PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - E3 Gameplay and Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Locopells
06-09-2014, 12:23 PM
http://www.psnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/assassins-creed-unity-Banner.png

With E3 only a few hours away now, and in order to forestall multiple threads on the topic, this will be the place to discuss all AC Unity related content coming out of E3. Should Comet and/or Co-Op be confirmed, I'll create threads for them as well.

EDIT: Co-op confirmed - threads here:

Console (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889829-AC-Unity-Co-Op-Discussion-and-Friend-Recruitment-Thread)

PC (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889830-AC-Unity-Co-Op-Discussion-and-Friend-Recruitment-Thread)

Once Ubisoft's Media Briefing begins, I'll open this up for conversation. All Non-AC discussion, after that point, can continue here:

Official E3 2014 Thread [Use for all E3 talk!] (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/888336-Official-E3-2014-Thread-Use-for-all-E3-talk!)

EDIT: Way to catch us out Ubi! Opening now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P_s72dOKIk

EDIT: Ooh, lookie here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvy0KwFyqiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZiIfJbVO6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd_kQFT655w

Kirokill
06-09-2014, 06:25 PM
We better be able to customize our coop character and not see ourselves the protag all the time like watch dogs.

FourDea123
06-09-2014, 06:26 PM
why where the all english?

Radman500
06-09-2014, 06:27 PM
so Arno's last name is Valedictorian?

dimbismp
06-09-2014, 06:27 PM
so what happens if we want to play the game without any coop.i mean completely sp like the previous games...

D51-ClaudioACSy
06-09-2014, 06:30 PM
oH mY f....ING GOD !!!!

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Saw the Gameplay:

MIND = BLOWNNNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYYYY!!!

prince162010
06-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Saw the Gameplay:

MIND = BLOWNNNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYYYY!!!

Me toooooooooo hereeeeeeeeeee

Ureh
06-09-2014, 06:49 PM
That's the game I want! Yes! More! B)

:O :D :)

Locopells
06-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Found enough time to see it myself.

Holy cow.

Ureh
06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Man got goosebumps everywhere as soon as the music started playing and saw Paris for the first time.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Is it Co-op only?

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I very doubt it's co op only.

Locopells
06-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Highly unlikely, I should hope...

kosmoscreed
06-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Amazing, loved the gameplay and the animations, can't wait for Ubi Conference, I don't like the collectors edition, another ugly useless statue :(

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 07:32 PM
I watched this live in the conference and I'm pretty sure I heard the presenter refer to Arno as Victor. Also was 99% sure Arno's projectile was the hidden bolt but she called it a phantom blade.

Overall, this looks amazing. I wonder why it doesn't have a number. Also surprised they showed it at Microsoft's conference, I was assuming Ubi or Sony at least.

Ureh
06-09-2014, 07:34 PM
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/q71/s720x720/10365326_756443844387556_3385984954094974620_o.jpg

Possible Collector's Edition?

edit: Oopsies someone already posted this in another thread. Sorry about that! :P

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Lovely Animations
Clothing physics are great
Brilliant graphics
No recycled animations

Only thing I don't like - Arnos outfit.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Lovely Animations
Clothing physics are great
Brilliant graphics
No recycled animations

I wasn't crazy about it either, it doesn't work as well when he's slimmed down. Also I feel like there should be something on his back.

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Man got goosebumps everywhere as soon as the music started playing and saw Paris for the first time.

I just got in now... I can't believe I just saw the gameplay :D

Just awesome!!!

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Loved everything. Everything looks improved. Graphics are nice, coat physics, smoke in the air, improved parkour. The only thing I didn't like too much was the sword combat. New animations were cool though. I will see in the single player demo (which is being showed at Ubisofts conference). And no its definitely single player too, Ubisoft confirmed on twitter.

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 07:45 PM
The thing that stuck out to me the most was the combat animations. Some of the takedowns were badass and awesome. An example would be one of the Assassins taking down 2 guards. He starts off by doing a spinning kick on one guard and then spinning to stab the other guard.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 07:47 PM
I wasn't crazy about it either, it doesn't work as well when he's slimmed down. Also I feel like there should be something on his back.

Mm, there are many "versions" of Arno. I wonder if you can strip down his outfit and build it up as we see fit, like actually adding and removing pieces of "armor".

I'm not too sure about this, but does Arno have a running move similar to Aiden?

Ureh
06-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Yep, like they were trying to emulate Altair's robes... but it's missing a lot of extra stuff.

Then again... if he had a lot of weapons on his belt and back, people would probably start complaining about that too and how it would be unreleastic. :P

DSafrin
I wonder if coop is the new multi, or will they keep it as well?

There is slightly more info on ubi's website: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-multiplayer/

I really like how it is described now - that we need to acquire skills and everything in single player and then we can use it in coop. And that in coop we need to specialize! Love it.
I just really hope it'll be possible to play with a friend on one console - I mean, my friends and I have different platforms...

Also, this:
"Assassin’s Creed Unity’s co-op missions are highly replayable with randomized enemies, alternate paths, and various tactical options that can lead you to new challenges, encounters, and rewards.
Between co-op missions you can take to the streets with your friends to explore Paris from its steeples to its sewers."

m4r-k7
Mm, there are many "versions" of Arno. I wonder if you can strip down his outfit and build it up as we see fit, like actually adding and removing pieces of "armor".

I'm not too sure about this, but does Arno have a running move similar to Aiden?

Looks similar, especially now that you can properly crouch. Looks like a lot of emphasis on stealth which I like.

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Hmmm. I might be in the minority then because I like the outfit so far. I think it being barebone minimum is what I like about it.

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Looks similar, especially now that you can properly crouch. Looks like a lot of emphasis on stealth which I like.

I'm excited about that too.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 07:50 PM
oooooooh I get it. According to their website, the co-op is missions rather than a co-op campaign. We have the single player campaign and then seamless co-op missions. Dont think there is a co-op campaign

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 07:52 PM
oooooooh I get it. According to their website, the co-op is missions rather than a co-op campaign. We have the single player campaign and then seamless co-op missions. Dont think there is a co-op campaign

Fans were speculating it to be like Spinter Cell: Blacklist style

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 07:54 PM
OMG OGM HOLY CRAP

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/home/index.aspx

NEW PARKOUR, COMBAT, STEALTH
DEEP CUSTOMIZATION (NO WONDER HE HAS SO MANY OUTFITS)

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I think Arno has 1 hidden blade. When he first runs down those 2 guards, he pushes them both down but retracts his left hand and stabs the right guard in the neck.

Also Radman was right about that first statue not being Arno. The first statue that was leaked is wearing the same outfit as the co-op assassin to the far left on AC's home page.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 07:57 PM
I think Arno has 1 hidden blade. When he first runs down those 2 guards, he pushes them both down but retracts his left hand and stabs the right guard in the neck.

Would rather have 1 now if I'm totally honest

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Would rather have 1 now if I'm totally honest

It feels old school, in a good way.

ArabianFrost
06-09-2014, 08:02 PM
I watched the Ubi ome with commentary. It says there is lockpicking now and A LOT of paths, so non-linearity and different strategies FTW. I really love that.

I'm deeply disappointed in the combat though. It looks just the same. Maybe it's a visual similarity, but I'm holding out on pre-ordering until AI and Combat are actually proven to be different (which I'm guessing are not, cause typical AC development)

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I watched the Ubi ome with commentary. It says there is lockpicking now and A LOT of paths, so non-linearity and different strategies FTW. I really love that.

I'm deeply disappointed in the combat though. It looks just the same. Maybe it's a visual similarity, but I'm holding out on pre-ordering until AI and Combat are actually proven to be different (which I'm guessing are not, cause typical AC development)

There was lock picking before. Also that was a Co-Op level, so they may be designed as having many routes.

Combat doesn't look the same to me, Arno took a few hits so maybe the countering is harder now. Either that or they did that on purpose to decieve us. To me this looks amazing. I've not been this hyped for an AC game since, well, ever.

dimbismp
06-09-2014, 08:07 PM
i think i heard twice that catacombs will appear again !!!

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:09 PM
i think i heard twice that catacombs will appear again !!!

Yep, I hope there are multiple routes instead of being linear.

ArabianFrost
06-09-2014, 08:10 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-multiplayer/index.aspx

Have you guys read the coop info? Apparently, eagle sense can be "strengthened" throughout solo. That means either a skill tree is present or eagle sense changes as you go through thw story (hopefully the former). There is also a disguise ability which is cool, classes and randomized enemy positions so that it has replayability. Overall, this actually seems like a VERY solid addition and not just a tacky feature.

dimbismp
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM
so when the sp demo is going to be shown?

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
so when the sp demo is going to be shown?

Ubisoft Conference. Check the E3 thread for times and links

dimbismp
06-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Ubisoft Conference. Check the E3 thread for times and links
thanks

travilanche
06-09-2014, 08:19 PM
I am just a little confused. If you build your Assassin in single player, then jump into co op, won't that mean there will be 4 Arno's on the screen at once?

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I am just a little confused. If you build your Assassin in single player, then jump into co op, won't that mean there will be 4 Arno's on the screen at once?

It might do a Watch Dogs where you aways look like Aiden and everyone else looks like a randomly generated NPC.

Kirokill
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
It might do a Watch Dogs where you aways look like Aiden and everyone else looks like a randomly generated NPC.

Not like Watch dogs as we seen if the 4 perspectives. My guess is you join a coop session and choose a coop perk, that perk would give you the character model.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Not like Watch dogs as we seen if the 4 perspectives. My guess is you join a coop session and choose a coop perk, that perk would give you the character model.

Ah, so you think the customisation is per each character? Makes sense I guess.

V4lkyrieOne
06-09-2014, 08:54 PM
That Aweasome!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Radman500
06-09-2014, 09:07 PM
so is arno a pre-established chracter or is this create your own assassin?

is arno pre established or create a character?

SixKeys
06-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Okay....

Things I LIKE so far:

-Arno's robes (or whoever the character is), even though the cloth physics aren't quite as good as Connor's
-The sense of scale. Man, it's like for the first time I'm realizing how downscaled the previous games' cities have been. Everything looks so huge and grand.
-Interiors!!!
-Blending finally looks decent again. Still not as good as AC1, but damn, this is such an improvement over terrible circle antennae and monochrome spiderwebs.
-I like the sound of the co-op classes and abilities, sounds like there might be a lot of customization available.
-I like the almost animalistic way the character swoops down from buildings and other structures.

Things I DON'T like:

-AI does not look promising. At 3:50 the guard just stands there without detecting the assassin right behind him. At 1:30 Arno runs straight towards two guards and they just stand there and don't detect him until he's already knifed one in the face. Disappointing.
-I have a feeling the player was being bad on purpose to make it look like the combat has improved. It looks mostly the same, just faster. At least the enemies attack quicker and don't just stand around posturing. I won't trust it until I actually get my hands on the finished game, though.
-Why does he have Connor's animations? You can see it especially when he's sprinting at 0:51. Seems lazy.

