Dat face tho! So hot! Stahp! I cant!

Ureh
06-05-2014, 02:30 AM
What the-

That's his new outfit?! So cool! :OOOOO

AAAAAhhhh!

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:31 AM
I wonder how many of his friends will be killed via guillotine for sake of feels :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 02:31 AM
I wonder how many of his friends will be killed via guillotine for sake of feels :rolleyes:

obv the girl

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Why is it AC Unity AND AC Chile?

Is Chile the co-op?

does this mean *gasp* SIX PLAYER online CO-OP? Nah too good to be true.

Or maybe Arno just wants some chillie :rolleyes:

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:34 AM
Why is it AC Unity AND AC Chile?

Is Chile the co-op?

does this mean *gasp* SIX PLAYER online CO-OP? Nah too good to be true.

Or maybe Arno just wants some chillie :rolleyes:

AC Chile is a fansite.....

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:36 AM
oh I was not aware.

Well then.... forget that.

I love Arno. Already my new favorite assassin, Yeah I'm shallow and pick based on character design.come at me.

Ureh
06-05-2014, 02:37 AM
@Mayrice Nah I get you! It beats Edward's and Haytham's outfits imo. :D

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:38 AM
oh I was not aware.

Well then.... forget that.

I love Arno. Already my new favorite assassin, Yeah I'm shallow and pick based on character design.come at me. i wonder if his friends are the co-op narrative... while he does his single player campaign

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:39 AM
I just noticed. Grey Hoodie. Popped collor. Another collar atop that collar. Clean, angry face.

It's Alex Mercer's ancestor! :rolleyes:

jk ofc.

Though having alt costume of mercer would be awesome. They did it with Raiden, why not prototype? Protocreed is already a thing.

@ureh

ikr :3

@rad

5 player co-op would be weird tho. and the leaked 3 assassins dont match this.only 1 assassin does. the one on the left.

LatinaC09
06-05-2014, 02:40 AM
Oooooooh this is my favorite time of the AC year, when we start to get all the leaks :)

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Oh snap all this time the leak was real!

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:43 AM
It was a sword.. a sword :D

http://i.imgur.com/xoK95mw.jpg

does anybody know what sword our new protag is holding?

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:44 AM
that sword is a sabre, no?

I don't know. I didn't pay attention in my fencing classes but i think it's a saber. or a rapier. im stupid :P

edit: it's a rapier.

Megas_Doux
06-05-2014, 02:45 AM
does anybody know what sword our new protag is holding?

French cup hilt Rapier!

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:46 AM
French cup hilt Rapier!

so a fencing weapon....

so that must mean he's going to have a sword of fencing style fighting

were rapiers effective in combat though?

LatinaC09
06-05-2014, 02:46 AM
Oh snap all this time the leak was real!

lol that it was. We had the info right in front of us. Unfortunately there's so much fake stuff it's not always easy to believe everything.

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 02:48 AM
THERE. A hot female badass assassin. Can we stop complaining now?

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:49 AM
I am sooooooooooooooooo pumped.

better live up to the hype Ubi. Gimme my co-op and well-written narrative!

@wolf

she could be a poorly written character for all we know.

She looks shy but it's hard to tell from 1 image alone.

But seriously who cares if a character has a vajayjay or not. it's all about how well written he/she is :o

Megas_Doux
06-05-2014, 02:51 AM
so a fencing weapon....

so that must mean he's going to have a sword of fencing style fighting

were rapiers effective in combat though?

I wish!!!!!

I LOVED Haytham Style and I want it back haha.

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 02:51 AM

@wolf

Maybe. But Am I the only one who is happy that the assassins actually wear hoods? All the assassin allies in the past REFUSE to wear hoods lol.

Anyway, LOVE outfit, and the cast looks colorful. That guy to the left looks like one of the guys on the spin to win thing. So that leaves our mystery man.. Connor?

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:52 AM
I noticed the guy on the left has a beaked hood but Arno doesn't. Darby said there was a reason.

I'm guessing the tricorn bearded man on the right is a templar.

betting most if not all will tragically die.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:52 AM

@wolf

But seriously who cares if a character has a vajayjay or not. it's all about how well written he/she is :o

this is what i Think

Arno =Main Protagonist= single player campaign...

Co-op campaign, is rumored for 4 players, as we can see their are 5 characters behind the protagonist, so the best guess is 4 of them wlll be the co-op protagonists and one will just be a supporting character

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:53 AM
@wolf

i think it's connor too.

@rad

maybe. but we'll see.

ArabianFrost
06-05-2014, 02:53 AM
Sexy

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 02:54 AM
I can TOTALLY seeing that mystery guy to the left, the girl to the right, Connor, And Arno being the 4 player co op team of destruction.

Also I call dibs on that girl as avatar LOL

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:55 AM
I noticed the guy on the left has a beaked hood but Arno doesn't. Darby said there was a reason.

I'm guessing the tricorn bearded man on the right is a templar.

betting most if not all will tragically die.

you mean to arno's right... interesting

so the other guy in the hood is a templar/enemy

and the black guy, the long haired guy, the girl and the guy with the hat are possibly the co-op protagonist, or freinds/allies of Arno?

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:56 AM
I can TOTALLY seeing that mystery guy to the left, the girl to the right, Connor, And Arno being the 4 player co op team of destruction.

Also I call dibs on that girl as avatar LOL
yeah i like your idea better

these 5 guys could just be allies of Arno, they don't necessary have to be the co-op protagonists...but maybe some of them are

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:57 AM
@rad

I don't know if any of the guys in the pic are the antagonists. AC4 had a big supporting cast. this is likely just the supporting cast.

safe to say they're all allies.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 02:58 AM
@rad

I don't know if any of the guys in the pic are the antagonists. AC4 had a big supporting cast. this is likely just the supporting cast.

safe to say they're all allies.

true they are most likely allies of Arno.....but are they necessary the co-op protagonists as rumored...

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Arno's final design is way different from his initial design though. it was a lot more blue-ish and his collar was red....and...I draw that chibi Arno for nothing :mad:

@radman

if they are that would mean GTA style 6 player multiplayer. but not really co-op. I think the co-op will be the leaked image with the three assassins

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 03:01 AM
So that first leaked photo in Ubisoft's office was legit!! Looks awesome!

