PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Saves Backup/Restore Tool for All Ubisoft Games

YazX_
06-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Hello everyone,

i have noticed that there are some people getting their saves corrupted in the past with AC4, cloud is not helping by restoring those saves, and here its happening again, couple of members created simple tools to backup saves for watch dogs, so since this is a common issue, i decided to create saves ultimate backup/restore tool which works with all ubisoft games that store saves into UPlay folder, here is how the tool works:

Disclaimer:

NOTE: this is not an official tool created by Ubisoft, its a tool i created to help the community, Ubisoft has nothing to do with this tool nor sponsered, contributed and published it in any way.

Message from the Dev Team - just so people are clear:

'As with all .exe's and 'tools' downloaded from the internet from unknown sources, please check the file carefully with your AntiVirus software before installing - Ubisoft is not responsible for any harm or damage caused by using this software'

This is the main form, first thing you need to do is to click on SETUP at the top right to configure settings:

http://s26.postimg.org/o5z611c5l/main_edited.jpg

Here is the setup form:

http://s26.postimg.org/m2oqtdccp/Setup.jpg

1. Click on browse to find "UbisoftGameLauncher" folder which is main UPlay folder.
2. Click on browse to set the backup folder which will be main folder for saves backup.
3. Now once you configured the folders, click Discover Saved Games button. (NOTE, clicking the button more than once will not keep adding the games over and over, everytime the button is pressed, the tool will only add new games, if no new games available, then nothing will be changed, so its like refresh button). if you wish to remove any game from the list, then right click on the game and select remove.

NOTE: there is a folder inside SaveGames with random characters, it looks like this XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX, this is your account ID, each user has an account ID, so when he/she logs into UPlay, it will create a folder with random characters inside saveGames to represent that account ID, its important to note that the tool doesnt support Multi-Login (users) saves backup, it will pick up the first folder (account ID) and work based on that, if you are the only user using UPlay, then there is nothing to worry about, otherwise, please make sure you only have one folder inside SaveGames.

The tool will read all folders in "saved games" folder within UPlay and show them on the list. since every Ubisoft game has an ID now and no one can know all IDs for all games especially same game has multiple IDs for different editions and regions, also even for future games that have not been released, hence to that the list will show "Alias" (Game Name) same as "Game ID", however, you can edit the alias by selecting the game you want and click on Edit Alias button, as an example, the ID for AC4:BF is 273, so selecting it and clicking the button "Edit Alias" will show a form where you can edit the name and add an image so you can recognize this game when looking at it again, changing the image physical path will cause the image to be no longer shown in the tool, you need to update it in the tool to point to the new physical location, here is the Edit Alias form:

http://s26.postimg.org/enzf0zqh5/Edit_Alias.jpg

Anyway, once you are done with configuring games' names and aliases, you can close the form, there is no save button as there will be a save confirmation when exiting the form, the reason for not adding a save button is because user might clear list and accidentally hit save, so better to keep it when closing the form with a prompt message to save.

you can now select the game from the list above and do backup/restore saves, when you click backup, the tool will prompt you to add note which is optional:

http://s26.postimg.org/91323inyh/backup1.jpg

Now once the saves backup is processed, the tool will show it in the list:

http://s26.postimg.org/55zo0y4sp/backup2.jpg

If you double click on any backup, it will show you the files that has been taken as backup:

http://s26.postimg.org/93mxqcrm1/backup_Details.jpg

You can take as many backups as you want from any game, also you can take full backup from all games at once. if you no longer want a specific backup, you can select it and press "Deleted Selected Backup", this will not physically remove it from disk, it will remove it from the list and you will no longer see it.

If you would like to restore a backup, select the backup you want and press Restore Saves for Selected Game, if the game already has saves stored, then the tool will move those to a folder called "OLD" inside its saves folder before copying the backup files.

NOTE: NO PHYSICAL DELETE OR REPLACE WITHIN ALL FUNCTIONS FOR THE TOOL.

Tool require .Net Framework 3.5 to work, since it comes as part of windows 7, 8 and 8.1, it should work out of the box.

since the tool requires admin privileges to run and some users exposed some concerns about it, then this requirement has been stripped off and it will run without admin rights, However, if you faced access denied errors then run the tool as admin.

if you encountered any problems/bugs, please post the error message you are getting here, if there is a high demand on this tool, i might implement full game backups as well, so lets see how it goes.