I'm trying not to buy into the hype this time, and although there are definitely impressive things in the demo, the most important things - AI and combat - still do not look convincing to me.

Radman500
06-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Okay....

Things I LIKE so far:

-Arno's robes (or whoever the character is), even though the cloth physics aren't quite as good as Connor's
-The sense of scale. Man, it's like for the first time I'm realizing how downscaled the previous games' cities have been. Everything looks so huge and grand.
-Interiors!!!
-Blending finally looks decent again. Still not as good as AC1, but damn, this is such an improvement over terrible circle antennae and monochrome spiderwebs.
-I like the sound of the co-op classes and abilities, sounds like there might be a lot of customization available.
-I like the almost animalistic way the character swoops down from buildings and other structures.

Things I DON'T like:

-AI does not look promising. At 3:50 the guard just stands there without detecting the assassin right behind him. At 1:30 Arno runs straight towards two guards and they just stand there and don't detect him until he's already knifed one in the face. Disappointing.
-I have a feeling the player was being bad on purpose to make it look like the combat has improved. It looks mostly the same, just faster. At least the enemies attack quicker and don't just stand around posturing. I won't trust it until I actually get my hands on the finished game, though.
-Why does he have Connor's animations? You can see it especially when he's sprinting at 0:51. Seems lazy.

I'm trying not to buy into the hype this time, and although there are definitely impressive things in the demo, the most important things - AI and combat - still do not look convincing to me.
They confirmed his name is Arno Victidorian or something?

Hans684
06-09-2014, 09:17 PM
is arno pre established or create a character?

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-co-op-gameplay/

Assassin’s Creed Unity takes you back to Paris during the French Revolution – when the streets ran red with blood, heads were mounted on sticks as a form of protest, and the grounds were set for the modern era. Step into the robes of Arno Dorian, a young man who witnessed a horrible tragedy and turned to the Brotherhood to help him combat the corruption running rampant in France.

ArabianFrost
06-09-2014, 09:23 PM

Assassin’s Creed Unity takes you back to Paris during the French Revolution – when the streets ran red with blood, heads were mounted on sticks as a form of protest, and the grounds were set for the modern era. Step into the robes of Arno Dorian, a young man who witnessed a horrible tragedy and turned to the Brotherhood to help him combat the corruption running rampant in France.

Another revenge story, or is it just him watching a horrible event? Boohoo if it's another revenge story, yay if he's affected by a stranger's strategy and for the first time ever, EVER in an AC game, joins out of need to spread freedom, sort of like the recruits of ACB, but on the opposite side of things.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Okay....

Things I LIKE so far:
-Interiors!!!

Things I DON'T like:

-I have a feeling the player was being bad on purpose to make it look like the combat has improved.

Interiors is probably just for demo purposes, wouldnt buy into that at all.
I also think that the player was being bad on purpose

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-09-2014, 09:31 PM

So he technically never started off as an assassin to begin with.

And it sounds like a repeated Ezio story...

Sushiglutton
06-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Swinging by before I go to bed, I'm sooooooooo tired lol! Just focusing on the positives:

LOVED the indoor enviroments. This will add so much to the game for me. If this was the only addition I would actually be quite happy. The scale of the Luxembourg Palace and the detail and pure beauty of all the rooms (lighting!). Just roaming around places like this would be awesome. Especially given how you can exit and enter through various windows etc.

The assassin seems to be able to take cover behind low objects, which is a must for indoor stealth imo. Really nice!

Some cool parkour moves that looked fairly crazy. Curious to find out how much of that we can control. Interesting in the beginning how the assassin jumped to the ground so effortlessly.

Massive crowds and that does make a difference!

Co-op looked fun actually, maybe I can find some people here to play with :)

Combat was different as the healthbar is back to play a larger role. Curious to find out more! How will it work when fighting larger groups?

Anyway, straight to bed for me unfortunately, have fun with the rest of the conferences tonight (will watch them tomorrow ofc)!

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 09:38 PM

uh... or Connor?

Radman500
06-09-2014, 09:39 PM

it might have similar elements, but i doubt ubisoft would do a repeated approach

Ignacio_796
06-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Great gameplay!
BTW, will it be local (split screen), and online? or just online only?

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Great gameplay!
BTW, will it be local (split screen), and online? or just online only?

Wasnt announced I don't think

Hans684
06-09-2014, 09:50 PM

None is born an Assassin, they become an Assassin. Born in to the order or not they becomes an Assassin at some point.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-09-2014, 09:53 PM
None is born an Assassin, they become an Assassin. Born in to the order or not they becomes an Assassin at some point.

Well, what I meant was it's not an Altair story where he was technically born and raised into the Order. But all in all, I'm not complaining - I just hope the story is unique even if it sounds familiar.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Interiors is probably just for demo purposes, wouldnt buy into that at all.
I also think that the player was being bad on purpose

Really? I mean we didn't have random events in AC3 but I'm pretty sure the interior wasn't solely designed and created as intricately as presented just to flash it in a demo. Also the second Arno approached the guard, the guard started attacking. It makes sense that the player would fake being attacked but I'm not sure either way.

Gladiaattori1500
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
that's INSANE stuff.

Can you preorder the collectors edition already?

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Well, what I meant was it's not an Altair story where he was technically born and raised into the Order. But all in all, I'm not complaining - I just hope the story is unique even if it sounds familiar.

Well Ezio and Connor were both revenge stories. Edward and Altair are the only ones so far who didn't have a revenge agenda.

Hans684
06-09-2014, 09:59 PM

I know but I agree. Another revenge story would be a killer, in a bad way.

killzab
06-09-2014, 10:00 PM
I know but I agree. Another revenge story would be a killer, in a bad way.

Revenge stories can be very different you know

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Another revenge story, or is it just him watching a horrible event? Boohoo if it's another revenge story, yay if he's affected by a stranger's strategy and for the first time ever, EVER in an AC game, joins out of need to spread freedom, sort of like the recruits of ACB, but on the opposite side of things.

A revenge story is a revenge story, but that's a pretty broad template for what they could do with Arno. I actually doubt his tragedy will have something to do with a guillotine. I don't think Ubi is that predictable. Plus I think great characters matter more to a good AC story than the uniqueness of it.

AC4's story was unique for Assassins Creed, but I still think the experience of fully reliving the assassin's life is the best way to experience an AC story, if only they could give it the awesome dialogue in AC4. AC4 already had an advantage in that pirate talk is just awesome.

Radman500
06-09-2014, 10:14 PM
does anyone get a suspicion that the combat will be more focused on 1 vs 1 combat more so then fighting a group of guys

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 10:15 PM
After watching the demo again, when Arno fights the guard, it looks like he tries to parry the attack but the guard breaks through and stuns Arno. Then he attacks. It's also nice to see the guard actually have a health bar, as opposed to AC4 where if you pause between attacks and don't continue a chain then the guard can't die.

Edit: When the guard is pushing Arno back when he attacks him, Arno actually knocks chairs and debris down instead of clipping into stuff.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 10:18 PM
does anyone get a suspicion that the combat will be more focused on 1 vs 1 combat more so then fighting a group of guys

But then what happens if multiple enemies attack Arno? Since the guards attack as soon as they fully spot you I doubt it's like they attack you in turns and never all at once. Also I don't think combats so hard you have to flee at more than 1 guard.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 10:23 PM
From UbiBlog

"You’ll be able to pick and choose your gear and apparel, and you’ll be able to level up a set of skills to make Arno the Assassin you want him to be. All of these customizations will carry over into the co-op."

Really happy they are focusing on customization. Probably explain all the different outfits we have seen.

deskp
06-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Really happy they are focusing on customization. Probably explain all the different outfits we have seen.

Yeah the outfits in the gameplay demo does not match up with the randers of the characters at all(except arno)

With some tiny cahnges the teaser trailer outfit is used on that other assassin's render.

Reason for NO FEMALE ASSASSIN, is propably so they can use all the costumes etc across all the coop characters.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 10:32 PM
From UbiBlog

"You’ll be able to pick and choose your gear and apparel, and you’ll be able to level up a set of skills to make Arno the Assassin you want him to be. All of these customizations will carry over into the co-op."

This makes me think of skill trees. This also makes me think the co-op characters could all just be Arno with different gear.

oliacr
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Not bad, but it still looks a bit raw to me. The free-run or parkour animations are not polished. I know it will be better. Anyways its a lot better at first look than I expected. Looking forward to the singleplayer one and the cinematic as well.

Radman500
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
This makes me think of skill trees. This also makes me think the co-op characters could all just be Arno with different gear.
i think whoever is hosting the game will be Arno and the people who join the game will obtain the skill they have in single player but they will be a different character model

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Not bad, but it still looks a bit raw to me. The free-run or parkour animations are not polished. I know it will be better. Anyways its a lot better at first look than I expected. Looking forward to the singleplayer one and the cinematic as well.

AC has never had, "polished," freerunning, in practice or appearance. The freerunning in the demo looks better than AC4 freerunning, in my opinion.

frodrigues55
06-09-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm a bit worried at my lack of excitment, but maybe it's because this is just the Coop video and I hate multiplayer/online. I wonder if the CoOp missions (which thankfully seem separated from the main plot) will also be playable solo.

I will be holding my judgment until I see the SP presentation. It seems Arno is indeed the main character alone, which I hope it is so his story can be properly developed.

So far, if I take out the multiplayer elements, I'm afraid nothing has really grabbed my attention.

The movements look really cool, the enviroment is amazing as always and that palace looks incredible. The details also look top notch and I loooooved the blood spilling. I am probably one of the very few people that also likes Arno's clothing. It looks elegant and easier to blend, not fully armed or out of place.

However - I think looking past the obvious scripted moments (I doubt that guard checking out the lady is actual gameplay and I can see how choppy that room invasion will look at the final version, if it makes through at all), all the flaws seem to still be there. Combat looks the same with the bad animations from AC4. Crow reaction and AI still look very immersion breaking, I can already see the people running, stopping, changing direction, and then running again over and over.

I hope the more I see, the more I love.

The first rumor that sugested Unity also said the series was going through a major overhaul - but apart from the usual improvements and unique features, I don't see it.

LatinaC09
06-09-2014, 11:52 PM
From what I've seen so far the game looks amazing! I've always wanted an AC co-op campaign :)

Ignacio_796
06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Nothing about comet :(??

Locopells
06-10-2014, 12:08 AM
See the OP, for more videos!