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Arno's final design is way different from his initial design though. it was a lot more blue-ish and his collar was red....and...I draw that chibi Arno for nothing :mad:

@radman

if they are that would mean GTA style 6 player multiplayer. but not really co-op. I think the co-op will be the leaked image with the three assassins

Don't forget that it is kinda a concept art, not in game. Plus there are different outfits.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Still want an Alex Mercer alternate costume. I mean come on look at this

http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401931605
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/spectre/vid/mercer.jpg

like the same thing.

If they can add Raiden they can add Mercer :o

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Still want an Alex Mercer alternate costume. I mean come on look at this

http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401931605
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/spectre/vid/mercer.jpg

like the same thing.

If they can add Raiden they can add Mercer :o

he does kind of look like Mercer

Jexx21
06-05-2014, 03:10 AM
why are you obsessed with Mercer? he's not even a good character. prototype seriously lacked in the story department.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:12 AM
@jexx

the plot was pretty meh.

I just loved the gameplay, the concept, alex's design, the freedom, and the overall IP. Plus Protocreed is a thing I've been exposed a lot to.

Prototype is in my personal top ten games. It has it's flaws, but I love it. I even read the comics. :rolleyes:

Mercer is love. Mercer is life.

@rad

ikr

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:12 AM
why are you obsessed with Mercer? he's not even a good character. prototype seriously lacked in the story department.

I feel like i can speak for alot of us, or maybe just me..but i liked Alex cause he had a pretty cool design with the hoodie.... i admit the black guy in the sequel had a deeper character to him..but there is something about Mercer's design that kind of makes you want to play as him, mysterious like, similar to an assassin

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 03:15 AM
The creators of AC better have a good reason the beaked hood is no more >_>

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:16 AM
I havent played prototype, but from what I hear, the first one was good, and the second one was good but not as good. The second protagonist was a black guy. And apparently everyone thought the game would be serious and kinda mature because of a really emotional trailer but it ended up being him cursing and blowing crap up like normal

@Humble: Darby said that Edward didn't have one to stress that he stole the costume from a traitor, and he is not actually an assassin.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:17 AM
@radman

Helller was laaaaame. Why should I feel bad for his wife and daughter when im too busy murdering people on the streets for fun? :rolleyes:

@humble

Darby said only true assassins have beaks. so Arno is probably a templar/assassin hybrid as implied

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:17 AM
I havent played prototype, but from what I hear, the first one was good, and the second one was good but not as good. The second protagonist was a black guy. And apparently everyone thought the game would be serious and kinda mature because of a really emotional trailer but it ended up being him cursing and blowing crap up like normal

the protagonist of the second one was objectively a better character, alex was kind of a blank slate, but alot of people were mad that they turned alex into the antagonist... the game was good but the consensus is wasn't as polished as the first one

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:19 AM
@radman

Heller is too bulky compared to alex

and Alex is hot so....:rolleyes:

so back to assassin's creed leak :3

side characters hopefully arent generic and underdeveloped

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Or maybe beaks kinda give you away lol. I have to say..this is the most actually blend-in worthy and inconspicuous assassin outfit I have seen since AC1. He actually looks like he could fit in the with nobles, or the dark rag clad peasants. It is not too flashy, not white, pretty neutral.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 03:21 AM
OHHHH!! Maybe he's a traitor, or hybrid? Interesting indeed~

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:21 AM
@radman

Heller is too bulky compared to alex

and Alex is hot so....:rolleyes:

so back to assassin's creed leak :3

side characters hopefully arent generic and underdeveloped
hopefully there is still a chance that Connor will be in it.....

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:22 AM
OHHHH!! Maybe he's a traitor, or hybrid? Interesting indeed~

you mean Arno could be like a double agent, working for both the Assassins and Templars?

interesting?

Jexx21
06-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Why are we trusting Darby? He's just a writer, he doesn't make the overarchng story decisions.

And I thought Mercer's design was fairly drab to be honest.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:24 AM
@radman

he's pretty much guaranteed to be in it at this point. At least as DLC. Would be a missed opportunity otherwise

@humble

yup :o

@wolf

with that hood? totally not standing out or anything :rolleyes:

@jexx

no but he and corey expand on it, so they should know the finer details.

And thats cool. its just our taste, man :o

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Why are we trusting Darby? He's just a writer, he doesn't make the overarchng story decisions.

different tastes I guess..

back to the leak though...

Arno by far has the best design of the protagonists so far in the entire series imo

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:25 AM

*Facepalms*

He is the one who DESIGNED Edward, Sherlock lol

I love how before we all hate Arnaud's outfit but now we love it.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:26 AM
if not Connor, then maybe Aveline makes an apperance, she is half-french after all

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:27 AM
@wolf

pretty sure Edward was designed by several concept artists

Darby is just a writer

@rad

yeah best design i agree.

good point about aveline. though she's not very popular atm so we'll see

Megas_Doux
06-05-2014, 03:27 AM
Well, the Caribbean Brotherhhod like Ah tabai and the Maroon in Jamaica did not have beaked hoods, and they sure were assassins.

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:28 AM
@wolf

pretty sure Edward was designed by several concept artists

Maybe his outfit. But the hood is more than that. It is a story element. Darby is the one who pitched that he not have a beak, so as to stress that he is not actually an assassin. He tweeted it..

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Now that I think about it, Arno looks skinner then he did on the sneak peek trailer, no? Or maybe he's just wearing bulkier clothes in this concept art?

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Now that I think about it, Arno looks skinner then he did on the sneak peek trailer, no? Or maybe he's just wearing bulkier clothes in this concept art?

Huh? I think he looks bulkier.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 03:29 AM

Well, the Caribbean Brotherhhod like Ah tabai and the Maroon in Jamaica did not have beaked hoods, and they sure were assassins.

Ah, I remember that, Very true...... Now I'm just as confused DX

Huh? I think he looks bulkier.

Oopps I meant the other way around lol.. he looks bulkier in the concept art than the sneak peek

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:30 AM
@wolf

he might have said to not include the beak. I was just saying he didnt really 'design' him

@humble

must be all those croissants...

