PDA

View Full Version : What kind of protagonist do you think/want 'Arno' to be?

king-hailz
06-01-2014, 09:17 PM
So far we have had altair who was driven by honour, ezio by revenge, Connor by freedom, and Edward by money... what do you want arno's reason for being an assassin... who do you want him to be like... what kind of personality do you want him to have???

I-Like-Pie45
06-01-2014, 09:19 PM
He joins the Assassins because he is a sadist and simply needs an excuse

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't agree that Altair was driven by honour, to me it seemed more like redemption.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 09:24 PM
FO MAN1ES N' LADIES

MAEK 'IM CHARMING LIKE EZZY AND EDDIE

I joke of course.

Whatever the developers want is fine as long as Arno is unique and not Ezio 2.0

GunnerGalactico
06-01-2014, 09:24 PM
I feel that fighting for justice would be better suited for Arnaud.

DumbGamerTag94
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I want something different for Arno. How about instead of a brooding life long assassin(Alta´r). Playboy(Ezio). Uptight idealist(Connor). Greedy Smartass(Edward).....Arno could just be a normal dude with no need for revenge or pursuit of an ideal.....what if he is just an everyday French citizen who sees the horror of the revolution tearing his home apart and the hypocrites who are leading it. And what if he just decided to do the right thing just because he thinks it is right to do....not because they killed his parents, or his master told him to, or he wants money, or he thinks they burned his village and killed his mom. None of that. Just the motive to do what's right because nobody else is willing to?

And as for personality. I would like him to be a funny nice guy who relates to the average person. Not a millionaire playboy ******* womanizer like Ezio. But a genuinely nice guy that likes to have fun once and a while and is good with people without having to be rich or womanize. Perhaps a barkeep(like Desmond). Or a lawyer, politician perhaps?(that's more wealthy but I wouldn't want him to be an Ezio clone).

I just want an all round good guy who just does the right thing out of the goodness of his own character. Not a quest for revenge or personal gain or because his master points at some Templars and says "kill". Maybe he should have a wife and kids. Maybe he does a few good deeds like rescue people or something. Takes in a wounded assassin and protects them out of kindness. And it is his very goodness that makes the assassins recruit him to their cause.

I don't want somebody overly flamboyant and egotistical like young Ezio. But I want someone with a relatable story and a normal personality while managing to still be funny/a people person. Kind of how Desmond was an Everyman figure I want Arno to be something like that.

oliacr
06-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Revenge,justice,freedom.

Radman500
06-01-2014, 09:41 PM
if the old leaks are true which they have been so far Arno/Arnauld is the mentor of the French brotherhood, so i assume he will be serious like Connor

Crouching.Tiger
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Equality, since it's the French revolution we're talking about.

VoXngola
06-01-2014, 09:51 PM
if the old leaks are true which they have been so far Arno/Arnauld is the mentor of the French brotherhood, so i assume he will be serious like Connor

That makes sense because he wears dark robes, just like Ezio did in Revelations. I think he's definetly the mentor of the French brotherhood, so yeah I agree. Doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be serious though.

You know what I'd find cool? Imagine an assassin like Dante. We've never had that. Now that would be cool.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Would be nice to have a coward assassin, now that I think about it. Or a socially awkward one. But Arno looks like a generic 'calm and cunning' guy in the trailer. Though Edward was like that too in his trailer so we'll see.

adventurewomen
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
FO MAN1ES N' LADIES

MAEK 'IM CHARMING LIKE EZZY AND EDDIE

I joke of course.

Whatever the developers want is fine as long as Arno is unique and not Ezio 2.0
Haha! I Agree! xD

I-Like-Pie45
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
would be nice to have a coward assassin, now that i think about it. Or a socially awkward one. But arno looks like a generic 'calm and cunning' guy in the trailer. Though edward was like that too in his trailer so we'll see.

racist

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 09:58 PM
As long as he has a personality and is interesting, I'll be happy.

Would be nice to have a coward assassin, now that I think about it. Or a socially awkward one. But Arno looks like a generic 'calm and cunning' guy in the trailer. Though Edward was like that too in his trailer so we'll see.

Which trailer? the teaser one thats 1 minute long?

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Caught me red-handed, Pie.

king-hailz
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Well this awesome... but I want him to be his own guy... I kind of want him to be an aristocrat that's keeping a secret from his family and stuff... also I think he will be the mentor of the assassins... I kind of want him to be relatable...

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I seriously doubt that he's the Mentor of the French Assassins, at least in the beginning. He looks really young to me, like 20-25 at the most, and his robes seem kind of tattered and worn out. If anything, I think he's a neophyte who inherited/stole his robes from someone else.

I really don't care what buzzword they use to describe his motivation, that's getting really old to me. Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Aveline all ultimately fought for the same thing, regardless of what their little press-release bio said about them. As long as he's an Assassin who does Assassin things, they can use whatever backstory they want for him.