EDIT: Added auto backup support for any game with customized interval, just click AutoBackup and browse for game's exe, then define the interval and press save, once you run the game, it will be detected automatically and auto backup will kick in per the defined interval , you can configure auto backup for all games not only one game, when you play/switch different games, the tool will seamlessly backup the saves of the game you are running. if you no longer wish to run the auto backup for specific game, then just uncheck Enable and save. NOTE: when clicking AutoBackup, all changes made within Setup form will be saved, so be sure you are ok with the changes before clicking Auto Backup for any game as there will be no save prompt.

Also Minimize to tray has been added so the tool hides in tray and taking auto backups while you are playing.

http://s26.postimg.org/i8zvxykeh/Auto_Backup.jpg

Here is how the tool main form looks like if you configured all games's aliases with images:

http://s26.postimg.org/h2youy289/Final_Shape.jpg

Common functionality for all Lists:

1. Sorting by any column, just click on the column header to sort.
2. Copy any value in the list to clipboard, hit right click while selecting any row and a "Copy" item will appear, you can choose what to copy to clipboard from "Copy" subitems.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Since the tool doesn't require installation, if you want to move it to a different folder, make sure you also move options.dat file, this file holds all of your configuration and customization, and also if you have start with windows option checked, you have to Uncheck --> Save --> Move tool --> Check --> Save, thats to update the startup registry key with the new path.

Here is the download link:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hhsjnhn995x42c9/UltimateSavesBackupForUbisoftGames.rar
Language Packs (Extract the archive in the same tool's exe folder) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/j5aqq4cmu59cj8r/LanguagePacks.rar

Supported Languages:

English
German

Updated 23-MAR-2015:

1. Added Sort Ability to main Games List, in options/setup form you can specify to sort ASC/DESC or None.
2. Changed the way the image is displayed in mainform and options/setup form, now it will be zoomed instead of stretched which will display more properly.

Updated 26-JAN-2015:

1. Added default sorting functionality to default the sorting to the specific column and order when you open the tool, look at image and new dropdowns for sorting, once you change any value in the dropdown, the games list will sort based on that and save as default sorting, note you still can sort by clicking on any column header.

2. Now you can delete multiple backups as multi-selection has been enabled, note that you can delete only 5 backups at a time, a warning message will appear if you attempt to delete more than 5 backups, this is just to protect you from deleting all backups by mistake. however, since multi-selection has been enabled, if you mutli-select rows and pressed on any other button for backup/restore, the first item in the list will be processed, so better to just select one item for those functionalities.

http://i.imgur.com/15gYILK.jpg

Updated 18-JAN-2015:

1. Per Uranus888 request, I added Support for Localization by adding language dropdown to setup form, currently Localization files are being worked on, Uranus888 is working on German translation, once finished, it will be uploaded and just dropped into the tool's folder and it will be picked up automatically if you changed the language in setup form. if you are interested in translating to other languages, please PM me. However, this required to move all strings around, so if you see missing text in any messages or interface, please report back.

The way it works:

There is a master english version stored in the tool exe file, so if you dont want any languages, you dont need anything, if you want other languages, you need to download languages packs (will be uploaded once done), each language strings will be stored into a file called Localization.xml, this file should be placed into a specific folder corresponding to the language, as an example, for german, the locatization.xml should be located in "de" folder and so on, however, when downloading languages, they will be set properly into corresponding folders and you only have to copy them over.

2. Added "Make Default View" to main form so when you open/start the tool , the Game you choose to be default view will be selected by default.

Updated 15-JAN-2015:

1. Added a check for "start with windows" option if changed before accessing registry to reduce the amount of "Access Denied" messages when the tool is running in non-admin account, so if the option is not changed while other options have, no registry access will be made and no error message will appear.
2. The first game on the main form now will be auto selected when first launching the tool.
3. Fixed Image getting stuck for a game when selecting another game that has no image.

Updated 04-DEC-2014:

1. Added Start With Windows Option (Will create registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run , However, you might get Access Denied error when saving this option, the tool will display a message with Access Denied to registry, to resolve this issue, run the tool as admin, set and save this option and then restart the tool without admin if you are freaking out that its running as admin) , however, all other options will not be affected and will be saved normally even with that error message.
2. Added Start Minimized Option (this will start the tool minimized to tray whether you launched it or not with windows startup)
3. Added Check when running the tool to not allow multiple instances to run.
4. Added Browse Folder to right Click Context Menu in Main form to browse the backup saves for selected items.