@megas

error on Darby's part? I dunno i'm sure we'll get an explanation

Jexx21
06-05-2014, 03:34 AM
*Facepalms*

He is the one who DESIGNED Edward, Sherlock lol

I love how before we all hate Arnaud's outfit but now we love it.
who hated arno's outfit? it looked fine before

frodrigues55
06-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Ooh, the game looks darker than the previous AC. I like it, it looks different already. I really hate the outfit, though. Probably my least favorite.

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Looks like We will be getting some more Nvidia effects in Unity for PC http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/06/04/nvidia-and-ubisoft-renew-gameworks-partnership-with-4-pc-releases-including-assassins-creed-unity/

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:36 AM
@wolf

WOO! More poorly optimized games!

Maybe we'll sink to 15 fps this time! And have 8 crashes per hour!

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 03:37 AM
@wolf

WOO! More poorly optimized games!

Maybe we'll sink to 15 fps this time! And have 8 crashes per hour!

Its better than not having Nvidia. Ubi is crap at optimizing the games anyway. Nvidia means we just get better smoke and stuff lol

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:39 AM
Tbh I don't even have a decent graphics card right now. I'm borrowing a non-upgradable PC laptop. So I fear I won't be able to run the game.

But there's no way i'm buying it for ps4. Saving up for a high end PC and not paying for the game twice.

frodrigues55
06-05-2014, 03:46 AM
The whole Watch Dogs fiasco for pc is the one thing making me worried about Unity. The game handles like crap and its such a major release, its quite shocking they released it like that. I'm used to the poor performances Ubi usually puts out, but WD's tecnnical mess is as big and the hype was, so I'm not sure what to expect of Unity.

ANYWAY

It's funny how we know nothing of our new protagonist! I can't wait for E3, it looks exciting. His outfit is really bothering me but I think it fits the theme

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:48 AM
And Watch_dogs was held back graphically by last gen.

Imagine an even more powerful poorly optimized game.

rprkjj
06-05-2014, 03:53 AM
I don't believe Connor will be in the game. He would be too out of place in France. I'm betting more on the leaker being mistaken in saying there will be 4 co-op players, instead there being 3, Arno and the two assassins beside him in the OP's concept art and the spin-to-win art. Anyway, I honestly prefer Arno's outfit in the OP's concept art than to his outfit in the sneakpeek trailer. Then again I've only seen that outfit from his left.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 03:56 AM
@rprkjj

Connor's friend Lafayette personally invited Connor to france.

Wouldn't be too out of place considering it was forshadowed

Radman500
06-05-2014, 03:59 AM
I don't believe Connor will be in the game. He would be too out of place in France. I'm betting more on the leaker being mistaken in saying there will be 4 co-op players, instead there being 3, Arno and the two assassins beside him in the OP's concept art and the spin-to-win art. Anyway, I honestly prefer Arno's outfit in the OP's concept art than to his outfit in the sneakpeek trailer. Then again I've only seen that outfit from his left.
good point the girl and the guy to arno's right could be the co-op guys

and then the black guy, the long haired guy and the guy with the had could be just supporting allies of connor or possibly templars

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:01 AM
3 player co-op fits the previous leak. But it's weird. 1 too many for local co-op to be feasable, and 1 too less for online co-op to feel complete.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 04:02 AM
@rprkjj

Not to mention his experience with revolutionS. Could be a surprise character so theres no telling what Ubi has in store. And if not, then we have Comet or the next AC or the next lol

Also, Ezio travelled to Constantinople so why can't Connor go to France considering he was invited :p

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Not to mention his experience with revolutionS. Could be a surprise character so theres no telling what Ubi has in store. And if not, then we have Comet or the next AC or the next lol

Also, Ezio travelled to Constantinople so why can't Connor go to France considering he was invited :p

cuz Connor isn't pure

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:07 AM
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/insertcoin/files/2013/11/ac2.jpg

well according to this Connor is from the patrinial line and french line of desmond is in the matrinial line. So Connor won't be getting any french booty it seems :rolleyes:

rprkjj
06-05-2014, 04:09 AM
@rprkjj

I meant for his character. It would be too convenient and shoehorned for him to just pop up in France to visit a friend when he's pulled into some conflict. Also the Northwest Indian War happens at pretty much the same time as the French Revolution, so I doubt that he wouldn't be in America.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 04:09 AM
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/insertcoin/files/2013/11/ac2.jpg

well according to this Connor is from the patrinial line and french line of desmond is in the matrinial line. So Connor won't be getting any french booty it seems :rolleyes:
im confused... Connor and Arno are related?

Radman500
06-05-2014, 04:11 AM
cuz Connor isn't pure pure? what are you talking about? huh

rprkjj
06-05-2014, 04:12 AM
im confused... Connor and Arno are related?

Arno is related to Desmond's mom, and Connor is related to Desmond's dad. They aren't related themselves.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:12 AM
@radman

no they're not. two different branches assuming Arno is even desmond's ancestor.

@rp

I see what you mean. but I want it to happen anyway. Ubisoft took the time to forshadow it. No sense in going back now.

rprkjj
06-05-2014, 04:14 AM
@radman

no they're not. two different branches assuming Arno is even desmond's ancestor.

@rp

I see what you mean. but I want it to happen anyway. Ubisoft took the time to forshadow it. No sense in going back now.

As I stated, there's more sense in going back now than not. I only expect a cameo if anything.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 04:15 AM
so lets speculate on the black guy , the long haired guy and the guy in the hat....what do you guys think

only the guy to the right and the girl to the left of Arno are wearing hoods?

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:19 AM
@rp

agreed

@rad

black guy is main character's bud, long haired guy is mentor, guy in hat is templar he unites with.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 04:23 AM
@rp

agreed

@rad

black guy is main character's bud, long haired guy is mentor, guy in hat is templar he unites with.

and the 2 hooded characters are his co-op partners?

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 04:25 AM
black guy is token black

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:25 AM
@radman

the leak co-op picture didn't have any assassin looking like a woman, but it's possible.

Still vouching for connor unless someone convinces me one could be a woman. Then I'll say connor is likely a DLC character

rprkjj
06-05-2014, 04:46 AM
@radman

the leak co-op picture didn't have any assassin looking like a woman, but it's possible.