Personality-wise, though, I'm hoping for a cross between Connor and Haytham. Someone who's got noble intentions, but is also a pragmatic realist free from naivete. And I hope his fighting style is even half as elegant and badass as Haytham's.

LieutenantRex
06-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I hope Arno is Ezio 2.0. Ezio embodied everything a good protagonist should have, and he's not even my favourite Assassin. He was charismatic, brash, fair, and extremely interesting.

Now look at our recent heroes, Connor and Edward. Connor is... well, we all know the problem with Connor, and Edward was just all over the place. A pirate who wants to not be a pirate yet wants to stay in the pirate business long enough to get out of the pirate business while berating other pirates for leaving the pirate business after amassing all their wealth?

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I want a protagonist who's a Dragon.

ze_topazio
06-01-2014, 11:42 PM
I hope he is already a member of the order by the time the game starts, no particular reason to have joined, he just joined after being recruited or something.

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:45 PM
I hope he is already a member of the order by the time the game starts, no particular reason to have joined, he just joined after being recruited or something.

Yeah, TBH I'm a little tired of Assassin origin stories. God knows they've been way overdone. AC3 was like halfway over before you even put on the freaking hood, lol.

Ureh
06-01-2014, 11:53 PM
I guess his methods and beliefs might lean towards Templar side. Maybe due to disillusionment of the Assassins' agenda.... maybe it's too slow or inefficacious. Could be that the majority of French Assassins were corrupt or still believed in the monarch (or at least the idea of it).

Maybe he was originally a Templar, who the joined the Assassins and now wants to return. His personality could be extroverted, but when alone is self-deprecating and always brooding. I imagine that he came from a destitute background and so he wears the robes with a chip on his shoulder. Like they're too gaudy for him.

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 11:55 PM
That would be interesting, someone who was raised as a Templer but becomes an Assassin, and not only an Assassin but an important one.

DumbGamerTag94
06-01-2014, 11:59 PM
That would be interesting, someone who was raised as a Templer but becomes an Assassin, and not only an Assassin but an important one.

A reverse Haytham?

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 12:06 AM
lol, Indeed.

dxsxhxcx
06-02-2014, 12:07 AM
I would like to see a character without any life drama (no quest for revenge, not a victim, etc), just someone that firmly believes in the Order's ideals and get the job done.

Fatal-Feit
06-02-2014, 01:25 AM
I want him to be an Assassin who murders for pleasure of it, sort of like Altair-almost. Or perhaps, more of a psychopath like Dexter. On the outside, he puts on a false impression for his Assassin lads, family, and friends, but during the white room cut-scenes, he shows his true psychotic nature to his victims.

...Maybe I've been watching too many re-runs.

Locopells
06-02-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm liking a lot of these ideas.

I-Like-Pie45
06-02-2014, 01:37 AM
I want him to be an Assassin who murders for pleasure of it, sort of like Altair-almost. Or perhaps, more of a psychopath like Dexter. On the outside, he puts on a false impression for his Assassin lads, family, and friends, but during the white room cut-scenes, he shows his true psychotic nature to his victims.

...Maybe I've been watching too many re-runs.

that would be pretty cool

like what if he kills guards and cuts off their faces, and finds their families to mock them while dressed like the recently deceased

best of all you get an achievement for making 100 kids cry

Locopells
06-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Now you're getting scary...

Ureh
06-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Or he's super duper ambivalent and chooses to become neutral. Sorta like the Initiates.

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Personality???? Probably between Altair and Connor in terms of being serious, but with more charisma like Ezio, although I DO NOT want a french playboy.
Fighting style???? Like Haytham, PLEASE!!!! I want that deadly, yet elegant sword skills again.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 03:56 AM
I see the new assassin being one that is misunderstood... Like he's the guy that sees the bigger picture and yet is 3 steps ahead yet no one else can see this at the time and therefore don't understand some of his methods or behaviors. So it's hard for people to like him perhaps because no one gets it? yet he is very passionate for the cause behind the revolution. I don't know I mean these are just my guesses. But we haven't had an assassin quite like that yet. we've had playboy, stoic, Brash, and silent? (I can't think of one for Altair)

Or maybe Arnold Could be a Loud Knuckle head sorta guy. always barging in. Aways speaking out of turn yet likable? Not very smart but he gets the job done in brilliant ways.

Fighting style???? Like Haytham, PLEASE!!!! I want that deadly, yet elegant sword skills again.

OHHH! I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! *Fangirl Gush* xD He was just such a Gentlemen when he kills you! lol.

I would like to see a character without any life drama (no quest for revenge, not a victim, etc), just someone that firmly believes in the Order's ideals and get the job done.

umm.. but EVERYONE has their own story to tell, so I don't see how that would work exactly. at least IMO. I mean why come to the assassins or be one if you don't.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 03:59 AM
I hope Arno is interesting at least.

