PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of fortune

Samammo
06-02-2014, 04:23 PM
At the end of each track when the wheel comes up with all the items, is there a way to get a certain item?
I always enlarge the item I want most, but is there a way to make it certain?
Thanks

Godmil
06-02-2014, 04:47 PM
No, some people have claimed to be quite consistent with the amount of spin they put on it, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly random.

xitooner
06-02-2014, 06:09 PM
No, some people have claimed to be quite consistent with the amount of spin they put on it, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly random.

Getting gold/plat score significantly improves your chances...... So does picking the right track for the item you want. The item listed in the bottom right corner for the track description will increase the most when you select it; for example Pike Alley prefers the Spring. Clearly, taking as much of the wheel as possible helps your chances.

That being said, if you try to be consistent about where on the wheel you spin (how far from the middle) and how hard you spin, you can find that you can't be perfect, but you can improve your chances some. Not always though... After enough spins you can tell that sometimes Frontier will artificially speed up /slow down the wheel on you.... Once I barely moved the wheel and it was about to stop...and it sped up on its own and did another half of the wheel! I won't say it's rigged...but it's not always consistent behavior.

Also, while your finger is on the wheel, you are free to move the wheel around to put your selection where you want (for what it's worth, with my spin I prefer my selection to be on the bottom of the wheels when I start). :)

Samammo
06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Getting gold/plat score significantly improves your chances...... So does picking the right track for the item you want. The item listed in the bottom right corner for the track description will increase the most when you select it; for example Pike Alley prefers the Spring. Clearly, taking as much of the wheel as possible helps your chances.

That being said, if you try to be consistent about where on the wheel you spin (how far from the middle) and how hard you spin, you can find that you can't be perfect, but you can improve your chances some. Not always though... After enough spins you can tell that sometimes Frontier will artificially speed up /slow down the wheel on you.... Once I barely moved the wheel and it was about to stop...and it sped up on its own and did another half of the wheel! I won't say it's rigged...but it's not always consistent behavior.

Also, while your finger is on the wheel, you are free to move the wheel around to put your selection where you want (for what it's worth, with my spin I prefer my selection to be on the bottom of the wheels when I start). :)

Mandrake2007
06-03-2014, 01:07 AM
After selecting the item I want I place the wheel so my desired object is to the left of 12 o'clock with the clacker resting in the last segment on the right. I place my finger on the wheel at 3 o'clock and pull it in a diagonal to 6 o'clock at a moderate pace. I aim for three full revolutions of the wheel.

This is the technique I have had most success with but it is far from an exact science.

The Tier 3 tracks seem as though they require a bit more force.

lespritdelescal
06-03-2014, 05:46 PM
I play on an nVidia Shield, which lets you record a swipe motion on the screen and enter it by using a button press. I did a test on one of the levels and while I sometimes came up with the same result, the results were often different as well.

xitooner
06-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I play on an nVidia Shield, which lets you record a swipe motion on the screen and enter it by using a button press. I did a test on one of the levels and while I sometimes came up with the same result, the results were often different as well.

Nice to know; thanks! I guess I shouldnt be knocking myself out quite so much trying to do the same swipe every time.... :)

Mandrake2007
06-08-2014, 05:40 PM
My technique is massively letting me down now when I need it most.

I'm on Static Attack. She wants a Titanium Chain, Piston and Pipe. Three items I had none of. After three days I've accumulated 2 tier IV pipes and a **** load of rusty parts I don't want.

Just to clarify that is 27 Tier 2 parts for three different items which totals 81 parts. I'm hitting about 1/5 of my spins now. So I should get this quest done in about 400 races. At 7 gas a pop that is 2800 gas. Three minutes per unit of gas equals 8400 minutes or 140 hours. That is if I don't go to bed or do anything else! I'm tempted to do the maths on how much it would cost me to bypass this quest but I think the answer would emotionally scar me.

I'm starting to hate this game.

And I know there will be more parts needed even after this ********.

Godmil
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Just to clarify that is 27 Tier 2 parts for three different items which totals 81 parts. I'm hitting about 1/5 of my spins now.
What track are you doing? if you get a gold or plat run you can usually enlarge the part to nearly half the wheel, which at worst should give you around 1:3 chance (yeah I know it should be closer to 1:2 but in practice I found I had terrible luck getting some of these parts). I think there are only two quests where you have to get T5 parts, then you're pretty much finished the game.

dimebaggdonny
04-19-2018, 07:06 PM
How do you record touches with nvidia shield?I tried downloading app but can't figure it out