Still vouching for connor unless someone convinces me one could be a woman. Then I'll say connor is likely a DLC character

The assassin on the left in the spin-to-win could probably pass for a woman.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:52 AM
wait where?pic please. I don't remember seeing an assassin on the spin-to-win thing.

or are you talking about the picture with the three assassins? If so, I don't see it.

rprkjj
06-05-2014, 05:05 AM
https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/1912303_1430771650524197_2430005636684638749_n.jpg

The one on the left.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 05:12 AM
maaaaaybe.

those cheekbones just make me think male.

but i guess it could pass as a woman

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 05:26 AM
Man, I must be the only one on here who preferred Arno's initial design but oh well.

This still looks good and fits the time period alot more. I guess I just liked the leather thing on his shoulders for some reason, here's hoping for it to be a skin kinda like Achilies' outfit which had a striking resembelance to Connor's target video outfit.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 05:28 AM
I like both of Arno's designs.

But I did like his leather shoulderpads. maybe it'll be an alternate costume?

Radman500
06-05-2014, 05:37 AM
do you guys think this artwork is legit though or fanmade?

Farlander1991
06-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Regarding the whole Darby/no beak/Edward thing.

a) Darby is a writer, but AC is a team project and as a lead writer of AC4 he still influences the character's (especially the main ones) look.
b) Darby was talking about the creative decisions behind Edward's outfit (which most likely was the very first Assassin outfit they were designing for the game) rather than an in-game universe explanation of which Assassins have beaks.
c) Other Assassins not having beaks in AC4 doesn't have anything to do with how Assassiny they are, but with the production values and realities (read: more efficient to give one hood that works perfectly well on a game model to everybody than have different kinds of hoods and get unexpected problems with them,because there are oh so many things yet to be done and hood variety is somewhere on the lower end of the priority list)

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 05:40 AM
@rad

waaaaaaay too legit to be fake

@farlander

I wonder what kinds of hoods are in store in the future :rolleyes:

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Man... I hope that outfit comes in white and red.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 06:16 AM
arno a fencing expert?

wvstolzing
06-05-2014, 06:21 AM
arno a fencing expert?

He has to be. I mean, Captain Picard was French, and he sure was a fencer.

poptartz20
06-05-2014, 07:39 AM
ahhh.. man. I'm not gonna lie I'm lovin Arno's look. It's just sooo... French.

also Love the fact that he is using a rapier! It means that he will be more than likely using some fencing moves for combat! Also as far as the black man goes I though it might have been Toussaint L'Ouverture but he was more involved with Haiti vs being in France. Then I also thought It was Alexandre Dumas, but he died before the war even started. So my guess it that he is maybe a fake character?

I'm glad there was finally some kind of leak! geez! about time lol!

shobhit7777777
06-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Is..is he... duckfacing?

GunnerGalactico
06-05-2014, 08:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JKnzS4w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xoK95mw.jpg

I'm loving his outfit... it looks very regal. The people at the back definitely look like recruits. Things look promising so far... I hope we get more leaks before E3 ;)

Kaschra
06-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Dammit, his design is really awesome :D

Locopells
06-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Ooh!

Why does this stuff alwasy happen when I'm asleep/gotta go to work?!

Sushiglutton
06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Now this is the leakysoft I know and love! Hard to deduce much, but the guy in the upper right corner reminds me a bit of Danton:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSskDbKOffgvJGfgV7CB7e_eYZwLjQ6X 2tU0SV0bThQ_4wfHZJ-

Reptilis91
06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
I suppose the girl is Charlotte Corday.

m4r-k7
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
In regards to the beak thing. In some pictures such as the trailer, and this new concept art, he does not have a beak. But on the spin thing he does have a beak. Maybe he earns it? I am pretty sure the original leak that has been 100% correct so far says he is the leader of the French division of Assassins. So all the guys behind him on this concept art are other French assassins whilst he is leading them, thus represented by him being in the centre. He definitely is looking bulkier than the original trailer which is quite good as he did look super slim in the trailer. I hope they are going to adopt more similarities with AC 1 with this game. I know AC 1 was repetitive, but the thing about that game that struck me and still does is that you feel like an assassin. The core mechanics were there which was improved in AC 2. However, after AC 2 I feel they were moving out of those core mechanics, more into a "main stream" fighter type character. I am happy they put a lot of stealth in AC 4. I just really want this game to draw more influence from AC 1 as they have been moving in another direction. AC 1 was exactly what AC is about. Get a target, be stealthy, use environment to your advantage, kill, get out, and then the combat was the thing you resort to last. I hope the combat has more variety and I hope the gameplay is mixed with AC 1 + AC 2 for the "assassin feel" whilst giving you the freedom of AC 4.

Also, I dont think Connor will be a co-op player. He may very well make an appearance though. The developers have said they have finished the Kenway saga. Secondly, Ubisoft know how much people didn;t like Connor (I didn't mind him) and 3) Devs have said that Connor is no longer having any more games. None of the assassins behind Arno in this new concept art looks like Connor at all.

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 12:06 PM

That makes me think, this is probably a very far fetched theory but this is just what I am thinking.

Maybe just maybe the person who is being guillotined in the trailer is one of the last of his assassin buds and maybe Robespierre has betrayed or begun discriminating against the assassins.

The french brotherhood is almost completely destroyed. Arno might have been an associate of Roberspierre before he went nuts and is thus partially blamed for this and is demoted AC1 style, this might explain the change in design here and thus begins his quest to rebuild the brotherhood and regain his rank.

Because I find it a bit odd that they had that concept art of his outfit quite early but still used the old and outdated model in the sneak peak (I know it was not intended to be put out but still, it does not take that long to make one model right? Especially for the main character).

Anyways this is just another one of my crackpot theories which will probably turn out horrendusly wrong, but hey it's fun speculating right?

Will_Lucky
06-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Finally, good to hear something out of Ubisoft after the last couple of months :p.

Farlander1991
06-05-2014, 12:17 PM
If we're gonna have a mission where we have to assassinate one of our assassin allies I'm gonna be so happy.

I mean, I'm gonna be mortified, but it's going to be so awesome.

And where we assassinate the ally not because (s)he betrays us, or the assassins ideals. And not because we betray anybody. But because when Nothing is true and everything is permitted, two can still hold widely opposed views that are incompatible in a time of turmoil like the French revolution.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 12:23 PM
OMFG why is Arno POUTING.

JESUS.

WHY.

