PDA

View Full Version : DLC 6/10 "70s Singles"

toymachinesh
06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_XEODZ8Y80

Classic Singles

Bill Withers “Ain’t No Sunshine” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo) - [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Bill-Withers-Aint-No-Sunshine/f6b57c4d-0a91-48d3-bd44-d861f034a437) / Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/294929/)
James Gang “Funk #49″ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_qHU_6Ofc0&feature=kp) (No Rhythm) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/James-Gang-Funk-49/c2cf855f-0eb9-462a-a1d0-ef21eff482f8) / Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/294931/?snr=1_7_15__13)
Roy Buchanan “Sweet Dreams” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQlW57CRkug) (No Rhythm) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Roy-Buchanan-Sweet-Dreams/17543a07-63b8-46ca-a44a-92344d4e622e) / Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/294930/?snr=1_7_15__13)

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-610-70s-hits-05/

It's actually called "Classic Singles" my bad lol

dallasdave22
06-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Very excited about this set. I'll be picking up Funk #49 to start with and then the others later.

RichTheMighty
06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
No dinner tonight for the family, daddy's gotta buy DLC!

(I don't really have kids so don't worry ;) )

rcole_sooner
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Whoa!

Take my money now!

BazzTard61
06-10-2014, 03:01 PM
no Rhythm? that's an outrage ! nah just kidding!

great pack, tho listening to Sweet Dreams I don't think I can pass ESA lol

guitarman529
06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Nice variety but not my cup of tea so I will pass.

jgrantham7
06-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Waiting for it to show up on PSN.....

Bubba-HoTep27
06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Probably gonna get the pack, nice variety .... Just listened to Sweet Dream that might rank up there with Satch Boogie and Cliffs of Dover.

dm_gsxr
06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Is it quitting time yet???

Carl

Moodyblues57
06-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Can someone give me an idea as to approximately when weekly DLC is available in the USA? It's been awhile for me... Thanks.

Kynlore
06-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Looks like I may make a purchase today.

FragDaddy34
06-10-2014, 05:11 PM
FINALY, a bone for the rest of us! Thank you Dan and RS team, a much appreciated change of genre. Thanks again Toy for always posting the links, as that makes it very convenient. :)

MoldyRhyme94061
06-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Boss just left so i am heading home to try these. Hopefully rocksmith doesn't get me fired :D

Moodyblues57
06-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Can someone give me an idea as to approximately when weekly DLC is available in the USA? It's been awhile for me... Thanks.

Never mind. Looks like the answer is 12:45 PM EDT. :) Purchased!

as_uninvited
06-10-2014, 08:13 PM
wowzers.... Funk #49 is a whole lot of fun to jam with!

Gold_Jim
06-10-2014, 08:49 PM
A must have! What a great selection.

Amara_Tamlin
06-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Funk #49 is one of those old favourites that I've heard a zillion times on the radio, but never actually learned the name of. I may snag the other two on general principle as well.

tjdrico
06-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I love the song, but Ain't No Sunshine is pretty blooming dull on bass.

Funk #49 is much better.

AlloysiusGrunt
06-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Just dabbled with them on PS3. Great stuff! Ain't No Sunshine is on the easier side, Funk #49 is intermediate, and Sweet Dreams in full is pretty advanced. Of course, YMMV. I'm one happy camper.

DanAmrich
06-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I am really happy to see folks here excited for this material. Funk #49 is one of my faves and I am looking forward to digging into the RS version -- if only to see how far off I am from how I currently play it.

Facebook response has been more positive than I feared it might be. I hope everybody there who is excited for it also opens their wallets!

jgrantham7
06-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Ain't No Sunshine looks like a good candidate to practice finger-pickin'.

CrazedRacer
06-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Bought 2/3. Not really a Bill Withers fan, but the other 2 songs are ones that I will enjoy learning... Well... Perhaps "enjoy" isn't the right word for "Sweet Dreams". I'm sure it will be frustrating to learn, but I can't pass up a.) Rocksmith's first country DLC and b.) a song with SO MANY great country techniques...

Moodyblues57
06-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Funk #49 is a blast; my favorite of all the RS songs so far. My friend, who is a fairly accomplished guitarist, was trying out an amp/guitar combination at Sweetwater one day, and started playing that tune. He ended up drawing a crowd who applauded when he was done. I can only aspire to such greatness. :p

solidwhitemike
06-11-2014, 02:10 AM
I love the song, but Ain't No Sunshine is pretty blooming dull on bass.

Funk #49 is much better.

Agreed. Ain't no sunshine is a good song but possibly one of the most boring charts in the game. Funk 49 is really fun though!

CrazedRacer
06-11-2014, 03:05 AM
I'll have to agree with what Dan said... "Sweet Dreams" is like a 5 minute master class on country techniques. Wow.

fredyellowone
06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Agreed. Ain't no sunshine is a good song but possibly one of the most boring charts in the game. Funk 49 is really fun though!

Some people can't play hangar 18. We need more of those easy songs in the game. Rocksmith is supposed to be a learning tool.

BazzTard61
06-11-2014, 04:05 AM
I am really happy to see folks here excited for this material. Funk #49 is one of my faves and I am looking forward to digging into the RS version -- if only to see how far off I am from how I currently play it.

Facebook response has been more positive than I feared it might be. I hope everybody there who is excited for it also opens their wallets!

you seem surprised that people are glad to have dlc that they have heard of before, seriously,all those angry young punks may be popular with the youngsters, but older folk don't know them.
you can't beat classic rock for general acceptance and appreciation..
every time people say they haven't heard of the DLC artist, they are not dissing that artist, but indicating that yet again a 'relatively' little known artist is released ,

Don't confuse "I haven't heard of them' for 'They are crap".Different words hehe

C.Linton
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Some people can't play hangar 18. We need more of those easy songs in the game. Rocksmith is supposed to be a learning tool.

Yeah. not everything has to be a challenge. Easy songs like this are important, to new and old (like me) players both.

Jasta_man
06-11-2014, 11:38 AM

Yeah. not everything has to be a challenge. Easy songs like this are important, to new and old (like me) players both.

