PDA

View Full Version : [Watch_Dogs Spoiler] You Wot Blood

Shahkulu101
06-02-2014, 11:41 AM
So in one of W_D's side missions, you're tasked with killing Olivier Garneau from ACIV in a mission called "Requiescat in Pace"! Read more here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-assassins-creed-4-character-crosses-over-to-watch-dogs?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Proof that AC and W_D are in the same universes or just a neat little Easter Egg?

Markaccus
06-02-2014, 11:51 AM
So in one of W_D's side missions, you're tasked with killing Olivier Garneau from ACIV in a mission called "Requiescat in Pace"! Read more here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-assassins-creed-4-character-crosses-over-to-watch-dogs?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Proof that AC and W_D are in the same universes or just a neat little Easter Egg?

Probably just an easter egg. Ubi like doing that with all their games.

Shahkulu101
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Probably just an easter egg. Ubi like doing that with all their games.

B-b-but he acknowledges Garneau and his actions as if he is a real person in his world - W_D's universe. I choose to believe, not that it matters.

TheHumanTowel
06-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Darby says in that article they're just Easter eggs. And it should stay that way imo assassin's creed with all its magical apples and ancient gods doesn't really mesh well with other series.

Aphex_Tim
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Olivier did go missing at some point in AC4 and we didn't learn his fate in the game.

Markaccus
06-02-2014, 12:30 PM
B-b-but he acknowledges Garneau and his actions as if he is a real person in his world - W_D's universe. I choose to believe, not that it matters.

Ah well, i wouldn't know because i don't have W.D's. :D is it good??

Shahkulu101
06-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Ah well, i wouldn't know because i don't have W.D's. :D is it good??

Yes but not a must have. If you're holding out for a price drop - good on you.

Markaccus
06-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Yes but not a must have. If you're holding out for a price drop - good on you.

It's more of a "will I / Wont I like it" thing. I have watched one demo on-line and it seems complicated :D

Locopells
06-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Spoiler tags in future please - I would have liked to have found that out for myself...

pacmanate
06-02-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't believe Darby. This is more than an easter egg, why have a whole mission revolving around him, as well as having it perfectly tie in with AC4 and him leaving for Chicago?

Farlander1991
06-02-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't believe Darby. This is more than an easter egg, why have a whole mission revolving around him, as well as having it perfectly tie in with AC4 and him leaving for Chicago?

Because it doesn't matter (plotwise) where Olivier was going, so might as well be Chicago as a shot-out/tease to WD, and it doesn't matter how he dies (plotwise, we know that he's disappeared after we told the Assassins he's going to Chicago, so kinda figures), so might as well make a mission where a person has to die and that person is a shot-out/tease to AC?

In terms of AC, he HAS to go somewhere. In terms of WD, there has to be a convoy mission that's going to have the same amount of workhours put into it regardless of what it is, so why not have a little fun?

Kirokill
06-02-2014, 03:06 PM

T-bone has AC2 as we seen in the characters trailer. Abstergo Entertainment makes Assassin's Creed games. Olivier went missing the modern day, he's targeted by the brotherhood as it says. They're more than connected to me, they seem to be the same.
I don't have the game yet.

deskp
06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I think you can believe waht you want andd it dont matter. They will keep doing easter eggs people who believe its the same world will keep believeing that, but i dont see any major events going back and forth.

I do think they can coexist in the same universe, but from a production place you dont wanna do that caus you might end up constricting yourself. If for example the creators of AC wanna blow up new york, they might not be allowed incase watch_dogs would like to use it.

I-Like-Pie45
06-02-2014, 03:36 PM

nothing is true, everything is permitted

Shahkulu101
06-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh, sorry Loco. Wasn't thinking. :(

Farlander1991
06-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Loco, as a moderator you should know that such things as spoilers don't exist for you anymore, you have to get spoiled whether you want it or not ;) This is the sacrifice a moderator must make. And live with. For the rest of the whole moderator career. (Well, I presume you were speaking more for others than for yourself, but still :p ;) :D )

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 03:51 PM
This seems to be a little bit more than a simple easter egg....

