PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the co-op Assassins are going to be characters in the main campaign?

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
And would you want them to?

It looks to me that, like the multiplayer in WD, we'll always be controlling Arno, even if we'll look like somebody else in another's player game. And I think it would be greatly beneficial if those characters weren't some random Assassin dudes, but your friends from the main campaign. This way co-op is not just going to be a side thing, but actually work for the advantage of the narrative - strengthen the bond between you and those characters with whom you'll go on all those different missions.

What do you think? Do you hope it's like that, or do you prefer every part of the co-op experience (including the characters) to be independent from the main single-player feature?

who-can-i-be
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
I'd definitely want the co-op assassins to be actual characters - in fact, I hope they get some playable missions in the core game as well, like a sequence each in the vein of Freedom Cry, without being sold separately?
In an ideal world all four would be playable in the main story, but I doubt that'll happen.

Jexx21
06-10-2014, 03:40 PM
some speculate that they're all just Arno with different customization options chosen.

But, I suspect that they will be actual characters in the story.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2014, 03:47 PM
They are all Connor with plastic surgery

Hans684
06-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Yes I think so. In the Making of AC:U there is a part of someone most likely play testing, that mission(if it is that) there says "save 3 assassins". It is also a co-op campaign in Unity, a campaign with 3 random assassins and the protagonist would be bad. They most likely are going to be characters.

RinoTheBouncer
06-10-2014, 08:55 PM
I agree that the co-op characters should be real people, or at least like the Assassin recruits. They can either be characters that we know and interact with like Claudia or Achilles or like the recruits that we don’t interact with very much in the main game, yet they’re still present and part of the game rather than just new characters who infiltrate the game when co-op mode is on and disappear when it’s off.

maxometer123
06-10-2014, 09:18 PM
i think it will be like watchdogs: You are always Arno and the other players just look like different charackters to you.

cawatrooper9
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
i think it will be like watchdogs: You are always Arno and the other players just look like different charackters to you.

I thought that too, originally. But in the gameplay demo, it's clear that each screen is assigned to a specific and different Assassin.

Sushiglutton
06-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I don't think so. They are apparently highly customizable, so it would be a little strange if they showed up in one way in the campaign and in another way when you meet them as you friend. Also has it been confirmed that the three assassins accompanying Arno will always look the same? Weird if there is no option to play as a female assassin in co-op.

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 01:11 AM
I dont think its like watch dogs... in the e3 co op trailer they showed those guys playing as all those different characters...

Kayewla
06-11-2014, 01:13 AM
I didn't notice there was an actual thread that discussed this subject quite specifically, so I will post what I posted in the other thread here:

Actually I have this feeling that the Assassins we've seen so far in the co-op demo are all Arno - 4 different Arnos customized by 4 different players. AC: Unity's main site has one major feature left to reveal it seems: "Deep Customization to Craft Your Own Master Assassin. Coming soon." I interpret that as us being able to make the main character into our very own version of Arno, by customizing his outfit and general appearance (to a certain degree), as well as equipment and weapons. If the customization is "deep" as claimed, that would imply a large variety of customization options.

It also fits quite well with the idea created with the AMM system, where we now have much more control over the main character's style and approach in his missions.

EDIT: I also just found this in the thread titled "The Ubiblog article and the AC site info. I'm sold."

Courtesy of dxsxhxcx:
https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10385310_512678175499763_5098340164008396082_n.jpg

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Everyone always plays as Arno, and the others are just random faces. I'm sure of that. Since you can tackle the co-op missions alone if you like, it would make no sense if the other Assassins had to be there as well for the sake of the story; I highly doubt they'd give us three AI Assassins if we played alone. As I understand it, the co-op "Brotherhood Missions" are just tasks assigned to Arno by the Assassin Council, and if he so chooses he can take a few nameless accomplices with him.

