PDA

View Full Version : Michael Fassbender Leaves the AC Movie Project

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Source: https://www.facebook.com/LeVeritadellAnimus?fref=nf

"Assassin's Creed Movie: Michael Fassbender Out Of The Project?
The Hollywood News Hound has reported that Michael Fassbender has left the Assassin's Creed movie due to the lack of updates from the studio. Michael Fassbender was a proponent of the film plot being identical of the games' plot but according to reports, the plot has changed to a more "original" storyline that differs from the game."

A more "original" storyline... wonder what the hell that means :\

Shahkulu101
06-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Fassbender leaving? Ah nooooooo....

Original storyline (ie not a retread of the games) yayyyyyyyy...

And now I don't know what emotion Im feeling right now.

DinoSteve1
06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Well this sucks.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Fassbender leaving? Ah nooooooo....

Original storyline (ie not a retread of the games) yayyyyyyyy...

And now I don't know what emotion Im feeling right now.

Original storyline they can save for a game. AC1 has a good story! Obviously they would have to beef it out to make it more interesting as an actual movie, but the plot and setting/Altair are brillliant.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-06-2014, 01:50 AM
VERY interesting....
This has me thinking that it will be a crusades story much like AC 1 but will not feature the animus/abstergo in anyway...

ArabianFrost
06-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Methinks original story means that there will be now modern storyline, but a progressive historical setting. They'll probably get rid of the 2012 arc too. While I'm sad the modern conspiracy part will be removed, I'd like to see how they include the mythology if at all.

Fassbender leaving is bad news though :( by the looks of it, this movie's production seems very badly managed, which might mean development hell for the movie a.k.a not goot.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-06-2014, 02:40 AM
Methinks original story means that there will be now modern storyline, but a progressive historical setting. They'll probably get rid of the 2012 arc too. While I'm sad the modern conspiracy part will be removed, I'd like to see how they include the mythology if at all.

Fassbender leaving is bad news though :( by the looks of it, this movie's production seems very badly managed, which might mean development hell for the movie a.k.a not goot.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted' is a timeless conspiracy. Even better :)

Wolfmeister1010
06-06-2014, 02:56 AM
This confirms one thing:

This movie won't come out for at least another 2 years.

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 04:03 AM
Videogame movies almost never actually happen. And if they do, they're almost always trash. Fact.

dxsxhxcx
06-06-2014, 04:23 AM
Videogame movies almost never actually happen. And if they do, they're almost always trash. Fact.

true, Hollywood should learn something from Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, probably the best video game adaptation already made.

Radman500
06-06-2014, 04:23 AM
there is no way they can do an assassins creed movie WITHOUT the animus or a modern day storyline...

LoyalACFan
06-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Original storyline they can save for a game.

But what if they use a setting that wouldn't work for a game? i.e. anything post-1850? For example, an Assassin's Creed story set during the Cold War could be awesome, but would never work as a game without sacrificing core AC principles. A movie would have more freedom to tackle that sort of thing, just like the comic did with the Russian Revolution.

I have no interest in seeing AC1's story retreaded on the big screen. Especially if they were planning to let Fassbender play Altair.

deskp
06-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Im pretty sure they were never gonna retell story from any of the games. I think ubi stated they were NOT doing that.the only thing fassbender knew about the story from the satrt was the generic memory part, and thats why he got involved. I don't think an AC movie should be about that anyways. Thats would just be a dull sci fi movie, a more strictly historical movie would be much better.

LoyalACFan
06-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Thats would just be a dull sci fi movie, a more strictly historical movie would be much better.

Agreed. The games themselves have had major problems balancing the sci-fi and history. For a 2-3 hour movie, it would just be too much to juggle. Unless they did a purely modern story.

I-Like-Pie45
06-06-2014, 06:32 AM
who should replace MF

I vote Arnold Schwarzenegger

deskp
06-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Well another report says, theres no History, No parkour, and its a davinci code style movie. Thats not what we want from an AC movie, Ac is suppsed to be all about historical tourism and big historic political events.A davinci style movie could be good, and add something to the modern day part of the franchise, but it does seems abit of a waste to make an AC movie that way..Lets hope these reports are fake.whatever they do I don't want to see any character from the games reused.I don't get it, didnt the AC3 people have to put up a fight in order to get nearly any modern day stuff into the game, same with revelations modern day thigns pushed into dlc. And now they end up making a modern day movie? doesen't make sense.Marketing wise AC lives by the historic concept.

MiguelSanch2014
06-06-2014, 06:41 AM
More greater news, I have scarcely heard. Thank goodness.