RinoTheBouncer
06-10-2014, 12:23 AM
I’m still wondering about the Single Player campaign. Will all 4 characters be selectable from the get-go or will Arno be our guy and the others will either be absent completely or present and controlled by an A.I. unless we want friends to join? The gameplay graphics look amazing and I hope they don’t downgrade them because they’re perfect the way they are. I hope it’s 1080p/60fps and I hope we’ll get to see more.

Locopells
06-10-2014, 12:27 AM
I am hoping we can play the missions on our own, if the mood takes, much like some of SC:Blacklist's ones.

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 12:30 AM
As a black woman I'm offended by the all white male cast. 2014 and we're still so far behind in our attitudes towards minorities and women.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
As a black woman I'm offended by the all white male cast. 2014 and we're still so far behind in our attitudes towards minorities and women.

the game takes place in 18th century France.

MasterAssasin84
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Ive literally just watched the New gameplay footage of Assassins Creed Unity and I was awed by the whole experience !

It seems our plight for a completely new and reinvented Assassins Creed has not called on deaf ears.

The New features are awesome .

The new decent feature is looking fantastic and can provide some real tactical opportunity to the player without the luxury of haystack which in turn adds the element of challenge .

Eagle Pulse - finally a completely new eagle vision which I feel would the benefit of character progression during the game as the commentary clearly stated that Eagle vision is upgraded the further you progress, I feel that this an interesting concept to the sense as it gives the player the feeling that Arno's Assassin Training and progression is collaborative with the story and game progression.

Stealth Mode - Better late than never as we have seen cover to cover in Splinter Cell blacklist but hey a cool new feature for the Assassin.

The power of choice - I briefly touched on this during a thread about Assassination contracts , what if our choices effect the gameplay in someway and the out come of a mission in an interesting way ? I remember seeing something similar in Splinter Cell double agent ( Not quite the same thing ) but to really make the player accountable for their actions .

Well done Ubisoft I am really excited for this one .

Oh for the record anyone wondering who the vocalist behind the Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVA6sgOpws

Bojanglesz
06-10-2014, 12:34 AM

I got the impression that all 4 characters are actually Arno, just customized differently to fit different players preferred style of play.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 12:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gypgS8Y9fgs&list=UUWIstp5bH4vsGQmz4mRzcZg

Intro video to Arno Dorian :D

of both French and Austrian heritage

he is said to be deadlier, more skilled then any of the previous assassins we had before him

BlakJakXXI
06-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Well the gameplay doesn't seem too bad to me so far, and the co-op sounds like a neat addition along with customizing your assassin. It'd be nice if you could have local co-op, but I won't get my hopes up too high for that. I'm curious to see more.

MasterAssasin84
06-10-2014, 12:39 AM

Not to add that during those times attitudes towards woman was extremely second rate citizen !

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Looks like we gotta wait for the Sony conference for Comet I suppose.

Had to lol at this XD

http://37.media.tumblr.com/df0c4dc944c5616e39accc53242935f9/tumblr_n6xbht4N3C1snu1cbo1_1280.jpg

joose_2
06-10-2014, 12:47 AM
A breakdown of my thoughts about all the new AC Unity gameplay

Pros (IMO)

- More fluid movements with a small amount of fun flashiness, e.g. when Arno jumps down and does a little half spin in the process
- Improved parkour from the looks of things
- Brutal, efficient kills like assassinations should be
- Cool looking single and double kills
- New melee weapons in co-op mode and hopefully single player (axe and spear)
- Sh** ton of NPCs (see con)
- Different outfits FINALLY
- Crouching/improved stealth
- Very detailed, awesome looking graphics on X1, I'm sure PS4 will look just as good
- Health bars for enemies

Cons (IMO)

- Phantom Blade: ugh the blowpipe really screwed up AC4 in a lot of ways so I'm really hoping the phantom blade doesn't do the same to Unity
- NPC movement looks basic and unrefined, I'd rather there be fewer NPCs with solid, varying, and dynamic movements (seriously, no one in the crowd notices the cloaked, hooded dude acting differently than everyone else)
- Combat doesn't look to have had the huge makeover it needs, it still looks easy and one-sided; they need to take a page in the book of the Batman Arkham City/Asylum/etc so that we actually have a challenge

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 12:49 AM

Tell that to Aveline.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Tell that to Aveline.

liberation took place in new orleans where there was an obvious racial element to it..

this takes place in paris at the time of the revolution when there was hardly any people of color there besides a extreme few.....

joose_2
06-10-2014, 12:55 AM

It's possible to see it, not like it, and not take it as a personal offense. I want a female assassin as much as the next person but we aren't going to get it by being offended by the presence of male characters.

Locopells
06-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Finally found a moment to see the new stuff myself.

Ho-ly COW...again!

MasterAssasin84
06-10-2014, 12:59 AM
One thing that really sticks out to me in Unity is the Reinvented Eagle Vision,

I love the idea that its a progression element rather than the sense being an instantaneous ability, it gives the feel that Arno is constantly cultivating these senses throughout the game which also addresses the fact that he joined the Assassins because he suffered a loss.

I think this also re affirms Captain Kidds explanation during black flag that every man and woman has possesses a natural instinct that some connect to this ability instantly and others need to cultivate this over time.

joose_2
06-10-2014, 01:01 AM

I love the idea that its a progression element rather than the sense being an instantaneous ability,.

Where did you see this?

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:01 AM

I love the idea that its a progression element rather than the sense being an instantaneous ability, it gives the feel that Arno is constantly cultivating these senses throughout the game which also addresses the fact that he joined the Assassins because he suffered a loss.

I think this also re affirms Captain Kidds explanation during black flag that every man and woman has possesses a natural instinct that some connect to this ability instantly and others need to cultivate this over time.

progression?

deskp
06-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Where is that Fan kit we were suppsoed to get when we signed up for the countdown?

The countdown thing was also suppseod to remind us when the ubisoft confrence staretd, I didnt get an email or anything!

MasterAssasin84
06-10-2014, 01:03 AM
progression?

If you listen to the commentary during the single player demo the creative director states that the Eagle pulse improves over the course of the game and the further you get the Eagle pulse senses get stronger .

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 01:29 AM
A breakdown of my thoughts about all the new AC Unity gameplay

Pros (IMO)

- More fluid movements with a small amount of fun flashiness, e.g. when Arno jumps down and does a little half spin in the process
- Improved parkour from the looks of things
- Brutal, efficient kills like assassinations should be
- Cool looking single and double kills
- New melee weapons in co-op mode and hopefully single player (axe and spear)
- Sh** ton of NPCs (see con)
- Different outfits FINALLY
- Crouching/improved stealth
- Very detailed, awesome looking graphics on X1, I'm sure PS4 will look just as good
- Health bars for enemies

Cons (IMO)

- Phantom Blade: ugh the blowpipe really screwed up AC4 in a lot of ways so I'm really hoping the phantom blade doesn't do the same to Unity
- NPC movement looks basic and unrefined, I'd rather there be fewer NPCs with solid, varying, and dynamic movements (seriously, no one in the crowd notices the cloaked, hooded dude acting differently than everyone else)
- Combat doesn't look to have had the huge makeover it needs, it still looks easy and one-sided; they need to take a page in the book of the Batman Arkham City/Asylum/etc so that we actually have a challenge

About the crowd not reacting, I'm pretty sure they would have to rework their mission design to have meaningful change in that department. Or they could just make every citizen standing in a crowd turn to the walking hooded man and go, "WTF?" which I wouldn't really care for.

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 01:33 AM
liberation took place in new orleans where there was an obvious racial element to it..

this takes place in paris at the time of the revolution when there was hardly any people of color there besides a extreme few.....

Yes, and I'm saying they could have easily have focused on those "extreme few". We can buy all the crazy, exaggerated parkour these assassins do but put a person of colour as one of the 4 protagonist then suddenly people are talking about "realism". It reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16sKK-1oLQ

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 01:36 AM
The crowd one can be tricky. Have you ever been to a concert? Do you honestly pay attention 100% around you while a musician is performing? Sometimes, maybe, but I think the crowd looks okay so far. This is during an intense revolution, and the scenery of someone getting killed is probably a norm at that point, but of course we saw the crowd reacting such as at the end of the demo. It would depend on the situation you place Arno in.

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 01:40 AM
Yes, and I'm saying they could have easily have focused on those "extreme few". We can buy all the crazy, exaggerated parkour these assassins do but put a person of colour as one of the 4 protagonist then suddenly people are talking about "realism". It reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16sKK-1oLQ

They could have added a woman or a colored person. But they didn't. We've already discussed this in a thread that was actually about this topic, so let's not start again in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, the only thing that I didn't quite like in the demos were that the combat didn't seem as different as I would have liked. I pretty much loved everything else though. Also, I don't even like Lorde, but her song over the CG trailer was kinda awesome.

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 01:44 AM
It's possible to see it, not like it, and not take it as a personal offense. I want a female assassin as much as the next person but we aren't going to get it by being offended by the presence of male characters.

I'm not offended by the "presence of male characters". I'm offended by the lack of female and/or ethnic minorities ones.
People keep using the time period as an excuse - what about Watchdogs, Far Cry and the many modern based games that always seem to focus on white male protagonists? It's so boring.

Even in the last game Black Flag Adewale was by far the more interesting character and unlike Edward was actually an assassin but he's reduced to a single DLC.
I'm sick of it. I'm tired of gaming companies acting as if my social groups doesn't exist or like we're not human. I have half the mind to write a letter of complaint.

They could have added a woman or a colored person. But they didn't. We've already discussed this in a thread that was actually about this topic, so let's not start again in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

You will not censor me. I will express my thoughts if I feel my social group is being treated poorly in the media.

Locopells
06-10-2014, 01:46 AM

Thank you. For all the validity of the issues, this has the potential to turn nasty. Not something anyone wants in the middle of E3.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 01:49 AM
I'm not offended by the "presence of male characters". I'm offended by the lack of female and/or ethnic minorities ones.
People keep using the time period as an excuse - what about Watchdogs, Far Cry and the many modern based games that always seem to focus on white male protagonists? It's so boring.

Even in the last game Black Flag Adewale was by far the more interesting character and unlike Edward was actually an assassin but he's reduced to a single DLC.
I'm sick of it. I'm tired of gaming companies acting as if my social groups doesn't exist or like we're not human. I have half the mind to write a letter of complaint.