Wolfmeister1010
06-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Wow..We have been so spoiled by the previous games in which we got trailers all through march and april and may. I didn't think I would make it..It has certainly been a rough 3 months.

But..we made it!

I wonder what the fan reaction will be if Connor is actually a co op option and he is shown at E3..

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Wow..We have been so spoiled by the previous games in which we got trailers all through march and april and may. I didn't think I would make it..It has certainly been a rough 3 months.

But..we made it!

I wonder what the fan reaction will be if Connor is actually a co op option and he is shown at E3..
bad

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 02:26 PM

But..we made it!

Shocked!

And all the Connor fangirls would suddenly become.... hot lol

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 02:35 PM
you dirty sickos

SixKeys
06-05-2014, 03:06 PM
THAT OUTFIT BETTER BE HIS FINAL IN-GAME DESIGN. DO NOT CHANGE A THING.

I don't care about anything else in this picture, just give me dat outfit.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 04:02 PM
judging from the outfit would you guys say Arno is upper class/elite status?

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 04:05 PM
I would say hes a bloody pouting selfie mess.

SERIOUSLY. THE POUT. WHY.

jayjay275
06-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Outfit looks awesome, but looks like concept work to me.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Outfit looks awesome, but looks like concept work to me.
its exactly the same pose that the earlier poster leak was....instead of holding a small blade, he is holding a rapier

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
@marvel

that's possible

@farlander

omigosh yes. let me assassinate an assassin.Not a traitor assassin, but a true assassin.

Shahkulu101
06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Imagine the uproar from idiots of we killed an Assassin though - that's the majority by the way...

m4r-k7
06-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Imagine the uproar from idiots of we killed an Assassin though - that's the majority by the way...

Haha thats true although I felt really bad at the beggining of AC 4 when we pretended to be a traitor and had to kill all those assassins that ambushed us.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:45 PM
There was already uproar when Edward could assassinate using assassin skills with little to no training. Another one ain't so bad. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
06-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Haha thats true although I felt really bad at the beggining of AC 4 when we pretended to be a traitor and had to kill all those assassins that ambushed us.

It's good to feel uncomfortable - to have the narrative challenge your emotions.

m4r-k7
06-05-2014, 04:55 PM
It's good to feel uncomfortable - to have the narrative challenge your emotions.

Yep that is very true my friend. Hope the story is incredible this time around and challenge our emotions to a higher degree. French Revolution could provide the game on a more emotional level. I don't think AC 3 and the American Revolution captivated me much, when it should have.

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 04:56 PM
French Revolution should have a lot more shock value, seeing all those heads cut off.

m4r-k7
06-05-2014, 05:03 PM
On a side note. I hope AC Unitys cover will draw resemblence from the AC 1 and AC 2 box arts as they emphasised stealth whereas AC 3 and AC 4 emphasised more of the warrior type. I want the assassin in the centre with the kind of animus crowd behind as seen on AC 1 and AC 2. Gives it a more "assassiny" feel to it, but I guess it won't happen as AC is becoming more mass market than when it was during AC 1 and AC 2s time.
http://firsthour.net/screenshots/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-cover.jpg
http://fiaren.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/ac2_pack_small-741281.jpg

Sushiglutton
06-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Do you guys and gals think this picture is in game? I was looking at the character slightly to the left of the center and he looks a bit iffy for CGI. I'm no good at telling these things thogh.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10441394_643383049077445_711526311455167946_n.jpg

ze_topazio
06-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I bet the black dude is going to be the first to kick the bucket, followed by the lady.

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I bet the black dude is going to be the first to kick the bucket, followed by the lady.

the way it should be

poptartz20
06-05-2014, 05:47 PM

D: Noooo! then again that's usually how it happens. lol.

then on the other hand look at Ade!

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I think its in game. Too dodgy to be CGI.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Do you guys and gals think this picture is in game? I was looking at the character slightly to the left of the center and he looks a bit iffy for CGI. I'm no good at telling these things thogh.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10441394_643383049077445_711526311455167946_n.jpg

Def in game.. the scaling looks perfect! It hasnt been so good since ACR ;D

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 06:38 PM
The graphics look so good I refuse to believe they're in-game until i play it myself.

Though I probably won't be able to run it on my PC.

Sucks if I have to buy it for PS4, then buy it again for PC afterwards once I get a better PC.

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 06:38 PM
I think its in game. Too dodgy to be CGI.

It's not In-Game, quoted from someone who quoted their Facebook page on another thread.

"Please note, this is not a screenshot and the visual is not meant to be representative of the game itself, tune in June 9th for the live reveal of Assassin's Creed Unity."

Radman500
06-05-2014, 06:50 PM
some people on reddit think this artwork is fanmade....hahahahhah lol

its way tooo detailed for it to be fanmade, and matches exactly the poster that was leaked months ago

this is legit, it might be early concept art, but its totally official

Sushiglutton
06-05-2014, 06:53 PM
It's not In-Game, quoted from someone who quoted their Facebook page on another thread.

"Please note, this is not a screenshot and the visual is not meant to be representative of the game itself, tune in June 9th for the live reveal of Assassin's Creed Unity."

Thanks for clearing that up :). It's so dumb of me to keep speculate with only a few days left haha

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks for clearing that up :). It's so dumb of me to keep speculate with only a few days left haha

Nah don't worry I just speculated earlier today on this same thread. It's not dumb, it's fun (hehe that rhymes).

Reptilis91
06-05-2014, 07:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/q74/s720x720/10401899_510620365705544_7045071923157364745_n.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Someone better clean that mess up.

ze_topazio
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Stupid Assassins wasting some good French wine.

Megas_Doux
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/q74/s720x720/10401899_510620365705544_7045071923157364745_n.jpg

CGI, definitely.

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 07:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuOq0Twz31w

Someone must have seen some serious s***!

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Weird. These two pictures we have so far remind me of the AC2 trailer of Ezio at the Carnival... Seems like we will get a CGI trailer with this scene of Arno killing a high up templar or something in his own palace type thing

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 07:26 PM
nah connor was the first socially awkward assassin

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 07:36 PM
nah connor was the first socially awkward assassin

Uh.. whats that got to do with anything?

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Uh.. whats that got to do with anything?

I made a comment about it, then edited it to something less lame and unfunny and thus am responsible for emberassing Mayrice. I can be such a jerk sometimes.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 07:40 PM
I made a comment about it, then edited it to something less lame and unfunny and thus am responsible for emberassing Mayrice. I can be such a jerk sometimes.

Ha, well then I change my post too "Why is Mayrices' avatar pouty Arno -_-"

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Because a pouty assassin is a sexy assassin :rolleyes:

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Ha, well then I change my post too "Why is Mayrices' avatar pouty Arno -_-"

Man you really don't like that face do you? You've made like 3 posts about it. Can't wait until they change the forum background!

poptartz20
06-05-2014, 07:45 PM
That glass is way too small to contain that much wine and the wine looks more like blood than wine.
4/10 Game of the Year - IGN

Hahah Dafuq... For some odd reason I keep snickering at this.

welcome Tenvern!

I agree.. when I saw it I thought it was closer to blood too! Either way I like the picture. it depicts the downfall of the... ugh never mind. It looks pretty.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Man you really don't like that face do you? You've made like 3 posts about it. Can't wait until they change the forum background!

I bloody hate it! Why would he pull that face. I'd be more scared he wanted to bum me!

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I bloody hate it! Why would he pull that face. I'd be more scared he wanted to bum me!

But the creepy stalker Edward prepetually staring at us in the background is perfectly fine :rolleyes:

It's just concept art probably, he'll probably look different in-game (I hope).

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Heck no. Don't change Arno's design.

I'd love to play as Alex Mercer 2.0 in Assassin's Creed :rolleyes:

DinoSteve1
06-05-2014, 08:06 PM
lol didn't see it before but now in your avater, its duckface.

poptartz20
06-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks, though I used to post quite alot under a different account back in 2012 and early 2013, though I lost the email for it, but it's okay, it had a stupid name anyway xD

Now you have me curious... what was it!? LOL!

@ pac it'll be okay mate! LOL the are is probably concept anyways? maybe? Maybe not?

Radman500
06-05-2014, 08:08 PM
so you guys think this artwork is legit or fanmade?

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 08:11 PM
I loooove Arno's character design. Wanna give him a smoochy.

Now I want him to be super obnoxious so I will have many regrets.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 08:11 PM
But the creepy stalker Edward prepetually staring at us in the background is perfectly fine :rolleyes:

It's just concept art probably, he'll probably look different in-game (I hope).

Yeah probs. Just like White Connor and "game" Connor.

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Yeah probs. Just like White Connor and "game" Connor.

Uhmmmm white Connor?

Daz racist

Radman500
06-05-2014, 08:13 PM
guys some people on reddit think thie artwork of arno and his friends is fake/fanmade

what do you guys think

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Uhmmmm white Connor?

Daz racist

Nope. I've said it loads of times before and its something that really bothers me. I have 3 posters of Connor in my room. He is Caucasian in all of them. Even on the box art. Yet when you play the game he is so brown, different nose etc.

SixKeys
guys some people on reddit think thie artwork of arno and his friends is fake/fanmade

what do you guys think

No

JustPlainQuirky
@radman

you asked this like 5 times already.

It's legit.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
but how do we know this real... when i first posted it at first it looked real, but i just dont know to trust its authenticy

JustPlainQuirky
06-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Well I trust it. You can go ahead and think it's fake but it's real to me.

The concept art is spot-on.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Well I trust it. You can go ahead and think it's fake but it's real to me.

The concept art is spot-on.

I also think its real but... 4 days we will know and I'm not that bothered

DinoSteve1
06-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Ugh now all I can see is duckface, damn you whomever first noticed it.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Ugh now all I can see is duckface, damn you whomever first noticed it.

Me!

EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT. IT ANNOYS ME.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 08:30 PM
If it does turn out to be fake, that'll be some good badass talent that pulled it off. I'll take it with a grain of salt since it's not officially stated from Ubisoft/AC...

Radman500
06-05-2014, 08:31 PM
the concept art matches the chemical revolution artwork looking from the back, so means this must be the updated outfit

as you can see they got rid of the leather shoulder pad thingies from the first trailer of unity

SixKeys
06-05-2014, 08:31 PM
It's just that artist's particular style. I'm pretty sure the same artist did some concept art for AC4 where Edward looked like he was pouting too.

Radman500
06-05-2014, 08:34 PM
so this must be the final outfit since they got rid of the leather shoulder pad type things

oliacr
06-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Soso haha come now don't be shy.

m4r-k7
06-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Nope. I've said it loads of times before and its something that really bothers me. I have 3 posters of Connor in my room. He is Caucasian in all of them. Even on the box art. Yet when you play the game he is so brown, different nose etc.

Also on the box art, Connors suit has hardly any hints of blue on it, its a lighter outfit, with more white and cream elements, rather than white and blue. I hope the newer outfits the real one as I hated those leather straps on the unity trailer

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 08:55 PM
meow cats meow delete this mods, posted on wrong thread -_-

Radman500
06-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Also on the box art, Connors suit has hardly any hints of blue on it, its a lighter outfit, with more white and cream elements, rather than white and blue. I hope the newer outfits the real one as I hated those leather straps on the unity trailer

Connor is technically Half-White, Half Native American

so....:rolleyes:

m4r-k7
06-05-2014, 08:57 PM
I believe the exact opposite, well since this is the internet, we know what that means; Let's FIGHT!

Well you don't have to be that harsh man...

I respect your opinion - oh wait I forgot about the rule where everyone has to fight over everything. In that case, game on man lets fight to the death! xD

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I respect your opinion - oh wait I forgot about the rule where everyone has to fight over everything. In that case, game on man lets fight to the death! xD

Nooo, you ruined my edit to move it to the other thread! Now the mods are going to find out what I have done! NOOOO

deskp
06-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I hope theres some csotume progression in the game, the one frm the reveal trailer looks much better, this one from the art looks abit overdesigned and fancy. But we can imagine as the story goes on he gets more fancy clothes.If thats the case I just hope well be able to switch back to al the various costumes we'd worn in the game.

pacmanate
06-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I hope theres some csotume progression in the game, the one frm the reveal trailer looks much better, this one from the art looks abit overdesigned and fancy.

Well firstly its concept
Secondly, he's french ;P

poptartz20
06-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Hahah Umm... what happen to Pac?

Auto Ban?

DinoSteve1
06-05-2014, 09:30 PM
wow people getting banned all over the place, are posts deleted when people get banned?

marvelfannumber
06-05-2014, 09:31 PM

Auto Ban?

Well you see what happened to Pac is.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0KgQbQzZv0

Sorry I couldn't resist...

STDlyMcStudpants
06-05-2014, 09:31 PM

Auto Ban?

Not sure.. i thought maybe a strike for the E3 thread?

Tenvern
06-05-2014, 09:34 PM
People are getting banned all over the place today, what's going on?

Shahkulu101
06-05-2014, 09:37 PM
It's an auto ban thing to counter spammers...if you post 10 times in 5 minutes (or something idk) you get automatically banned. Existing members always get unbanned though.

I-Like-Pie45
06-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Try posting a lot in a short amount of time.

You'll find out pretty quickly. :)

Tenvern
06-05-2014, 09:39 PM
It deletes your post though.. seems a bit excessive, how long does it last?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-05-2014, 09:39 PM
... I'm scared to post now O_O;;; lol

Megas_Doux
06-05-2014, 09:59 PM

Auto Ban?

http://www.autobahn-speedhunter.com/img/german-autobahn-logo2.png

I could not resist haha.

DumbGamerTag94
06-05-2014, 10:28 PM
the concept art matches the chemical revolution artwork looking from the back, so means this must be the updated outfit

as you can see they got rid of the leather shoulder pad thingies from the first trailer of unity

Yes I agree you can tell from the military style chords on his left shoulder in both this and the chemical rev pic.

It makes me wonder if Arno has military background. Since the leaked pic in the pony tail thread looks to me like he is in a military uniform and not Assassins robes. Does anyone else see that?

prince162010
06-05-2014, 10:41 PM
What the! .. amazing !!!!!!!!

poptartz20
06-05-2014, 11:17 PM
ahhh! okay good too know!

Lol nice job at the funnies you guys!

Locopells
06-06-2014, 01:05 AM

Auto Ban?

Yep! And fixed.

Not like that ever happened to me...

Radman500
06-06-2014, 01:21 AM
the black guy could possibly be Thomas-Alexander Dumas, who was a mixed race (son of a wealthy white frenchman and an african slave) who became the first person of color to be a brigader general in the French Army during the French Revolution

Radman500
06-06-2014, 03:03 AM
i just cant wait man

Ichrukia56
06-06-2014, 04:51 AM
the black guy could possibly be Thomas-Alexander Dumas, who was a mixed race (son of a wealthy white frenchman and an african slave) who became the first person of color to be a brigader general in the French Army during the French Revolution

I again with you he does look very siminal to the picture so he could just be him.

Radman500
06-06-2014, 04:53 AM
I again with you he does look very siminal to the picture so he could just be him.

he is probably an ally of Arno

or could be a templar?

LoyalACFan
06-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Seems like I never drop by the forums until after the big leaks have already been discussed for dozens of pages :rolleyes:

Haven't read through all the responses/theories yet, but I'm just going to say this; Arnaud looks cool as hell, and I'm surprised Lafayette isn't here. Unless he's the old guy in the middle? I wouldn't think he'd have aged that much since AC3.

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 05:05 AM
u won't see my posts cuz they got deleted Q-Q

And I would love for lafayette to be involved.

LoyalACFan
06-06-2014, 05:27 AM

I'd be stunned if he wasn't involved somehow.

Also, why is everyone flipping out about the duckface/pout thing? It's not like his face is going to be permanently frozen in that position in the game... it's ONE piece of concept art, one that'll likely be forgotten once we get some 3D renders of the guy.

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 05:32 AM
his pout is pretty hot IMO

pacmanate
06-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I'd be stunned if he wasn't involved somehow.

Also, why is everyone flipping out about the duckface/pout thing? It's not like his face is going to be permanently frozen in that position in the game... it's ONE piece of concept art, one that'll likely be forgotten once we get some 3D renders of the guy.

#NeverForget

http://i.imgur.com/MaoGzFw.jpg?1?4263

Kirokill
06-06-2014, 12:30 PM
#NeverForget

http://i.imgur.com/MaoGzFw.jpg?1?4263

I hated his face just right when I saw it. We better not have a face like this on the box art, or ima make my own one for it.

pacmanate
06-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Maybe he got punched in the lip for looking like an ***

Tenvern
06-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I personally think he has an amazing face, in the words of the wise.
Such emotion.

ArabianFrost
06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Hannibal Lecter would wince at your discourtesy then continue to eat yer flesh.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-06-2014, 02:43 PM

I'm sure Lafayette will be there. He played a big part in the French Rev. He was also captured and released, went to America and back, so I'm sure we'll play with him again :)

m4r-k7
06-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Just wanted to copy the original leak into this thread, just to express how true this guy was. Noone believed him at first, but its exactly what Unity is. The logo is the same as what he said, he says that the suit might change. I hope London is in it and villa management? Seems awesome!

"set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more."

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 03:49 PM
woo my posts are back :D

Locopells
06-06-2014, 04:22 PM
@m47-K7 - Doubt the villa thing's right, ACB shows the place as being untouched since 1500. Plus it's kinda out of the way for France. I'm gonna go with mistranslation...

Will_Lucky
06-06-2014, 04:25 PM
@m47-K7 - Doubt the villa thing's right, ACB shows the place as being untouched since 1500. Plus it's kinda out of the way for France. I'm gonna go with mistranslation...

Might have been something like a Villa thats heavily inspired by the Auditore one from AC:B.

Only way out of that is too retconn it and have it in game only to have it destroyed again at the end or in a future installment. Of course thats just really screwing with the story as far as I'm concerned. I'm not against the idea of visiting it theoretically while he was chasing Napoleon in Italy but not like that.

m4r-k7
06-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Yup maybe, although the thing I am looking forward to most is if London is in the game. Paris + London = OMG, great settings for AC game, wanted London for a while.

Wolfmeister1010
06-06-2014, 04:32 PM
The answer is very obvious. Obviously it was a mistranslation. He probably meant to say that it was "like the villa in AC2", not "it IS the villa in AC2"

I-Like-Pie45
06-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Does anyone suppose we'll be meeting Johanna Constantine and Orpheus's head? They did play a pivotal role in French Revolution after all.

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I reckon we'll see every notable historical figure in the french revolution.