Updated 20-June-2014:

1. Fixed some bugs

YazX_
12-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Hey Guys, i'm reviving this thread so for people who wish to automate saves backup instead of taking them manually since i've seen multiple posts about losing saves, this tool will automate saves backups , please note that there are no guarantees (i use it on daily basis with every Ubisoft game), the tool is provided as is and NOT SPONSORED NOR DEVELOPED by Ubisoft in any way please read the original post above.

P.S: Feedbacks are welcome, please post here if you have any feedback about this tool, any off-topic comment will be deleted.

Altair1789
12-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks for taking the time to make a thread about this :)

YazX_
12-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time to make a thread about this :)

Thanks man, really appreciate it :)

Fatal-Feit
12-03-2014, 11:24 PM
So far, this program have worked brilliantly. I highly recommend it for EVERYONE who've dealt with lost save files/etc. Actually, I recommend it for everyone who uses Uplay, in general. For real, this program should be a standard. It's better to be cautious now than learn your lesson later.

The only thing missing from the program is an auto start button for Windows. Some people might forget to boot up the program after restarting the computer/etc.

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks, YazX_, this should be a sticky.

It's disappointing that, with all the fancy cloud tech, people have the need for a tool like this.

RVSage
12-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Nice one Yaz_X.. you are the best voluntary mod ever :cool::D

YazX_
12-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Thank you guys for the feedback.

Fatal, i'll add start with windows option soon.

strigoi1958
12-04-2014, 01:13 AM
that's so cool thanks :D

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Is there a quick and efficient way to detect which saves belong to which game? Does 273 apply to ALL AC:IV saves, or just yours? Because if it applies to all, can someone tell me which # belongs to which/etc?

Kinda want to reorganize and label everything neatly. :p

YazX_
12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Updated 04-DEC-2014:

1. Added Start With Windows Option (Will create registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run)
2. Added Start Minimized Option (this will start the tool minimized to tray whether you launched it or with windows startup)
3. Added Check when running the tool to not allow multiple instances to run.
4. Added Browse Folder to right Click Context Menu in Main form to browse the backup saves for selected item.

More info and Download link updated in OP.

Is there a quick and efficient way to detect which saves belong to which game? Does 273 apply to ALL AC:IV saves, or just yours? Because if it applies to all, can someone tell me which # belongs to which/etc?

Kinda want to reorganize and label everything neatly. :p

Thats why "Edit Alias" exists, 273 is for AC4 Black Flag for most editions, but its not always 273 as the Gold Edition has different ID , also the Russian version do too, so unfortunately i cannot generalize the ID for each game as its different for several editions of the same game. so the GameID depends on the edition you have of the game.

here are the IDs that i know for most EMEA editions except Gold and RU editions:

273 AC4
274 Watch Dogs
720 ACU
4 AC2
40 ACR
54 AC3
91 SplinterCell:BL
11 POP:Forgotten Sands
46 FarCry 3

zerojad
12-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Thank you for the backup tool. I still haven't got any save corrupt (except for ACU Companion App that happened once) but this might be useful later.

Fatal-Feit
12-05-2014, 12:05 AM
here are the IDs that i know for most EMEA editions except Gold and RU editions:

273 AC4
274 Watch Dogs
720 ACU
4 AC2
40 ACR
54 AC3
91 SplinterCell:BL
11 POP:Forgotten Sands
46 FarCry 3

Ah, thanks.

Fatal-Feit
12-06-2014, 02:53 AM
For anyone who needs it:

4 - AC:2

40 - Revelations

46 - Brotherhood

54 - 3

273 - Black Flag

274 - Watch_Dogs

625 - Liberation

720 - Unity

Anykeyer
12-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Thats why "Edit Alias" exists, 273 is for AC4 Black Flag for most editions, but its not always 273 as the Gold Edition has different ID , also the Russian version do too, so unfortunately i cannot generalize the ID for each game as its different for several editions of the same game. so the GameID depends on the edition you have of the game.

Mine ubishop gold edition saves to 273 (id is 616 but Uplay has support for overrides so games with different ids can save to the same folder, this depends on game config on uplay servers)

AC 3 Uplay RU - 102
AC 4 Uplay RU - 565
AC 4 Steam (all regions)- 437
Freedom Cry standalone Uplay (this game has no local editions) - 664
Unity Uplay RU - 944
Unity Steam (all regions) - 857
Liberation Steam - 632 (and this game doesnt have local editions on Uplay)

Misterscruff63
12-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Got to say thank you just a pity with have to, but thanks again :)

topeira1980
12-06-2014, 04:49 PM
umm, forgive my ignorance but i dont fully understand the benefits of this tool.

im RARing my 720 folder for ACU every siquence i complete.

i can just unrar the RAR file with the sequence i want to revert to when i want to.
is there something this tool is doing that i cant do myself?