You will not censor me. I will express my thoughts if I feel my social group is being treated poorly in the media.

yes the "extreme few" is why they stare away from it, it would seem really forced to play as a black character during the french revolution

ze_topazio
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/910sqZf1BgL.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/91RRLtKHNFL.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/91ZVjfQpyRL.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_AssassinatingExecutioner_E3_140609_4pmP ST_1402143751.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_AssassinsUnited_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214 3754.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_BallroomStealth_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214 3759.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_CombatSword_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143761 .jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_HallwayAssault_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143 769.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_ParisRooftop_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214377 0.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_VistaNotreDame_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143 772.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1

JustPlainQuirky
Pros:

-blood splatters on walls and stay there
-catacombs traversable
-can hop into buildings via window with ease
-revamped combat. Killing an individual is more challenging

Cons:

-Arno "charismatic." Possible Ezio 2.0
-No sign of unity between templars and assassins. Seems one sided once more.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 01:50 AM
im all for diversity, but im also all for historical context.....

if this game took place in 2014 new york then i can see you complaining about lack of diversity

but a game taking place in 1700s france....... then i just can't

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 01:52 AM

The only thing I was doing was telling you why you shouldn't, citing the time and place. Do whatever you like.

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Thank you. For all the validity of the issues, this has the potential to turn nasty. Not something anyone wants in the middle of E3.

It is part of the E3. The characters and the way they look is part of the game so I don't know why you're defining the rules about what we're allowed to discuss about the game or not. The game play is excellent - stealth seems better than ever, the graphics are amazing, the world is lively and THERE ARE NO FEMALE OR ETHNIC MINORITIES. I will shout that to the high heavens until people remember that and feel my rage.

There are too many gamers who like to turn off their IQ and look at all the pretty pictures rather than consider the impact it has on how we communicate with other social groups in real life. Our inability to comprehend people of colour and women represented as human characters is part of a larger social issue we have with women and ethnic minorities in general.

JustPlainQuirky
06-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Did people really start a debate about females and minorites in AC again? Smh.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 01:55 AM
It is part of the E3. The characters and the way they look is part of the game so I don't know why you're defining the rules about what we're allowed to discuss about the game or not. The game play is excellent - stealth seems better than ever, the graphics are amazing, the world is lively and THERE ARE NO FEMALE OR ETHNIC MINORITIES. I will shout that to the high heavens until people remember that and feel my rage.

There are too many gamers who like to turn off their IQ and look at all the pretty pictures rather than consider the impact it has on how we communicate with other social groups in real life. Our inability to comprehend people of colour and women represented as human characters is part of a larger social issue we have with women and ethnic minorities in general.

because its 18th century freaking France, there was hardly any minorities there

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 01:58 AM
EmptyCrustacean, believes that 18th century France was really diveresed and that there was people of color just walking around everywhere...lol

Don't you dare try and belittle my intelligence. You're trying to apply realism when it comes to race to a game that is largely unrealistic overall.
NEWSFLASH: there's no such thing as the animus and Ezio Auditore had no part in bringing down the Borgia family. Trust me.

yes the "extreme few" is why they stare away from it, it would seem really forced to play as a black character during the french revolution

See above.

Locopells
06-10-2014, 02:00 AM
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/910sqZf1BgL.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/91RRLtKHNFL.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/91ZVjfQpyRL.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_AssassinatingExecutioner_E3_140609_4pmP ST_1402143751.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_AssassinsUnited_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214 3754.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_BallroomStealth_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214 3759.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_CombatSword_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143761 .jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_HallwayAssault_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143 769.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_ParisRooftop_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214377 0.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/4/3/5/0/ACU_Screen_VistaNotreDame_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143 772.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1

Nice!

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 02:02 AM
Did people really start a debate about females and minorites in AC again? Smh.

Yep, and I'm going to bring it up whenever white males on this forum try to tell people of colour and women to shut up and take it.
Women make up almost half of gamers and people all over the world from a multitude of ethnic backgrounds play video games. It's time for us to stand up and be recognised as part of the human race.

Ubisoft couldn't even be bothered to give the protagonist a French accent and you guys are harping on about realism lol
Isn't it funny how selective we are when trying to apply real world standards to the game? Very convenient, indeed.

Pros:

-blood splatters on walls and stay there
-catacombs traversable
-can hop into buildings via window with ease
-revamped combat. Killing an individual is more challenging

Cons:

-Arno "charismatic." Possible Ezio 2.0
-No sign of unity between templars and assassins. Seems one sided once more.
NO FRENCH ACCENT.
NOT ONE BLACK OR FEMALE CHARACTER.

Fixed that for you.

Locopells
06-10-2014, 02:05 AM
The accent thing is actually being discussed in other threads...

Radman500
06-10-2014, 02:06 AM
Yep, and I'm going to bring it up whenever white males on this forum try to tell people of colour and women to shut up and take it.
Women make up almost half of gamers and people all over the world from a multitude of ethnic backgrounds play video games. It's time for us to stand up and be recognised as part of the human race.

Ubisoft couldn't even be bothered to give the protagonist a French accent and you guys are harping on about realism lol
Isn't it funny how selective we are when trying to apply real world standards to the game? Very convenient, indeed.

the french accent can be explained through the fact the animus has a translation program.....

a black french assassin main protagonist, would have to unavoidably deal with raical issues, and thats something Ubisoft didn't want to go down that route again since they already did it for liberation, freedom cry and even ac3 a little bit...

the french revolution wasn't about race....

the fact is a black protagonist in 18th century france would be forced,

a white character makes much more logical sense in that context... since it takes place in france

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 02:08 AM

You don't know any of our races or genders. No ones telling you to shut up, take it, or both. You're the one being racist. You're also being annoying and off-topic.

JustPlainQuirky
@empty

I'm sorry but as a woman and as a minority I have no interest in 'taking a stand.'

It's the game designer's choice. Subconsious choice. Having a problem with it is discrimination in itself.

Radman500
im implying from emptycrustacean that she believes 18th century france was some melting pot of diversity and that people of color were just walking around that time and place....lol

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 02:15 AM
the french accent can be explained through the fact the animus has a translation program.....

a black french assassin main protagonist, would have to unavoidably deal with raical issues, and thats something Ubisoft didn't want to go down that route again since they already did it for liberation, freedom cry and even ac3 a little bit...

Oh please. They did it on a DLC that most people wouldn't have even bought. It's time to bring it to the forefront. They totally glossed over the white people's treatment of Native Americans in AC3 and made the British look evil and Americans look heroic even after they slaughtered and raped their lands.

the french revolution wasn't about race....

the fact is a black protagonist in 18th century france would be forced,

a white character makes much more logical sense in that context... since it takes place in france

You have selective realism and you seem to apply it only when it comes to race. By your logic these assassins shouldn't have even existed since that never happened either. AC twists history all the time. I don't see why they can''t do the same to accommodate person of colour.

Locopells
06-10-2014, 02:17 AM
OK, Rad, empty, enough. Equality is a serious issue, which is why I've let this run, but long story short, you're both creating unnecessary tension.

You've both made your points, so drop it, and don't make me have to infract someone...

Radman500
06-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Oh please. They did it on a DLC that most people wouldn't have even bought. It's time to bring it to the forefront. They totally glossed over the white people's treatment of Native Americans in AC3 and made the British look evil and Americans look heroic even after they slaughtered and raped their lands.

You have selective realism and you seem to apply it only when it comes to race. By your logic these assassins shouldn't have even existed since that never happened either. AC twists history all the time. I don't see why they can''t do the same to accommodate person of colour.
a game about the french revolution has nothing to do with race since most participants where white frenchman, it would be a stupid thing to bring racial aspects to a time period like this....

i think you need to read the history books on the French Revolution, cause you obviously know nothing about it

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 02:19 AM
The Good

-The new free running/parkour system
-The lighting and graphics are amazing
-Whole city and its buildings look well crafted and beautiful
- The NCP's seem have taken a step up
- World seems full of things to do
- Some of Arno's moves in combat and parkour look amazing, fluid and fresh.
-Fighting guards seems somewhat harder
-The cutscenes and cinematics are amazing you can see every detail and texture in the face and body.
-I have been waiting for a long time to play AC Co op free roam with my friends and the aspect of co op has me excited.
- Finally a crouching and cover system

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-09-2014/zAq45w.gif

http://oi61.tinypic.com/29lyzr5.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/1zbcdag.jpg

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-09-2014/I04y3W.gif

What I am wary of

-Will hunting animals or snowy weather systems make a return? What about the forests and jungles and the tree running?
-Why didn't they just hire Edwards voice actor for Arnauld because he sounds just like him, at the moment not too sure what to think of Arnauld's character.
-The Guards look interesting and some of the new archetypes look pretty good but i think they still look not too much different from previous games.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-09-2014/SU7EGA.gif

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 02:20 AM
im implying from emptycrustacean that she believes 18th century france was some melting pot of diversity and that people of color were just walking around that time and place....lol

You have an agenda and that's to preserve the white male at the front, back and centre of everything. That's clear to me now.

You don't know any of our races or genders. No ones telling you to shut up, take it, or both. You're the one being racist. You're also being annoying and off-topic.

It's totally on topic and the only people being racist are Ubisoft and the white males who don't want to see anybody but their own represented in gaming.

@empty

I'm sorry but as a woman and as a minority I have no interest in 'taking a stand.'

It's the game designer's choice. Subconsious choice. Having a problem with it is discrimination in itself.

Good for you. You continue being brainwashed, weak and submissive and see how they treat you every time you walk into a gaming store.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 02:21 AM
You have an agenda and that's to preserve the white male at the front, back and centre of everything. That's clear to me now.

It's totally on topic and the only people being racist are Ubisoft and the white males who don't want to see anybody but their own represented in gaming.

Good for you. You continue being brainwashed, weak and submissive and see how they treat you every time you walk into a gaming store.

and you continue to be ignorant of historical context and history in general

Locopells
06-10-2014, 02:23 AM
Last time, you two. Drop it. NOW.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm done arguing..... i said my piece

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 02:24 AM
a game about the french revolution has nothing to do with race since most participants where white frenchman, it would be a stupid thing to bring racial aspects to a time period like this....

i think you need to read the history books on the French Revolution, cause you obviously know nothing about it

You have an agenda to try and make out I'm dumb whilst ignoring the fact that I've addressed all your points on realism and history.
You're crap at debating because you have confirmation bias. I've met people like you before and you will NOT prevent freedom or equality.

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 02:25 AM

Just seen this. So you're trying to censor a black woman who feels her social group is being discriminated against by Ubisoft and gamers? Whatever. I'm out.

Radman500
06-10-2014, 02:25 AM
You have an agenda to try and make out I'm dumb whilst ignoring the fact that I've addressed all your points on realism and history.
You're crap at debating because you have confirmation bias. I've met people like you before and you will NOT prevent freedom or equality.

just because the game isn't realistic doesn't mean they arn't striving for some type of reality....

EmptyCrustacean
06-10-2014, 02:32 AM
just because the game isn't realistic doesn't mean they arn't striving for some type of reality....