Locopells
06-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Don't fret about it - was bound to happen to me, as you say Farlander - but yes, I am also speaking for more than just me, these days!

dxsxhxcx
06-02-2014, 04:09 PM
why have a whole mission revolving around him, as well as having it perfectly tie in with AC4 and him leaving for Chicago?

because people made a big deal of the disappearance of a "pointless" character to the (AC) plot, so like Farlander said, they probably thought it would be fun to use this in WD as an easter egg because it holds no relevance to the AC plot.

phoenix-force411
06-02-2014, 06:09 PM
It think this crossover stuff is just hilarious, but also very disappointing and misleading. Even if they are Easter Eggs, they shouldn't do this because fans are already pissed off enough as it is about the modern day time. This kinda makes the modern day lore very confusing, and with Olivier going missing this could be the reason why. But Ubisoft already said that the both universes DO NOT connect. What the heck is going on?

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 07:16 PM
This is more than just an Easter egg. Easter eggs are cute little nods to things that are improbable to exist in the same universe, like the giant squid in AC2 or the dead assassin next to a haybale in The Witcher. This actually required pre-planning on part of the writers to make the timelines match, meaning they wanted it to be not only possible but probable. I don't care what Darby says, this confirms that the games share the same universe.

Locopells
06-03-2014, 01:06 AM
I'm just gonna take them as both being in the same Universe, unless some major event contradicts that. I'll take the AC/FC games on the desk as the Easter Egg, since Abstergo never makes those...

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 01:43 AM
I am going with they are in the same universe. Its not like that hurts anything. That "easteregg" is too big to be a nod

LoyalACFan
06-03-2014, 03:39 AM
Slightly off-topic, but if you hack the computer in your lair/bunker thing, you get little recorded videos of people Blume has spied on. One of them is recorded from a Kinect/Move device, and it shows a teen playing an AC game while his dad watches and tells him the Animus corridor confessions are stupid :p

So, if we're really reading into this, it means AC and W_D are NOT in the same universe, because the kid playing the game refers to the Assassin as "he." The only game released by Abstergo in the in-game universe is Liberation, which has only Aveline. Edward's game would not have been released yet at the time that Olivier disappeared, so the game the kid was playing was an actual Assassin's Creed game released by Ubisoft, not Abstergo.

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Slightly off-topic, but if you hack the computer in your lair/bunker thing, you get little recorded videos of people Blume has spied on. One of them is recorded from a Kinect/Move device, and it shows a teen playing an AC game while his dad watches and tells him the Animus corridor confessions are stupid :p

So, if we're really reading into this, it means AC and W_D are NOT in the same universe, because the kid playing the game refers to the Assassin as "he." The only game released by Abstergo in the in-game universe is Liberation, which has only Aveline. Edward's game would not have been released yet at the time that Olivier disappeared, so the game the kid was playing was an actual Assassin's Creed game released by Ubisoft, not Abstergo.
Noop. I am sticking by it. It is not confirmed they were playing ASSASSINS CREED. It could easily be some other game...;P

I am sticking with shared universe. Just let me have this!!

AdamPearce
06-03-2014, 03:44 AM
Just an Easter Egg for some newcomers to be like ''awww so funny itz dat guy from the pirat game loool''

Anyway, Ubisoft failed it merging the Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed universes. How ? Simple.
In Watch_Dogs, there are covers illustrating Assassin's Creed III (my call is the W_D was planned before ACIV so they didn't put that one). Funny you may say. The problem is, Assassin's Creed does not exists in the Assassin's Creed universe. In AC IV, it is called something like ''The Demons of the Caribean'' (should've been the actual title.:rolleyes: ) and not Assassin's Creed. Though I'm not sure since Liberation is mentionned in Black Flag too, but let's stick to the facts.

So, since Assassin's Creed doesn't exists in the AC Universe, which is supposed to be the same as the W_D universe, this is an epic fail. Seriously it's just a detail but it's trough this kind of details that you can see how much the teams don't talk that much to each other, doesn't really matter when it's two different franchise, the real problem is when it extends into a multi developed one (franchise).