Misterscruff63
12-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Think its more towards those who don't know how or don't know what file's to save.

topeira1980
12-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Think its more towards those who don't know how or don't know what file's to save.

oh. ok. cool.

to me just RARing the saves seem more simple than going through the tool and learning it, but that's just me. the effort made to create the tool is impressive and should be commented.

M4EOzzy
12-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Not to detract from the good work on this app, but another option is the free software Gamesave Manager. It's what I use. It's very robust, auto detects all the games, allows you to set up task schedules for performing backups, creates shortcuts to perform manual backups. After initial set up, super easy to use. I found it after dealing with repeated Blacklist, Far Cry 3, and Trials save wipes thanks to Uplay.

YazX_
12-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Mine ubishop gold edition saves to 273 (id is 616 but Uplay has support for overrides so games with different ids can save to the same folder, this depends on game config on uplay servers)

AC 3 Uplay RU - 102
AC 4 Uplay RU - 565
AC 4 Steam (all regions)- 437
Freedom Cry standalone Uplay (this game has no local editions) - 664
Unity Uplay RU - 944
Unity Steam (all regions) - 857
Liberation Steam - 632 (and this game doesnt have local editions on Uplay)

Thanks man for the IDs :)

Not to detract from the good work on this app, but another option is the free software Gamesave Manager. It's what I use. It's very robust, auto detects all the games, allows you to set up task schedules for performing backups, creates shortcuts to perform manual backups. After initial set up, super easy to use. I found it after dealing with repeated Blacklist, Far Cry 3, and Trials save wipes thanks to Uplay.

Yes, that tool is also awesome and its global for all games, its also another option for people to use it.

Got to say thank you just a pity with have to, but thanks again :)

Thanks, but please do note that its always good to have a backup of your saves from any game, you will never know what might happen (blackout, hardware failures,.....) especially for those who play offline, so better be cautious than sorry :)

umm, forgive my ignorance but i dont fully understand the benefits of this tool.

im RARing my 720 folder for ACU every siquence i complete.

i can just unrar the RAR file with the sequence i want to revert to when i want to.
is there something this tool is doing that i cant do myself?

This tool offers you automation of the process for this game and every Ubisoft game whether now or future unless Ubisoft changed the way of games' savings so by then it will need updates. but until then, who knows.

Yes that one and also the automation of the process instead of keep going manually everytime and copy/paste.

oh. ok. cool.

to me just RARing the saves seem more simple than going through the tool and learning it, but that's just me. the effort made to create the tool is impressive and should be commented.

It depends man, there is no learning curve, scan for games, set Auto backup interval and you are good to go, no need to setup aliases if you dont want to, the tool will never look at aliases, it deals with games' IDs and Aliases are just for your to recognize the game, but anyway, the tool cannot offer you something that you cannot do manually, so if you prefer to do it manually everytime for each game then thats great. thanks for the feedback :)

jeffies04
12-07-2014, 12:07 AM
I like the option to have it do it automatically every so many minutes. That's pretty slick.

I wish I'd used it before I had the "adding in-game friends crash-on-continue" problem that rendered my save useless... I could have just kept rolling it back until it worked again!

YazX_
12-07-2014, 11:51 AM
I like the option to have it do it automatically every so many minutes. That's pretty slick.

I wish I'd used it before I had the "adding in-game friends crash-on-continue" problem that rendered my save useless... I could have just kept rolling it back until it worked again!

Yep, this is the whole purpose of this tool, multiple backups per session and you can roll back to any save with minimal loss in progress, and the saves dont consume that much of space, i have 66 ACU saves backup for 4 MB only, but that is likely to change when releasing DLCs since there will be other saves file, anyway, once you beat the game, you can delete all of them and just keep the last one if you like to spare some disk space.

Anykeyer
12-07-2014, 12:42 PM
that is likely to change when releasing DLCs since there will be other saves file

Looks like Dead Kings is actually integrated into the main game just like AC2 and ACB DLCs were. Personally I prefer DLCs to be an extension of existing content, not something separate.

Fatal-Feit
12-07-2014, 01:09 PM
oh. ok. cool.

The tool offers automatic backup, which is the best thing about it. It barely takes a minute to setup, and after that, you won't even have to remember to backup your saves.

As an avid Ubisoft fan, I'm aware that it's important to backup my saves but every now and then, I ditch a day or two then find my save was unexpectedly corrupted or lost and end up losing sooooooooooooooooo much progress (like just a few days ago).