And yet you're very selective of the reality you want to see i.e. you don't want to see a person of colour as a protagonist in a game.
Which is fine. You're a racist, it's cool. Just have the courage to be a bit more explicit about it rather than passive aggressive.

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 02:48 AM

Troll.

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 03:09 AM
Radman is banned! WOOOOOOOOO about bloody time, mods.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Too bad. Not excited about him getting banned but action had to be taken before it got out of hand and the course of action has been delivered. Go Mods <3

SixKeys
06-10-2014, 04:12 AM
I urge everyone who hasn't already to check out the super hi-res versions of Unity videos on GamerSyde. They look amazing.

ArabianFrost
06-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Hey guys, you should probably listen to the commented walktrhough. At the very beginning Amancio says there's a new parkour feature called "control of the ascent" (?). He says that now you don't need to look for a haystack to get down from a building thanks to the navigational control the game allows you...or something along the lines. Sushi, if you're reading this, watch it. I'm quite interested to see what Amancio actually means and how this system works.

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Hey guys, you should probably listen to the commented walktrhough. At the very beginning Amancio says there's a new parkour feature called "control of the ascent" (?). He says that now you don't need to look for a haystack to get down from a building thanks to the navigational control the game allows you...or something along the lines. Sushi, if you're reading this, watch it. I'm quite interested to see what Amancio actually means and how this system works.

Then it should be called, "control of the descent." Sounds cool.

mhg87
06-10-2014, 05:35 AM
From the ubi blog:

Every Assassin finds his way into the Creed in his own way. For Arno Dorian, his journey is about redemption. “Arno was witness to a great loss,” Amancio says. “He feels responsible for that. He feels that he could have prevented it, and he didn’t.” So Arno seeks out the Assassins in the hopes of acquiring the means to prevent the corruption that hurt him from hurting other people.

So Arno is motivated because he feels he messed up and wants to help the assassins.

…Yes, customized. “We have a fully customizable Assassin, who can evolve over the course of the game,” Pontbriand says. “So as you complete missions, you’ll earn skill points, which you’ll be able to spend upgrading your skills.” Unity includes different skill trees for stealth, combat and navigation; it’s up to you how you spend those points. And you can also further customize your Assassin with different gear, offering even more diversity in how you play. This customization fully crosses over from the single-player to the co-op and back again.

I wanted the series to get more rpgish, hooray!

BONUS! PRESENT DAYYes, there will be a present day – but we’re not talking about it yet. We did, however, get one tasty tidbit out of Amancio. “It’s very different than anything you’ve seen in any of the past games,” he says. “Black Flag was different. This is more different.”

I liked BF's modern day stuff, I wonder what they are planning

kosmoscreed
06-10-2014, 09:33 AM
I watched the videos at 1080p, and I have serious doubts that the game will look like that on consoles. The game is stunning, not a single jaggie.

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I watched the videos at 1080p, and I have serious doubts that the game will look like that on consoles. The game is stunning, not a single jaggie.

Who knows. We're still very early in the new consoles life cycle. It has a better chance since it's on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC unlike cross platform games like Watch_Dogs.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
ALL I WANT TO KNOW, IS THIS GAME GONNA CONTINUE THE STORY, INVOLVE THE ANIMUS, OR SPEAK ON DESMON IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM? I forgot his name but one of the admins on here said he had inside info and wasn't gonna share. Well the game has been put out there now. So if you read this could you give us an exclusive drop bruh? Or at least a hint lol. I'm still stuck on that ending in AC3 lol.

shobhit7777777
06-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Saw the ACU gameplay (commented) and let out a sigh of relief

Reading crowds, dynamic civvies, massive crowds, dense urban environment with stunning verticality, missions which (so far) seem open ended and set where SS seems like a viable option, dedicated stealth mode.....yeah, I'm digging it.

One could say too little too late, but at least its finally here - an AC game which is focused on the Assassin fantasy. The seamless Coop is one fantastic addition and can be taken as solid evidence that missions would be far better designed than before.

Also +100 on resetting guard patterns and routines (IIRC Coop only) for every playthrough....its a little detail which adds so much.

Also...Disguises!

Essentially ACU is addressing a LOT of my concerns and issues with the franchise...and I'm over the moon

YES!

SOCIAL STEEALLLTH!

Dag_B
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
ALL I WANT TO KNOW, IS THIS GAME GONNA CONTINUE THE STORY, INVOLVE THE ANIMUS, OR SPEAK ON DESMON IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM? I forgot his name but one of the admins on here said he had inside info and wasn't gonna share. Well the game has been put out there now. So if you read this could you give us an exclusive drop bruh? Or at least a hint lol. I'm still stuck on that ending in AC3 lol.
Since mhg87 just posted a quote that confirms modern day, the animus will definitively be involved.

S7R1V3R
06-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm really disappointed with how little time unity got yesterday. What about multiplayer? Has it been un-ruined? Are chases back? Can I knife stun? Stun with my friends? Actually have fun ?

Am very impressed with how single player looks.

I suspect a rush to get it done in time.

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:06 PM
The demo was shown on a PC devkit I think???

m4r-k7
06-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Absolutely love the gameplay so far - parkour is stunning, new animations are slick, emphasis on being an Assassin. Watching the making of series on IGN and it seems they are heavily influenced by AC 1 which is music to my ears as it highlights that they are going back to the "assasin" feel of the game by making combat harder and more crowd / social stealth, rather than just being a strong warrior / pirate who can take down anyone in 5 seconds.

With regards to a possible downgrade, I believe that there will be none. All E3 AC demos are highly representative (in terms of graphics) of the final product. The problem with Watch Dogs is that they were not ready to show it off in 2012. AC U is coming out this year and so I am expecting it to look like this.

superkootje
06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Is there any place to download these videos in the best quality rather than the compressed youtube quality?

Locopells
06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Here:

http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_2908_en.html

superkootje
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks!

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Btw, as a person who is not exactly that knowledgable in French Revolution, question: does the cinematic E3 trailer depict storming of Bastille or is it smth else?

Locopells
06-10-2014, 02:50 PM
It looks like it, but I don't know enough of the actual events of that to say for certain. It's a co-op trailer though, so may just be a random mission, like the demo.

Thanks!

Welcome.

m4r-k7
06-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Seems we will finally be able to carry spears and carry heavy weapons again! On the homepage you can unlock exclusive rewards and one of them is spear. Also there are trousers you can unlock which make you more stealthy. Perhaps different clothing has different abilities? Awesome!

Wolfmeister1010
06-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Here is a summary of all the little details I noticed in the two demos of Unity. Some of these you may or may not have seen.

Single Player demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4

1:26 Notice the little sound effect that plays when he is falling? Reminds me of Mirror’s edge.
I believe this demo is on XboxOne. Someone correct me or confirm this? So..no offense to XboxOne owners..but you can probably assume the game will look even more high res on PS4 and significantly better on PC. Although it already looks magnificent.
The screen shakes noticeably when he grabs on to ledges as he falls.
1:39 That vaulting animation looks extremely fluid, perhaps it is part of the new navigation system to decide when scaling a wall whether or not to stay at the top, or quickly vault over. Either this, or you can now vault over MUCH taller objects.
Notice the absolutely orgasmic physics on Arno’s coat.
Also notice that while he is supposed to have a “multi-barrel”pistol, he at this time has a standard flintlock.
2:10 New NPC activities during the bloody revolution such as getting into knife fights and.. shining shoes XD
At this fight at 3:10, but in a different play through the demo, Arno shoves the enemy into a wall and cuts his throat with the sword. This likely means that the kicks you did when an enemy was close to a wall in previous games is replaced with a set of more combative and fluid execution animations
3:17 Eagle vision seems to be able to detect enemies through walls without having tagged them in the first place.
3:24 Lockpicking symbol on chest and an unseen object. Lockpicking seems to be one of the “skills”you can upgrade, along with eagle vision, combat, stealth and parkour.
3:31 Stealth mode confirmed to not be automatic a la Watch Dogs or Tomb Raider. It has a button.
3:36 Enemy highlights seem to turn from yellow to red when you can assassinate them. Due to the position of the guard behind Arno’s cover..we can assume that “over cover”assassinations a la Mass Effect 3 are present. Yay!
3:46 Five Finger Filet. It seems that the NPCs and enemies all have plenty of new animations. At this point, you can also see another open window on the other side of the room, which shows another possible path to complete this particular mission.
3:58 I was wondering why the guy sitting on the bench couldn’t see Arno..but I believe he is sleeping.
4:09 At this point in different playthroughs, Arno does several different low profile assassination animations. This confirms some of his new amazing low profile assassinations that have changed from the AC3/AC4 style.
4:23 Amazing new facial animations. Shows the creases and wrinkles that show up from different facial expressions. Take notice of the amazing eye and detailed hair as well.
4:35 It is little new animations like this, Arno stumbling, that make me LOVE assassins creed games.
Also..at this view of him stumbling, we can see that he does NOT have two hidden blades.
4:46 Highground feature likely replaces the “Location info” button of AC4. Also, lets try to decipher what some of those symbols might mean. We have an assassin symbol for a contract I suppose, a few thief symbols, upward pointing arrows that..could mean anything..a downward pointing one, a symbol of two people, could be a notoriety mark? Also what looks to be a tavern symbol, and explosion symbol, and a symbol that looks like two semicircles.
Co Op missions seem to be separate from the main missions. Co Op missions can also be completed by yourself.
5:39 Wall Running parkour up.
6:20 Stun bombs and possible hitman style disguises? Damn
From 6:43 to 6:50, notice some awesome new animations. Rope walking animation is different. He stands more upright. The jumping from ledge to ledge looks EXTREMELY fluid, and also notice how every jump and landing generates a bit of dust.
7: 05 Crowds react audibly and visibly to the action around them, like the execution.
7:15 Enemies can now kinda see you as you assassinate them? Lol. Could be a scripted part of the assassination though.
The city looks extremely gritty and dark. I am getting a very very dreary and dark vibe from this game that I have never felt from an Assassins Creed game before. It is quite cool. I also wonder if we take any part in renovating the city, as it looks quite piss poor. But that is likely just part of what makes the city unique.

Co Op Demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJ6GICqQyc

0:20 It seem that you can experience specific missions AND open world should you choose.
0:34 I believe that this is the animation that the parkour artist had, confirming his involvement in the game. http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Assassins-Creed-Unity_Jesse-La-Flair.jpg
0:40 It seems that random encounters such as this one can be triggered by hearing the cries and pleas of help. Also, perhaps these events are not necessarily marked on your map or screen, but just events you can take part in dynamically.
1:34 A new high profile assassination animation. Lovely.
2:42 Blood effects are still crappy..but maybe no so crappy?
3:40 Notice how a piece of rubble from the window actually hits and injured the woman speaking, and the cake falls and splatters onto the floor.
4:20….Spears?? I wonder if Arno, your single player assassin, can have access to these weapons. I wonder if you can choose to play as any 4 of those assassins during single player free roam..