I can't agree more.

zaxcv4321
06-11-2014, 01:28 PM

I like having some easier songs in the mix: when you don't have to focus on the charts, it really allows you the room to have fun, improvise and focus on the nuance

Moodyblues57
06-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Ain't No Sunshine looks like a good candidate to practice finger-pickin'.

Brilliant idea! Thanks for the tip!

tjdrico
06-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I said it was dull, which wasn't meant to imply easy. I reckon even simple bass parts can be more interesting; e.g. Black Magic is easy, but to me more interesting. Obviously, whether something is dull or not is a subjective matter of personal taste.

It's just an observation, and a reminder to myself that I should properly check what I'm buying before parting with money for DLC.

As for needing easy stuff in the game, I agree. A lot of that is catered for my the dynamic difficulty, riff repeater, and Score Attack levels, but it's still satisfying to "FC" a song.

FragDaddy34
06-11-2014, 03:14 PM

Felt that way all along! I was terrible when I started years ago, and I'm still pretty terrible today. I have no illusion of ever being a decent player, but I do hope some day to learn just one song, any song, all the way through. I seriously wouldn't care if it was 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'...... So, I throw my hat in for even just one song that everyone else might consider stupidly easy for the few of us that are guitar challenged.

daddy_felix
06-11-2014, 03:42 PM
PSN eu:

Rocksmith 2014
* Rocksmith® 2014 – James Gang – Funk 49 (£2.49/€2.99/$4.55)
* Rocksmith® 2014 – Roy Buchanan – Sweet Dreams (£2.49/€2.99/$4.55)

No "Ain't no sunshine" :( looked in the online store (web)

jellisjenius
06-11-2014, 03:45 PM

You are a brave man to take in the Facebook page feedback - tough crowd to say the least. I can't even look at it - gets me too riled up.

Just curious since you dropped a lot of knowledge on us about Roy Buchanan and his guitar - what is your guitar/bass background? What are your favorite RS tracks aside from Funk #49?

BazzTard61
06-11-2014, 03:57 PM
PSN eu:

No "Ain't no sunshine" :( looked in the online store (web)

I know Iknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknow iknowiknowikmowiknowiknowiknow :D

pretty bad of Sony to stuff up, sometimes it's delayed a bit so maybe it'll be there in the morning, otherwise maybe they should headhunt an xbl or steam tech hehe

jellisjenius
06-11-2014, 04:01 PM
you seem surprised that people are glad to have dlc that they have heard of before, seriously,all those angry young punks may be popular with the youngsters, but older folk don't know them.
you can't beat classic rock for general acceptance and appreciation..
every time people say they haven't heard of the DLC artist, they are not dissing that artist, but indicating that yet again a 'relatively' little known artist is released ,

Don't confuse "I haven't heard of them' for 'They are crap".Different words hehe
I get the impression that you truly believe that you speak for a significant demographic of RS players, which is unfortunate since I am in that demographic and tend to disagree with just about everything you post.

Full disclosure - I am over 35, love rock music from all eras and was happy to get these '70s tracks. I generally enjoy a very wide range of music and probably the one that grates on me the most is pop-punk (Green Day, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, etc). So I have bona fides as being outside the "young punks" demographic.

That said, to insinuate that James Gang, Bill Withers, and Roy Buchanan are "dlc [people] have heard of before" and groups like AFI, Sum 41, etc. are little known is just crazy IMO. Forum posters here (myself included) and your circle of friends are nothing more than a vocal minority - I'm fairly confident that the majority of the game's demographic is made up of people who either listen to the current stuff that's popular or what was popular in the '90s.

I'm glad to hear that there has been some positive reaction on Facebook, but I think it was perfectly reasonable for Dan to expect backlash. I still doubt that the sales figures will match those of some of the newer stuff and huge classic hits like More Than a Feeling...but I guess time will tell.

solidwhitemike
06-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Well there is no way in hell I can play hanger 18 myself. I suck and I am just learning as well. My comment was more that is the chart isn't inspiring. The song sounds good but not because of the guitar. By all means it should be a great easy song to learn. I just dont know if I will ever be motivated to play it again after the two play throughs from yesterday.

BazzTard61
06-11-2014, 05:03 PM
jellisjenius, i also buy most dlc, i'm just saying there is a lot more newer stuff than classic,

the truth is, more people want to play classic stuff, enough that it should warrant more than once every six weeks or so, i'm not saying there shouldnt be new stuff, just that a better balance would suit, but as Dan has explained, sometimes a lot of one genre gets approved at the same time and nothing else.

It's a natural thing to get more excited about a song you've loved for thirty years than one you know nothing about, have never heard of it and vaguely know one of that band's songs,maybe,make sense?

Dmonster4
06-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Just downloaded the whole pack and about to get my a$$ handed to me by 'Sweet Dreams'!

This is what I have been waiting for! Some Classic Rock! As far as Funk #49 is concerned! :D

It's a nice break from the 90's Pop-Punk/whatever Cake is.

I just hope others have bought these songs so we can get more like this! :D

tjdrico
06-11-2014, 05:28 PM
to insinuate that James Gang, Bill Withers, and Roy Buchanan are "dlc [people] have heard of before"

I'm 46 in a few months, and have hitherto never heard of James Gang or Roy Buchanan. :D

flynlion
06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
It's a nice break from the 90's Pop-Punk/whatever Cake is.

I just hope others have bought these songs so we can get more like this! :D

I bought the whole pack too, first time in a LONG time that I did that! :p

Dmonster4
06-11-2014, 05:58 PM
H
I bought the whole pack too, first time in a LONG time that I did that! :p

Yeah, I'm exactly the same the last full pack I bought was Boston and that was a LOOOONG time ago! :D

Gold_Jim
06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I find it interesting to hear the response regarding Ain't No Sunshine. This is an excellent opportunity to work on playing rhythmically and in the pocket on guitar. The other thing is double-stops. If I had a dime for every guitarist (of many playing levels) who say, "Brown Eyed Girl is too easy on guitar" and then when asked to play it, completely botch the intro, I'd be rich. Ain't No Sunshine is very similar in its understated guitar work. Outside of the song, one would roll back on the volume, choose a neck pickup and fingerpick lightly. You might find a new respect for this style of playing and some moving chords you can use when writing your own music.