YazX_
12-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Looks like Dead Kings is actually integrated into the main game just like AC2 and ACB DLCs were. Personally I prefer DLCs to be an extension of existing content, not something separate.

Yah i believe that too, finally icons on the map for DLC. so no more separate entry in menu, but probably Chronicles: China will have to go through separate menu entry and i hope not to be honest.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2014, 06:20 PM
The tool is pretty much perfect, but hav u considered making some cool skins for it? It looks a little dull.

YazX_
12-29-2014, 07:27 PM
The tool is pretty much perfect, but hav u considered making some cool skins for it? It looks a little dull.

LMAO, yah the UI is crap, well i have never been a UI designer type of guy, whats underneath is the most important ;)

USAdystopia
12-29-2014, 09:30 PM
While the effort is laudable, multiple game save slots would be preferable.

YazX_
12-29-2014, 09:54 PM
While the effort is laudable, multiple game save slots would be preferable.

Thx for feedback but i didnt really get what do you mean by multiple game save slots? do you mean multiple UPlay accounts?

USAdystopia
12-29-2014, 10:22 PM
menu

save game ---- load game

save game ---- load game

save game ---- load game

YazX_
12-29-2014, 10:42 PM
menu

save game ---- load game

save game ---- load game

save game ---- load game

yah but all of these save slots will go directly to main game save folder and the tool will backup all files located in save folder for the game, so in this case, all save slots. as far as i remember, first slot save is called 2.save, second slot is 3.save and 3rd slot is 4.save, DLCs saves slots will start with 5.save and so on.

Edit: Got it, you are talking about games with one save slot like ACU and WD, so you are suggesting to have saves slots in the tool instead. so one can backup and restore his saves before playing for multiple users, to be honest, im not sure if this is allowed since Ubisoft provided only one save slot, ill ask around and see if its allowed.

Secu12
01-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Nice tool and congratiulations for your work!
i dindn't give any try yet, but can you tell me if this tool backs-up automatically the save game after every game session or you must manually back them up?

YazX_
01-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Nice tool and congratiulations for your work!
i dindn't give any try yet, but can you tell me if this tool backs-up automatically the save game after every game session or you must manually back them up?

Thanks, it does have auto backup feature upon user defined interval per game, as an example, if you set the interval to 15 mins, then it will backup your saves every 15 mins while you are playing, so it will create multiple saves per your playing session. for more info please read the tutorial on first post of this thread.

NOTE: by default the auto-backup is disabled for every game you add, so once you discover/add any game, you need to set the auto backup for it.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 02:03 PM
can you tell me if this tool backs-up automatically the save game after every game session or you must manually back them up?

It will automatically back up your save during x amount of time.

I set my Unity save to every 30 minutes.

FFFFFF-- Ninja'd.

YazX_
01-15-2015, 08:41 PM
Updated 15-JAN-2015:

1. Added a check for "start with windows" option if changed before accessing registry to reduce the amount of "Access Denied" messages when the tool is running in non-admin account, so if the option is not changed while other options have, no registry access will be made and no error message will appear.
2. The first game on the main form now will be auto selected when first launching the tool.
3. Fixed Image getting stuck for a game when selecting another game that has no image.

LAWZ-Witcher.AZ
01-18-2015, 06:30 AM
Thanks for this wonderful tool, however there seems to be a small problem for me.

The software only detects 3 save games folder, whereas I have 4 ubi games at the moment.

I have AC4, ACU, FC4 and The Crew but the folders available are - 273, 420, 720.

YazX_
01-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks for this wonderful tool, however there seems to be a small problem for me.

The software only detects 3 save games folder, whereas I have 4 ubi games at the moment.

I have AC4, ACU, FC4 and The Crew but the folders available are - 273, 420, 720.

You are very Welcome, however, i find it a bit odd since the tool just reads folders no matter whats the ID, so it might need a further investigation, so Could you please confirm that TheCrew saves location is in the same folder and whats the ID for that game?

LAWZ-Witcher.AZ
01-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Well O_O like I said there are only 3 folders and I have no idea what the crew's id is :/

YazX_
01-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Well O_O like I said there are only 3 folders and I have no idea what the crew's id is :/

what i meant is, if you browse the physical location of saves folders (program files (x86)\ubisoft\ubisoftgamelauncher\savegames\random characters), how many sub folders you have in there?

