, but still want a CE of Unity, oh well.

Thanks for the input, any more input from anyone would be appreciated.

hoodrat94
06-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Can't find Assassin's creed Unity on PSN. I want to pre order it but there is no sign of it, even if I search it up. When will it be available?

wvstolzing
06-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Can't find Assassin's creed Unity on PSN. I want to pre order it but there is no sign of it, even if I search it up. When will it be available?

I don't know about their pre-order policies (I'm new to PS); but there's no pre-ordering yet for Arkham Knight or GTA5 remastered either. It's possible to pre-order both of those on Amazon.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 05:51 PM
it's not GTA5 remastered, it's just GTA5

it's just a port to next gen and PC

wvstolzing
06-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Remastered is not the right word; but it's not just a port either. Check out the comparison videos on youtube.

Why the pedantry anyhow? :p;)

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 06:09 PM
ports w/ more graphical details are still just ports

cause I don't know why I just don't like it

when people spell spider-man as spiderman and a lot as alot I get peeved

wvstolzing
06-24-2014, 06:46 PM
ports w/ more graphical details are still just ports

cause I don't know why I just don't like it

when people spell spider-man as spiderman and a lot as alot I get peeved

Anyhow; I haven't heard alot of good things about the latest spiderman game; though the graphics on PS4 are supposed to be more detailed. So I guess it's remastered there.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 07:03 PM
"Remastering" isn't a thing. That's just what they called The Last of Us port to PS4.