PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are going to bother with Comet?

Radman500
06-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Unity is pertty much going to be AC 5, Comet seems like it will be a quick cash in from the 360/ps3 base...but i still might pick it up, playing as a templar this time...

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Unity is pertty much going to be AC 5, Comet seems like it will be a quick cash in from the 360/ps3 base...but i still might pick it up, playing as a templar this time...

That's still speculation, and if it's true I'm not interested. Not because I don't want play as a Templar, but because the whole premise screams cash grab. Like a weak amalgamation of AC3 and AC4 designed solely so they could reuse as many assets as possible. Would be nice to see more of Haytham, but I'm done with pirates and I'm WAY done with New York. Second-worst city in the franchise IMO.

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Depends what it adds to the franchise really.

Wolfmeister1010
06-01-2014, 11:28 PM
For some reason, now that the new gen is out, many people seem to think that it is impossible for there to be good games on the previous gen. Let's not forget that AC4, with all its seamless glory, worked fine as a last gen game.

dxsxhxcx
06-01-2014, 11:30 PM
my PC probably won't handle it (desperately in need of a new one), so I don't know... :p

the rumored setting and plot don't interest me that much though...

GunnerGalactico
06-01-2014, 11:31 PM
If they reveal some details about the game, maybe I might consider... not really interested right now.

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:36 PM
For some reason, now that the new gen is out, many people seem to think that it is impossible for there to be good games on the previous gen. Let's not forget that AC4, with all its seamless glory, worked fine as a last gen game.

I don't really think it's that, so much as people are wary of this game seeing as how Unity is the one obviously getting all the TLC. Sure, last-gen can handle some great, sprawling games, but will Comet be one of them? So far it looks like it's just a cheap way to grab a buck from diehard AC fans who haven't upgraded to next-gen yet. People were already screaming "milk" when AC transitioned to a game a year, and now we're getting two a year? And Unity is getting most of the attention? I can understand why people are unenthusiastic. Personally I'm just tired of naval and I freaking hate colonial New York.

ze_topazio
06-01-2014, 11:36 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jkNcMZVGCOw/S5fkxtqYcKI/AAAAAAAAAHc/TvIwwjBaxCI/s400/hand_raising.jpg

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Is AC:Unity AC:5 then and what is Comet about?

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 11:42 PM
I buy all the main AC games so...

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Is AC:Unity AC:5 then and what is Comet about?

We don't know whether Unity is AC5 or not, but if the pre-order bonus thing is real, then it's just AC: Unity, no number.

Comet is allegedly about a Templar pirate named Shay who's basically Haytham's right-hand man in New York in the 1760s.

Radman500
06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
We don't know whether Unity is AC5 or not, but if the pre-order bonus thing is real, then it's just AC: Unity, no number.

Comet is allegedly about a Templar pirate named Shay who's basically Haytham's right-hand man in New York in the 1760s.

I heard Shay was adewale's right hand man.... are you sure its Haytham

AC: Unity is pretty much "AC5" as its the main one, thats been in development for 3 years

Comet, like LoyalACfan said is more of trying to get sales from ac fans that havn't upgraded yet, as there is still a huge ps3/360 base

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Comet doesn't sound that interesting to me. If I buy an AC game I want to be an Assassin.

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I heard Shay was adewale's right hand man.... are you sure its Haytham

Yeah, pretty sure. The big talking point of that leak was that the playable character was a Templar, so it wouldn't be Adewale's man. I saw speculation that we kill Adewale, but not that we'd serve alongside him.

Ureh
06-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Maybe... depends.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Im still in past gen and will be for at least another year. so yes

But i think its great that unity has new protagonist and setting but not a number and that comet may not feature an assassin..
They are throwing out unspoken 'rules'
Leaves much more creative room in the future to play with characters and time periods without really having to pack on for it and force a number.
Numbered titles now will feel more deserving.. just like how it was 2 years ago :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Hmm... Really depends on what Comet is all about. I would love to get both, and I plan on getting a PS4 anyway, but Unity just got announced and we barely know anything about Comet. Until more info comes out, I'll just be meh.

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 01:04 AM
That's still speculation, and if it's true I'm not interested. Not because I don't want play as a Templar, but because the whole premise screams cash grab.

This!

Fatal-Feit
06-02-2014, 01:10 AM
AC:B and AC:R were also major cash-ins but turned out great for the majority, so I have faith in Comet. Besides, if it's coming out for PC, the only major graphical difference between Unity and Comet would be the engine, which still isn't too outdated. And I still dig both New York and Naval so hell yes.

Also, if the rumors are true, and Comet have been in development for 2 years, I have faith that'll it'll deliver. Couldn't be any worse than the Ezio sequels. And by that, I don't mean that his sequels sucked, but that they were made within a year, IIRC.

Ureh
06-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Chances are I'll wait 1.5-2 yearsbefore picking it up. I started AC4 about a month ago and have had my share of sailing. Assuming the Comet rumours are true.

