PDA

View Full Version : What I dont want to see in the next game. It's a long one beware!

JimboDeBuste
06-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Having played all the assassins creed games, I have noticed Ubisoft have been putting an increasingly large number of annoying obstacles in the game. From orphan children to annoying bandolier players that get in your way. In the more recent installments we saw stupid pages that would fly away when you got near them. Now replaced by shanties. I wish ubisoft would stop this ****ing irritating system!

Things do not have to be annoying for the sake of it. If you want to increase the difficulty then make then hidden even to viewpoints. Things like treasure boxes shouldn't be viewable from that height anyways. I don't want to have to spend 30 mins trying to catch a damn shanty or be harassed by old women begging for coin. It adds nothing to the game.

The other thing Ubisoft seems to have forgotten is that the name of their game is called Assassins creed. Not run into a bunch of well armed men and kill them all. Your not a one man army capable of killing 20 men in one hit. The optional objective should not be optional. DO NOT be detected. This would make the game far more challenging and less like a button masher. If you get detected the mission is over. If you get shot you die. The assassins are quick but are not meant to go toe to toe with 5 or 6 men.

However, they have been making increasingly fun games. I'm currently playing through 4 and its very good. The ship battles are fun and listening to my crew belt one out is highly fun. However there is yet another drawback in this area. They introduced a new mechanic similar to sending your trained assassins out to gain xp. If your going to introduce a new mechanic into the game, give me some indication of what the hell things mean and what I'm doing.

LieutenantRex
06-07-2014, 12:59 AM
I agreed with everything until your third paragraph, which is completely idiotic. Assassin's Creed was never a true stealth game. Its half-assed stealth mechanics in the two recent ones doesn't make it stealth.

DinoSteve1
06-07-2014, 03:37 AM
I'd like to see players punished for not being stealthy.

Wolfmeister1010
06-07-2014, 04:22 AM
How do you call AC4 stealth half assed? It is the ONLY AC game so far to have good stealth since AC1.

Ureh
06-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Bandolier: a strap/belt with loops for holding cartridges/ammo.
Bandolier player: ???

----
I think they should keep the harassers. Sure it ain't realistic when they only hassle us, but so are a lot of things in the games. They test you observation and ability to weave through the crowd without entering conflict. They also add a bit of "intelligence" to the crowd. And for those that can't avoid them, there are plenty of ways to shake them off... violence, money, blending

Megas_Doux
06-07-2014, 05:45 AM
I agreed with everything until your third paragraph, which is completely idiotic. Assassin's Creed was never a true stealth game. Its half-assed stealth mechanics in the two recent ones doesn't make it stealth.

Are you really complaining about the hiding behind Corners, columns and bushes???? REALLY!!!!!!

I mean, of course AC was never a 100% stealth game like the Hitman franchise. But a HUGE part of it was having the freedom to either go Rambo style or infiltrate without being noticed, for which I consider it was a shame not having those mechanics before. You know, things that have been present since Metal Gear solid, a game from 1998!!!!!!

Therefore I gladly welcome those, and in fact, I still considering that work is not finished, because a crouch mechanic is needed, IMO.

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2014, 06:18 AM

Are you serious? AC:IV brought it back entirely.

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2014, 06:20 AM
I'd like to see players punished for not being stealthy.

Please, no. 50% synch have always haunted me in every installment after 2.

DinoSteve1
06-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Please, no. 50% synch have always haunted me in every installment after 2.

No I want synch rate done away with, you can be still punished for not being stealthy without it, and no hidden chests, I hate that. At some stage in the game you should be able to obtain something that will show everything on the map.

phoenix-force411
06-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Read all the way up to the third paragraph...and then I said:
http://i.imgur.com/99azi4s.png

RinoTheBouncer
06-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I agree with you, especially about the Shanties or Almanac Papers or lets not forget the Feathers and Animus Data Fragments which did absolutely nothing. The game should add a story to these collectibles and not just collectibles for the sake of it. And no, it’s not because it’s too hard, I’ve finished ACIV 100%, but because it’s pointless. And regarding beggars, they make me feel like i’m the only rich man in town because they only follow me.

Regarding detection. I agree that it the one-man-army thing should be more realistic rather then just being the strongest man who’s able to kill 7 men all together but I guess they can’t just make it a fully stealth game. However, I think our weapons shouldn’t be too powerful, or the Assassins should be too light, fast and powerful that it makes sense that he can take all those with a few smart moves rather than being shot 7 times and making it just because he hid himself for a few seconds to “recover” and then fight agains like nothing happened.

I wish we get an AC in ancient times were there aren’t many fancy weapons but more focus on skill and agility.