LAWZ-Witcher.AZ
01-18-2015, 01:21 PM
what i meant is, if you browse the physical location of saves folders (program files (x86)\ubisoft\ubisoftgamelauncher\savegames\random characters), how many sub folders you have in there?

YazX_
01-18-2015, 01:43 PM

Then the tool is working as intended, you have 3 saves folders (AC4, ACU, FC4), for TheCrew, im not sure how this game works since its MMO and i don't have it, not sure if it even saves locally, have you played the game and made any progress in it? if yes, then it seems the game doesnt save locally and all are preserved online.

LAWZ-Witcher.AZ
01-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Yes I have completed almost 80% of the game. Yes that must be it - since it is an MMO, it doesn't save the files locally. Thanks for the help boss :)

YazX_
01-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Yes I have completed almost 80% of the game. Yes that must be it - since it is an MMO, it doesn't save the files locally. Thanks for the help boss :)

No problem , you are very welcome :)

Uranus888
01-18-2015, 03:16 PM
@YazX_

Thank you for this great tool and the work you're investing in it! Data loss/corruption is one of the biggest issues, specially due to the known Cloud issues and we always advise everybody to disable it until Ubisoft finally fix the problems.

I created a thread in the german Ubisoft Forum to make ppl aware of your great Tool.

Keep the good work :D

YazX_
01-18-2015, 03:22 PM
@YazX_

Thank you for this great tool and the work you're investing in it! Data loss/corruption is one of the biggest issues, specially due to the known Cloud issues and we always advise everybody to disable it until Ubisoft finally fix the problems.

I created a thread in the german Ubisoft Forum to make ppl aware of your great Tool.

Keep the good work :D

Thank you, much appreciated :)

Uranus888
01-18-2015, 04:17 PM
@YazX_

you have PM ;)

YazX_
01-18-2015, 10:58 PM
@YazX_

you have PM ;)

per Uranus888 request for supporting localization, new update has been released and added another feature:

Updated 18-JAN-2015:

1. Added Support for Localization by adding language dropdown to setup form, currently Localization files are being worked on, Uranus888 is working on German translation, once finished, it will be uploaded and just dropped into the tool's folder and it will be picked up automatically if you changed the language in setup form. if you are interested in translating to other languages, please PM me. However, this required to move all strings around, so if you see missing text in any messages or interface, please report back.

2. Added "Make Default View" to main form so when you open/start the tool , the Game you choose to be default view will be selected by default.

Uranus888
01-18-2015, 11:32 PM
@YazX

You have PM :D

Anykeyer
01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Then the tool is working as intended, you have 3 saves folders (AC4, ACU, FC4), for TheCrew, im not sure how this game works since its MMO and i don't have it, not sure if it even saves locally, have you played the game and made any progress in it? if yes, then it seems the game doesnt save locally and all are preserved online.

Or it saves somewhere else entirely. Like ACB does for example.

YazX_
01-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Or it saves somewhere else entirely. Like ACB does for example.

i checked TheCrew board and its not saving locally, all progress is saved online, you cannot even play without permanent online connection since it doesn't have offline mode.

on Another Note, First Language Pack (German) has been uploaded, Big Thanks to Uranus888 , if you are interested in translating to your language, please PM me.

And also, added default sorting functionality to default the sorting to the specific column and order when you open the tool as following (NOTE you can still sort by clicking on any column header):

http://i.imgur.com/15gYILK.jpg

Uranus888
01-26-2015, 04:48 PM
@YazX

German language pack updated with the new strings, please check your PMs :)

YazX_
01-26-2015, 06:31 PM
@YazX

German language pack updated with the new strings, please check your PMs :)

Got it thanks :)

Sekuiya.
03-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the tool, it's really helpful, I just have two suggestions.

For starters, would love if there was a way to sort the game by their Alias, not when you're in the setup, but when selecting them in the main menu. Currently there is no sorting rule from what I can tell and it bugs me a little.

Second, it's not really a functionally and rather trivial, really, but would love if it was possible. I like to use the covers of the games as the image but the ways this program is set up, the image will get all stretched out to fill that "box". Would love if the cover could, at least, maintain it's aspect ratio.

Once again, thanks for the tool, for what it was made to do, it works perfectly!

YazX_
03-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the tool, it's really helpful, I just have two suggestions.

For starters, would love if there was a way to sort the game by their Alias, not when you're in the setup, but when selecting them in the main menu. Currently there is no sorting rule from what I can tell and it bugs me a little.

Second, it's not really a functionally and rather trivial, really, but would love if it was possible. I like to use the covers of the games as the image but the ways this program is set up, the image will get all stretched out to fill that "box". Would love if the cover could, at least, maintain it's aspect ratio.