Jexx21
06-03-2014, 04:48 AM
I don't know if you noticed, but they have a bunch of ubisoft Assassin's Creed products in AC4's modern day as well that logically shouldn't actually exist in the Assassin's Creed world itself.

So it doesn't matter what games/advertisements they put in the Watch Dogs world itself as long as they don't bring large attention to it.

Anyway, my take on it is this: Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs, and Far Cry are all in the same universe but their stories will never directly intersect and the writers aren't going to take great care to actually make sure that the stories all correlate.

I'm just bummed that Watch_Dogs doesn't have a Far Cry 3 easter egg. Would have been cool to hear about the return of a group of people returning after being trapped on the Rook Islands due to the efforts of a young man.

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Of course they're connected

They've always been connected

They have to be connected

Kagurra
06-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Not this Universe thing again...

It was confirmed to be just easter eggs a long time ago.

Aphex_Tim
06-03-2014, 09:08 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10360396_10150410370454991_3319550639700593436_n.j pg?oh=cc0429234adb13388a9a2f3bb2b9192e&oe=53F53743&__gda__=1408748373_a37b385193e66e1c6123d5c817c53d2 a

Mr_Shade
06-03-2014, 12:47 PM
>>> spoilers_DedSec// upload: *1

Have you ever wondered if certain Ubisoft games are set in the same universe? Maybe you even saw a few Watch Dogs references when you played Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag. While we can’t confirm these games are actually within the same overarching universe, we’ve noticed a whole bunch of sly (and hidden) references in Watch Dogs.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-easter-eggs/

Shahkulu101
06-03-2014, 12:55 PM
I guess it remains ambiguous, in which case I choose to believe they're in the same universe but that their stories won't ever intertwine. In Assassins Creed, everything takes place in the background anyway and the wider world is none the wiser - so it all makes sense.

pacmanate
06-03-2014, 04:35 PM
>>> spoilers_DedSec// upload: *1

Have you ever wondered if certain Ubisoft games are set in the same universe? Maybe you even saw a few Watch Dogs references when you played Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag. While we can’t confirm these games are actually within the same overarching universe, we’ve noticed a whole bunch of sly (and hidden) references in Watch Dogs.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-easter-eggs/

If they cant confirm that normally means yes. Otherwise they would say no.

DumbGamerTag94
06-03-2014, 04:51 PM
I think you can believe waht you want andd it dont matter. They will keep doing easter eggs people who believe its the same world will keep believeing that, but i dont see any major events going back and forth.

I do think they can coexist in the same universe, but from a production place you dont wanna do that caus you might end up constricting yourself. If for example the creators of AC wanna blow up new york, they might not be allowed incase watch_dogs would like to use it.

What your saying doesn't make any sense. AC hasn't had a near future setting since AC3. All of the games from AC1-AC3 take place in 2012(due to the solar flare thing explained at the opening of AC3). And I'm not even sure they're all 2012 the others may be correlated to release as well I just can't recall any specifics in game to prove that. Everything starting with AC3 has been set in real time modern day in the year correlating to the game give maybe a year at most if not so. With AC3 coming out in 2012 and it's MD also 2012. Ac4 I don't believe specifies but it's safe to assume its 2013.

Now AC has a universe parallel to our own, and they like to reflect real life events I highly doubt they would ever blow up a city because it would shatter the illusion that it could actually be happening somewhere right now.

Wach_Dogs we also know takes place in current Chicago. One of the companies in that game is Blume. Which shows up in AC4(which means it's a real thing in the AC universe). And Abstergo is a thing in W_D universe because AC games are shown. And Aidens little speech there talks about Olivier taking part in genome testing and other stuff all fueled by "corporate greed". So with AC existing in that universe. Olivier existing there and he is recognized as a key figure in a corrupt corporation doing "heavy ****". Then Abstergo exists in W_D. And AC characters(olivier) exist there as well.