Regardless, this is a fantastic release, and I look forward to more like it.

Moodyblues57
06-11-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm 46 in a few months, and have hitherto never heard of James Gang or Roy Buchanan. :D
I'm 57, and never heard of Roy Buchanan until RS, for which I am grateful. But you never heard of The James Gang? :confused: That's a bit surprising, but I guess you would have been a little tyke when they were filling the airwaves. I'm curious, did Funk #49 sound familiar once you heard it? Maybe this is another case of a band being big on one side of the pond, and not so much on the other.

Moodyblues57
06-11-2014, 06:13 PM
H

Yeah, I'm exactly the same the last full pack I bought was Boston and that was a LOOOONG time ago! :D

I see what you did there.

tjdrico
06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
I find it interesting to hear the response regarding Ain't No Sunshine. This is an excellent opportunity to work on playing rhythmically and in the pocket on guitar. The other thing is double-stops. If I had a dime for every guitarist (of many playing levels) who say, "Brown Eyed Girl is too easy on guitar" and then when asked to play it, completely botch the intro, I'd be rich. Ain't No Sunshine is very similar in its understated guitar work. Outside of the song, one would roll back on the volume, choose a neck pickup and fingerpick lightly. You might find a new respect for this style of playing and some moving chords you can use when writing your own music.

All sounds good, but I play bass almost all the time so any comments I've made about that song are only in relation to the bass part.

I should play guitar more.

tjdrico
06-11-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm 57, and never heard of Roy Buchanan until RS, for which I am grateful. But you never heard of The James Gang? :confused: That's a bit surprising, but I guess you would have been a little tyke when they were filling the airwaves. I'm curious, did Funk #49 sound familiar once you heard it? Maybe this is another case of a band being big on one side of the pond, and not so much on the other.

I don't think it sounds familiar. Maybe I have heard it in the past, but certainly not something I'd have been able to name title or band.

It's not specifically an age thing, I reckon. Wikipedia tells me they were big in the early 70s, but I can name a lot of stuff from the 50s, 60s and 70s. So yeah, I think it's more likely to be local exposure, and whether they got radio airplay here. Seems they weren't big on releasing singles either, with 6 in total - and even Funk #49 only made it to No. 59 in the US chart (source: Wiki again, so caveats apply regarding accuracy). Maybe they never released a single in the UK at all.

Dmonster4
06-11-2014, 07:15 PM
I see what you did there.

What can I say? I'm a fan. :P

thealphajerk_
06-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't think it sounds familiar. Maybe I have heard it in the past, but certainly not something I'd have been able to name title or band.

It's not specifically an age thing, I reckon. Wikipedia tells me they were big in the early 70s, but I can name a lot of stuff from the 50s, 60s and 70s. So yeah, I think it's more likely to be local exposure, and whether they got radio airplay here. Seems they weren't big on releasing singles either, with 6 in total - and even Funk #49 only made it to No. 59 in the US chart (source: Wiki again, so caveats apply regarding accuracy). Maybe they never released a single in the UK at all.

is this what a canadian argument sounds like? :p

jellisjenius
06-11-2014, 07:20 PM
I have discovered what are now most of my favorite bands/artists just in the last 5 years or so. The emergence of music sharing sites like Pandora and social media like Last.fm and Spotify have exposed me to so much that I didn't know about before, and I'm really grateful for that. As Rock Band before it, RS can also be a surprising source of new favorites...I really dig Sweet Dreams and it has given me a new appreciation for a guitarist that I previously knew little to nothing about.

Dmonster4
06-11-2014, 07:21 PM

I'm 20 and I only know Funk #49 because of GTA IV. As did a lot of songs from GTA games, especially San Andreas. Rock Band and Singstar as well! And my parents' taste in music too!

That's not saying that I wouldn't have bought this pack if I hadn't heard of them. I buy DLC on what I hear and think will be good on guitar. Or if I like the song and in this case, I like all three.

But as you said it's not really age-related. :D

tjdrico
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I picked up on loads of new stuff through GH, and RB to a lesser extent.

And Quentin Tarantino films. :D

Moodyblues57
06-11-2014, 07:42 PM

No doubt that the information on singles is correct. But when I was in my early teens (early 1970s or so), AOR (Album Oriented Rock) was just getting huge, at least in the Chicago, IL USA area. So, if you went to the beach, for example, all of the teeny boppers (including the hot chicks :rolleyes:) were all listening to Top 40 AM radio, on which you'd never hear a song like Funk #49, or any song longer than 3 minutes, for that matter. We "cool" guys were listening to AOR, so we were familiar with bands like The James Gang, Ted Nugent and The Moody Blues, none of which had much of a presence on Top 40, and thus not many singles.

I find this study of international musical history fascinating. Thanks!

fredyellowone
06-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Well there is no way in hell I can play hanger 18 myself. I suck and I am just learning as well. My comment was more that is the chart isn't inspiring. The song sounds good but not because of the guitar. By all means it should be a great easy song to learn. I just dont know if I will ever be motivated to play it again after the two play throughs from yesterday.

We may be different then. I love guitar, but I love music even more. A great song with a slow guitar riff, or barely any guitar at all in it, will interest me more that an average or a bland song with an awesome guitar riff.

tjdrico
06-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I reckon my musical exposure has been heavily influenced by singles primarily; certainly in my youth. Radio airplay (Radio 1 in the UK) and Top of the Pops (TV chart show) would have been my primary sources.

There's a lot of stuff from that sort of era that passed me by, and to be honest that includes some very big names. I know almost nothing by Pink Floyd, for example, and I've previously said how I'd missed out on Rush until buying the RS DLC pack. Genesis prior to Abacab. Yes. Stuff like that.

The_Working_Man
06-11-2014, 08:49 PM
A great song with a slow guitar riff, or barely any guitar at all in it, will interest me more that an average or a bland song with an awesome guitar riff.