Okay that is all I noticed! Thanks for reading!

Cal_Alexander
06-10-2014, 07:48 PM
This is looking so good! The crowds look so alive, as do the city streets. My only qualms are the Eagle Pulse as it seems to make the game a little too easy, and all of the icons appearing on-screen when on rooftops as it looked extremely cluttered. Can't wait to play this in October though!

Wolfmeister1010
06-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Was the gameplay on XBone?

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Was the gameplay on XBone?

Microsoft and AC have a partnership going on. Notice how it was at Microsofts conference as well as having the Xbox box before the PS4 one this time round when showing off platforms.

It was indeed played on a X1 controller, however I asked Shade and he said it could be a PC devkit.

m4r-k7
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks @Wolf for that in depth look at some new mechanics!

Ureh
06-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Mmmmhmmmm... love that song. "Everybody wants to rule the world" cover by Lorde.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 01:12 AM
Have to say, the CGI trailer is growing on me a lot...

rprkjj
06-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Have to say, the CGI trailer is growing on me a lot...

I think it's my favorite AC cinematic yet. The music is just awesome.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
*hums tune for umpteenth time today...*

rob.davies2014
06-11-2014, 02:40 AM
I love the salute at 2:24! I missed it first time round.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Favourite moment for me. That or snuffing out the linstock.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 02:57 AM
My fav is when the team are standing on the crenellations like superheroes and watching the city. Also when two of them jumped across the moat to release the bridge. Awe-some

mhg87
06-11-2014, 05:10 AM
I love the salute at 2:24! I missed it first time round.

Putting the "Bro" in Brotherhood

souNdwAve89
06-11-2014, 05:25 AM
My fav is when the team are standing on the crenellations like superheroes and watching the city. Also when two of them jumped across the moat to release the bridge. Awe-some

Since they all have different colored Assassin robes they remind me of the Power Rangers.

mhg87
06-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Mmmmhmmmm... love that song. "Everybody wants to rule the world" cover by Lorde.

The original song would not work at all for this trailer, too upbeat, too 80s.

frodrigues55
06-11-2014, 12:45 PM
This CGI is certainly my favorite from the series so far. Something about seeing those assassins working together makes me proud of them somehow lol... and I really like Arno's look.

zerocooll21
06-11-2014, 01:01 PM
MOST...EPIC *_*

Collectors Edition pre orderd (tips cap).

OLDGREGG315
06-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Why is AC Unity being shown off and played by Xbox? Assassin's Creed and most Ubisoft games have always leaned towards Playstation with all the 60 mins of extra gameplay on Watch Dogs and all AC's since Brotherhood. Its just really odd how they would all of a sudden change loyalty. And does this mean that Xbox will get the 60 mins of extra gameplay this time around? Its just a bit odd seen as though the first Assassins Creed was originally to be a Playstation exclusive and they have always prefered showing Ubisoft games on Playstation.

GhanaBoiii
06-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi all, is it just me who is disappointed about no competitive ac mp?

sem1rek
06-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Yves said in Gametrailers interview there will be no exclusive content in terms of platform.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 09:15 PM
I wonder why the quality of the Unity Demo is so bad, both of them, even at 1080p on Youtube under official AC channel.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Yep youtube loves to compress all the videos.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Yep youtube loves to compress all the videos.

Nah, the AC4 demo on youtube was higher quality than this one. Or maybe I am just seeing things.

joshPD
06-11-2014, 09:45 PM
So, my real question is why is this only for PS4, Xbox One, and PC?! They would get alot more money if they make it for PS3 and Xbox 360

souNdwAve89
06-11-2014, 09:47 PM
This CGI is certainly my favorite from the series so far. Something about seeing those assassins working together makes me proud of them somehow lol... and I really like Arno's look.

Agreed. I know people tend to say that Assassins should only work alone and what not, but for these types of missions it makes sense to have multiple Assassins working together. Another example is of course, Brotherhood's CGI trailer. I like Arno's Assassin robes too. Sure, some say it's plain and ordinary, but that's what I like about it. It's bare bone minimum, which makes him being an Assassin more believable, in my opinion.

GunnerGalactico
06-11-2014, 09:54 PM

I agree. The way they work together in the trailer is Unity personified and that's what you call a Brotherhood... and Arno's outfit is classy and he looks very dashing in it :p

joshPD
06-11-2014, 10:21 PM
I agree. The way they work together in the trailer is Unity personified and that's what you call a Brotherhood... and Arno's outfit is classy and he looks very dashing in it :p

I think it is very cool how they look in Unity with all the teamwork and stuff, but I am alittle frustrated at Ubisoft for not making this a option for more people to play, it isn't like everyone has enough money to buy a 400$ game system. But alot of people do have enough to actually pay for the game. I am not sure I like Ubisoft anymore because of this choice, in my mind, it was a very bad choice not to make it available to PS3, and XBOX 360 users.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 11:09 PM
I think it is very cool how they look in Unity with all the teamwork and stuff, but I am alittle frustrated at Ubisoft for not making this a option for more people to play, it isn't like everyone has enough money to buy a 400$ game system. But alot of people do have enough to actually pay for the game. I am not sure I like Ubisoft anymore because of this choice, in my mind, it was a very bad choice not to make it available to PS3, and XBOX 360 users.

People like you hold the industry back.

If they made a port to the last gen, it would sacrifice quality for the next gen version. Why do people always just assume it would be an easy port. Everything about this game is next gen. There is no way that thy could build Paris that size with all the interiors, as well as create the same number of NPCs on last gen. It just would not work. I applaud Ubisoft for choosing quality over number of sales.

Sick of all these people saying "I hate ubisoft now because they don't cater to my ancient hardware".

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:00 AM
People like you hold the industry back.

If they made a port to the last gen, it would sacrifice quality for the next gen version. Why do people always just assume it would be an easy port. Everything about this game is next gen. There is no way that thy could build Paris that size with all the interiors, as well as create the same number of NPCs on last gen. It just would not work. I applaud Ubisoft for choosing quality over number of sales.

Sick of all these people saying "I hate ubisoft now because they don't cater to my ancient hardware".

Well, that was a big assumption right there, I did not say "I hate Ubisoft" did I? Now, they did make it for next gen, but people like you with that kind of money to spend don't care about anyone else who doesn't have the spending money you do. All you care about is the quality of your game, not the other people who can enjoy the game like you. I am sorry that I can't buy a game system and enjoy the game everyone should be able too, so sorry. What you just said made Ubisoft look so bad man. You made it look like for an example making the rich people richer and the poor poorer now, is that how you want me to look at it and tell all my friends? Or would you care to change that comment?

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 12:02 AM
I am glad that they made this game for next generation systems only ! it gives unity its exclusivity and we can now see how far the development team can push the next generation architecture !

I think Arno's outfit is awesome ! as much as i Love the Hidden blade I'm still quite sceptical about the hidden bolt but none the less i am really excited about the new features such as the controlled decent i am imagining the thrilling experience of a tactical decent from high above the buildings of Paris .

Stealth mode even though this is very similar to what i experienced in SC Blacklist I think its the much need addition the Assassin needed rather than contextual stalking through weeds and bushes as to what we saw in AC3 and Black Flag .

I have been waiting for the French Revolution for a long time and Jade Raymond and her team deserve a huge round of applause for what they have presented us .

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I am glad that they made this game for next generation systems only ! it gives unity its exclusivity and we can now see how far the development team can push the next generation architecture !

I think Arno's outfit is awesome ! as much as i Love the Hidden blade I'm still quite sceptical about the hidden bolt but none the less i am really excited about the new features such as the controlled decent i am imagining the thrilling experience of a tactical decent from high above the buildings of Paris .

Stealth mode even though this is very similar to what i experienced in SC Blacklist I think its the much need addition the Assassin needed rather than contextual stalking through weeds and bushes as to what we saw in AC3 and Black Flag .

I have been waiting for the French Revolution for a long time and Jade Raymond and her team deserve a huge round of applause for what they have presented us .

Ok so, they make a new game, and dump every other person that has played AC and leaves em for the dogs, so they can make a better game?! Well, that is very good to know. Yea I know you all are probably thinking I'm stupid but guess what?! You aren't in my place, YOU have the option of playing it, me and many other people can't, so you guys just don't get how it feels when your favorite company washes you down the drain!!!

I don't mean to make you mad, but you gotta look at how other people are being affected instead of thinking about yourself.

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:15 AM
AWW So Sowwy, looks like you won't be able to play Unity. No one cares. You guys have Comet. Unity literally wouldn't work on last gen. It is as simple as that, and the more you try to convince yourself that isn't true, the more stupid we will think you are. Simple as that.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:23 AM
AWW So Sowwy, looks like you won't be able to play Unity. No one cares. You guys have Comet. Unity literally wouldn't work on last gen. It is as simple as that, and the more you try to convince yourself that isn't true, the more stupid we will think you are. Simple as that.

Well, it is very nice to know that you assume so much I never said that it will work on old gen, I was just saying, they could have made 5 a old gen, and while people were upgrading to ps4 to give them alittle more time, making a new game just for you sorry face people that only care about yourselves. But I so far LOVE all the idiots I've talked to about this. Now, I hope you don't work or anything with Ubisoft because if you did, I would so Ubisoft support was very very low :P

Well, it is very nice to know that you assume so much I never said that it will work on old gen, I was just saying, they could have made 5 a old gen, and while people were upgrading to ps4 to give them alittle more time, making a new game just for you sorry face people that only care about yourselves. But I so far LOVE all the idiots I've talked to about this. Now, I hope you don't work or anything with Ubisoft because if you did, I would so Ubisoft support was very very low :P

OH AND GUESS WHAT?! People like YOU hold other people back from wanting to ever get the ps4 for fear they will have to play with you some day!!

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
You are the one being selfish. Just because you don't want to wait a little bit until you can afford to get a next gen console, you want the game to lose half its features and quality so you can play it now.

Also, don't turn this into a damned political nightmare. None of that "rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer" bull crap. This is ONLY about game quality. That is all it has always been about. Those that have next ten consoles are not out to get you, and are not trying to hurt you. The very simple fact is that Unity literally is only possible on next gen consoles, and those who can afford it, can play it now, and those who can't, can't right now. It is called economics. Next gen consoles have better hardware, which is more expensive. Porting the game to last gen would cause the game to lose so much quality.

So in short, shut up. No one cares about your complaints. You guys have comet, we have Unity. it is as simple as that. You are damned lucky that they are even making a game for last gen this year. Better hurry on that purchase BTW, because don't expect them to hold the industry back for you any longer as of next year.