LoyalACFan
06-02-2014, 03:00 AM
AC:B and AC:R were also major cash-ins but turned out great for the majority.

Thing is, though, that ACB and ACR were spin-offs of pre-established characters and plotlines. If we get introduced to a whole new character and story in a game the length of ACR, that would be awful.

Wolfmeister1010
06-02-2014, 03:02 AM
I can see why they would do two though. They are a business after all, and the last gen still makes up a HUGE chunk of the consumers. They could have just as easily kept Unity a cross gen game. I would NOT like that.

Fatal-Feit
06-02-2014, 03:10 AM
Thing is, though, that ACB and ACR were spin-offs of pre-established characters and plotlines. If we get introduced to a whole new character and story in a game the length of ACR, that would be awful.

According to rumors, AC:Comet is set with familiar casts and settings from the Kenway Saga, so if that and the 2 years development rumors are true, it wouldn't be awful. AC:R, itself, had introduced an almost-entirely new cast, plotlines, a bunch of innovative gameplay mechanics, and still manages in just 8 months.

I can see why they would do two though. They are a business after all, and the last gen still makes up a HUGE chunk of the consumers. They could have just as easily kept Unity a cross gen game. I would NOT like that.

Actually, PC gamers takes up a large chunk as well. I can guarantee you that keeping Unity as next-gen exclusive won't be a lost in profit if Comet doesn't exist.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Revelations was made in 8 months???? Seriously??? :eek:

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Honesty.. Knowing myself I'll get them both. I've bought the rest so why not add two more right?

TAKE MY MONEY UBISOFT! AND LEAVE ME IN THE COLD.

but really, since there has been no news on Comet whatsoever it has my curiosity but not my attention. It makes me wonder if it's still even happening. But hopefully we will get some insight within the next couple of days. Here at E3. I know the line up of what they will be discussing is up but maybe it's a secret? ya never know!

BTW... Nice Avatar Mayrice! Hahaha and I believe Revelations was made in 10. but 8 is close enough.

Layytez
06-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Will I play it ? Yes. Will I buy it ? No. I'm not sure where is will be but if they manage to pick a good location and time period i'll consider buying it. As for Unity i'm fed up with the time line they picked and even more annoyed at the setting.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 03:27 AM
@poptarts

still...that's crazy low time to get out an idea, screen write, contact actors, do motion cap, create art assets, program in the engine, define animations,have composers make songs, add effects, etc.

I suppose that's why they have so many development studios.

And thanks :3

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Revelations was made in 8 months???? Seriously??? :eek:

Aye!

In november of 2010 it was announced a Nintendo 3DS game called Assassinīs Creed Lost legacy, in which Ezio was set to travel to Masyaf and "other places" looking for the origins of the Order and the life of Altair.

However in may 2011, Revelations appeared.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 03:38 AM
@poptarts

still...that's crazy low time to get out an idea, screen write, contact actors, do motion cap, create art assets, program in the engine, define animations,have composers make songs, add effects, etc.

I suppose that's why they have so many development studios.

And thanks :3

You're welcome! :D

But yeah! the game was still solid and had a great ending buut.. still my least favorite. haha.

Locopells
06-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah, they piled what seemed like every Ubi studio going into the project, to turn it into a full game - and even then, it was missing a shed load of stuff.

Shahkulu101
06-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Having had a PS4 for a while - I'll wait for Comet's PC release (approximately 100 years) so my eyes do not burn with pain. That is if I'm interested after seeing some coverage.

Still holding hope it doesn't exist and Unity is our only AC

Locopells
06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Probably yes. Will wait and see!

Aphex_Tim
06-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I'll probably wait for a price drop. Unless the reveal will completely blow me away, which I doubt.

Markaccus
06-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Maybe, because if i don't have a ps4 by then i will be stuck with comet, but i won't bother with it if i do have a ps4 by then.

Kirokill
06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
I'll only buy Unity, and Comet maybe when it has a price drop.

cyrax008
06-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I'll buy Unity, and Comet will most likely be available on PS4 in some future re-release with all DLC and updated graphics.

Sushiglutton
06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Ask me again in a week :). Nah I voted yes, because that's probably what will happen. If AC:C is naval focused in a similar way to AC4 it may actually turn out to be more fun to me. We will know a lot more in a week though!

Will_Lucky
06-02-2014, 02:20 PM

Speak for yourself, I bought a PS4 for AC4 in order to get rock solid 30FPS. So many games towards the ends of the last gen just couldn't hold that properly.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Speak for yourself, I bought a PS4 for AC4 in order to get rock solid 30FPS. So many games towards the ends of the last gen just couldn't hold that properly.