Reptilis91
06-06-2014, 05:56 PM
For today :

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10374878_334918359989893_2585639684328454844_n.jpg

Megas_Doux
06-06-2014, 05:57 PM
I reckon we'll see every notable historical figure in the french revolution.

I hope it does NOT suffer from the AC III syndrome though, pushing historical events and figures out of the door, just because! I mean, midnight ride, Connor present during the Second Continental Congress, Declaration of Independence etc etc.......

And the last two that just do NOT make any sense.

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Collect these pages...because Benjamin freakin' Franklin!

and yes Connor being there during the signing of the decleration of independence was hilariously awkward. Probably because I regonize that history most.

Reptilis91
06-06-2014, 06:06 PM
So, for the moment :

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10365714_334223573392705_3668882304960460512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/1527000_334560910025638_7859742122960644048_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10374878_334918359989893_2585639684328454844_n.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
So I'm guessing trailer consists of Arno beating the crap out of people in versailles, showing his new skills in the proccess?

Hans684
06-06-2014, 06:18 PM
So I'm guessing trailer consists of Arno beating the crap out of people in versailles, showing his new skills in the proccess?

And everyone is stoned.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-06-2014, 06:21 PM
So, for the moment :

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10365714_334223573392705_3668882304960460512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/1527000_334560910025638_7859742122960644048_n.jpg

What the heck is going on in there? lol Must be one hell of a party :p

prince162010
06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
So, for the moment :

Amazing ! , now we got three pics , so we still have to wait for the two pics :rolleyes: tomorrow , then after tomorrow ;)

DinoSteve1
06-06-2014, 06:37 PM
What the heck is going on in there? lol Must be one hell of a party :p

It looks like someone is firing guns from the outside in, but in slow motion.

slo mo for AC5 confirmed.

pacmanate
06-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Maybe one of the Assassin recruit abilities, if that returns, is that they can all throw rocks at windows.

marvelfannumber
06-06-2014, 07:04 PM
So, for the moment :

Man, that's one heck of a food fight, or well drink fight. Since when was Versailles a schools cantina? Those aristocrats and their drinks..... it doesn't grow on trees you guys!

Locopells
06-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Does anyone, with a working knowledge of the French Revolution, know of any incident like this, of people throwing stuff/firing at Versailles?

marvelfannumber
06-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Does anyone, with a working knowledge of the French Revolution, know of any incident like this, of people throwing stuff/firing at Versailles?

I know during the womens march of Versailles they were armed with cannons and muskets but no shots were fired as far as I can recall. This ended with a storming of the palace out of desperation, but this mostly just damaged the interior (such as doors of furniture). I can't recall anything this extreme (aside from some head decapitations).

Reptilis91
06-06-2014, 07:43 PM
I think it's the Women's March, but I'm pretty sure the crowd invaded the Palace during the night, not the day. The afternoon they were calmed by talks and Lafayette's intervention.

marvelfannumber
06-06-2014, 07:49 PM
I think it's the Women's March, but I'm pretty sure the crowd invaded the Palace during the night, not the day. The afternoon they were calmed by talks and Lafayette's intervention.

Well atleast according to Wikipedia:

"At about six o'clock in the morning, some of the protesters discovered a small gate to the palace was unguarded. Making their way inside, they searched for the queen's bedchamber. The royal guards raced throughout the palace, bolting doors and barricading hallways and those in the compromised sector, the cour de marbre, fired their guns at the intruders, killing a young member of the crowd. Infuriated, the rest surged towards the breach and streamed inside."

It would actually make sense for Arno to be here unlike most of the event in AC3, because it is a wild and chaotic riot, it would be quite easy for an Assassin to sneak inside to get his target without being detected or whatever he is doing there.

Locopells
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Interesting read. Lafayette's a complex one as well...

deskp
06-06-2014, 08:15 PM
why do they spoil their cgi trailer image by image?

Radman500
06-06-2014, 08:17 PM
so i looked up fencing videos, since arno will probably have that type of fighting style seeing he is holding a rapier and france is the birthplace of fencing

but it looks terribly ineffective as a fighting style against multiple enemies....... what do you guys think

Reptilis91
06-06-2014, 08:18 PM
A glass of wine is a spoiler? A window is a spoiler? :p

We know the place, indeed, but it's not a big deal.

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Spoiler alert: A hat falls down.

Might as well not buy the game now.

I-Like-Pie45
06-06-2014, 08:35 PM
He will eat cake

and there will be crying and the gnashing of teeth - teeth that are eating cake and crying of those who arent eating cake

GunnerGalactico
06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Has anyone read the book called "A Tale of Two Cities" ?

JustPlainQuirky
06-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure 90% of english classes require you read that.

That being said, no I have not read it. :rolleyes:

But I am playing Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons :rolleyes:

Was going to go to a graduation party but I have stuff to do.

GunnerGalactico
06-06-2014, 08:44 PM
I read that on my own and it was not even a set work novel from school :rolleyes:

Radman500
06-06-2014, 08:46 PM
can someone post a side by side between Connor and Arno?

TheHumanTowel
06-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Have Mayrice and GunnerGalatico confused this for the off-topic thread?

GunnerGalactico
06-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Has anyone read the posts on the previous page? :rolleyes:

TheHumanTowel
06-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Has anyone read the posts on the previous page? :rolleyes:
Sorry I didn't realise A Tale of Two Cities was about the French Revolution. But Mayrice's post about her plans for graduation and what game she's playing has nothing to do with anything

GunnerGalactico
06-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Sorry I didn't realise A Tale of Two Cities was about the French Revolution. But Mayrice's post about her plans for graduation and what game she's playing has nothing to do with anything

Apology accepted.

I-Like-Pie45
06-06-2014, 08:57 PM
I expect at least one side character sent to the guillotine in Arnold's place.

GunnerGalactico
06-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't think so... I just thought that Arno's look may have been inspired by Charles Darnay.

I-Like-Pie45
06-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Maybe Arnold himself is sent to the guillotine in somebody's place

Sushiglutton
06-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Has anyone read the book called "A Tale of Two Cities" ?

I did after I found out where AC:U would be set. Yeah I'm a nerd like that ;). It was quite good. Not enough revolution-stuff for my needs, but it had some interesting characters (really liked Sydney Carton).