Layytez
06-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Well gotdamn.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Already? xD *watches*

Subject J80
06-10-2014, 12:28 AM
I think Im going to cry. Pinch me. This is too ****ing good. I see it and I believe it.

DisbandedBox359
06-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Music sounds very reminiscent of Brian Tylers work on ACIV, wonder if he could be staying on

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:09 AM
I haven't even watched this yet haha, im guessing its good. Will update the OP as more parts appear/

Wolfmeister1010
06-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Anybody noticed how he had a different outfit on at one point? No robe part. Customization PLEASE.

It sucks because everything else looks AMAZING, but This is the first AC game where I actually hate the main character's outfit. Even adding those leather pads back on the shoulders would do WONDERS. He just looks like a blue velvet curtain from the back..

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Anybody noticed how he had a different outfit on at one point? No robe part. Customization PLEASE.

It sucks because everything else looks AMAZING, but This is the first AC game where I actually hate the main character's outfit. Even adding those leather pads back on the shoulders would do WONDERS. He just looks like a blue velvet curtain from the back..

Agreed. He looks unfinished :| the other 3 co op guys have more detail.

LatinaC09
06-10-2014, 01:19 AM
wow that was quick!

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 01:21 AM
Thanks for posting, I was looking for this :)

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 01:22 AM
Surprised to see Vince Pontbriand and Jade Raymond in the video. Last time we saw him was during Brotherhood's promos.

LieutenantRex
06-10-2014, 01:22 AM
Jade Raymond is freakin' stunning. They need her to represent all their games instead of aging hipster middle-aged men.

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 01:24 AM
Jade Raymond is freakin' stunning. They need her to represent all their games instead of aging hipster middle-aged men.

After what happened in AC1. I doubt she'll ever want to again.

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 01:31 AM
After what happened in AC1. I doubt she'll ever want to again.

What happened in AC1?

Saw a glimpse of a cutscene in there, which will probably get taken out.

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 01:40 AM
What happened in AC1?

Saw a glimpse of a cutscene in there, which will probably get taken out.

Jade Raymond was the face during AC1's promotion. Of course when you have a pretty face doing the marketing you should have expected a lot of rude, sexist, and perverted comments. A lot of immature people flooded gaming sites saying sexist and perverted comments to a point that someone made a sexual and dirty cartoon comic of Jade Raymond convincing a male to buy AC1. Since then it has been mostly the Creative Director doing the interviews and not a producer. The experience pretty much scared and creep her away. And LieutenantRex's comments kinda backs that up to some degree. No offense to him.

GreySkellig
06-10-2014, 01:51 AM
He just looks like a blue velvet curtain from the back..

Totally agreed. I am really excited by everything I've seen thus far...but every time I see that robe, it bugs me. A crossbelt, a red twill inset, literally anything to break up that waterfall of blue velvet. I'm hopeful we can change it ourselves though, since one of the "coming soon" sections on the official website is labeled "Deep Customization to Craft Your Own Master Assassin".

SixKeys
06-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Jade Raymond was the face during AC1's promotion. Of course when you have a pretty face doing the marketing you should have expected a lot of rude, sexist, and perverted comments. A lot of immature people flooded gaming sites saying sexist and perverted comments to a point that someone made a sexual and dirty cartoon comic of Jade Raymond convincing a male to buy AC1. Since then it has been mostly the Creative Director doing the interviews and not a producer. The experience pretty much scared and creep her away. And LieutenantRex's comments kinda backs that up to some degree. No offense to him.

^ All of this.

I-Like-Pie45
06-10-2014, 02:25 AM
well if she can't handle the lols she shouldn't be working in the industry

Wolfmeister1010
06-10-2014, 03:56 AM
Totally agreed. I am really excited by everything I've seen thus far...but every time I see that robe, it bugs me. A crossbelt, a red twill inset, literally anything to break up that waterfall of blue velvet. I'm hopeful we can change it ourselves though, since one of the "coming soon" sections on the official website is labeled "Deep Customization to Craft Your Own Master Assassin".

REALLY?????????????

YES

LinK?

GreySkellig
06-10-2014, 04:07 AM
LinK?

Just go to the main website and scroll down. Next to the animated guillotine are 4 featured sections. The third (and next to be revealed) is customization.

Seriously...as annoyed as people were that there were no holsters on Edward's front, how much worse will it be if this is the final iteration of the outfit? I mean, the front is gorgeously detailed. The back looks more bland than most NPC outifts--and it's his back that you're going to spend dozens of hours looking at.

Jexx21
06-10-2014, 04:13 AM
I think it looks fine.

Customization options anyway.

SixKeys
06-10-2014, 04:26 AM
Just go to the main website and scroll down. Next to the animated guillotine are 4 featured sections. The third (and next to be revealed) is customization.

Seriously...as annoyed as people were that there were no holster's on Edward's front, how much worse will it be if this is the final iteration of the outfit? I mean, the front is gorgeously detailed. The back is literally more bland than most NPC outifts--and it's his back that you're going to spend dozens of hours looking at.

Bland is perfect for blending in. It's about time we went back to non-attention-raising outfits.

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 07:57 AM

Apparently the statue comes with a code to download the outfit with leather shoulder pads.

Seriously...as annoyed as people were that there were no holsters on Edward's front, how much worse will it be if this is the final iteration of the outfit? I mean, the front is gorgeously detailed. The back looks more bland than most NPC outifts--and it's his back that you're going to spend dozens of hours looking at.

I mean... what else would you put there? I think it just looks bland to some people because there's no weapon there (although if you buy an axe or spear, that'll be on there).

I absolutely adore it, it's my favorite AC robe so far.

shobhit7777777
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Agree with Amancio and his approach...all about the systems and the important pillars.

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Agree with Amancio and his approach...all about the systems and the important pillars.

Yeah, I was not a fan of the guy back in the ACR days but now I haven't disagreed with a single thing he's said about what makes a good AC game...

GreySkellig
06-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Bland is perfect for blending in. It's about time we went back to non-attention-raising outfits.

I mean... what else would you put there? I think it just looks bland to some people because there's no weapon there (although if you buy an axe or spear, that'll be on there).

I absolutely adore it, it's my favorite AC robe so far.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part I really like the outfit. I've always had a problem with the gaudiness of AC's costumes, and I think this is the most historically plausible look yet. But I don't think adding red panel (like in the CG trailers, where there's a burgundy panel below the hood) would spoil the unobtrusiveness of the outfit, and it would certainly make it easier to look at.

Kirokill
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM
The outfit might need a bit of fabric pattern in the bottom.

m4r-k7
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't have a problem with the robes.

But for all of you who don't like it, it seems they are focusing tons of customization. In UbiBlog, it says customize your apparel, gear, abilities and skills. Says there is a skill tree for combat, stealth, and navigation. Thats incredible, finally some plausible and rewarding progression.

GreySkellig
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't have a problem with the robes.

But for all of you who don't like it, it seems they are focusing tons of customization. In UbiBlog, it says customize your apparel, gear, abilities and skills. Says there is a skill tree for combat, stealth, and navigation. Thats incredible, finally some plausible and rewarding progression.

Agreed. For that reason I'm not as worried about the outfit, because I may wind up tweaking it anyway. (Also I have always wanted a skill tree for AC, so yaaaaay Unity!)

This was posted elsewhere, but it's relevant to our current discussion:

https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10385310_512678175499763_5098340164008396082_n.jpg

Looks like a fair degree of outfit customization may be possible.

JustPlainQuirky
06-10-2014, 10:45 PM
This video is so inspiring.

I always love to hear about development.

Really want to get into that field but some parts in the 3d rendering intimidate me.

Ureh
06-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Hopefully it'll look much better when we're playing the game at home.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
..uhh.. what?

The game looks fantastic.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Agreed. For that reason I'm not as worried about the outfit, because I may wind up tweaking it anyway. (Also I have always wanted a skill tree for AC, so yaaaaay Unity!)

This was posted elsewhere, but it's relevant to our current discussion:

https://scontent-a-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10385310_512678175499763_5098340164008396082_n.jpg

Looks like a fair degree of outfit customization may be possible.

Not sure if I'd like it if all customization options affected gameplay, but hopefully this is just for the preorder bonus.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 12:40 AM
..uhh.. what?

The game looks fantastic.

I meant the robes. Cause the tailcoats look like plain curtains. Hopefully we can see more textures and embroidery.

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 12:50 AM
We can customize his robes anyway, I assume that's why his default robes are plain. With me as his fashion designer, Arno will look FAAABBBULOUSSS!

SolidSage
06-11-2014, 12:59 AM
I think the robes are the best yet. Simple, light and something good for blending.

Dude look lean and agile, no silly armor to interfere with the free running. Besides, ba's like me don't need none for combat anyway, I gots my dodges for that.
Love the plain blue...how I did it with Ezio in ACB. Limited armor, blue robes, lots of blood splashing.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 01:08 AM
You know that cutscene where two of the Assassins throw the marquis off the balcony? Do the scores determine which team members get to be in that cutscene (like accolades) or is it random? Can't wait to see how a combat approach plays out.

LieutenantRex
06-11-2014, 01:30 AM

First of all, ****weed, I didn't state it in a way suggesting that she should be in my kitchen making me a sandwich or that I'd 'tap' that. I was just giving her a freakin' compliment. Can't someone do that anymore without you liberal hipsters getting offended? Oversensitive ******bags...

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 01:36 AM
You know that cutscene where two of the Assassins throw the marquis off the balcony? Do the scores determine which team members get to be in that cutscene (like accolades) or is it random? Can't wait to see how a combat approach plays out.

I kind of think that cutscene was just for demo purposes. They talk about it a bit in the IGN "Making Of" featurette, and they imply that they just made it to establish the mood/theme of the game for the reveal. I don't even think there are "scores" per se, since it's supposed to be cooperative. I feel like having individual points would discourage people from acting as a team. That's sure as hell how it is with Wolfpack. "Teamwork" my arse.

rprkjj
06-11-2014, 01:38 AM
First of all, ****weed, I didn't state it in a way suggesting that she should be in my kitchen making me a sandwich or that I'd 'tap' that. I was just giving her a freakin' compliment. Can't someone do that anymore without you liberal hipsters getting offended? Oversensitive ******bags...

I think he was referring to your comment as proof that she might get extra and/or unwanted attention because she's an attractive woman, not calling you out as one of the people who made inappropriate comments.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Holy crap..I have wanted to customize individual parts of my outfit since...

Shahk..hug me.

rprkjj
06-11-2014, 01:40 AM
I kind of think that cutscene was just for demo purposes. They talk about it a bit in the IGN "Making Of" featurette, and they imply that they just made it to establish the mood/theme of the game for the reveal. I don't even think there are "scores" per se, since it's supposed to be cooperative. I feel like having individual points would discourage people from acting as a team. That's sure as hell how it is with Wolfpack. "Teamwork" my arse.

The few times I played wolf-pack we were actually able to pull of some sync kills, I usually don't get people who are just awful and run around everywhere.

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Holy crap..I have wanted to customize individual parts of my outfit since...

Shahk..hug me.

There, there...

Have some whiskey to calm you down.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Ohh it looks like Eagle vision has a cool down. nice. Good idea.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 01:43 AM
The few times I played wolf-pack we were actually able to pull of some sync kills, I usually don't get people who are just awful and run around everywhere.

Lol, I think I've only ever done maybe ten sync-kills in all the dozens of Wolfpack games I've played. Somebody always charges up and snags a garbage 100pt kill.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Hey someone link where it said that the statue has code to download the leather shoulder pad outfit?

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Hey someone link where it said that the statue has code to download the leather shoulder pad outfit?

This is the URL for the item at Ubi Shop, but for some damn reason it redirects me to the main page every time I open it

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ubi.com%2Fstore%2Fubiemea%2F de_DE%2Fpd%2FThemeID.8605700%2FproductID.305203200 %2FArno-The-Fearless-Assassin.html&ei=KKeXU7bYHJSjqAaQkoCIAQ&usg=AFQjCNE5GiXu3urKmvjMSObeAvIHtkGbXw&bvm=bv.68693194,d.b2k&cad=rja

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:54 AM
This is the URL for the item at Ubi Shop, but for some damn reason it redirects me to the main page every time I open it

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ubi.com%2Fstore%2Fubiemea%2F de_DE%2Fpd%2FThemeID.8605700%2FproductID.305203200 %2FArno-The-Fearless-Assassin.html&ei=KKeXU7bYHJSjqAaQkoCIAQ&usg=AFQjCNE5GiXu3urKmvjMSObeAvIHtkGbXw&bvm=bv.68693194,d.b2k&cad=rja

dammit me too lol.

Dome500
06-11-2014, 02:25 AM
I agree on almost everything Amancio said.

I mean it's basically what I wanted from AC since ACIII was released.

Less restrictive missions, urban environments, the assassin feeling (even including the brotherhood feeling with coop), Coop free roam and missions, "Blade in the crowd" social stealth improvements, Crouch button, more control over parkour.

It's all there, the interesting period, the huge landmarks, the assassin feeling, the freedom, hell even the MYSTERY atmosphere which I missed since AC1 (AC1 was UNIQUE in atmo).

I think they might just nail it this time. This would be a huge step.

EDIT: Also, I absolutely LOVE the Robes. Wanna know why? No weapons. Yeah sure he has weapons, but did you realize how subtle it is, how hidden they are, he really seems to blend in a lot, making him seem like both a peasant OR a nobleman, it's great.

I think the robes are the best yet. Simple, light and something good for blending.

Dude look lean and agile, no silly armor to interfere with the free running. Besides, ba's like me don't need none for combat anyway, I gots my dodges for that.
Love the plain blue...how I did it with Ezio in ACB. Limited armor, blue robes, lots of blood splashing.

As always Sage, you nailed it. I don't need any armor, all I need is a subtle outfit, small weapons and my badass stealth skills :cool:

Another thing which is also a welcome addition, they seem to add RPG elements. Sure, I don't want this to be a full RPG, but customization and abilities (to a degree) are amazing and I think in an open world game that only adds to the experience.

I think since Ubisoft Toronto is helping with the coop I think it will be more like Splinter Cells 4th Echelon missions in terms of rating, I think we might get team scores rather than individual ones.

Ohh it looks like Eagle vision has a cool down. nice. Good idea.

Agreed, makes it less overpowered while keeping it useful.

souNdwAve89
06-11-2014, 02:39 AM
Speaking of the Eagle Vision cool down. I don't know if Ubisoft will implement it, but I think it could also be used as a story device too. What if Arno's Eagle Vision ability isn't as strong as the other Assassins we have gotten to play? I think it would be a cool thing to do to make that new mechanic immersive.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 02:40 AM
To be fair, Connor wasn't forced to have that many weapons either.

You can go through AC3 with only a single pistol, the tomahawk, and your hidden blades.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 02:49 AM

It just says "Includes Additional digital content to to be used in Assassin's Creed Unity: 'The Fearless Assassin's outfit'".

Dome500
06-11-2014, 03:53 AM
I hope this time we can actually un-equip weapons and gear.
And I hope for a distraction tool with the same function as firecrackers (ACIV DLC) or Noisemakers (SCB).

dimbismp
10-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Anyone heard anything about the 3rd part?Supposedly,there are 2 other parts and there are only 3 weeks left.I hope that the next part will be out tomorrow,i cannot wait another week!!:mad:

Edit:Someone should update the first post

dimbismp
10-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Where is it?!?!?!?!?!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Any news?