Although it would be cool if we could customize Arno with some of that boss facial hair :p

Dome500
06-11-2014, 03:05 AM
They MIGHT just be.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind that. I would not even want to play Arno.
If you play Arno for 90 - 100% of the singelplayer content then I am more than happy to play one of my "fellow Assassins" in Coop.

And if they really have a role in the singleplayer story that would even be better because then I could identify myself with them better and enjoy it even more.

I only have one fear and I hope they will not make that mistake: Let us choose who we want to be. Yeah sure, standard settings will be that the host is Arno and the others can choose, and yes you shouldn't be able to choose the same character as one of your 4 buddies. But if the host does not WANT to play Arno he should be able to switch, especially if one in the team wants to be him.
That way it's more flexible.

Tough I am also fine if we just play 4 variations of Arno as long as I can pretend it is someone else.

Since you can tackle the co-op missions alone if you like, it would make no sense if the other Assassins had to be there as well for the sake of the story;

I disagree.

I rather see it that way: IF they have 3 "Assassin Brothers" in the main singleplayer story, then why should they NOT include them into the coop? Would be ideal and very comfortable. And even if you play the coop solo then the Brothers would still be in the main story.

Evenesque
06-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Considering this guy on the left has a completely different face than Arno, I'd say they aren't him.

http://www.cheats.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Unity-assassins.jpg

Everyone always plays as Arno, and the others are just random faces. I'm sure of that. Since you can tackle the co-op missions alone if you like, it would make no sense if the other Assassins had to be there as well for the sake of the story; I highly doubt they'd give us three AI Assassins if we played alone. As I understand it, the co-op "Brotherhood Missions" are just tasks assigned to Arno by the Assassin Council, and if he so chooses he can take a few nameless accomplices with him.

Although it would be cool if we could customize Arno with some of that boss facial hair :p

That makes no sense considering the other players saw themselves as exactly as what everyone else saw them as. It wasn't a Watch Dogs situation.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 03:35 AM
I'd imagine everyone who plays co-op will be playing Arno, but I will see my 3 friends as different guys.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 03:37 AM
That makes no sense considering the other players saw themselves as exactly as what everyone else saw them as. It wasn't a Watch Dogs situation.

The other players saw themselves in the same clothes everyone else saw them in, but I'm thinking those clothes are just what they equipped their Arno character with. The faces would have been different. But considering it was a scripted stage demo, I'm guessing there might have been an element of fakery going on as well.

Lonnie_Jackson
06-11-2014, 03:55 AM
I hope they are characters in the story and tell him they can help if he needs "their" help. This is where your friends come into place, as if Arno called on the other Assassins.

Dome500
06-11-2014, 03:55 AM
I'd imagine everyone who plays co-op will be playing Arno, but I will see my 3 friends as different guys.

My guess is that in the beginning that will be the case but after a while there will be that one badass Assassin that everyone is impressed by and everyone is then going like "why can't I play this guy in singleplayer?" and they will be arguing about who gets to play him now.

But hey, that's normal in Coop.

I hope they are characters in the story and tell him they can help if he needs "their" help. This is where your friends come into place, as if Arno called on the other Assassins.

Agreed. It will be a whole new feeling of "Brotherhood".

Farlander1991
06-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Based on the Polygon interview with Amancio where he says that in our game other Assassins are Arnos with swapped faces (though in theirs they're still Arno's face), I doubt the Brotherhood characters will be a part of the main campaign :( That's a real pity, IMO. I still think it would be cool to have them both as NPCs and co-op partners.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Based on the Polygon interview with Amancio where he says that in our game other Assassins are Arnos with swapped faces (though in theirs they're still Arno's face), I doubt the Brotherhood characters will be a part of the main campaign :( That's a real pity, IMO. I still think it would be cool to have them both as NPCs and co-op partners.

They're all Arnos with swapped faces, but he didn't rule out the possibility that the alternate faces are taken from actual characters in the story. I find it very unlikely, but it's still possible.

Off-topic, but I hope that the green outfit in that image Evenesque posted is available in-game exactly as it appears in that image. I like it even better than Arno's.