Locopells
06-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Alright, everyone calm down...

Wolfmeister1010
OH AND GUESS WHAT?! People like YOU hold other people back from wanting to ever get the ps4 for fear they will have to play with you some day!!

1. Childish insult lowers reputation even more. Have something productive to add or quit wasting my time.

2. Post an insult in response to yourself? Smart.

You poor fool..do you even know that Comet exists? Try to LEARN before you start making an absolute idiot out of yourself.

I will educate you, sweetheart. Don't worry.

AC "Comet" is the last gen game that is coming out this year.

MasterAssasin84
Ok so, they make a new game, and dump every other person that has played AC and leaves em for the dogs, so they can make a better game?! Well, that is very good to know. Yea I know you all are probably thinking I'm stupid but guess what?! You aren't in my place, YOU have the option of playing it, me and many other people can't, so you guys just don't get how it feels when your favorite company washes you down the drain!!!

I don't mean to make you mad, but you gotta look at how other people are being affected instead of thinking about yourself.

So we have to hold because you are not in a position to upgrade ? your sounding like ubi owes you a favour no offence ! ,

Developers will stop supporting the last generation so you will have to make the jump at some point.

Ubi have already said that there will be an AC coming for the last generation consoles so they have not completely left you out .

Black Flag was pushed to literally every format which kind of made it look like a cash grab .

you have to understand that Unity was made using completely different Development kits to previous titles thats why it wont work and why shouldn't ubisoft show case what they can do for next gen.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:32 AM

And truthfully WOLFMEISTER if no one cares, then Ubisoft isn't a good company, and guess what?! I bet if Ubisoft ever found out you were talking like this, they wouldn't appreciate it because you have made me look at Ubisoft with less want to play their games. and the more stupid you will be idiot. There are more people WAY MORE people playing PS3 than PS4 right now! Now, in 2 years which is about how long it takes to make a AC game, there will be ALOT more PS4 players, but they should have made this game at least with old gen and the next one with new gen graphics, they would have ALOT more buyers! (hopefully not you)

So we have to hold because you are not in a position to upgrade ? your sounding like ubi owes you a favour no offence ! ,

Developers will stop supporting the last generation so you will have to make the jump at some point.

Ubi have already said that there will be an AC coming for the last generation consoles so they have not completely left you out .

Black Flag was pushed to literally every format which kind of made it look like a cash grab .

you have to understand that Unity was made using completely different Development kits to previous titles thats why it wont work and why shouldn't ubisoft show case what they can do for next gen.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for telling me that, the other idiot didn't bother to tell me that, he would rather spit out derogitory comments and make me look stupid THEN tell me that. thank you Master for telling me that, I am sorry for causing you any trouble.

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:35 AM
And truthfully WOLFMEISTER if no one cares, then Ubisoft isn't a good company, and guess what?! I bet if Ubisoft ever found out you were talking like this, they wouldn't appreciate it because you have made me look at Ubisoft with less want to play their games. and the more stupid you will be idiot. There are more people WAY MORE people playing PS3 than PS4 right now! Now, in 2 years which is about how long it takes to make a AC game, there will be ALOT more PS4 players, but they should have made this game at least with old gen and the next one with new gen graphics, they would have ALOT more buyers! (hopefully not you)

Unity...Woudlnt...WORK. on last gen. NONE of it. If you ask them to port it to you..they would give you a DIFFERENT. GAME.

I am sure if Ubisoft hear this, they would face palm at this whole conversation. This shouldn't even be an issue. Please, try to UNDERSTAND.

By the way I am a girl, idiot. And I have been TRYING to tell you that it wouldn't be possible but you won't listen. I told you about Comet two posts ago..so yes I did tell you..

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:37 AM
1. Childish insult lowers reputation even more. Have something productive to add or quit wasting my time.

2. Post an insult in response to yourself? Smart.

You poor fool..do you even know that Comet exists? Try to LEARN before you start making an absolute idiot out of yourself.

I will educate you, sweetheart. Don't worry.

AC "Comet" is the last gen game that is coming out this year.

oh almighty wolfmeister you are master of the frikkin forums i bow down to you, dude just shut up, you are a spoiled brat, and it doens't matter if i was frikkin quoting myself in a insault, i dont give a crap, i will post insults all day quoting myself buzz off, that is my business it is your business to notice that it was meant for you smarty pants.

Locopells
06-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Please stop with the name calling, people, it's not helping anything.

Xstantin
06-12-2014, 12:38 AM
@joshPD, if you start saving now you might be able to get ACU just on time when it hits the stores. October is not here yet, and as other people mentioned Black Flag was released on all platforms. I played it on ps3 first and then upgraded to ps4

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Unity...Woudlnt...WORK. on last gen. NONE of it. If you ask them to port it to you..they would give you a DIFFERENT. GAME.

I am sure if Ubisoft hear this, they would face palm at this whole conversation. This shouldn't even be an issue. Please, try to UNDERSTAND.

By the way I am a girl, idiot. And I have been TRYING to tell you that it wouldn't be possible but you won't listen. I told you about Comet two posts ago..so yes I did tell you..

yes allmighty one well guess what?! how was i if this was my first time hearing about this know what the heck Comet was? your a idiot, just look at how many posts i have! that is this convo, WHICH MEANS I HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE!!! ok so NONE of this would ever work? not the story line? not the characters? ahahhahah! ya i think they would so start thinking about all the facts girl

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 12:41 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH for telling me that, the other idiot didn't bother to tell me that, he would rather spit out derogitory comments and make me look stupid THEN tell me that. thank you Master for telling me that, I am sorry for causing you any trouble.

You have not caused me any trouble :) people need to understand the technical side of what goes into creating a game of this magnitude ! I'm sure you understand this too . its the childish nature of some people on here think its a case of 123 to port a game which was made for next generation architecture on to old systems !! I mean the processors would not be able to handle the data flow of the contents.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:42 AM
@joshPD, if you start saving now you might be able to get ACU just on time when it hits the stores. October is not here yet, and as other people mentioned Black Flag was released on all platforms. I played it on ps3 first and then upgraded to ps4

dude, i can't save for that kind of stuff in place of real life, i can't waste 400$ on a new game system that should be available to this one
ps2 had FOUR games before the new system came out!!! and ps3 gets 2?! i am sorry but i just don't get that

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:43 AM
oh almighty wolfmeister you are master of the frikkin forums i bow down to you, dude just shut up, you are a spoiled brat, and it doens't matter if i was frikkin quoting myself in a insault, i dont give a crap, i will post insults all day quoting myself buzz off, that is my business it is your business to notice that it was meant for you smarty pants.

..do...do you know english. And once again, since you seem to pick and choose which of my posts you listen to..I am a GIRL.

*Fricken *insult *doesn't *dudette *remember to capitalize your "i"'s

I swear it is like talking to a kindergartner. You didn't answer my question..

Before you came in here and started complaining and making a fool of yourself..did you even know Comet existed?? I really am interested to know.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:44 AM
You have not caused me any trouble :) people need to understand the technical side of what goes into creating a game of this magnitude ! I'm sure you understand this too . its the childish nature of some people on here think its a case of 123 to port a game which was made for next generation architecture on to old systems !! I mean the processors would not be able to handle the data flow of the contents.

you have been very helpful and alot more nice than some people, i am gonna friend you because of that thank you masterassasin you solved it in 2 comments

..do...do you know english. And once again, since you seem to pick and choose which of my posts you listen to..I am a GIRL.

*Fricken *insult *doesn't *dudette *remember to capitalize your "i"'s

I swear it is like talking to a kindergartner. You didn't answer my question..

Before you came in here and started complaining and making a fool of yourself..did you even know Comet existed?? I really am interested to know.

no i didn't now I CAN TALK HOWEVER THE HECK I WANT TO YOU IDIOT, 2nd did you bother to ask me if i knew before you started to get all uptight?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:47 AM
And hey, don't get me wrong, when I was new here I was just as naive as you. My first thread was a thread asking for numerous new features to be added to AC3 after its release.

I am sure that eventually you will understand, but for now, just admit you were wrong..about literally everything, stop making a fool out of yourself, and I will forget everything and value you as a new member to these forums.

EDIT: Uh yes I did ask you in one of my posts..and you chose to ignore it for some reason beyond my comprehension.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 12:47 AM
you have been very helpful and alot more nice than some people, i am gonna friend you because of that thank you masterassasin you solved it in 2 comments

Your welcome but she did have a point that it would be a completely different game if ubisoft attempted something like that it would be a complete mess but yea your more than welcome.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:48 AM
And hey, don't get me wrong, when I was new here I was just as naive as you. My first thread was a thread asking for numerous new features to be added to AC3 after its release.

I am sure that eventually you will understand, but for now, just admit you were wrong..about literally everything, stop making a fool out of yourself, and I will forget everything and value you as a new member to these forums.

i admit for alot of it i was wrong, but how why did you get mad about it unlike the other guy who solved this whole thing in 2 "frikkin" comments

EDIT: Uh yes I did ask you in one of my posts..and you chose to ignore it for some reason beyond my comprehension.

what number was it? what number post? how many posts did you have to put up before your brain finally started?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:51 AM
i admit for alot of it i was wrong, but how why did you get mad about it unlike the other guy who solved this whole thing in 2 "frikkin" comments

Because you have no idea how many people I have seen who give Ubisoft crap for various irrelevant reasons, and I am quick to defend them. I am tired of people acting like Ubisoft is some evil company that is out to get each and every person individually. And every single time a new game is announced, we get people complaining about why it isn't on their console, or why the main character isn't a woman, or how AC will obviously suck just because reasons. My posts were just as informative, but they were also much angrier. So I guess I understand if you decided to ignore most of them.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Your welcome but she did have a point that it would be a completely different game if ubisoft attempted something like that it would be a complete mess but yea your more than welcome.

thx man, maybe she did have a point, but she coulda made it alot nicer than how she said it

Because you have no idea how many people I have seen who give Ubisoft crap for various irrelevant reasons, and I am quick to defend them. I am tired of people acting like Ubisoft is some evil company that is out to get each and every person individually. My posts were just as informative, but they were also much angrier. So I guess I understand if you decided to ignore most of them.

ok i am sorry, my question answered, i dont wanna argue anymore

Locopells
06-12-2014, 12:52 AM
You BOTH could have. If you all calm down now, I'll let this rest, but final warning before I start infracting people.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:53 AM
You BOTH could have. If you all calm down now, I'll let this rest, but final warning before I start infracting people.

i'm done

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:55 AM
I am done as well. I will forget everything as promised. Hello, my name is Anna.

I just assumed that people who knew about Unity knew about Comet. I should have realized that many people are new to the series and don't know as much as us hardcore ACers. And I get very very upset when people decide to bash my beloved franchise. I am sorry, I could have been a LOT nicer about it.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 12:57 AM
I am done as well. I will forget everything as promised. Hello, my name is Anna.