I had absolutely no problems with AC4 on ps3...
I have to side with wolfmeister on this one...
Last gen is very capable to produce great games on :D
I actually think the only thing next gen will have that past gen doesnt is a lack of load screens...
The overall load I dont think will improve though
We will either see larger worlds with better graphics and the same amount of loadscreens
Or the same sized worlds with better graphics and no load screens
But I'm not a developer..idk next gens power yet lol

pacmanate
06-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Depends what it is...

I probably will end up still buying it, even if it is for last gen consoles only (still speculation).

But yeah, we dont know what it is. A full naval game, not my thing. But I HATE missing out on story details. This is why I hated Liberation as a Vita only title.

Will_Lucky
06-02-2014, 03:23 PM
AC4 I imagine isn't that bad given it is a more..well less Urban based game. AC3 was the final nail in the coffin for me, having around 20fps while in the cities was just intolerable.

Bastiaen
06-02-2014, 05:56 PM
All things AC.... If it's real, I'll be playing it.

DSafrin
06-02-2014, 07:30 PM
I think I'll get both. I'm not throwing away any of my old consoles - I like to get back to old games from time to time - and I like naval, so if rumors are true - I'll get Comet. As for Unity - if it gets released by the end of the year, I'll hope for PS4 and ACU bundle :rolleyes: I planned to get PS4 by december anyway. So I guess if we're indeed getting two AC games this year - I'll buy them both. I just might wait for Comet's price to drop a bit before I buy it.

BATISTABUS
06-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Don't have a next gen console :(

my2012
06-02-2014, 07:51 PM
burnt out by the ac franchise so neither games for me.

Syler99
06-07-2014, 06:24 AM
For comet it depends on the actual details and if I want to play as generic guy 8,000,000,000,000 if the story and character aren't appealing its a pass. I can already tell its a cash grab so that's already given it two negatives but really thats all I can say on the matter as I've heard a few rumors and not much else so details details ubi.

For unity again I better really fall in love with the guy if he's not similar to Ezio on persona and with less womanizing I think I'll pass or wait for near clearance pricing before I buy it the series is stagnating.

AherasSTRG
06-07-2014, 06:55 AM
2 Assassin's Creed games in a year?

http://s134.photobucket.com/user/TheSteveslols/media/shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg.html

And it won't be a bother at all...

HercRembrandt
06-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Well, I imagine it depends on whether "Comet" is good.

Personally I have little interest in playing as some Templar sailor, as the rumors have suggested.

RinoTheBouncer
06-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Of course I’m getting both.

m4r-k7
06-07-2014, 11:34 AM
I'll definitely get Unity. Will wait until they port over Comet to next gen as a downloadable title. If it looks incredible at e3 then I may get it straight after I have completed Unity.

LatinaC09
06-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I'll be getting Comet for sure. Ugh I'm not looking forward to spending so much money (I'm assuming the games will come out the same day). But I never miss an AC game so...

ze_topazio
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Everybody that frequents this forums will buy both and if there was a third game, it would be bought too, stop lying to yourselves with all that "I don't know if I will buy it or not, must see first", of course you will buy it, you can't help it. :cool:

m4r-k7
06-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Everybody that frequents this forums will buy both and if there was a third game, it would be bought too, stop lying to yourselves with all that "I don't know if I will buy it or not, must see first", of course you will buy it, you can't help it. :cool:

Agree 100% haha

Gladiaattori1500
06-07-2014, 08:03 PM
#inb4alltherumoursarefalseandtheyonlyreleaseonegam e

RinoTheBouncer
06-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Agreeeeeeeed!

Sushiglutton
06-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Lol this is the truth! I was gonna skip Black Flag because the mechanics looked so samey to AC3 and the E3 tailing mission didn't excite me. Didn't quite work out that way though and the game was actually really good (even though my suspicion was fairly accurate, there were many good additions to compensate). So I've just resigned for the fact that I'll keep buying the main AC games for the time being.

I do my wallet-voting with the DLC instead :). That's why I never bothered with TOKW but bough FC.

YazX_
06-08-2014, 01:19 PM
the way i see it would be similar to Liberation and AC4, comet (if thats the correct name) will be ported to PC and next gen sooner than you think, i think the pattern now is to release two AC games a year, one in Feb/March which is downgraded sized version of the game and then the full version which comes in Oct/Nov.

Thats ofcourse if all rumors were true about releasing two AC games.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Alright I confess XD

I-Like-Pie45
06-08-2014, 03:26 PM
I haven't brought AC4 or ACL yet despite their releases

So ze_topazio what makes you so certain I will buy ACU or Comet

murphdawg1
06-08-2014, 04:26 PM

The last PS3 title I purchased was Beyond Two Souls, after that it's all been PS4. If Comet looks interesting enough I might just get it after the price comes down a bit, Unity though i'll be buying right away.

BlakJakXXI
06-09-2014, 11:57 PM
I might get it, since it'll probably be a while before I get either a PS4 or X1, though it depends.

DisbandedBox359
06-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Its an Assassin's Creed game, so yeah its getting bought