PDA

View Full Version : Open world, how much freedom do you have?

VADER321961
06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
How large is the open world (free roam) concept of the game? Is it almost as large as watch dogs? And how much freedom do you have to do things? Like I know in watch dogs you can do things that aren't like guided if you know what I mean

DinoSteve1
06-03-2014, 03:44 PM
It doesn't matter how big the world is as long as memory sync remains we will never have true freedom.

GreySkellig
06-03-2014, 04:32 PM
To answer your question (I presume you're asking here specifically about Black Flag), the world is enormous--much larger than Watch Dogs in terms of area. However, much of that area is ocean. In Black Flag, the fun is in getting around. As you sail from one side of the map to the other, you run into lots of unscripted things to do: plunder ships, harpoon whales and sharks, sneak into smuggler's coves, dive shipwrecks, explore Mayan ruins, and much more. The map is covered with little locations that have things to do or secrets to find. Probably my favorite game as far as free-roam goes. (The story...somewhat less excellent.) That said, most locations (aside from the three main cities and a few jungles) are fairly small, and once you've done everything you may not be interested in returning. Even so, I've spent roughly 40 hours free roaming and still haven't done everything there is to do.

VADER321961
06-03-2014, 09:58 PM
To answer your question (I presume you're asking here specifically about Black Flag), the world is enormous--much larger than Watch Dogs in terms of area. However, much of that area is ocean. In Black Flag, the fun is in getting around. As you sail from one side of the map to the other, you run into lots of unscripted things to do: plunder ships, harpoon whales and sharks, sneak into smuggler's coves, dive shipwrecks, explore Mayan ruins, and much more. The map is covered with little locations that have things to do or secrets to find. Probably my favorite game as far as free-roam goes. (The story...somewhat less excellent.) That said, most locations (aside from the three main cities and a few jungles) are fairly small, and once you've done everything you may not be interested in returning. Even so, I've spent roughly 40 hours free roaming and still haven't done everything there is to do.

Ok cool thanks for answering my question