I just assumed that people who knew about Unity knew about Comet. I should have realized that many people are new to the series and don't know as much as us hardcore ACers

Hi, I am Josh. You play PS3, PC, or XBOX 360, or PS4, or XBOX ONE?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 12:58 AM
hi, i am josh. You play ps3, pc, or xbox 360, or ps4, or xbox one?

ps4.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 12:59 AM

I just assumed that people who knew about Unity knew about Comet. I should have realized that many people are new to the series and don't know as much as us hardcore ACers. And I get very very upset when people decide to bash my beloved franchise. I am sorry, I could have been a LOT nicer about it.

Greetings Anna Lovely to meet you :) Forums are great places aint they haha !!

Yea i have a secret Love for AC that runs deep

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:00 AM

I am kind of a hardcore ACer too, might not seem like it from this chat stream, but I have been the Ezio trilogy, Beat AC3 2 times, AC4 1 time this is with 100% sinc besides AC4 I have just beat story in that and done not alittle but not alot of the side missions.

I meant I BEAT the ezio trilogy with 100% sinc

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Now I feel bad. No matter who was "right" I am ashamed that the argument got to such hellish proportion..I resulted to insulting your english..how mature.

This is hardly how your first time on the forums should be. Is there anything I can do to make you feel more welcome and less..well less hated? Lol.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Now I feel bad. No matter who was "right" I am ashamed that the argument got to such hellish proportion..I resulted to insulting your english..how mature.

This is hardly how your first time on the forums should be. Is there anything I can do to make you feel more welcome and less..well less hated? Lol.

no, i am not hated lol, this is actually my first time on the forums for any game LOL I am usually just a gamer not really a talker besides with ingame people, i just play i play online mostly now, hey, is thr any possibility i can add you on my PS3?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 01:08 AM
no, i am not hated lol, this is actually my first time on the forums for any game LOL I am usually just a gamer not really a talker besides with ingame people, i just play i play online mostly now, hey, is thr any possibility i can add you on my PS3?

Well..welcome to your first internet argument, where there are no rules at all lol.

My PSN is Wolfmeister101 minus the 4th 0. But that is for PS4. I don't know if that would work for PS3.

Lol, didn't expect you to ask to add me..because a second ago you said no one would ever want to! ;P

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:14 AM
Well..welcome to your first internet argument, where there are no rules at all lol.

My PSN is Wolfmeister101 minus the 4th 0. But that is for PS4. I don't know if that would work for PS3.

Lol, didn't expect you to ask to add me..because a second ago you said no one would ever want to! ;P

if it is playstation network it should work, and thank you for the welcome lol. it might be alittle bit before i can add you so you will be on this forum right? i might have to add you like tommorrow or something

travilanche
06-12-2014, 01:15 AM
Well, that was a big assumption right there, I did not say "I hate Ubisoft" did I? Now, they did make it for next gen, but people like you with that kind of money to spend don't care about anyone else who doesn't have the spending money you do. All you care about is the quality of your game, not the other people who can enjoy the game like you. I am sorry that I can't buy a game system and enjoy the game everyone should be able too, so sorry. What you just said made Ubisoft look so bad man. You made it look like for an example making the rich people richer and the poor poorer now, is that how you want me to look at it and tell all my friends? Or would you care to change that comment?

I was hoping for a GameCube port myself. Damn Ubisoft and their progressive game making!

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:17 AM
I was hoping for a GameCube port myself. Damn Ubisoft and their progressive game making!

read more instead of making more problems dude

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:18 AM

WOOHOO first day and in less than 30minutes I GOT 19 POSTS WOOOOHOOOO

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 01:19 AM
I..I didn't think two people would be able to go from viscous hate and arguing to friends in such a short period of time.

I am on this forum basically always. It is quite sad, really. I have my real life friends and then I have you guys.

Ah I am remembering the first time people found out I was a girl. Everyone said thing like "Oh I thought you were a 14 year old boy" which didn't make me feel to good.

Good thing nobody knows the truth that I am actually a fetus. I have no gender.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:22 AM
I..I didn't think two people would be able to go from viscous hate and arguing to friends in such a short period of time.

I am on this forum basically always. It is quite sad, really. I have my real life friends and then I have you guys.

Ah I am remembering the first time people found out I was a girl. Everyone said thing like "Oh I thought you were a 14 year old boy" which didn't make me feel to good.

well in my vocab if you have a vagine ur a girl a ***** and your a guy :P

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:23 AM
well in my vocab if you have a vagine ur a girl a ***** and your a guy :P

penice

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:27 AM

you playing anything on your ps4?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 01:45 AM
I have played AC4, loved it, Watch Dogs, loved it. Infamous Second Son, loved it. Battlefield 4, is fun. Killzone Shadowfall, is meh. Thief, sucked.

I accidentally preordered Destiny and I need to figure out how to cancel it..

although I wonder if I could preorder to get access to the beta, try it out, and then cancel preorder if I don't like it..

travilanche
06-12-2014, 01:53 AM

True, I could have done that. But I just opened that page, which was the last page at the time, left it for a bit, came back and replied without refreshing. So apologies. But I am on wolfmeisters side. I have been reading for 2 days now about how Ubisoft are the biggest mysoginists that ever lived because they wrote a story with a male protagonist and not a female. And some of the stuff some people say in that regard is absolutely insane. So I am at a point right now where I get easily annoyed at anyone who has anything negative to say about assassins creed or Ubisoft. So my apologies.

joshPD
06-12-2014, 01:55 AM
I have played AC4, loved it, Watch Dogs, loved it. Infamous Second Son, loved it. Battlefield 4, is fun. Killzone Shadowfall, is meh. Thief, sucked.

I accidentally preordered Destiny and I need to figure out how to cancel it..

although I wonder if I could preorder to get access to the beta, try it out, and then cancel preorder if I don't like it..

are you playing anything right now?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 02:02 AM
are you playing anything right now?

RIGHT NOW? No, although I am kinda bored, might go down and play some Watch Dogs or something. So if anyone on a tablet wants to challenge me to a mobile race then go ahead lol

joshPD
06-12-2014, 02:07 AM
RIGHT NOW? No, although I am kinda bored, might go down and play some Watch Dogs or something. So if anyone on a tablet wants to challenge me to a mobile race then go ahead lol

im gone for now cya later mate

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 03:30 AM

We have yet to Watch_Dog each other...

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 01:01 PM

Weird. AC is my favourite franchise yet I bash the hell out of it all the time.

Also, hello Josh, you're new... and feisty.

zerocooll21
06-12-2014, 01:11 PM
..Also, hello Josh, you're new... and feisty.

Its that Hansel, so Hot right now. Hansel.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 03:12 PM

I think you will find that comment was a form or sarcasm lol !

Ureh
06-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Weird. AC is my favourite franchise yet I bash the hell out of it all the time.

You always hurt the ones you love.

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 06:00 PM
You always hurt the ones you love.

Its why I have no girlfriend :(

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Damn I am still waiting for Comet, still waiting for the last two sections on the open world and customization to appear on the main site, and I'm still waiting for Loomer's interview! He posted a pic from the interview like 22 hours ago. HOW MUCH LONGER???

Also wanna see some more gameplay. MOAR MOAR MOAR.

BTW, do you busy think Unity is at the polish stage by now? Like, they have all the story, gameplay elements and everything and now they are working to smooth out the animations and graphical glitches and everything? How long before release does that usually happen for AC games?

Acigez
06-12-2014, 06:24 PM
The consol should get a local co-op splitscreen.

frodrigues55
06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
BTW, do you busy think Unity is at the polish stage by now? Like, they have all the story, gameplay elements and everything and now they are working to smooth out the animations and graphical glitches and everything? How long before release does that usually happen for AC games?

I dont think so, in one of the interviews they mentioned how big E3 is for them as well - because they have to make the demo and that is the first time they mount and see a section of the game properly done and working together. I believe the person said no other part is so complete. The E3 demo ends up being the first time they see everything close to completion, so that section end up being what they will mark as a goal to the final version of the game and how each system of the game should work.

I believe this was said in the Making Of IGN released, its worth checking out!

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
I dont think so, in one of the interviews they mentioned how big E3 is for them as well - because they have to make the demo and that is the first time they mount and see a section of the game properly done and working together. I believe the person said no other part is so complete. The E3 demo ends up being the first time they see everything close to completion, so that section end up being what they will mark as a goal to the final version of the game and how each system of the game should work.

I believe this was said in the Making Of IGN released, its worth checking out!

Uh...if this is the first time they see everything working well together..that isn't good. Because it is just over 4 months till release..

frodrigues55
06-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Uh...if this is the first time they see everything working well together..that isn't good. Because it is just over 4 months till release..

Somehow, I got the impression this is always the case, not just for Unity. She was more or less talking about how E3 is important for them, not just this E3. I guess thats why things change so much from E3 to final version - because those demos were built well before everything is mounted together.

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Somehow, I got the impression this is always the case, not just for Unity. She was more or less talking about how E3 is important for them, not just this E3. I guess thats why things change so much from E3 to final version - because those demos were built well before everything is mounted together.

No, I believe that they had the game already, but they needed to create a new demo that shows everything they want to show in a short period of time.

The reason AC3 lost a lot of content was because dev was in absolute chaos.

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 08:46 PM
No, I believe that they had the game already, but they needed to create a new demo that shows everything they want to show in a short period of time.

The reason AC3 lost a lot of content was because dev was in absolute chaos.

I don't think thats the case with AC3, they had 3 years, the team sucked.

Also the Unity demo is probably from March.

GunnerGalactico
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Some of the devs that were working on AC3... were working on FC3 as well. Not saying it makes any difference though.

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Where's Comet?? :(

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Where's Comet?? :(

"At a later date" - Yves (2014)

Also, who cares? Its on last gen...

ze_topazio
06-12-2014, 11:51 PM

In before Comet turns out the best game of the two.

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 11:52 PM

When did Yves say that?? Did he give a date when it will be announced?

I still like playing games on my 360..

In before Comet turns out the best game of the two.
I know right xD

pacmanate
06-13-2014, 12:04 AM
When did Yves say that?? Did he give a date when it will be announced?

I still like playing games on my 360..

So do I but Next Gen AC vs 7 year old AC...

He said it at E3 in an interview

Ureh
06-13-2014, 02:56 AM
Saw the Unity single-player demo at the Uplay Lounge today. I was 3 feet away from one of the 50 inch LG lcd as it was being played. Can't reveal anything else beyond that unfortunately. These lips are sealed. :p

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140222015558/fables/images/b/b7/SAM_Nerissa_Back_Room.png