I can appreciate this as well. One of my issues with Session mode is that if I try to build a slow guitar groove with a lot of feeling, the rest of the bands wants to shut down. I wish the bass and drummer would just hold the beat and let me jump back in whenever the mood strikes me.

winemakermianba
06-11-2014, 09:16 PM
I can appreciate this as well. One of my issues with Session mode is that if I try to build a slow guitar groove with a lot of feeling, the rest of the bands wants to shut down. I wish the bass and drummer would just hold the beat and let me jump back in whenever the mood strikes me.

Even though this is off topic, I agree with you. There should be an option in session mode to have the drummer (or other instrument) set the rhythm, allowing the guitar player to follow.

(Edited for spelling !)

solidwhitemike
06-11-2014, 09:54 PM
We may be different then. I love guitar, but I love music even more. A great song with a slow guitar riff, or barely any guitar at all in it, will interest me more that an average or a bland song with an awesome guitar riff.

Yeah to each his own. But I do appreciate the song just not in the context of this game/tool. It is not that an awesome guitar part means everything to me. That's not it at all. For instance I got the REM pack and while I like REM, own a couple of their albums and have seen them live, I may not go back and play the songs again as they didn't really interest me much in the game if that makes any sense. Then there is a song like "Stuck on a wire" by Dear Hunters that I have no interest in buying outside the game but the song is just really fun to play IMO.

jluc1810
06-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Bill Withers "Is not No Sunshine" is not available on the psn store europe.
there are others who are not found as the black keys " Tighten Up"

kingratt
06-11-2014, 11:20 PM

I just turned 49 and somehow missed these guys so don't feel too bad :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdXh8eBcts

Oldmanjoe505
06-11-2014, 11:42 PM
I am only familiar with the James Gang tune. But I think I'll end up buying all three as I find them all interesting. That has always been my wish for Rocksmith is to introduce me to new interesting things. Top 40 is easy to find. So I must first and foremost say thank you. This glorious pack will keep me satisfied on the DLC for a couple of months.

tjdrico - do you ever get to see Later with Jools Holland? I used to get that before I changed satellite providers, and I found new music from that show. I wish I could still get that show.

SolidWhiteMike - As an REM fan, I only got two of the songs because I just didn't have interest in playing some of them. But I do enjoy losing my religion. I didn't realize how poor my playing was down on those frets, but it's an interesting riff.

Moodyblues57
06-12-2014, 12:58 AM
I just turned 49 and somehow missed these guys so don't feel too bad :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdXh8eBcts

Great tune!!!!! I saw Wishbone Ash about a thousand years ago, while I was in college. Their Live Dates LP is just outstanding. In fact, since no one else is home now, I'll turn off the computer and crank up Warrior right now. Then, as usual, some Gary Moore. Thanks for the mental nudge! Here's Warrior; it looks I followed you to the same Youtube page!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg6zqejXvqI

Live Dates (along with, of course, In A Gadda Da Vida :cool:) was among my must-have albums for my radio program as a DJ on the college radio station. I could cue up, say Warrior, do some lame intro, lock up the studio and go grab a beer, dinner or a co-ed (I keed!), and be back in plenty of time for the fade-out into some Frampton. Man, looking down the right side of that YouTube page is like looking at my album collection as a freshman in college, c. 1975. Humble Pie, UFO, Grand Funk Railroad, Wishbone Ash. Good times. I think...

MAng0r3
06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
Wow! I'll have sweet dreams in the coming weeks!! Great pack!

If i'm not mistaking Roy Buchanan was David Gilmour's favorite player.

elemenohpenc
06-12-2014, 04:47 AM
I'm 20 and I only know Funk #49 because of GTA IV. As did a lot of songs from GTA games, especially San Andreas. Rock Band and Singstar as well! And my parents' taste in music too!

That's not saying that I wouldn't have bought this pack if I hadn't heard of them. I buy DLC on what I hear and think will be good on guitar. Or if I like the song and in this case, I like all three.

But as you said it's not really age-related. :D

No doubt that the information on singles is correct. But when I was in my early teens (early 1970s or so), AOR (Album Oriented Rock) was just getting huge, at least in the Chicago, IL USA area. So, if you went to the beach, for example, all of the teeny boppers (including the hot chicks :rolleyes:) were all listening to Top 40 AM radio, on which you'd never hear a song like Funk #49, or any song longer than 3 minutes, for that matter. We "cool" guys were listening to AOR, so we were familiar with bands like The James Gang, Ted Nugent and The Moody Blues, none of which had much of a presence on Top 40, and thus not many singles.

I reckon my musical exposure has been heavily influenced by singles primarily; certainly in my youth. Radio airplay (Radio 1 in the UK) and Top of the Pops (TV chart show) would have been my primary sources.

I have something to add to this discussion.

I'm 29 years old. I am (i think) the missing gap in these age groups.

When I was a child I was influenced musically by a few strong sources: my parents (birth - 7).

Around 7 I started to venture out into what I wanted to listen to which was influenced mostly by my parents but a little bit of MTV/Radio so bands like Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Pearl Jam, Metallica and other big "early-90's bands" were incorporated to the mostly classic rock / country upbringing I had until that point. By age 10 (1995) I began playing guitar and my music appreciation came strictly from MTV/radio. This is around the time I started buying CDs for myself. The internet had started to become a part of my regular life but audio encoding hadn't reached a "dial-up friendly" format yet so downloading 10mb .wav CLIPS of songs was so cool to me. **** took a whole day to download and it might've just been the chorus to a Smashing Pumpkins song but, it was free and cool.

Around age 11, I started getting into metal and "punk rock" (thanks to a neighborhood friend who was a couple years older than me). My next big interests became KoRn and Pantera. I adored these bands and played their albums regularly. I was also a middle-school aged kid so, of course I listened to plenty of radio friendly alt. rock that came out around that time (Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Ben Folds Five and Jimmie's Chicken Shack all come to mind).

When I was 13, my life changed when my parents were going to buy a new computer. I recommended (AGGRESSIVELY) that they get a computer that had a CD-R/RW drive so I could burn music CDs. They actually listened to my pleas and got a CPU model higher than the one they intended on b/c it had the CD writer. Maybe 3-4 months of copying all my friends CDs (lots of metal and punk from my neighborhood friend and whatever anyone else would let me borrow for a day). A CD burner opened up my music world tremendously... then just before I turned 15, broadband internet hit my area.