Add to that Olivier is going to Chicago in AC4 for a meeting. And boom a few months later there he is rolling up in limos to.......Chicago! The setting of Watch Dogs. Where he is ether killed or incapacitated by Aiden(idk it's hard to tell). And his little tag mentions being "targeted by the brotherhood". So it's very clear a BROTHERHOOD exists in WD. And from AC4 we know that brotherhood is the Assassins. And since Abstergo exists and so does the brotherhood(ie assassins). Therefore the Assassins and Templars exist in WD.

So since the games take place at the same time(modern day coinciding with the year of release). They feature the same corporations and organizations(Blume, Abstergo, The Brotherhood). And the same characters(Olivier). All with interconnected story(Olivier going to Chicago and then either killed or incapacitated by Aiden in Chicago. Where he is Targeted by the brotherhood). It's pretty hard to say they aren't the same Universe.

Now I highly doubt there would ever be a crossover because that would be stupid. But I do think they are coexisting in a Ubisoft version of our modern day. And occasionally things like this Olivier thing will happen but never any major plots will carry over because WD is not the Assassins. It's like Football leagues and baseball leagues both exist in real life, but they never interfere with eachother(they won't start playing baseball in the middle of a football game). But they both definately coexist because you can watch baseball one day and football another and be a fan of both. It's not like you can only watch one game like only football, but in another universe you watch baseball. No ya watch both because they are both a part of your world even though they never intermingle. Same situation here I think with WD and AC.

We can only have this proven entirely if in ACU someone I the assassins mentions finding Olivier dead or nearly dead on the side of a road in Chicago.

Jexx21
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Near future as a setting doesn't reference the actual dates but rather the level of technology present.

Almost all modern sci-fi stories would technically be classified as "near-future" at that point.

AC1-AC3 were all in the second half of 2012. AC4 was in Fall 2013, Watch Dogs is in Fall 2013 (correlates with the original release schedule). I'm presuming that both Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs are following the pattern of: the modern day stories take place around the [original] time of release.

Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs, and Far Cry all have easter eggs pointing at each other (AC4 and WD, FC3 and AC, WD and AC4) as part of the "Ubiverse" which is essentially just a fun way to tie games together and create marketing and to incite websites and people to talk about these things, which is a way of driving sales. Their stories will never intersect and there will probably be plotholes between the two stories if you took the time to seriously connect them.

One large plothole in the whole Assassin's Creed and Far Cry thing is that logically someone shouldn't be able to gain abilities from a magic tattoo in the Assassin's Creed universe.

I personally circumvent that by using ToKW as an example of something that actually did something really similar to that in Assassin's Creed. Even if ToKW wasn't in the actual events of AC history, the Apple is only supposed to show possible realities.. basically I think that the Grand Temple wasn't in the same place (which it wasn't, there isn't a Grand Temple in the ToKW map even though it's in the normal AC map), and that the Grand Temple was actually where the Great Willow Tree was in ToKW, and that it's roots grew into whatever food supply the TWCB had (Shaun found TWCB food in the Grand Temple, calling it manna or ambrosia), and that it was designed to restore strength to TWCB but that it heavily affected humans. So that's how the Great Willow Tree worked because it had ambrosia nutrients in it as well as making Connor high and that's why there was all the mystical stuff as well as him becoming invisible and flying and becoming a bear: that's what he actually thought he was doing but in reality he was just stronger and faster and stealthier.

See Far Cry 3: man tattoos you with a magic tattoo and later on gives you some sort of drink that's supposed to make you stronger. You actually do become stronger and faster and stealthier, and you do hallucinate a lot in the game. Where did the ink and the drink come from? Probably plants. Possibly grown on top of a TWCB temple? Oh and the easter egg that FC3 has for AC is that there's an Abstergo lab on the island. There must be a TWCB presence of some sort on the island for Abstergo to be there.

Yeah, that might be reaching but It's good enough for me to forgo any plot holes of that sort. As I previously explained AC4 also had guides and such for games specifically labelled "Assassin's Creed," where as in the dialogue they're referred to by specific names, "Liberation," as an example. So that's why I can forgo any ads for AC games and actually being able to see them in the Watch_Dogs' universe.