SHADOWGARVIN
10-22-2014, 06:25 PM
No, it's ridiculous! It's been so long!

EscoBlades
10-22-2014, 06:30 PM
#Soon

See here. (https://twitter.com/caleblawson/status/522074788731568128)

LoyalACFan
10-22-2014, 06:58 PM
#Soon

"In the next few weeks," lel. In the next few weeks the game will be out.

Edit- though I guess that was posted over a week ago.

pacmanate
10-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Suspect next week then

dimbismp
10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
#Soon

"In the next few weeks," lel. In the next few weeks the game will be out.

Edit- though I guess that was posted over a week ago.
"In the next few weeks".Sigh....
As loyal said the game itself is out in a few weeks.And his response is ridiculous,even if it was posted over a week ago.This year,IGN totally F@@@ed up the making of videos.The other system got you much more hyped,as all the parts were uploaded in a span of weeks.I just hope the next part is out in the next few DAYS!

SHADOWGARVIN
10-22-2014, 07:12 PM
#Soon

That's great news!!

pacmanate
10-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah. IGN ****ed up. Cause its not like Ubisoft delayed the game or anything

dimbismp
10-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah. IGN ****ed up. Cause its not like Ubisoft delayed the game or anything
No,this has little to do with the delay.The first part was uploaded on june 10th or something and the other one around the 20nd of july.Supposedly,the 3rd part was going to be uploaded in early september.The delay was about 2 weeks,but the 3rd part seems to have been delayed about 2 months!
Also,the journalist,or whatever he is,said that he is "working on it".Jesus,is he working on it since july??Because the interview on which the series is based on was made in June,at the latest!
Last but not least,there are supposedly 4 parts in total and only 2 weeks left,excluding the current one and the week in which the game is out.Which means that IGN will upload one part each week,aka the "previous system".
Anyway,as i said IGN tried to change the old(successful) system and have failed IMO.

Wolfmeister1010
10-31-2014, 07:29 PM
HOLY ****

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/31/making-assassins-creed-unity-part-3-assassins-in-paris

IT EXISTS

SHADOWGARVIN
10-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Finally!! Thanks for posting the link!

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 07:57 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/giphy.gif

m4r-k7
10-31-2014, 08:07 PM
Only a bit of new gameplay in it :(

On a positive note, Paris looks stunning! Loving all the different sections of Paris, overall the city looks to be one of the best yet!

Sushiglutton
10-31-2014, 08:15 PM
Only a bit of new gameplay in it :(

On a positive note, Paris looks stunning! Loving all the different sections of Paris, overall the city looks to be one of the best yet!

One of the best? It's like ten times better than any previous city and most likely the best gaming city ever :)! Have been saying this for a long time, but Paris will be the star of the game (well that's what I believe anyway)! You guys are in for a treat!

Alphacos007
10-31-2014, 09:12 PM
"In the next episode" haha, I wonder when will that come out, maybe together with 2015's AC announce trailer?

Megas_Doux
10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
One of the best? It's like ten times better than any previous city and most likely the best gaming city ever :)! Have been saying this for a long time, but Paris will be the star of the game (well that's what I believe anyway)! You guys are in for a treat!

Exactly.

Paris is my reason to upgrade my PC in order to reach "ultra" levels....

Dome500
10-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Exactly.

Paris is my reason to upgrade my PC in order to reach "ultra" levels....

Good luck.
I think there might be about 2 or 3 potential rigs in the whole world that can max this game out going by the system requirements.

Megas_Doux
10-31-2014, 10:53 PM
Indeed, see how if fares. However, I might be up "high" only.....

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 01:08 PM

I say that because in my opinion AC 1 had the best setting. Paris could easily be the best though, but I havn't played the game yet. The 1:1 scale of buildings is really really awesome and the overall structures of the buildings are epic.