PDA

View Full Version : The Ubiblog article and the AC site info. I'm sold.

ArabianFrost
06-10-2014, 12:49 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-9-things-need-know/
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-gameplay/index.aspx

From the UbiBlog article:

"Mission structure has also changed. Or, to put it more directly: missions no longer have a set structure. In previous games, you’d be given a defined set of goals. You’d achieve them, or you’d start over – either at the beginning of the mission or at an appropriate checkpoint. Assassin’s Creed Unity introduces something called Adaptive Mission Mechanic (AMM) – which is exactly what it sounds like.

Assassin's Creed Unity

To explain AMM, Amancio lays out a typical scenario from previous games. Let’s say you’re tailing a Templar target; if you get spotted, the mission might be over. That’s no longer the case. “We’ve opted for a different philosophy where we won’t tell you Tail this guy,” Amancio says. “We’ll just maybe tell you Figure out where he’s going.” That means you can tail him if you like – and if you get spotted, the tail could turn into a chase. If you lose him altogether, your goal switches to locating your target. If a riot happens to break out and your target is killed, then you can loot his body to, say, find a letter that tells you where he’s going. “So it’s really up to the player to figure out how he’s going to do this,” Amancio says.

Of course, there’s much more to AMM than this. It’ll never be as simple as choosing the easiest path (i.e., killing every target and looting their bodies) because that could have serious repercussions in the world. “If a guy is missing, maybe they’re going to double up patrols in your next mission. So there’s a risk. It evens itself out.”

Tailing missions are still in, all you non-believers! They're actually more authentic now. I like

Markaccus
06-10-2014, 12:58 PM
So i take it this means OOs are gone?! Excellent. The whole 100% synch thing will be different now, as there will be no way of knowing exactly how Arno did any given mission. Hopefully it will be determined by amount of content completed instead.

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 12:59 PM
This concept I dig a lot. Here's hopes that everything's going to work out.

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Good read, Another thing that I am interested about that they mention

Experience this incredibly chaotic time in the world’s history through the eyes of the young Assassin Arno. Drawn into the Assassin’s order, Arno finds himself in the struggle for control over the fate of France. Of course, co-op isn’t the only new addition that will help you on your journey. This time, Arno is yours to fully customize with weapons, equipment, outfits and even specialized skills to suit the way you play. Whether you want to be able to deal (and absorb) heavy damage in a fight or favor stealth and agility, you’ll be able to adapt Arno to match your style.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2014, 01:09 PM
This new mission structure gets me giddy.

Let's hope there are no optional objectives and we are let of the leash completely. And of course that everything turns out as intended.

It really sounds like a complete overhaul, and that Unity may just feel totally new after all.

Markaccus
06-10-2014, 01:10 PM
It will be interesting to see how ubi have got round the whole idea of the Animus being all about synching memories. One way would have been "Arno had contingency plans for each mission, and the animus can read these as well as the actual way he did things, and is programmed to use alternative scenarios to synch the memory, as long as the primary objective is completed"

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
It will be interesting to see how ubi have got round the whole idea of the Animus being all about synching memories.

The answer to that would be, 'pretty much like they did in AC1'?

In AC1 the cutscenes were essentially synch points (which is why you couldn't change them), and, in-universe, we were trying to figure out our way to get to those sync points (which is why we could do almost anything we want between them). The whole 'do exactly as the ancestor did it' thing was actually the shaky explanation of optional objective existence, not the other way around ;) :p :D

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 01:16 PM
The second link you provided freezes my whole computer when i try to scroll down past parkour :(

Markaccus
06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
The answer to that would be, 'pretty much like they did in AC1'?

In AC1 the cutscenes were essentially synch points (which is why you couldn't change them), and, in-universe, we were trying to figure out our way to get to those sync points (which is why we could do almost anything we want between them). The whole 'do exactly as the ancestor did it' thing was actually the shaky explanation of optional objective existence, not the other way around ;) :p :D

I agree. If op objs were necesary for 100% then you would have to kill EXACTLY the same 2 crocodiles in EXACTLY the same place (using that infamous example lol).
Having synch points is better because then you are only synching with the important memories. These memories are the only ones that should count towards 100%. The rest should be side quests.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Amancio: “Assassin’s Creed is first and foremost a social stealth game. You’re an Assassin. You shouldn’t be Rambo.”

He's...he's one of us!

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 01:33 PM
It true, this is AWESOME!

ArabianFrost
06-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Amancio: “Assassin’s Creed is first and foremost a social stealth game. You’re an Assassin. You shouldn’t be Rambo.”

He's...he's one of us!

Let's give him the internet kiss of death.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
It true, this is AWESOME!

Amancio could be my new hero!

Shahkulu101
06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Let's give him the internet kiss of death.

Until further notice, this guy deserves The Lord Ashraf treatment.

Speaking of The Holy One, I do wonder if he will work on another AC game. His team got almost everything right.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Speaking of The Holy One, I do wonder if he will work on another AC game. His team got almost everything right.

I want them to do AC games every two or years, China being the next setting :P

ArabianFrost
06-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Indeed. Good job Amancio!

Hutchinson got to work on Far Cry 4 instead. Maybe it depends on who they find got the closest to the AC formula? If so, Ashraf is probably in.

Cjail
06-10-2014, 01:42 PM
I can't see what hey say here (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-gameplay/index.aspx) :(

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Sounds gooooooood!

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2014, 01:49 PM
It will be interesting to see how ubi have got round the whole idea of the Animus being all about synching memories. One way would have been "Arno had contingency plans for each mission, and the animus can read these as well as the actual way he did things, and is programmed to use alternative scenarios to synch the memory, as long as the primary objective is completed"

the path you decide to follow in a mission will be the way Arno did things, you can't kill the same target twice (at least not without replaying a memory, but this isn't the point), if you decide to tail your target and trigger a chase, that's what happened, if the target is killed by other people who storm into the building while you were fighting him, that's what happened, the other "options" you know as the player that you have available don't matter in the end, you'll only follow one course of events that'll lead you to the end of the mission, which one will be up to you to choose, but the one you choose will be how things happened.

I just hope this make into the final game, if you know what I mean... :p

shobhit7777777
06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
They heard us.

I feel validated and ecstatic.

The AAM sounds exactly like what I wanted and the tailing bit is everything I'd asked for. ACU is addressing every single major concern of mine.

ze_topazio
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I want them to do AC games every two or years, China being the next setting :P

He did say Japan would be a good choice for the next setting.

Dag_B
06-10-2014, 02:28 PM
I just hope this make into the final game, if you know what I mean... :p
Just my thoughts. If it will be this way, that would be awesome. "Solve the mission your way" is something I was missing in the last titles.
But I will stay sceptical if it'll really be this way in the game and not again scrapped or only halfway implemented.
Time will show.

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10385310_512678175499763_5098340164008396082_n.jpg

I didn't want to create a thread just for this but according to this image it seems eagle vision will now have a cooldown, interesting.

EDIT: image found at the Access the Animus Facebook page

Jexx21
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Indeed. Good job Amancio!

Hutchinson got to work on Far Cry 4 instead. Maybe it depends on who they find got the closest to the AC formula? If so, Ashraf is probably in.
AC4 was closer to the Far Cry formula than the Assassin's Creed formula. AC3 was definitely closer than AC4.

ACfan443
06-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Amancio: “Assassin’s Creed is first and foremost a social stealth game. You’re an Assassin. You shouldn’t be Rambo."

He's...he's one of us!

I liked how he illustrated this design philosophy by blowing up an entire harbour at E3 2011.

http://youtu.be/kh0nRRFLJ5k

JustPlainQuirky
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Clean up on aile my panties.

GreySkellig
06-10-2014, 04:24 PM
https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10385310_512678175499763_5098340164008396082_n.jpg

So it seems like the degree of customization is going to be pretty high--what with separate hoods being an option.

JustPlainQuirky
06-10-2014, 04:38 PM
I like how a hood effects eagle vision.

charming, really.

Rugterwyper32
06-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I liked how he illustrated this design philosophy by blowing up an entire harbour at E3 2011.

http://youtu.be/kh0nRRFLJ5k

Well, having to turn a small, unimportant to the storyline portable game into a full fledged game in 10 months would lead to some radical choices to make the game seem like a huge blockbuster that's very bombastic. I'm thinking that if it had been a big game from the start, maybe then things would have worked out better.
Obviously they didn't.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Well, having to turn a small, unimportant to the storyline portable game into a full fledged game in 10 months would lead to some radical choices to make the game seem like a huge blockbuster that's very bombastic. I'm thinking that if it had been a big game from the start, maybe then things would have worked out better.
Obviously they didn't.

And yet ,Amancio and his team were able to craft a good story and possibly the best city in the "old" generation of AC games, kudos for them.

Rugterwyper32
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
And yet ,Amancio and his team were able to craft a good story and possibly the best city in the "old" generation of AC games, kudos for them.

Considering what they were working with, I really do find it impressive. The story was not perfect, but then again, it was originally a portable game with minimal story and seeing how other portable games had been up to that point, absolutely nothing regarding modern day. And they made such a solid city in so little time, they really put a lot of effort into it.

jayjay275
06-10-2014, 05:21 PM
So who gets the exclusive content this time round?

AssassinHMS
06-10-2014, 05:38 PM

He's...he's one of us!

Ha! That would shut up so many people I found in this forum.
Anyway, I'm pleased with what I know about this game so far. Although I'm unable to be hyped, I can say I'm looking forward to ACU's reviews.

By the way, has there been any word on whether investigations will be present in the game?

jayjay275
06-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Please no investigations...
Sorry but they were the most repetitive thing about AC1 and what can make it feel boring at times.

RinoTheBouncer
06-10-2014, 05:53 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-9-things-need-know/
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-gameplay/index.aspx

From the UbiBlog article:

"Mission structure has also changed. Or, to put it more directly: missions no longer have a set structure. In previous games, you’d be given a defined set of goals. You’d achieve them, or you’d start over – either at the beginning of the mission or at an appropriate checkpoint. Assassin’s Creed Unity introduces something called Adaptive Mission Mechanic (AMM) – which is exactly what it sounds like.

Assassin's Creed Unity

To explain AMM, Amancio lays out a typical scenario from previous games. Let’s say you’re tailing a Templar target; if you get spotted, the mission might be over. That’s no longer the case. “We’ve opted for a different philosophy where we won’t tell you Tail this guy,” Amancio says. “We’ll just maybe tell you Figure out where he’s going.” That means you can tail him if you like – and if you get spotted, the tail could turn into a chase. If you lose him altogether, your goal switches to locating your target. If a riot happens to break out and your target is killed, then you can loot his body to, say, find a letter that tells you where he’s going. “So it’s really up to the player to figure out how he’s going to do this,” Amancio says.

Of course, there’s much more to AMM than this. It’ll never be as simple as choosing the easiest path (i.e., killing every target and looting their bodies) because that could have serious repercussions in the world. “If a guy is missing, maybe they’re going to double up patrols in your next mission. So there’s a risk. It evens itself out.”

Tailing missions are still in, all you non-believers! They're actually more authentic now. I like

This really is such a relief.
BYE BYE Optional Objectives. GOOD RIDDANCE!

I’m really excited for the AMM. I’m happy to see games focusing more on different possibilities of gameplay and story rather than a game-over screen. I think this could be really fun to tailor the game the way you desire it to be or the way you play it. It will tailor itself to suit your choice without having to give you dialogue options but rather gives you the opportunity to find alternate solutions to finish a mission, just like real life. Not just repeat.

AssassinHMS
06-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Please no investigations...
Sorry but they were the most repetitive thing about AC1 and what can make it feel boring at times.

AC1's investigations were VERY underdeveloped and unrealistic. Think about detective work, real detective work. I and other forum members have already provided countless ways to make investigations fun, deep and interesting, now it's up to Ubisoft to actually try.

Finally, investigatons are a huge part of an Assassin's life. If there are no investigations then the game isn't an Assassin simulator. If it isn't an Assassin simulator then it isn't an actual Ac game (other than the title) because Patrice created AC with one single objective, relive the life of an Assassin.

m4r-k7
06-10-2014, 06:29 PM
This really is such a relief.
BYE BYE Optional Objectives. GOOD RIDDANCE!

I’m really excited for the AMM. I’m happy to see games focusing more on different possibilities of gameplay and story rather than a game-over screen. I think this could be really fun to tailor the game the way you desire it to be or the way you play it. It will tailor itself to suit your choice without having to give you dialogue options but rather gives you the opportunity to find alternate solutions to finish a mission, just like real life. Not just repeat.

OMG that sounds amazing!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-10-2014, 08:08 PM
This is sounding better and better and better and better and...

Hopefully they can deliver on all these promises. THIS looks like a fundamental reassessment of the franchise/series by going back to the original game from small things like a single hidden blade (it looks like he only has one.. perhaps with the new skill progression system you can unlock the ability to wield two?) to focusing on navigation in a dense urban city to making social stealth and stealth in general a priority as opposed to street brawls where you can slaughter hundreds of enemies without breaking a sweat to the open ended structure of missions. It sounds like they want to once again capture that Assassin/Blade in the Crowd simulation that the original AC attempted. AC1 was really the only game in the series to try that. It's not my favorite AC (AC2 is) because of various issues such as the strange side missions (race to collect flags for intel...lolok) and the repetitive nature of the investigation phase... but with AC2 on, they dropped the Assassin sim feel for more of a story-centric feel.

It sounds like this game will have more side content than ever before. I hope those murder mystery side missions and all other side missions can be replayed as well.

This game sounds like (or hopefully) it will take all the best things from the games:

From AC1: The feel and simulation of being an Assassin. Being given a target and tasked with taking them out by letting us do so with however way we choose. The immense and supremely dense crowds add to this.. these crowds are ones that you could disappear into and they look phenomenal. It seems like it's embracing the social stealth aspect but also embracing stealth in general by adding more options by utilizing the "stealth mode" (or let's just call it the crouch button because that's what it is -- they definitely didn't reinvent the wheel with this one) and a fully fleshed out, robust cover system. So that way... you can opt to use that kind of approach as well.
From AC2/ACB/ACR: The customization. It sounds like there will be a skill system for the first time in AC. From disguises, to better Eagle Pulse/Vision, to lockpicking... I hope there's also loads of outfit/aesthetic customization as well. From the sounds of it.. the co-op characters we saw would be customized Assassins. I wonder if this means those would all be those people's Arnos or if you play as Arno in your game but when playing in someone else's you play as your co-op avatar you can customize? Regardless... I hope that means we can also customize Arno the way we want... different outfits, hoods, coat-types, colors, etc. I really want to play ACU decked out in Assassin White and red please.
From AC3: Uhhhhhh. Maybe....like...the weather? But better too?
From AC4: The random events. In AC4, the warehouses regenerate after awhile I believe (I haven't played 4 yet so correct me if I'm wrong) which added to the things you can do once the story was over. There were thieves and maybe a few other things. HOPEFULLY, Ubi has taken this and pushed it to the extreme by adding in a LOT of random events to take part in. Thieves, street brawls, someone being attacked by soldiers in their home...those are 3 things we saw... hopefully there are more and that they're indefinite.

I hopehopehope that the next game utilizes these gorgeous graphics and this amazing sounding (and looking) gameplay and set it in China. PLEASE. I'm really excited for Unity despite being sick of the 18th century. If they announced the next AC as China. I'd die. After playing it of course.

SixKeys
06-10-2014, 08:16 PM
The things described in the OP sound too good to be true. Sounds perfect for AC. Your target can actually disappear into the crowd, and then your task is to find him again. And if he's killed, his troops get suspicious and might double down on guard duty.....This sounds better than any of the broken promises AC3 made in 2012. I don't want to get hyped because I'll almost inevitably end up disappointed. But if it were true..... :eek: :cool:

And **** YES, full customization sounds awesome. We can finally choose to add or remove weapons? We can choose whether to arm ourselves to the teeth or make a silent assassin?

If all this turns out to be true, I'll take back everything bad I ever might have said about Amancio.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-10-2014, 08:19 PM
The things described in the OP sound too good to be true. Sounds perfect for AC. Your target can actually disappear into the crowd, and then your task is to find him again. And if he's killed, his troops get suspicious and might double down on guard duty.....This sounds better than any of the broken promises AC3 made in 2012. I don't want to get hyped because I'll almost inevitably end up disappointed. But if it were true..... :eek: :cool:

And **** YES, full customization sounds awesome. We can finally choose to add or remove weapons? We can choose whether to arm ourselves to the teeth or make a silent assassin?

If all this turns out to be true, I'll take back everything bad I ever might have said about Amancio.
If executed well, this could be the best and biggest change to the gameplay formula. Let's pray this also means no more 100% synch objectives that are nothing but artificial game bloat

DinoSteve1
06-10-2014, 08:25 PM
If executed well, this could be the best and biggest change to the gameplay formula. Let's pray this also means no more 100% synch objectives that are nothing but artificial game bloat
Dear God I hope so I hate memory sync rate, I want to play, how I want to play.

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but here are some more from Kotaku (save space instead of making a new thread).

The game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved.

There is no competitive multiplayer mode in Unity, the first time a big new AC will lack that since 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

There's a crouch button. Yay!

There will be a modern section to the game as well, in some way starring "you." I'm not quite sure what that means, but they said it'd be different than Assassin's Creed IV, which had the player in the role of an unnamed employee of fictional (and Templar-aligned) Abstergo Entertainment.

Amancio may have previously been the creative director of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but he promised me we would not be getting the return of that game's tower defense missions. Praise the lord.

SixKeys
06-10-2014, 08:59 PM
One question I have in mind: if you're tasked with a main quest like this, is it still possible to fail if you get distracted with a side quest? They say your target can disappear and you'll have to track him down again. Does that mean we'll get the old timer counting down 20 seconds before you fail the mission, or can we actually choose to allow our target to disappear in favor of helping a woman whose husband is being tortured by soldiers?

marvelfannumber
06-10-2014, 09:02 PM
One question I have in mind: if you're tasked with a main quest like this, is it still possible to fail if you get distracted with a side quest? They say your target can disappear and you'll have to track him down again.

I am guessing that it will be like in the SP demo where you can go to the side mission, the target will dissapear and the tailing or approxamate location of the target will be added to your quest log.

Or atleast that is how I hope it will be.

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2014, 09:16 PM
One question I have in mind: if you're tasked with a main quest like this, is it still possible to fail if you get distracted with a side quest? They say your target can disappear and you'll have to track him down again. Does that mean we'll get the old timer counting down 20 seconds before you fail the mission, or can we actually choose to allow our target to disappear in favor of helping a woman whose husband is being tortured by soldiers?

great question, you should ask it in that Q&A that Loomer will do with Amancio.. :)

from what I could see from the gameplay video, the moment we entered that house and spoke with the woman, a prompt appeared allowing us to begin the mission or store it on our mission log (the player choose to do it later), I believe that if we weren't allowed to begin a side quest during a main mission, then the option to begin the side mission shouldn't even be there.

SixKeys
06-10-2014, 09:27 PM
great question, you should ask it in that Q&A that Loomer will do with Amancio.. :)

from what I could see from the gameplay video, the moment we entered that house and spoke with the woman, a prompt appeared allowing us to begin the mission or store it on our mission log (the player choose to do it later), I believe that if we weren't allowed to begin a side quest during a main mission, then the option to begin the side mission shouldn't even be there.

Done. I doubt they'll answer it, but we'll see. :)

I don't think the player was in the middle of a main quest quest at the time he spoke to the woman, but I could be wrong.

Ureh
06-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Sounds promising so far, can't wait to learn more details. They should include a demo vid that shows which buttons were pressed, when, and for how long, etc.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 12:53 AM
AC1's investigations were VERY underdeveloped and unrealistic. Think about detective work, real detective work. I and other forum members have already provided countless ways to make investigations fun, deep and interesting, now it's up to Ubisoft to actually try.

Finally, investigatons are a huge part of an Assassin's life. If there are no investigations then the game isn't an Assassin simulator. If it isn't an Assassin simulator then it isn't an actual Ac game (other than the title) because Patrice created AC with one single objective, relive the life of an Assassin.

The demo showed that they've implemented a murder mystery mission strand, so I think that pretty much confirms that there will be some detective work of some kind, if not in the main missions then at least in the side content.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 12:58 AM
The game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved.

So glad to hear this - I'm getting into the co-op thing, but will be nice to know I can still do them when it's no longer possible to co-op.

egriffin09
06-11-2014, 01:12 AM
Glad to hear that Co-op is optional. I would like to play through ACU solo on my first playthrough, then try out co-op a little on later playthroughs.

The new AMM system(adaptive mission mechanic) sounds promising. The mission "structure" will be really dynamic because it changes depending on what the player does. Two people could be playing the same mission and both missions could unfold differently for both players. Just the possibly of not being able to "fail" a mission sounds awesome. If Ubi pulls the AMM system off, it could add so much replay value.

Markaccus
06-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but here are some more from Kotaku (save space instead of making a new thread).

There is no competitive multiplayer mode in Unity, the first time a big new AC will lack that since 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

There's a crouch button. Yay!

There will be a modern section to the game as well, in some way starring "you." I'm not quite sure what that means, but they said it'd be different than Assassin's Creed IV, which had the player in the role of an unnamed employee of fictional (and Templar-aligned) Abstergo Entertainment.

Amancio may have previously been the creative director of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but he promised me we would not be getting the return of that game's tower defense missions. Pra

[/LIST]

A modern section staring "you". Well, if it is NOT like AC4, then i wonder if they have made a customisable 3rd person character. A selection of clothes, hair colours and styles? Even heights and builds? Probably means you can't be refered to by name. Maybe "agent x" or something more assassins related :confused: :p

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 08:44 AM
I hate me.. Im not interesting I want a new modern day hero to be interested in.. When I play games im interested in Other characters not "myself"... Oh well..

Markaccus
06-12-2014, 08:51 AM
I hate me.. Im not interesting I want a new modern day hero to be interested in.. When I play games im interested in Other characters not "myself"... Oh well..

This is reason AC4 modern day was B0ll0cks. I can just about live with it being "me" as long as i can customise "me" 3rd person and basically be an assassin.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 08:53 AM
This is reason AC4 modern day was B0ll0cks. I can just about live with it being "me" as long as i can customise "me" 3rd person and basically be an assassin.

It will probably be 1st person again though..

Markaccus
06-12-2014, 08:56 AM
It will probably be 1st person again though..

In which case i hope we can just skip the whole thing. It was SH1TE.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 09:00 AM
In which case i hope we can just skip the whole thing. It was SH1TE.

Unless they do something like a silent 3rd person protag where you can customise their clothes and face then that might be cool but I think it will most likely just be 1st person :(

Markaccus
06-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Unless they do something like a silent 3rd person protag where you can customise their clothes and face then that might be cool but I think it will most likely just be 1st person :(

Yeah thats what i was hoping for. Can't face another floating generic Smart-pad thing.

roostersrule2
06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Almost makes me regret them killing off the D-man, however he shall not be brought back.

Otherwise Ubi shall feel the wrath of my Rotten Swordfish!!!

LatinaC09
06-12-2014, 12:28 PM
If that 100% mission sync is gone then I will celebrate!!!

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 12:30 PM

I'm certain it will be, it goes against their entire design philosophy.

egriffin09
06-12-2014, 02:07 PM

I think it will be gone because of the new system AMM (Adaptive Mission Mechanic). I think with AC Unity, they are trying to get back to "do the mission how you want" really open ended missions.