Once again, thanks for the tool, for what it was made to do, it works perfectly!

Updated, redownload from the link in main post, here are the changes (note the image now will be Zoomed instead of stretched, so it will display properly on setup and main form) :

http://i.imgur.com/4ASheD1.jpg

Sekuiya.
03-23-2015, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the update. It's looking really good now.
Thanks for all the trouble!

Another thing, I've been "playing" with the tool a little bit and noticed that when you delete a save, it just removes it from the list but the actual file still remains.
Is there any way, a check box perhaps, where you could delete from the list AND from the disk? Sometimes I auto-save and by the end of the session I only want the latest backup, have no need for all the previous ones and having to delete them in the list AND in the disk, well, it's a simple chore, but a chore nevertheless.

YazX_
03-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the update. It's looking really good now.
Thanks for all the trouble!

Another thing, I've been "playing" with the tool a little bit and noticed that when you delete a save, it just removes it from the list but the actual file still remains.
Is there any way, a check box perhaps, where you could delete from the list AND from the disk? Sometimes I auto-save and by the end of the session I only want the latest backup, have no need for all the previous ones and having to delete them in the list AND in the disk, well, it's a simple chore, but a chore nevertheless.

You are welcome, regarding deleting saves, yes it is by design and mentioned in the OP/tutorial of this thread, this is called LOGICAL delete as the tool will never ever do a physical delete even if you restore a save, the current saves will be moved to a folder called "OLD" within game saves folder first. this is done to ensure that no mistakes can happen when a user delete or restore a save because we are talking about many hours of playing here and a simple mistake costs alot, sorry no options nor support for physical delete.

Sekuiya.
03-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Okay, that's fine, it's not like I can't make the delete myself going to the folder so, it's something that I can live with.

Uranus888
03-26-2015, 07:19 PM
@YazX_

Can you please post the new strings so I can add them to the german xml?

YazX_
03-26-2015, 07:29 PM
@YazX_

Can you please post the new strings so I can add them to the german xml?

i've already updated them along with the latest update, download the language pack and check if the translation is fine since i used google translate :)

Uranus888
03-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Almost :p

here the correct strings, please replace them in the german xml;)

<lblSortGameList>Spieleliste sortieren</lblSortGameList>
<rdbASC>Aufsteigend</rdbASC>
<rdbDESC>Absteigend</rdbDESC>
<rdbNone>Nicht sortieren</rdbNone>

"Die Sonne geht auf" for "None" was googlastic ;) it means "The Sun goes up" ;)

YazX_
03-26-2015, 09:15 PM
"Die Sonne geht auf" for "None" was googlastic ;) it means "The Sun goes up" ;)

LMAO, thats so Google translate :D

however, thanks, updated and uploaded :)

YazX_
11-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Hi Guys,

i'm reviving this thread again as a reminder of taking Manual Backups of your saves, no one knows what will happen, i have never ever encountered any saves problem in any game but again you will never know what will happen and always good practice to take manual backups, however, either you take backups manually or use this tool to automate it for you for all Ubisoft games.

Thanks

FlipModeOC
11-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Any idea why Chrome is detecting the file as Malicious and preventing the download?

YazX_
11-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Any idea why Chrome is detecting the file as Malicious and preventing the download?

maybe extra precaution as its not known nor popular on google servers, thus Mediafire is file hosting service and any file can be uploaded to it. however, its RAR archive, you can download it , scan it in every virus/malware scanner that ever existed :) and also if you are interested in source code i will give it to you and you can compile it and generate the exe yourself :)

REMEMBER: THIS TOOL IS NOT SUPPORTED, SPONSORED NOR DEVELOPED BY UBISOFT, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

FlipModeOC
11-23-2015, 03:12 PM
maybe extra precaution as its not known nor popular on google servers, thus Mediafire is file hosting service and any file can be uploaded to it. however, its RAR archive, you can download it , scan it in every virus/malware scanner that ever existed :) and also if you are interested in source code i will give it to you and you can compile it and generate the exe yourself :)

REMEMBER: THIS TOOL IS NOT SUPPORTED, SPONSORED NOR DEVELOPED BY UBISOFT, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Oh, I'm not worried - I've been using the tool since it first came out and I know everything is 100% legit :)
Thanks for the tool again mate, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

YazX_
11-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Oh, I'm not worried - I've been using the tool since it first came out and I know everything is 100% legit :)
Thanks for the tool again mate, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

oh that's great, thank you and i hope you find it useful :)

Velldanas
11-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Need more ID identify.