Napster had already existed at this point so I had downloaded MP3s before but, never at the speed and volume broadband allowed for. After I got a cable modem, I went crazy with P2P sharing, FTP servers, mIRC, Usenet groups, etc. and would download practically anything that someone recommended about.

So from easily molded mid teenage years until say 2005 (20), I downloaded gigs upon gigs upon gigs of music. My own musical exploration has made me the musician and fan that I am today. I spend the majority of my free time listening to music, reading about bands and trying new things.

I think that I grew up in a unique time where radio and MTV had a strong impact but as I reached my influence-able years, mainstream media's relevance had faded and the internet had become THE place to discover music. As I got older and the internet's technology grew, so did my consumption habits. Now, I subscribe to Spotify and rarely pirate music. I keep an "end of the year" list going that starts Jan. 1st so I'm constantly exploring, finding and listening to music.

Of course in this instantly accessable world, trends come and go but any legit music fan will be grateful to hear even the worst song for free and then be happy to know that they don't have to listen to that again if they don't want to (unlike radio) because it was THEIR choice to check it out in the first place, not the choice of some radio station exec or MTV producer that's got his hand all in the recording industry's honey pot.

All of this said, I have heard all 3 of these singles before due to my own exploration. Aside from their bonus songs (or dlc from producers) and a few bands on RS1, I have heard every artist RS has had (on 2014 disc and any DLC from both games).

This is what upsets me so much when people bash a band or genre when DLC gets announced. I feel like they're living in their own bubble and not even TRYING to be open minded. They just think that because they've never heard of "insert name here" before that they won't like them... or even worse that the band isn't WORTHY of being liked because they aren't well-known. That's why when people ask "what's with the hate on 'so-and-so'" I respond with "sheer ignorance".

Unfortunately, this ignorance is a celebrated trait amongst the grazing masses ... and they bought this game too.

BazzTard61
06-12-2014, 06:32 AM
really looked forward to this pack

Funk#49 is great fun on bass, I don't even mind the drum 'solo' in the middle as I need the break hehe

haven't played Sweet Dreams yet.

but there ain't no 'ain't no sunshine' for the PS3 Eu, again.

The first time it happened it was Sony's fault, and the second, and third maybe, but now the fith and sixth times I feel are partly Ubisoft's fault too as they didn't make it clear to Sony that forgetting a pack is not acceptable as they release DLC every week and people budget for a weekly spend.

Okay,back to Joe and co

toymachinesh
06-12-2014, 09:31 AM
edit: singstar lol

Dmonster4
06-12-2014, 12:36 PM
edit: singstar lol

Hey, Singstar is a great game!

Moodyblues57
06-12-2014, 01:25 PM
And one of Gary Moore's favorites as well. I've been enamored of Moore's music lately, and read an article where he mentions Buchanan as having been a major influence. And Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac, as well.

Oldmanjoe505
06-12-2014, 04:09 PM
I have something to add to this discussion.

Unfortunately, this ignorance is a celebrated trait amongst the grazing masses ... and they bought this game too.

I'm not sure you added anything of value.

Sure if you dismiss it without giving it a shot, you may call that ignorance. But if I listen and don't like it that is just a difference of taste. Frankly I find it quite insulting when people say I should "open" my mind or views to include whatever. That's just BS and arrogant. Everybody has unique tastes, and that is just how life is. There are things I know I like, things that are important to me, and may not be to you, and that is OK. Sure I wish I liked everything, what a joyful proposition. But I know that lyrics are a secondary thing for me in music, and that a good melody or riff can make the song for me. I've sat through some critically acclaimed rap shows and found very little enjoyment of them. I know that does nothing for me, but it also works for lots of other people. When I was younger, I was all into metal, but today, I am not nearly as entertained by it. It's just not my thing. I am not ignorant, I just don't like it, and that should be OK.

I would think it would be insulting to say that if you like everything, you have no ability to differentiate and couldn't tell quality from crap. Nobody goes there, so maybe you should give a little thought to how you approach others with tastes that my not match your own.

BTW - you stealing lots of music from artists to expand your horizons does not impress, it's closer to illness. YMMV.

guitarman529
06-12-2014, 04:41 PM

Sure if you dismiss it without giving it a shot, you may call that ignorance. But if I listen and don't like it that is just a difference of taste. Frankly I find it quite insulting when people say I should "open" my mind or views to include whatever. That's just BS and arrogant. Everybody has unique tastes, and that is just how life is. There are things I know I like, things that are important to me, and may not be to you, and that is OK. Sure I wish I liked everything, what a joyful proposition. But I know that lyrics are a secondary thing for me in music, and that a good melody or riff can make the song for me. I've sat through some critically acclaimed rap shows and found very little enjoyment of them. I know that does nothing for me, but it also works for lots of other people. When I was younger, I was all into metal, but today, I am not nearly as entertained by it. It's just not my thing. I am not ignorant, I just don't like it, and that should be OK.

I would think it would be insulting to say that if you like everything, you have no ability to differentiate and couldn't tell quality from crap. Nobody goes there, so maybe you should give a little thought to how you approach others with tastes that my not match your own.

BTW - you stealing lots of music from artists to expand your horizons does not impress, it's closer to illness. YMMV.

I am with you 100%.

cungar1001
06-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Wasn't real thrilled with Ain't know Sunshine at first. All three parts are not real challenging. But I'm finding it's a great song to practice "feel" and lightening my touch. One of my biggest problems is my heavy handedness.

cungar1001
06-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Bill Withers "Is not No Sunshine" is not available on the psn store europe.
there are others who are not found as the black keys " Tighten Up"

It's "Ain't no Sunshine" bro.

elemenohpenc
06-12-2014, 05:05 PM

The conversation points that I quoted were about exposure to new music and how it's consumed. Each person represented an age group older than myself (except one who was 10 years younger). The couple people older than me most likely had reached their 20s or 30s before the internet became a factor in music distribution. The person 10 years younger than me probably doesn't remember a time without easily accessible music online.

My story was to show that at the age when most people discover their individual music tastes (that in many cases follow them throughout their life, that's why classic rock as a format exists and radio stations can specialize on nostalgia... "playing all the great hits of the 80s, 90s and today!" etc.) the entire way music was discovered shifted. As a kid in a rural area with little to do, a high speed internet connection and passion for music, I was insatiable. I'm not debating the slap-in-the-face that downloads became to artists.

Now with affordable subscription services, there's just no excuse to pirating unless it's something that never saw official release (demos, bootlegs, remixes, etc). Now, this is one of (if not) the primary form of music consumption. Spotify has surpassed 10 million paying subscribers! The paradigm might shift again very soon, the US government is reviewing licensing laws with ASCAAP and BMI in a digital world.

Sure if you dismiss it without giving it a shot, you may call that ignorance. But if I listen and don't like it that is just a difference of taste. Frankly I find it quite insulting when people say I should "open" my mind or views to include whatever.

Isn't that exactly what I said? I never said you had to like it... but at least don't dismiss it completely because you hear "it's metal" or "it's folk". Also, note that I'm talking about DLC for a video game... not music as a whole. This is about playing guitar and whether you believe it or not, there's something to be learned from every genre.

This is what upsets me so much when people bash a band or genre when DLC gets announced. I feel like they're living in their own bubble and not even TRYING to be open minded. They just think that because they've never heard of "insert name here" before that they won't like them... or even worse that the band isn't WORTHY of being liked because they aren't well-known. That's why when people ask "what's with the hate on 'so-and-so'" I respond with "sheer ignorance".

I think we're on the same page but you misinterpreted my little mini rant by thinking my story was leading up to me being an elitist sh!t talker. While they're related, my story was to share my "generation"s experience with music discovery. The rant was about at least trying new stuff, not forcing people to like anything.

I would think it would be insulting to say that if you like everything, you have no ability to differentiate and couldn't tell quality from crap. Nobody goes there, so maybe you should give a little thought to how you approach others with tastes that m[a]y not match your own.

Yeah, that would be insulting. Sure reads like you went there. Either way, I'm not offended... like I said, I think we're on the same page here. I'll chalk this up to miscommunication. :o

EDIT: I had to google YMMV to find out what it meant. I literally laughed out loud. All I could think of was The Little Rascal's movie from the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ONM6n7avA

Oldmanjoe505
06-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Cut the above for space ^^

Fair enough response.

I have heard the "open you mind" comment before, and if you don't like rap or country (just random examples) you shouldn't be looked at as ignorant. Maybe I'm not seeing something, but do people who don't know a band reject them without even hearing them? If you've never heard of 311, and give them a listen then say no way, you can surly comment that you'd never heard of them and are not interested. Right?

My feeling with the classic rock is that you are getting the best of the best with that. Very few people are clamoring for the one hit wonders of the 70's. People are longing for the bands that they still listen to 20 + years after release. I'm willing to bet that in the year 2040 people will not be asking for 311 or AFI or sum-41. But they will still be listening to Zeppelin. Some of the new music will have a long life, it won't come from pop-punk though.

RSDAVE
06-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Never heard this Buchanan song, but how can you pass on a Buchanan song???

jgrantham7
06-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Never heard this Buchanan song, but how can you pass on a Buchanan song???

I hadn't listened to much Roy Buchanan at all.
Not my usual genre.

But I'm having a ton of fun with Sweet Dreams today.
Great tune. Lot of fun to play.

The_Working_Man
06-12-2014, 09:44 PM
My feeling with the classic rock is that you are getting the best of the best with that. Very few people are clamoring for the one hit wonders of the 70's..

I like a lot of classic rock (age 44), but I think there's a little confirmation bias at work in this statement.

If I google "one hit wonders of the 70's" I get this wiki list which, for 1970 alone, shows such classic rock hits as "All Right Now", "Mississippi Queen", "Ride Captain Ride," and "In the Summertime." Great, popular songs which I still hear on classic rock stations.... but that doesn't make 70's hits any more magical or less "one hit wonder" than hits of other decades.

edit: and the list.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_1970s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_United_States

Moodyblues57
06-12-2014, 10:28 PM
And tomorrow, we get a hint for another DLC release. I'm back to looking forward to it again!

Oldmanjoe505
06-12-2014, 11:02 PM
I like a lot of classic rock (age 44), but I think there's a little confirmation bias at work in this statement.

If I google "one hit wonders of the 70's" I get this wiki list which, for 1970 alone, shows such classic rock hits as "All Right Now", "Mississippi Queen", "Ride Captain Ride," and "In the Summertime." Great, popular songs which I still hear on classic rock stations.... but that doesn't make 70's hits any more magical or less "one hit wonder" than hits of other decades.

edit: and the list.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_1970s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_United_States

Since I can't really say what people are requesting, yeah, I was kinda speaking out my donkey. Fair enough to call me on that.
The songs you quote are certainly DLC, so you are two for two. But my thought was that those were not typical of what I've heard people want. But that may just be my circle. I was thinking the "other" older content that we get is more typical of what people wanted with classic rock. The Who, Aerosmith, Kiss, Doors, Dylan - Way more than the occasional hit.

But you did make a fair point, I just wanted to clarify my thought.

elemenohpenc
06-13-2014, 04:18 AM
Fair enough response.

I have heard the "open you mind" comment before, and if you don't like rap or country (just random examples) you shouldn't be looked at as ignorant. Maybe I'm not seeing something, but do people who don't know a band reject them without even hearing them? If you've never heard of 311, and give them a listen then say no way, you can surly comment that you'd never heard of them and are not interested. Right?

My feeling with the classic rock is that you are getting the best of the best with that. Very few people are clamoring for the one hit wonders of the 70's. People are longing for the bands that they still listen to 20 + years after release. I'm willing to bet that in the year 2040 people will not be asking for 311 or AFI or sum-41. But they will still be listening to Zeppelin. Some of the new music will have a long life, it won't come from pop-punk though.