I love The Fass, but having him as far away from this franchise as possible suits me perfectly. He was all kinds of wrong for anything related to AC, IMO.

However, sounds like the studio have their heads just as far up the you-know-what's than ever.

As I've said before, this seems to be a giant cash grab more than anything. Video game movies are ALWAYS risky, and rarely to never cool. As much as I want an AC movie, I'd rather it stay dead and buried than released as a shambles.

Ureh
06-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Maybe it would be easier if they make a cgi film. 1.5 hrs long. At least in-game cutscene quality. Or cine trailer quality. ;p

Sushiglutton
06-06-2014, 09:30 AM
there is no way they can do an assassins creed movie WITHOUT the animus or a modern day storyline...

Agree with this. In the game it could work to do history only as that is what is fun to play. But in a movie, which is a story telling medium, I def think they should do modern + history.

RinoTheBouncer
06-06-2014, 10:19 AM
BEST NEWS EVER!

For God’s sake, he looks nothing like Desmond, Ezio, Altair or any AC character. I’m glad he left. I hope they bring someone like Sam Worthington, Liam Hemsworth or Francesco Randez himself or any new actor who genuinely looks or feels like an Assassin.

I believe a “more original storyline” means a new story with either completely different characters or only a few but a whole different flow of events.

I have a wish which is to have a full CGI movie. Some 1.5 to 2 hours long movie like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Anything like that will be epic. I’ve always believed that Video Game-based films are a love it or hate it kinda thing among the fans and will no way be something very interesting to non-fans nor award shows. I believe a CGI movie will bring what you love to see most in the quality that you want. I mean who wouldn’t want to see a CGI Ezio, Connor, Altair, Edward or Desmond for two hours, something of the same quality as the cinematic trailers of AC?

I’m sure something like that, with the right voice acting, story, graphics and promotion will be as big as any live action film.

Regarding modern day, I think it’s inevitable that they’ll have a modern day part in the film. Something like the Da Vinci Code would be epic and not very predictable. What AC needs most is being original and showing potential not just trying to repeat itself or cling to the popular historical eras to be successful. What matters most is the conspiracies, the high-tech ancient civilization and of course, the Assassins and the Templars. So I believe making a completely historical setting for a movie would be a huge disappointment.

I don’t mind a fully modern day AC movie or a 50/50 AC movie. This isn’t a game where Ubisoft wants the fans to enjoy historical tourism, this is a movie which is all about the story and the art, and AC stories have always been connected to modern day.

If they can create an original story that is canon but new, original and well-made, they will bring new fans to the franchise. Look at Resident Evil films. They aren’t even canon and they’re always panned by critics but they always do great, financially and now we have 5 go them and a 6th is on the way. So they can make a hell lot of money if they market it the right way and make it interesting enough for people to just go and enjoy seeing the Assassins and Templars fight throughout history and present day with some great moments, speeches, graphics and of course, connectivity to the games.

Farlander1991
06-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Eh, I personally would love an AC movie to be more of an adaptation rather than something that takes place in the game universe.

It should work as a stand-alone movie that non-AC fans can fully understand and enjoy (because it's a whole different medium), and as such an AC1 adaptation would be best.

Imagine if the first AC game would be AC2 or AC3 (AC4 kinda works better as an introduction to the series game-wise, but still for a full understanding of things one would need to look deeper into other games) and AC1 didn't exist (and you had to specifically read a book or watch a movie to understand what's happening). Out of nowhere there's all these artifacts, Templars and Assassins (who, a person would think, didn't they disappear in the middle ages?), and whatnot.

Not that it's not possible (it is, but also really easy to mess up), but Altair and Crusades era are a perfect entry point to introduction of the lore, characters, concepts, ideologies, as everything can be introduced in a neater and smoother way.

armutyus
06-06-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure about this news is true. Because these links not say the same thing https://twitter.com/MFOnline/status/473834851431612416 http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/93921/20140603/assassins-creed-movie-news.htm and on the michael fassbender's website(http://michael-fassbender-online.net/) you can see assassin's creed under pre-production section. He is not only actor but also is a producer. http://www.michaelfassbender.org/assassinscreedcastcrew.html also this one is new but i am not sure this is official or not.

Anyway if he will leave, it's not problem there are millions of actor on the world :D

And original story.. I never thought ubisoft will use same story for the movie. Because that's not their style. You can see all the ubisoft's ac products have different stories. Books, comics, series, games(even ps3, psp, nintendo has their own stories). Of course they will write a new story and show us ac's different faces.

SixKeys
06-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Welp, there goes whatever tiny kindling of hope I may have had for this movie. Fassbender is a quality actor. If he's gone, it likely means the script has taken a turn for the worse.