PDA

View Full Version : AC4 and other game saves not showing up

CatFlusher
06-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I beat ac4 and was in the middle of ac3 and farcry 3 and I re-installed Uplay because of some issue I was having with it, and when I play the games again my saves aren't showing up in game... I checked my Ubisoft and Uplay folders and the folders show up for the saves but they don't work in game.

is there a way i can find the path of the saved games uplay is looking for so i can see if its even reading it or not? I had all the DLC for ac4 and I would really like to start playing AC4 MP again but I would have to start from level 1

Locopells
06-05-2014, 12:22 AM
If you reinstalled in the same location, it should work fine. Are they completely missing, or claiming to be corrupted/damaged?

CatFlusher
06-05-2014, 06:24 AM
It's on the same drive, same location, just the directory name is different (from C to E) and I did not move uplay or my gamesaves. they just arent showing up in game when i try to continue or load game.

my watch dogs save loads up just fine(which is in the same folder as my ac4 save in ubisoft game launcher > savegames > random numbers and letters ) but i installed and played that afterwards

Locopells
06-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Sounds like you either need to reinstall your games then, or mess with the registry setting to check that they reflect the drive letter change.

Anykeyer
06-06-2014, 06:24 AM
AC4 and ACL have their cloud storage disabled. And Uplay clears local save games when you uninstall it. You probably lost your progress in single player.
AC4 MP doesnt save any data locally (except for settings), so you wont have to start from level 1 again.

Locopells
06-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Erm...you said the save folders were there - you did check that the saves were in them, right?

CatFlusher
06-13-2014, 01:07 AM
Erm...you said the save folders were there - you did check that the saves were in them, right?

Yes, I even went to the "help" section of AC4 to see where the save games were and they are in the same folder as described on that page (which is also in the same folder as my watch dogs save)

EDIT: Also, as Anykeyer said, my MP data is still where I left it(thank you). It just replayed the MP intro which is why I was confused.... Still not able to get my SP back to where it was though.

Locopells
06-13-2014, 01:18 AM
What files have you got in the 273 folder?

CatFlusher
06-13-2014, 01:22 AM
1.save
1.save.upload

I checked my registry and my 273 folder save data is on the same drive as where my game is installed

Locopells
06-13-2014, 01:38 AM
Oh...er, looks like you've lost the save. The 1 files are auto-created by the game, savegames of your own are numbered 2 and upwards. There did used to be an option to preserve save data when reinstalling, but looks like they have indeed been wiped, sorry to say.

CatFlusher
06-13-2014, 01:45 AM
Oh...er, looks like you've lost the save. The 1 files are auto-created by the game, savegames of your own are numbered 2 and upwards. There did used to be an option to preserve save data when reinstalling, but looks like they have indeed been wiped, sorry to say.

Thank you for the replies.

That's extremely unfortunate as I put alot of hours into the game collecting things.. You said there used to be an option to preserve save data when reinstalling, how would I go upon doing that? Or does that function no longer exist?

Locopells
06-13-2014, 02:08 AM
There did used to be a checkbox, during the process, but they might have removed it. Simplest way is to just backup before doing it.