I really need to find my favorite character in the AC franchise and I still haven't found it.

zkorejo
06-02-2014, 08:46 AM
I doubt he will be cracking jokes in times like that time period so I think he is going to be serious like Connor but hopefully more interesting and not too much serious. Like mentioned before, kinda like Ezio from Brotherhood but a different personality.

An Anti hero would be great. I want this guy to be more offensive and proactive. A predator with a good reasoning rather than a victim who seeks revenge. Do the evil things to evil people... show no remorse. I want his enemies to fear him.

In short, when they see him jumping off the building I want the guards to say "Look Look a flying demon!".

Aphex_Tim
06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
I definitely think Arnaud might be a serious character and honourable character. It would be interesting to know who might be doing his voice overs and motion capture.

Shahkulu101
06-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I'd like Arnaud to be an atypical character who has a personality that can't be easily defined based on previous video game tropes. By this I don't mean quiet and boring, just something refreshing. Characteristics that people can't guess on the spot just by looking at him. But for some reason I get a stoic, dedicated, efficient vibe from him - the way he checks the watch to assure that the execution is happening, standing over the crowd, judging from a distance - makes him look the organised, practical type.

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 09:28 AM
I'd like Arnaud to be an atypical character who has a personality that can't be easily defined based on previous video game tropes. By this I don't mean quiet and boring, just something refreshing.

I didn't mean serious in that sense. I'd like a protagonist who takes things seriously. Since Arnaud is French, I would expect him to be a well mannered and sophisticated person... who is clever, quick-witted and is not a pushover. I would also like his skills with a sword to reflect his "quick on the draw" personality.

Aphex_Tim
06-02-2014, 09:30 AM
I would also like his skills with a sword should reflect his "quick on the draw" personality.

I'm really hoping for Haytham-esque sword animations.

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm really hoping for Haytham-esque sword animations.

Yeah, that would be cool. I'd like to see a character that has quick, nimble and elegant sword fighting style.

Personality???? Probably between Altair and Connor in terms of being serious, but with more charisma like Ezio, although I DO NOT want a french playboy.

My sentiments exactly. :)

Kirokill
06-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah, that would be cool. I'd like to see a character that has quick, nimble and elegant sword fighting style.

I want him to have brutal kills like ACR Ezio. I really dislike that fighting style.

His personality though, I want him to be a bit rude and sensible. The reason might be justice. Though please no revenge.

Markaccus
06-02-2014, 11:20 AM
French. He will be French.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
lol

ze_topazio
06-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I didn't mean serious in that sense. I'd like a protagonist who takes things seriously. Since Arnaud is French, I would expect him to be a well mannered and sophisticated person... who is clever, quick-witted and is not a pushover. I would also like his skills with a sword to reflect his "quick on the draw" personality.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/352/749/e44.gif

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I want him to have brutal kills like ACR Ezio. I really dislike that fighting style.

ACR Ezio had Scimitars at this disposal, which suit that "brutal" style, same as if the game was set during the the viking age for instance. The swords that will be on Unity are rapiers and sabres, and those are more appropriate for an elegant fencing style.

jayjay275
06-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Hopefully he is a stealthy protagonist that isn't all about killing people brutally in public - even though I don't care that much if he is - but I want him to be less like all the other Assassins, except a little more like Altair.

Dev_Anj
06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Like this person:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120731005548/massfanon/images/0/08/Deus-ex-human-revolution-adam-jensen.jpg

Radman500
06-02-2014, 05:56 PM
i want Arno to be a more sophisticated fighter, elogance, a focus on beauty and skill compared to say Connor's brutal fighting ability

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 08:46 PM
actually the more I think about it now, I can see a fighting style like Raphael's from Soul Calibur too...

using a fencing style to fight with a rapier style of sword with fluid movements that are more aggressive since the rapier was a sword used more for thrusting.

I-Like-Pie45
06-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Like this person:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120731005548/massfanon/images/0/08/Deus-ex-human-revolution-adam-jensen.jpg

Adam Jensen has no character

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 11:58 PM
But he never asked for this.

itsamea-mario
06-03-2014, 03:34 AM
I want Ezio 2.0

Jexx21
06-03-2014, 05:09 AM
he should be me

poptartz20
06-03-2014, 08:52 AM
I want Ezio 2.0

but Edward was Ezio 2.0 (supposedly) so Arno will be like 2.5

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 09:23 AM
I would say Edward is Ezio 2.0 but he's different enough. For one he's a lot more intentionally flawed and greedy.

AherasSTRG
06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
and Edward by money
Darby creates art and all the audience can understand is this...

Kirokill
06-03-2014, 10:47 AM
ACR Ezio had Scimitars at this disposal, which suit that "brutal" style, same as if the game was set during the the viking age for instance. The swords that will be on Unity are rapiers and sabres, and those are more appropriate for an elegant fencing style.

Indeed, which I requested in an old thread (What would you like to see in AC Unity) for a scimitar swords to be still included which has a different killing style. That is if doesn't have any other options than swords, which if so, I would choose an axe or something.

I'm not into rapiers at all, you see. :)