PDA

View Full Version : Which Assassin fantasy do you prefer?

Dev_Anj
06-07-2014, 10:19 AM
So I noticed Shobhit7 and Sushiglutton talking about the core of AC and what approach is best. Sushiglutton said that he/she preferred being a platforming ninja to being a blade in the crowd, as that was a more active approach and more predictable.

That got me thinking, which Assassin fantasy do you prefer? Do you like being the blade in the crowd? Being a platforming ninja? Being a one man army? Being a sneaky ninja? Please tell me below.

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Voted for blade in the crowd because it was the Assassin's Creed concept that got me interested. However, I'd vote for all four if I could. They are all great elements in the series.

Kirokill
06-07-2014, 11:15 AM
I can't choose. I'm both stuck between platforming and crowd blade. I love those the most.

king-hailz
06-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Well i wosh i could choose them all but i chose platforming ninja!

DSafrin
06-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Voted for blade in the crowd because it was the Assassin's Creed concept that got me interested. However, I'd vote for all four if I could. They are all great elements in the series.

That's exactly what I thought when I've seen the options. The best is a well balanced combination of all these elements. (though one man army seems the least appealing to me, to be honest)

Sushiglutton
06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
"Blade in the crowd" is a way more catchy term than "platforming ninja" :). Can't come up with a better one though.

To me the core of AC is historical climbable cities. I love the verticality. Parkour is an expression of freedom. Running across the rooftops in these beautiful cities. Climbing a churchtower and look down and observe the crowd below. To me these things are what the eagle stands for.

I don't like crowds. Slowly walking around on the ground, trying to avoid getting pushed by maniacs, or make a woman drop the jar she's carrying on her head. It's not cool to me.

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2014, 01:07 PM
"Blade in the crowd" is a way more catchy term than "platforming ninja" :). Can't come up with a better one though.

''Terracing assassin'' (?)

AherasSTRG
06-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Blade in the crowd + sneaky ninja for me. An assassin ought to be both to be sucessful in his assignments.

shobhit7777777
06-07-2014, 03:06 PM
All...but for the sake of the poll - Blade in the crowd

Its just so much cooler and unique.

Honestly I love the overall concept...the Eagle and the Blade...Like how Sushi mentioned you have unparalleled vertical freedom but at the same time your Assassin can move unseen...hiding in plain sight....moving through the crowds and then striking. Epic!

Rugterwyper32
06-07-2014, 05:06 PM
A combination of the first two. Moving through the ceilings of the city, or high up in trees or whatever, moving down to a crowd and coming out of it all of a sudden to take out the target, running back to having the high ground and just disappearing into the crowd. How wonderful.

Locopells
06-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Blade in the crowd + sneaky ninja for me. An assassin ought to be both to be successful in his assignments.

Same here - I went for sneaky ninja, since blade in the crowd is a viable option when being sneaky, but allows for sneaking into hideouts as well - which may well call for a bit of platforming ninja also.

Not to mention, a decent ninja should be a one man army, just in case of emergencies...

shobhit7777777
06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I think this poll is less about viable approaches and wanted skillsets and more about the assassin fantasy according to YOU

Locopells
06-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Well, that's mine!

AssassinHMS
06-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I think this poll is less about viable approaches and wanted skillsets and more about the assassin fantasy according to YOU

Of course. Do you think "one man army" is an actual viable approach?

"One man army" is that option that "every" game needs to have nowadays. Because, if you can't beat a game with your eyes shut, it is considered frustrating or "hardcore". And I would be fine with it if I was talking about Prototype or Infamous. But this is Assassin's Creed. It's immersion breaking to be able to kill an army. It ruins the purpose of planning, of thinking before-hand and of stealth. It encourages the player to "mess around" and that destroys immersion. And I do understand players that want to do that in AC. Because the world is so boring, so dead, the only fun you can have is by messing around.

It's all because Ubisoft decided that people don't like an Assassin simulator and would much rather play an open world Uncharted with Batman-like combat, that this "one-man-army" thing still exists.

The series should become more realistic and challeging as it goes and not the opposite. But I guess Ubisoft is more interested in the new (inexperienced) fans than in the ones whose brains are starving.

A blade in the crowd. That is where AC's uniqueness and essence lays. It is also where Ubisoft decided to take a dump after AC1.

pacmanate
06-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Ew, whoever voted "One man army" gtfo

GunnerGalactico
06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
I feel that 'blade in the crowd" and "sneaky ninja" is more my style.

DinoSteve1
06-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I'd like for it, to be all those things, and let us choose how to play the game. Again this goes back to my problems with memory sync. In AC1 and AC2 I could choose how I wanted to approach an assassination.

ArabianFrost
06-07-2014, 09:35 PM
AC's core pillars are navigation, social stealth and combat. It's why I love the game so much. In theory it should allow you to be whatever you want or a mix of both (which is the more ideal option).