Ever seen the facebook comments? I guarantee you plenty of those comments are from people that just saw the announcement, see comments like "ugh, moar metal" or "why so much classic rock?!" and they just join the *****-fest.

Just to bring you up to speed though, 311 formed in 1988 so they've been around for over 25 years (first album was released in 1990). AFI formed in 1991 so they've been around for almost 25 years (first album was released in 1995 so almost 20 years). Sum 41 formed in 1996 so they've been around for a little under 20 years (first album was released in 1998).

Don't get me wrong, there will probably always be a higher demand for Zep than 311 and pop-punk bands. To say that people won't be interested after their mainstream popularity fades is very wrong. Even the youngest of those groups is quickly approaching their 20 year mark and they obviously still have some relevancy (at least in the marketplace).

BazzTard61
06-13-2014, 06:23 AM
when I say 'I never heard of this band' , that is all I am saying.

I am not saying 'this band is crap coz I haven't heard of them"

sometimes people assume one leads to the other.

I said I never heard of Sum41

I bought the pack

I like it

I said I never heard of AFi

I bought the pack

Didn't like all of it, oh well

PS I like 'ain't no sunshine' where is it?

toymachinesh
06-13-2014, 06:35 AM
I've never heard of Roy Buchanan, not going to lie.

jgrantham7
06-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Just to bring you up to speed though, 311 formed in 1988 so they've been around for over 25 years (first album was released in 1990). AFI formed in 1991 so they've been around for almost 25 years (first album was released in 1995 so almost 20 years). Sum 41 formed in 1996 so they've been around for a little under 20 years (first album was released in 1998).

Oh, so they're classic rock, then?
Glad we got that settled.
;)

Where's Dan's next clue?

flynlion
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM

Don't feel bad Toy, many people in The States have never heard of Big Sugar. (Disclaimer: This is NOT a DLC request :p )

solidwhitemike
06-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Don't feel bad Toy, many people in The States have never heard of Big Sugar. (Disclaimer: This is NOT a DLC request :p )

Lol. I forgot about those guys. Anyone using a double guitar is alright in my books.

Gold_Jim
06-13-2014, 03:25 PM

Roy was one of those "guitarist's guitarist" from the era. Much like Jaco Pastorius, he didn't receive much acclaim outside of the community. I was never a fan of his work, but I appreciated everything that he did and the influence he had on some of my favorite guitarist, like David Gilmour. What I find hopeful in this pack is that something as relatively obscure as Sweet Dreams was included, and that can give us hope to get more gems like this. Maybe some John5, Steve Vai, or even more Satch. This is akin to the Slash solo work that we got not long ago, and I hope we see more of that kind of thing as well. This gives us hope that we might see UFO, Uriah Heep, and other bands that didn't see the mainstream praise showered on groups like Def Leppard. To the team at RS, please keep up the great work in bringing songs like this, it's a breath of fresh air.

By no means, do I imply here that Toy is saying that this song choice was negative.

Oldmanjoe505
06-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Ever seen the facebook comments? I guarantee you plenty of those comments are from people that just saw the announcement, see comments like "ugh, moar metal" or "why so much classic rock?!" and they just join the *****-fest.

Don't get me wrong, there will probably always be a higher demand for Zep than 311 and pop-punk bands. To say that people won't be interested after their mainstream popularity fades is very wrong. Even the youngest of those groups is quickly approaching their 20 year mark and they obviously still have some relevancy (at least in the marketplace).

Well, I don't facebook, so I can't comment on that.

But as far as your 311 & AFI comments, I think we are just going to disagree. But that happens with a discussion board. Have a great day.

jellisjenius
06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Well, I don't facebook, so I can't comment on that.

But as far as your 311 & AFI comments, I think we are just going to disagree. But that happens with a discussion board. Have a great day.
What are you disagreeing with? Everything he said about those bands was factual or fact-based. I am not a fan of either band, but the following statements are not really disputable:

Both bands are > 20 years old, both peaked in terms of popularity at least 10 years ago, and both still have enough of a following to warrant their own DLC packs. We could cite numbers from YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, etc to support the last point, but it seems those numbers would mean little to you since you are not familiar with those media.

Oldmanjoe505
06-13-2014, 05:33 PM
What are you disagreeing with? Everything he said about those bands was factual or fact-based. I am not a fan of either band, but the following statements are not really disputable:

Both bands are > 20 years old, both peaked in terms of popularity at least 10 years ago, and both still have enough of a following to warrant their own DLC packs. We could cite numbers from YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, etc to support the last point, but it seems those numbers would mean little to you since you are not familiar with those media.

I'm not sure we are on the same page. I was stating that 311 and AFI are not going to be sought after in 20 + years like the classic rock bands such as Zeppelin, the Who and the Doors.

He says they are and I disagree. 311 and AFI sit with popularity closer to the B-52s. The B-52's have had a long carer with several radio hits. they still tour. they have had as much if not more success than 311 and AFI. The B-52s compare nicely to 311 and AFI as far as success goes, but they are no Zeppelin or Doors.

cungar1001
06-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Roy was one of those "guitarist's guitarist" from the era. Much like Jaco Pastorius, he didn't receive much acclaim outside of the community. I was never a fan of his work, but I appreciated everything that he did and the influence he had on some of my favorite guitarist, like David Gilmour. What I find hopeful in this pack is that something as relatively obscure as Sweet Dreams was included, and that can give us hope to get more gems like this. Maybe some John5, Steve Vai, or even more Satch. This is akin to the Slash solo work that we got not long ago, and I hope we see more of that kind of thing as well. This gives us hope that we might see UFO, Uriah Heep, and other bands that didn't see the mainstream praise showered on groups like Def Leppard. To the team at RS, please keep up the great work in bringing songs like this, it's a breath of fresh air.

By no means, do I imply here that Toy is saying that this song choice was negative.

I've always confused him with Roy Harper who of course is famous for singing "Have a Cigar" for Pink Floyd and being the inspiration for Hats Off to (Roy) Harper by Zeppelin.

zaxcv4321
06-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Oh, so they're classic rock, then?

So now that the "legendary" debate is over, we can move on to much more fruitful territory: the great "what is classic rock" debate.

Remember the rules, folks:
if you don't like the band in question, and they have been around for X number of years, then they are NOT classic rock.
If you DO like the band in question, then they ARE classic rock (regardless of any other qualifiers).:D

SquirrellyNinja
06-13-2014, 06:35 PM
when I say 'I never heard of this band' , that is all I am saying.

I am not saying 'this band is crap coz I haven't heard of them"

sometimes people assume one leads to the other.

I said I never heard of Sum41

I bought the pack

I like it

I said I never heard of AFi

I bought the pack

Didn't like all of it, oh well

PS I like 'ain't no sunshine' where is it?

We're aware of this error which is unfortunately more of the same issues plaguing SCEE as of late. Trying to push and inquire along our usual channels but like other times this is something that requires actions on their part.

jellisjenius
06-13-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure we are on the same page. I was stating that 311 and AFI are not going to be sought after in 20 + years like the classic rock bands such as Zeppelin, the Who and the Doors.

He says they are and I disagree. 311 and AFI sit with popularity closer to the B-52s. The B-52's have had a long carer with several radio hits. they still tour. they have had as much if not more success than 311 and AFI. The B-52s compare nicely to 311 and AFI as far as success goes, but they are no Zeppelin or Doors.
I haven't seen anyone claim that 311 and AFI will have the same shelf life as Led Zeppelin, The Who, or The Doors! That would be silly.

It seems to me that your general point is that "classic rock" is the safest DLC to ensure that most people are happy, because those are the songs that will stand the test of time. It's a fair point, except that your definition of "classic rock" seems to be very narrow. Of the three bands you mentioned, two already have RS DLC and the other is probably never going to allow their music to be licensed for a video game, unfortunately. What other '70s bands would you include in that category? Sabbath? AC/DC? Near impossible to license. KISS? Aerosmith? Already have DLC.

There can only be so many elite bands that have a long-lasting impact on rock music. Sure, it's great if we can get as much DLC as possible from those bands, but there is plenty of good music beyond that, past and present. I say bring on the B-52s of the world.

DanAmrich
06-13-2014, 07:00 PM
I have discovered what are now most of my favorite bands/artists just in the last 5 years or so. The emergence of music sharing sites like Pandora and social media like Last.fm and Spotify have exposed me to so much that I didn't know about before, and I'm really grateful for that. As Rock Band before it, RS can also be a surprising source of new favorites...I really dig Sweet Dreams and it has given me a new appreciation for a guitarist that I previously knew little to nothing about.

From our side, this is the best possible outcome. Heck, I found new music through GH and RB, and I was playing a friend's picks through Spotify yesterday. After five tracks of one of their favorite artists, I didn't really stick with it, but it was easy enough to give it a try while I was working on other stuff. But the new digital services make mixtapes super easy to try out -- and with none of the awkward "so what did you think" conversations a week later...

It's nice when you give someone a window into a new experience and they stick their head through to see what's out there. Of course, some people just see that same window and say "who left the window open?" :)

DanAmrich
06-13-2014, 07:08 PM

Amen. I think people make that leap too often. "Don't know" does not inherently mean "don't want." Might imply "don't care" because there's no awareness or emotional attachment to take it that far, but it doesn't mean "won't care," either.

flynlion
06-13-2014, 07:17 PM
So now that the "legendary" debate is over, we can move on to much more fruitful territory: the great "what is classic rock" debate.

if you don't like the band in question, and they have been around for X number of years, then they are NOT classic rock.
If you DO like the band in question, then they ARE classic rock (regardless of any other qualifiers).:D

My definition is somewhat different. To me "classic rock" means "any tune that was so played out in my youth that I still can't stand to hear it 35 years later" :p

jgrantham7
06-13-2014, 07:48 PM

Isn't there an intermediate stage where their songs are converted to elevator muzak?
:confused:

Gold_Jim
06-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Isn't there an intermediate stage where their songs are converted to elevator muzak?
:confused:

But they sent you away, Oh Mandy...
We've only just begun to live, white lace and promises...
Undercover angel, midnight fantasy, never had a dream that made sweet love to me...
Dream weaver, I believe you can get me through the night...

toymachinesh
06-13-2014, 09:09 PM

I'm also pleased with this out of nowhere pick. Also, I am waiting for "Doctor, Doctor" to come to a music game :)

Moodyblues57
06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm also pleased with this out of nowhere pick. Also, I am waiting for "Doctor, Doctor" to come to a music game :)

Agree with the above!

TheSpyGamer
06-14-2014, 02:58 AM
I'm a few days late to the party, but I just wanted to say thanks for this pack. The variety is pretty sweet. I'll probably pick it up in the future.

elemenohpenc
06-14-2014, 06:09 PM

I get what you're saying about the demand for their music 20 years later. But, I think if any of the bands you mentioned stayed together longer they would've lost steam just like 311/AFI/Sum 41/B-52's (by your inclusion). The fact of the matter is that these bands OUTLASTED their genre's mainstream boom in popularity. Zeppelin lasted only 12 years ('68-'80 when Bonham died) and in the '80s big stadium rock and hair metal took over... would they have gone the Kiss route and disenfranchised fans to stay relevant? we'll never know. The Doors lasted a mere 8 years! Who's to say how relevant their rootsy sound would've held up in the late '70s or the '80s (which is where they would've hit their 20 year mark)?

Once again, I get you're point. Not looking for an arguement... I just think you're viewing these bands through different scopes. The longevity of bands like 311/AFI/Sum 41 is undeniable... both their activity as well as their followings. Of course none of these bands are as big as they were when they were topping charts, but I don't know if Zep or The Doors would've been 20 years down the road either if they had continued on. All I'm sayin'.

as_uninvited
06-28-2014, 05:22 AM
Been playing the heck out of Funk #49 ... perhaps my favorite song of all in RS. Love it.

Doing some utbe searches introduced me to this cover..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gJ2dPOX5Io

Who doesn't love a chick with a guitar? She can flat out play. And just tonight following up more on her original stuff (search Samantha Fish - Black Wind Howlin) decided to buy tickets to an upcoming show! So thanks Ubi for introducing me to new artists!