78 - Trials Evolution
945 - Assassins Creed Unity
1958 - ???

YazX_
11-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Need more ID identify.

78 - Trials Evolution
945 - Assassins Creed Unity
1958 - ???

are you having RU version of the games listed above since 945 is for ACU Russian, right?

so 1958 could be AC:Syndicate Russian, its easy to know, launch the game and let it save then go to saves folder and check last modified date, if its the same as when the game saved then its for that game.

Velldanas
11-24-2015, 02:17 PM
are you having RU version of the games listed above since 945 is for ACU Russian, right?

so 1958 could be AC:Syndicate Russian, its easy to know, launch the game and let it save then go to saves folder and check last modified date, if its the same as when the game saved then its for that game.

Thx u. Its Syndicate =)

YazX_
11-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Thx u. Its Syndicate =)

You are very welcome :)

Wintermist
11-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Wish I had this tool earlier, I reinstalled BF to find all saves are gone, nothing coming from the Cloud. I can't even download and play others saves because there's some check now that prevents loading them :(

I had been holding off on finishing the whole thing due to collecting all those collectables all over the maps, and now, coming back to it.... NO SAVES AT ALL.

YazX_
11-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Wish I had this tool earlier, I reinstalled BF to find all saves are gone, nothing coming from the Cloud. I can't even download and play others saves because there's some check now that prevents loading them :(

I had been holding off on finishing the whole thing due to collecting all those collectables all over the maps, and now, coming back to it.... NO SAVES AT ALL.

sorry you had to loose your progress, AC4:BF doesn't have cloud storage support unfortunately and that's why nothing were retrieved from the cloud.

Wintermist
11-24-2015, 06:22 PM
sorry you had to loose your progress, AC4:BF doesn't have cloud storage support unfortunately and that's why nothing were retrieved from the cloud.

Wow really? Well that explains it, makes it even worse then why it doesn't accept downloaded saves.

YazX_
11-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Wow really? Well that explains it, makes it even worse then why it doesn't accept downloaded saves.

well when AC4 launched, too many people were reporting problems and losing their saves, at that time UPlay didn't have the feature to let you choose between cloud or local saves if there is a conflict and always download the cloud saves, so if there was a problem in uploading your saves after finishing a playing session, then next time you play there will be a conflict in saves and UPlay overwrites your local saves with cloud ones which might cause progress loss, so Ubisoft took the whole cloud storage down and disabled it for AC4 for maintenance, now cloud storage is back but AC4 still doesn't support it, seems the problem in AC4 and cloud is somehow complicated thus its disabled until now.

Wintermist
11-24-2015, 06:35 PM
well when AC4 launched, too many people were reporting problems and losing their saves, at that time UPlay didn't have the feature to let you choose between cloud or local saves if there is a conflict and always download the cloud saves, so if there was a problem in uploading your saves after finishing a playing session, then next time you play there will be a conflict in saves and UPlay overwrites your local saves with cloud ones which might cause progress loss, so Ubisoft took the whole cloud storage down and disabled it for AC4 for maintenance, now cloud storage is back but AC4 still doesn't support it, seems the problem in AC4 and cloud is somehow complicated thus its disabled until now.

Probably felt it wasn't worth fixing then :( It's a shame because really, I think BF was the best AC so far.

KokoRyuKai
12-08-2015, 06:37 AM
934 - ????

I have Brotherhood and Revelations unaccounted for and just the one id un aliased
All my AC titles are on Steam Europe(UK)

YazX_
12-08-2015, 10:40 AM
934 - ????

I have Brotherhood and Revelations unaccounted for and just the one id un aliased
All my AC titles are on Steam Europe(UK)

i'm not sure but as far as i remember, AC4 Gold edition used to have this id, i could be wrong though, so refer to this post to know which game it is:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games?p=11162071&viewfull=1#post11162071

Edit: i searched online and some forum post say its for AC:Rogue on steam.

Xrust94
02-27-2016, 12:46 PM
YazX_
Thank you so much! Your program has helped to make the saves and helped recover once! :) Too bad I did not know about it before.

YazX_
02-27-2016, 11:13 PM
YazX_
Thank you so much! Your program has helped to make the saves and helped recover once! :) Too bad I did not know about it before.

You are very welcome, glad it helped you out :)

Jessigirl2013
02-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Would be great it they could re-enable the cloud save for BF.:rolleyes:

This tools a great workaround though.:cool: