PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Photo of AC Unity's Gamestop Pre-order Bonus

Pages : [1] 2

X_xWolverinEx_X
06-01-2014, 08:18 AM
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/s843x403/10363392_131187650406655_2353890482628428206_n.jpg

AherasSTRG
06-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Nice one.

Aphex_Tim
06-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Well this finally confirms it: It's not Connor. :p

jayjay275
06-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Not sure if legitimate.

Locopells
06-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Any ideas what the chemical revolution mentioned might be?

EDIT: Closed the other one for you, and fixed the image display in this one.

HercRembrandt
06-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Any ideas what the chemical revolution mentioned might be?

Well, Antoine Lavoisier, the "Father of Modern Chemistry", did get guillotined. Probably something to do with that.

X_xWolverinEx_X
06-01-2014, 11:51 AM
thanks for that and take a look at this I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_Revolution and it was the work of a French man who named oxygen and hydrogen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Lavoisier him and the guy standing next to Arno look similar

HercRembrandt
06-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Hmm... Wikipedia had this to say: " At the height of the French Revolution, he was accused by Jean-Paul Marat of selling adulterated tobacco and of other crimes, and was eventually guillotined a year after Marat's death."

Intriguing.

Locopells
06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Intriguing indeed. Not an obvious target for a fake either.

X_xWolverinEx_X
06-01-2014, 12:07 PM
the thing is Jean-Paul Marat was fighting for the people but he was assassinated in his own home by a women named Charlotte Corday and here reason why is (copied from wiki page). Jean-Paul Marat was a member of the radical Jacobin faction which had a leading role during the Reign of Terror. As a journalist, he exerted power and influence through his newspaper, L'Ami du peuple ("The Friend of the People").

Corday's decision to kill Marat was stimulated not only by her revulsion at the September Massacres, for which she held Marat responsible, but by her fear of an all-out civil war.[3]:161 She believed that Marat was threatening the Republic, and that his death would end violence throughout the nation. She also believed that King Louis XVI should not have been executed. maybe he is a Templar

pacmanate
06-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Well this finally confirms it: It's not Connor. :p

Did people still think it was Connor? Bloody hell. This is why I don't come here anymore.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Omigosh omigosh omigosh

his face

oooooooomg

The image is very blurry buuuuuuut

Arno might look like a hunk :o

#inb4helookslikethehunchbackofnotredame

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 02:42 PM
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....... There goes my day.... Thanks. Ubi...

Could be a good fake or God knows what else. Why wouldn't Ubisoft announce it themselves?

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 02:43 PM
You are not happy, Humble?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
You are not happy, Humble?

Somewhat, just wanted Connor, but we can't say anything yet because like I said 'it's either a good fake or something else that I don't know about. Still suspicious because it's not officially from Ubisoft.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 02:49 PM
But it's obviously not going to be connor tho.

He'll make a cameo for sure tho *pets*

marvelfannumber
06-01-2014, 02:54 PM
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....... There goes my day.... Thanks. Ubi...

I hate to say I told you so....but I told you so.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I hate to say I told you so....but I told you so.

Piss off! You don't work for Ubisoft so you don't know anything!

*inhales/exhales*

Sorry... I just get too emotional sometimes... but not yet, this must come from Ubisoft's "mouths" *holds back tear*

Mr. Shade.... can you hold me? T_T

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/thy3VWYSPIw/maxresdefault.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
*holds back tear*

http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401627127

marvelfannumber
06-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Piss off! You don't work for Ubisoft so you don't know anything!

*inhales/exhales*

Sorry... I just get too emotional sometimes... but not yet, this must come from Ubisoft's "mouths" *holds back tear*

I think you might want to step outisde for a minute. Some fresh air might do ye some good.

But seriously I don't know how Connor fans never noticed Arnaud's completely different build. I mean Connor could almost squish him with his hands.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 03:09 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401627127

O_O;;;

Everyone has there weird "photo taken at the wrong time" look, but that is scary lol

Back on topic: That guy looks like Antoine Lavoisier. He was a chemist that was executed in 1794. Maybe that was his getting executed in the trailer?

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Can someone run into that very specific gamestop and zoom into Arno's face pls?

I can't tell if he looks like

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/123/9/7/alex_mercer_by_ravenmadwolf-d3fi3ra.jpg

or

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/106/0/8/squidward__handsome_squidward_by_millegas-d61zr7o.jpg

And is that his bangs sticking out of his hood? or just something in the background?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 03:23 PM
But seriously I don't know how Connor fans never noticed Arnaud's completely different build. I mean Connor could almost squish him with his hands.

Because like I said before, Connor was skinner in the Alpha stage first before they bulked him up in the final version, which is why everybody is so suspicious.

marvelfannumber
06-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Because like I said before, Connor was skinner in the Alpha stage first before they bulked him up in the final version, which is why everybody is so suspicious.

Yes, surely remember all those teaser trailers with the skinny Connor in 2012. Good times.......wait :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, surely remember all those teaser trailers with the skinny Connor in 2012. Good times.......wait :rolleyes:

Connor's initial character design displayed him with a slender build, while his final character model was altered to show him with a significantly more muscular appearance.

Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

marvelfannumber
06-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Connor's initial character design displayed him with a slender build, while his final character model was altered to show him with a significantly more muscular appearance.

Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmFJUS5InE

Connor surely is skinny in this teaser right? No that is virtually his final design.

If this was a new character it would make sense for them to change the build throughout development like they did with Edward, with Connor though...it makes no sense, they already have a model so why would they change his build so they could change it back again? Why would they not just build off of his already finalized model from AC3 as opossed to making an entirely new model so they could take the assets from that and put it on another model?

Connor was only skinny during early development of AC3, no trailers ever showed that design because it was scrapped quite early. How many times to I have to repeat that this theory makes zero sense?

It's ok to want something, but if you don't have any good theories or evidence to support it then don't make stuff up. For example I would like a full game where we could play as Haytham, but you don't see me constantly making theories about how that could or would happen.

So may you kindly just have some patience and wait, or come up with sound theories that make sense and are interesting to read about.

Thank you for your time.

SixKeys
06-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Wait.....People were actually seriously thinking Connor was going to be the protag in Unity?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Connor surely is skinny in this teaser right? No that is virtually his final design.

If this was a new character it would make sense for them to change the build throughout development like they did with Edward, with Connor though...it makes no sense, they already have a model so why would they change his build so they could change it back again? Why would they not just build off of his already finalized model from AC3 as opossed to making an entirely new model so they could take the assets from that and put it on another model?

Connor was only skinny during early development of AC3, no trailers ever showed that design because it was scrapped quite early. How many times to I have to repeat that this theory makes zero sense?

It's ok to want something, but if you don't have any good theories or evidence to support it then don't make stuff up. For example I would like a full game where we could play as Haytham, but you don't see me constantly making theories about how that could or would happen.

So may you kindly just have some patience and wait, or come up with sound theories that make sense and are interesting to read about.

Thank you for your time.

I'm not saying it was my theory.. I was simply stating a theory I've heard going around. Didn't say if I believed it or not.

Thats where theres other theory that they used a slimmer model to throw people off. Not my theory nor did I say I believed it. If theres a theory you don't like or have too much of a problem with, you don't have to respond to it. :rolleyes: :p

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah it's pretty silly.

I find it sillier people got mad about the highly unlikely theory tho.

marvelfannumber
06-01-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying it was my theory.. I was simply stating a theory I've heard going around. Didn't say if I believed it or not.

Thats where theres other theory that they used a slimmer model to throw people off. Not my theory nor did I say I believed it. If theres a theory you don't like or have too much of a problem with, you don't have to respond to it. :rolleyes: :p

Yeah well if you don't believe it, don't use it as a counter point.

@Mayrice

Me ain't getting mad, this is all rather entertaining honestly :p

Marvelfan's my name and debunking silly theories is my game!

(that should be my signature)

Megas_Doux
06-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Yes!

The "infamous" Assassins creed III target footage, in which Connor was skinny leaked and so on came in september 2012 and by that time we already had seen MAAAAAAANY videos of the final build of the game, the E3 demos, Gamescom and SO many more I cannot remember right now.

Therefore as you said, that theory of "hey Connor used to me skinny, he could still be the character in the new trailer" makes NO sense.

AherasSTRG
06-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Nice one.
The guy standing next to Arnaud is definitely Antoine Laurent Lavoisier, the famous French chemist that lived from 1749 to 1794. The depiction matches the sculpture that decorates Hotel De Ville in Paris:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Lavoisier-statue.jpg

It's highly unlikely one would go that far to create something fake (excluding the Industrial Revolution thing). In any case, I really hope it is legit. We haven't seen a real scientist taking the stage in an Assassin's Creed game since Piri Reis from Revelations.

Finally, there was no way Arnaud would be Connor.

oliacr
06-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Come oooon now

Sushiglutton
06-01-2014, 05:28 PM
This confirms my suspicion that Connor moved to France and became a chemist after the American Revolution.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
@sushi

lololol

Nah man. He obviously seized control of France and became King Louis :rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
06-01-2014, 05:32 PM
@sushi

lololol

Nah man. He obviously seized control of France and became King Louis :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I think you may be onto something!

Radman500
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
yeah there was no way Connor was going to be protag in Unity after the fan reaction to him, was, mostly negative sadly

although a supporting character would be interesting

deskp
06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
yeah there was no way Connor was going to be protag in Unity after the fan reaction to him, was, mostly negative sadly

1 hour of connor gameplay on the ps4.

Radman500
06-01-2014, 07:42 PM
1 hour of connor gameplay on the ps4.
maybe he is part of the co-op campaign that has its own narrative that runs parallel with the single player narrative

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM

And here we go again lol

AC3 Creative Director:

Alex Hutchison: “We spent a lot of time working on this Assassin, trying to make someone who was compelling to people and seemed like a cool person to be. The fact that responses have been positive – we’ve already seen cosplaying and fan art – and people seem to really have adopted him, which was really satisfying.”

And this was AFTER the game was released.

And a supporting character would be cool as well.

Wolfmeister1010
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Finally some damned info

jayjay275
06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
20 minutes of connor gameplay on the ps4.

Fixed that for you.

GunnerGalactico
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/s843x403/10363392_131187650406655_2353890482628428206_n.jpg

TBH I already knew that the main protag was not Connor, you don't have to judge his build to determine that. It is obviously really... there isn't a bow and quiver on his back. I think Connor would make a great supporting character though, just as everyone else has suggested. I'm still hopeful about Comet.

Radman500
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
And here we go again lol

AC3 Creative Director:

Alex Hutchison: “We spent a lot of time working on this Assassin, trying to make someone who was compelling to people and seemed like a cool person to be. The fact that responses have been positive – we’ve already seen cosplaying and fan art – and people seem to really have adopted him, which was really satisfying.”

And this was AFTER the game was released.

And a supporting character would be cool as well.

a supporting character is possible, but now looking at the artwork we can defintelly rule out protag

Wolfmeister1010
06-01-2014, 08:24 PM
The fact that anyone for a second believed that THAT skinny MFer was Connor is quite hilarious to me.

I-Like-Pie45
06-01-2014, 08:26 PM
WM, i need to ask you something

What do you think about Muslims?

Wolfmeister1010
06-01-2014, 08:28 PM
I think they are super kawaii

RatonhnhakeFan
06-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Not sure how I feel about yet another "you befriend historical inventor" plot device, it was forced as hell in AC3. Leo was cool, but it's time to move on

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I still think it was stupid in AC:3 our only motivation for collecting pages was Benjamin Freakin' Franklin.

At least sea shanties did stuff. And the feathers had emotional context in AC:2

I-Like-Pie45
06-01-2014, 09:35 PM
There was no emotional context in AC2 because Petrucchio appeared in only two scenes before he was fridged and Ezio's mother is essentially just a background object sitting and crying for twenty years in the same place

The only reason I collected the feathers is because of trophies.

Plus

emotions are for pussies

The only good collectibles in this series are the shanties because they had material gain

STDlyMcStudpants
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
awesome :)
Excited :D

frodrigues55
06-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh, Arnaldo or whoever he is, looks cool. I wonder if he will really look like that in game, though.

Only this tiny piece of (maybe true) information has made me excited again, lol. E3 couldnt come any sooner.

And I must say I am really surprised that some people thought Connor would be the protagonist...?

That was the first thing Ubi oficially shut down when Unity was announced, by saying the game would feature a new era and a new hero. Not to mention the countless of times they have said there are no plans to bring Connor back. I always thought people were just fanfictioning in that other thread, but I guess you some things, like fandom wishes, cant really be explained.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Oh, Arnaldo or whoever he is, looks cool. I wonder if he will really look like that in game, though.

Only this tiny piece of (maybe true) information has made me excited again, lol. E3 couldnt come any sooner.

And I must say I am really surprised that some people thought Connor would be the protagonist...?

That was the first thing Ubi oficially shut down when Unity was announced, by saying the game would feature a new era and a new hero. Not to mention the countless of times they have said there are no plans to bring Connor back. I always thought people were just fanfictioning in that other thread, but I guess you some things, like fandom wishes, cant really be explained.

I doubt it.. he looks very generic in the picture much like altair did because he shared desmonds generic face lol

Kaschra
06-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Finally something. All these months without any news got on my nerves.
I think it's legit. Looks pretty cool.

Ureh
06-01-2014, 10:33 PM
The outfit is a bit different than the one in the trailer. The leather thingy around his shoulders is missing.

SixKeys
06-01-2014, 10:41 PM
The outfit is a bit different than the one in the trailer. The leather thingy around his shoulders is missing.

Keep in mind this is concept art. Connor had some wildly different outfits in concept art compared to his in-game look. Some of it bordered on false advertising, really. This was the promised pre-order Colonial Assassin outfit:

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/a/af/Native_Assassin_Connor_concept.jpg

And this is what we got:

http://i.imgur.com/2P9Le.jpg

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2014, 10:41 PM

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Maybe a late outfit change?

STDlyMcStudpants
06-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Its more than likely concept art..
Im beginning to think these 'bonus missions' are planned for the game then ubi sits back and think of 5 to take out to offer as pre order lol
or they take 5 concept side missions out

SixKeys
06-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Its more than likely concept art..
Im beginning to think these 'bonus missions' are planned for the game then ubi sits back and think of 5 to take out to offer as pre order lol
or they take 5 concept side missions out

Yup. That's probably the case. They're usually designed to be really short and thin on story content, so that those who didn't pre-order don't actually miss out on anything important. The exception being the PS3- and PC-exclusive Benedict Arnold missions in AC3, which was actually important for the events of ToKW and left many XBox players confused as to who this Arnold character was.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 10:47 PM
i hate that nut cracker looking outfit connor got

SixKeys
06-01-2014, 10:50 PM
i hate that nut cracker looking outfit connor got

Tell me about it. The concept art was actually one of the reasons I pre-ordered the game. I was furious when they revealed what the actual in-game outfit looked like.

LoyalACFan
06-01-2014, 11:06 PM
This is Lavoisier, no doubt about it. Awesome.

Not sure how I feel about yet another "you befriend historical inventor" plot device, it was forced as hell in AC3. Leo was cool, but it's time to move on

That was because Connor never actually met Benjamin Franklin, lol. He asked Haytham to find his almanacs, then had an awkward five-minute conversation with him about sex, and then somehow Haytham's son is still chasing after the pages that have apparently been blowing in the wind for the past thirty years? Dafuq?

Lavoisier actually makes sense as someone who could be an Assassin's ally, even though I doubt he'll fill the role of the inventor who forges all of our toys for us. Plus he was actually in Paris at the time of the game, unlike Franklin who was (oddly enough) away in Paris for the bulk of AC3.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Yup. That's probably the case. They're usually designed to be really short and thin on story content, so that those who didn't pre-order don't actually miss out on anything important. The exception being the PS3- and PC-exclusive Benedict Arnold missions in AC3, which was actually important for the events of ToKW and left many XBox players confused as to who this Arnold character was.

Its a shame.. I never got season pass so i missed AC3 and AC4 pre order content..
The benedict arnold missions were so good though.. I felt like a highschool girl gossiping between washington and arnold hahahah

DumbGamerTag94
06-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Tell me about it. The concept art was actually one of the reasons I pre-ordered the game. I was furious when they revealed what the actual in-game outfit looked like.

Really? I actually liked the Colonial Assassin outfit. Its the only outfit in the game that actually looks like it belongs in the Revolutionary War. I wear it any time I go into a mission where I will be on a battlefield like Bunker Hill and Monmouth.
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/1/10/ACIII-ColonialOutfit.png

It just makes more sense to me to wear that there to blend in. It actually looks like a soldier. I think they changed it at the last minute from the concept art so that at least one outfit in the game would be similar to a soldier's uniform. Given the game was war themed and all it only seems proper.

Besides the design takes its inspiration almost as an exact copy of the Continental Light Dragoons uniforms(only a different color and minor changes really). So it looks especially in place on the battlefield, or killing a squad of redcoats on horseback.
http://www.srcalifornia.com/uniforms/o-vic13a.jpg
http://www.srcalifornia.com/uniforms/p3f.jpg

adventurewomen
06-02-2014, 01:57 AM
There was nothing wrong with Connor's final default game outfit, its awesome..

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 02:02 AM
@bmark

he still looked like the nut cracker :rolleyes:

DumbGamerTag94
06-02-2014, 02:11 AM
@bmark

he still looked like the nut cracker :rolleyes:

Haha that's probably because Nutcrackers are traditionally dressed in the flashiest military uniforms of the 1700s and Napoleonic wars. And Dragoons typically tended to have the fanciest uniforms no matter what army it was at the time. So given the period of the game is the 1770s. It's not so much that he would look like a nutcracker, but that nutcrackers stole that style of uniform and ruined it for modern people looking back on it. In the 1700s that would have looked bad *** on a battlefield

Fatal-Feit
06-02-2014, 02:53 AM
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/1/10/ACIII-ColonialOutfit.png

Dye this outfit blue and give it a hoodie. #CONNORSEQUELCONFIRMED

Don't kill me.

Wolfmeister1010
06-02-2014, 02:56 AM

I believe he is talking about the colonial assassin outfit. It used to be essentially default outfit with added fur and cloak. It was awesome. But then we got this...toy soldier outfit

LoyalACFan
06-02-2014, 02:57 AM

She's talking about the Colonial Assassin one that was a preorder bonus from Target or Walmart or something. It looked absolutely nothing like the concept art that was used to promote it, nor did the Captain of the Aquila one.

The default outfit did look awesome, but it never changed from the first promo renders that were released, so there was no issue of false advertising there.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 03:36 AM
I must agree... I didn't get why you were chasing Almanac Pages 30 years later.. haha.

Also, I've never seen that "nut cracker" outfit before!? was that a pre-order special for EMEA?

Lastly, I'm glad to see something else about ACU seriously it has been kept well under wraps! I'm surprised! Even the Last Game Informer issue used a screenshot picture of the trailer for their article.

zkorejo
06-02-2014, 08:06 AM
FInally......... theres something!

I hope they release atleast a few screenshots before E3.

ze_topazio
06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/9d939cd0098ff1b30284274f014a2cc0/tumblr_n6jpvrtQPf1rmo9yto1_1280.jpg

Seems like we will be able to spin to win.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
So which console got stuck with the crappy spin-to-win exclusive? :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
The Wii U. http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401627127

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 04:44 PM
You mean the OUYA http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1335622&dateline=1400282551

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 04:45 PM
It´s happening......

Locopells
06-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Ooh!

Wolfmeister1010
06-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Spin to win wut

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Rumor is if you get 3 assassin symbols an assassin of your choice will pop out of your console and become your new best buddy. :rolleyes:

Radman500
06-02-2014, 04:55 PM
is it just me or does Arno have blonde hair?

deskp
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
is it like mass effect 3 multiplayer/ Garden warfare packs?

ze_topazio
06-02-2014, 04:57 PM
You mean the OUYA http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1335622&dateline=1400282551

Or the iPhone http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401627127

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Arno? Blonde?

So that thing sticking out of his hood IS his hair? Gross.

I thought he'd look like this handsome brown haired hunk:

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/04/assassins_creed_unity2.jpg

@Ze

Or the Dreamcast http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1335622&dateline=1400282551

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 05:02 PM
is it just me or does Arno have blonde hair?

It seems! Although we are one week early to tell.....

Radman500
06-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Arno? Blonde?

So that thing sticking out of his hood IS his hair? Gross.

I thought he'd look like this handsome brown haired hunk:

@Ze

hmm kind of looks like young ezio from the back

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I agree. Does look like young Ezio.

Oh I forgot E3 is in a week :o

I hope Arno is not blonde tho. I don't like blond hair that much....Unless the hairstyle is really good :P

ze_topazio
06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
@Ze

Or the Virtual Boy http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1552244&dateline=1401627127

Arno should have red hair, it's time for some ginger.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 05:08 PM
@ze

you remind me of whoovians :rolleyes:

I think black hair or dark brown hair matches Arno's color scheme best.

Dev_Anj
06-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Rumor is if you get 3 assassin symbols an assassin of your choice will pop out of your console and become your new best buddy. :rolleyes:

Connor co op campaign confirmed!

Also at this point they are far from being fakes.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 05:15 PM
http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/napoleon-assassins-creed.jpg

A bit off topic but I saw this pic and couldn't help but laugh.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Looks good! Just hoped they don't oversell anything like crazy and we end up disappointed O_O

jayjay275
06-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Maybe a red haired Assassin this time?

ze_topazio
06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
@ze

you remind me of whoovians :rolleyes:

lol, I only ever saw two or three episodes randomly.

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Looks like he has dark brown hair to me and the weapon he has on his back looks like a short blade.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I hope that perhaps he has Black hair with blue eyes (or green) ohh! How nice that would be! :D

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm sick of blue eyes in videogames. (or green) Though mainly cuz i come from a nintendo background and like 99% of their characters have blue eyes. They always look gorgeous and I get jelly. I want gorgeous brown eyes or maybe even ugly dark almond eyes like mine. :rolleyes:

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
06-02-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm not going to say anything. I just post the images. Here you have Assassins

http://i.imgur.com/sbdD0Ko.jpg?1

https://pp.vk.me/c614921/v614921702/d314/aFrmrSHizDg.jpg

https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1800358_509505319150382_7672542441161377369_n.jpg

Enjoy :D

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:09 PM
But right now Arno is shaping up to be a nice-looking character.

But, to utterly misquote the bible: "Video Game Protagonists do not live on character design alone."

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 07:10 PM
lol we will now have a hidden blade mini crossbow.

SixKeys
The second one looks weird, almost fake. What the hell is that supposed to be, a mini-bow?

Lol spin to win. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
woooooooooooow a mini cross bow?

really?

really?

marvelfannumber
06-02-2014, 07:11 PM
0__0

Ok, whether real or not that last one is ****ing epic, somebody get to work on making a rescale of that naow!

And is that like a wrist crossbow? Interesting....not sure what to make of these pictures. Where did you find these OP?

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:13 PM
wait, the middle one does kinda look fake. there's an awkward outer glow on the bow....

the 3rd could be real but it tells us nothing anyway

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Liking the hidden cross bow and the Chemical Revolution Mission does sound interesting.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:16 PM
If the crossbow is real, which i doubt, it'll probably replace the blow darts.

dxsxhxcx
06-02-2014, 07:17 PM
wait, the middle one does kinda look fake. there's an awkward outer glow on the bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCB7qViI3M

woooooooooooow a mini cross bow?

really?

really?

AC: Inspector Gadget

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Oh ok the outline makes sense.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 07:23 PM
An assassin having something like a mini crossbow would make sense, more sense than hidden blade guns, the whole point of an assassins should be to kill as quietly as possible.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-02-2014, 07:24 PM
A mini cross bow? Sign me up!!

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Still would have preferred hidden blade guns. they're coolio :rolleyes:

marvelfannumber
06-02-2014, 07:25 PM
So, if the middle photo is legit I suppose it is confirmed that Arno/Arnaud has had a design change? He does not seem to have the leather thing on his shoulders anymore. Shame really, I kinda liked that thing.

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 07:26 PM
The minicrossbow, if true, is NICE!!!!

Radman500
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
arno is black?

Aphex_Tim
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
A tiny hidden crossbow makes more sense than a wrist mounted pistol imo. Looks like an excellent stealth weapon!

marvelfannumber
06-02-2014, 07:29 PM
arno is black?

Nah, I think he is white, just tanned it seems. He looks about the same as Edward does in the forum background.

On a side note, good god this game is leaking from every side imaginable! Somebody get a plumber!

Sushiglutton
06-02-2014, 07:33 PM
I suppose they wanted to keep the sleeping darts somehow ;). Hidden mini-crossbow should make people who dislike stuff on the assassin's back happy.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Unless they stick swords on it.

Radman500
06-02-2014, 07:38 PM
arno looks black in the second image but on the chemical revolution dlc it shows him being white

Ureh
06-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Maybe it has a grappling hook system ontop of the usual crossbow mechanics. Ascend/descend buildings faster, swing across long distances and around corners. Maybe even pull someone off the ground and onto the roof.

I like how the hookblade was used in some of the tombs. So maybe this'll be used to solve puzzles.

Hans684
06-02-2014, 07:54 PM

Interesting.

Edit: Just remembered some old HB upgrade from Project Legacy(during ACB) created by Da Vinci.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Blade#Da_Vinci

Da Vinci

"I ask if he can arm a crossbow bolt beneath my wrist. He ponders for a moment and declares it possible, but expensive."
―Francesco Vecellio asking Leonardo to create the Hidden Bolt.
Upon his arrival in Rome, Leonardo envisioned further improvements to the Hidden Blade, such as a poison dart launcher, which allowed the use of the Poison Blade from a distance.

Leonardo also designed and built the Hidden Bolt, a weapon that could fire small crossbow bolts, upon the request of Francesco Vecellio. As Francesco was only an apprentice at the time, Ezio had not allowed him to use the Hidden Gun, and so Francesco had devised a similar, though lighter, alternative.

Radman500
06-02-2014, 07:56 PM

Interesting.

weird pic...Arno just looks like he is black in this picture or half black

but in the chemical revolution poster he looks white

i dont mean to bring up race all the time, it doesnt really matter what his race is...but i just find it weird

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I detect a mustache on the pic with the crossbow.

edit:

And Arno is clearly not black. It's just the lighting.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 08:00 PM
and its the blurring effect thats casting a shadow, I also thought he was caucasian when I looked at that pic.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM
@Hans

Oh snap! That forshadow!

It's legit, brah!

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM

i dont mean to bring up race all the time, it doesnt really matter what his race is...but i just find it weird

The image is focused on the Hidden Crossbow/Bolt. His skin will defiantly look different then, I'm sure he is white.

oliacr
06-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Interesting. Just one week.

Sushiglutton
06-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Was it in Brotherhood the poison dart was introduced, or was it in AC2? I don't think the mechanism was ever explained?

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:04 PM
@Hans

Oh snap! That forshadow!

It's legit, brah!

They did say it(Unity) was teased in Brotherhood. Makes me wonder how many teases/forshadows there is in Revelations.

Was it in Brotherhood the poison dart was introduced, or was it in AC2? I don't think the mechanism was ever explained?

In Brotherhood and made by Da Vinci, from what I remember the mechanism wasn't explained. There is only a picture of the blade(it is in the game and you can see it in the Wiki article).

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:06 PM
stupid to forshadow a game that doesn't show up 'til 5 games later

Ureh
06-02-2014, 08:08 PM

Brohood, Leo developed poison darts around the same time he built the hidden bolt.

Edit: Hans already explained! My bad.

Radman500
06-02-2014, 08:08 PM
this is slightly off topic but what day, time will the ubisoft conference be. for e3.... i live in the central time zone

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
stupid to forshadow a game that doesn't show up 'til 5 games later

We are talking about Ubisoft.

Sushiglutton
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
this is slightly off topic but what day, time will the ubisoft conference be. for e3.... i live in the central time zone

Use this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828574

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 08:10 PM
http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2014_Press_Conferences

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:20 PM
@hans

True, but I respect them as a company. Not the best business descisions i've seen sometimes, but way better than a company like EA. Though I can't speak too much because I don't know about the actual descision making behind closed doors and the reasoning behind them unless they're directly stated to the public.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I respect Ubi as a company too! Hell I would work for them if possible! lol.

on the other hand, back on subject I hope the mini crossbow isn't gimmicky like the hookblade. :|

yet still very practical.

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:27 PM
@hans

True, but I respect them as a company. Not the best business descisions i've seen sometimes, but way better than a company like EA. Though I can't speak too much because I don't know about the actual descision making behind closed doors and the reasoning behind them unless they're directly stated to the public.

Agree.

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
on the other hand, back on subject I hope the mini crossbow isn't gimmicky like the hookblade. :|

yet still very practical.

I hope so too

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I liked the hookblade it was fun zipping around Istanbul.

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
This Hidden Crossbow/Bolt must be disappointing for people hoping for an Hidden Guillotine.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
lol a hidden guillotine.

DLC weapon? :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
@poptartz

I would too but I'm still learning, have no experience ATM, and live nowhere near one of ubisoft's studios. That's the problem with living in the rural areas of the upper east coast of the U.S. Errythang be so far away. :(

As for the hookblade thing i have no idea. haven't played that game yet.

edit: aaaah double post.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 08:42 PM
imagine an assassin running around with a guillotine strapped to his back while being covered by a cloak.

Radman500
06-02-2014, 08:47 PM
your right its just the lighting...arno looks white on the chemical revolution artowrk

the second pic is just the lighting

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:51 PM
imagine an assassin running around with a guillotine strapped to his back while being covered by a cloak.

http://i.imgur.com/qhVXogI.png

:rolleyes:

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:52 PM

I think this imagine is taken from a weapon trailer, Edward, Connor and Aveline had trailer(s) showing their weapons while going around them 360.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:54 PM
could be fake but I have no idea at this point.

Not a huge loss if it is fake.

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 08:55 PM

LOL :p

Hans684
06-02-2014, 08:56 PM

It isn't long until E3 either. We'll see then.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Ah I keep forgetting E3 is less than a week away. :D

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Well if you take the tip of the hidden blade and make it flat and square it off... it's kinda like a guillotine right? haha. Like a mini one! since everything else is mini!

I hope so too

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

@poptartz

I would too but I'm still learning, have no experience ATM, and live nowhere near one of ubisoft's studios. That's the problem with living in the rural areas of the upper east coast of the U.S. Errythang be so far away. :(

As for the hookblade thing i have no idea. haven't played that game yet.

edit: aaaah double post.

Haha! With revelations your missing the end of Ezio's story that's just about it. I personally didn't care for the game but you may really enjoy it! you should play it if you get the chance to see for yourself! And Don't feel bad I don't live close to any of their studios either! you're probably closer! I live in the "THUNDER UP" State. haha. I would love to do marketing and PR work since I have no working knowledge of 3D program software. -- should have done that instead of graphic design. haha. (no but really I'm happy with it!)

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 08:58 PM

I think this imagine is taken from a weapon trailer, Edward, Connor and Aveline had trailer(s) showing their weapons while going around them 360.

You might be into something.....

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 09:02 PM
@poptartz

Oh so I should stray from graphics design then? good to know, as I'm going to be taking some 3D animation classes and screenwriting classes. That's the best I can get. I don't live close enough to schools that specifically teach game design. I'll just try to produce some projects and try to get as many internships as possible to stand out on applications hopefully :o

good luck to you :o

And I plan on playing revelations after I beat brotherhood. but im taking a break to do other things and focus on work right now. i actually have a class coming up right now. be back soon :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-02-2014, 09:02 PM

It's a pretty damn good fake if it is... Looks all too real but yet we have been fooled before..

Next week couldn't come fast enough -____________-

Hans684
06-02-2014, 09:03 PM
You might be into something.....

Two examples; ToKW 360 trailer and Aveline 360 trailer.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8eqECBOwkFo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyITO-fFv9c

It is possible.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 09:09 PM

Did you just draw that?

rprkjj
06-02-2014, 09:10 PM

Interesting.

Edit: Just remembered some old HB upgrade from Project Legacy(during ACB) created by Da Vinci.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Blade#Da_Vinci

Da Vinci

"I ask if he can arm a crossbow bolt beneath my wrist. He ponders for a moment and declares it possible, but expensive."
―Francesco Vecellio asking Leonardo to create the Hidden Bolt.
Upon his arrival in Rome, Leonardo envisioned further improvements to the Hidden Blade, such as a poison dart launcher, which allowed the use of the Poison Blade from a distance.

Leonardo also designed and built the Hidden Bolt, a weapon that could fire small crossbow bolts, upon the request of Francesco Vecellio. As Francesco was only an apprentice at the time, Ezio had not allowed him to use the Hidden Gun, and so Francesco had devised a similar, though lighter, alternative.

I don't like his hood, but the wrist bow is interesting.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 09:15 PM
@mayrice

well.. it really depends I would say learn photoshop. it will always be handy! (and looks good that you know it) because you can do quite a bit with it when it comes to digital art etc. Other than that I don't believe you will need the others My degree has more emphasis in Print work. vs multimedia. And Thank you and Good Luck to you as well Mayrice!

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 10:02 PM
The wrist bow seems too unrealistic, at least the way it's depicted in this image. It looks really delicate and like it could easily snag on to something and get ripped off. If it's real, it seems like one of the most implausible weapons we've had so far. I don't want AC to turn into fantasy.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
I dunno it looks like the bow arms are retractable and if it was made with a composite material, it could work. But maybe I'm just think in modern day terms. But then it is AC the assassins had tech before it was supposedly available.

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 10:17 PM
I dunno it looks like the bow arms are retractable and if it was made with a composite material, it could work. But maybe I'm just think in modern day terms. But then it is AC the assassins had tech before it was supposedly available.

Yes, they're probably retractable, but it still doesn't look like a sturdy design. Crossbows are powerful, but slow to load and cumbersome. I already hated the crossbow in ACB, it's too overpowered and too easy to operate to be realistic. I also don't like how it's not hidden at all, like it's just attached to a flimsy wrist guard where it could easily get damaged. Ezio's gear was always tightly secured and layered in complex ways to protect the various mechanisms. This literally looks glued on.

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
The wrist bow seems too unrealistic, at least the way it's depicted in this image. It looks really delicate and like it could easily snag on to something and get ripped off. If it's real, it seems like one of the most implausible weapons we've had so far. I don't want AC to turn into fantasy.

Well, having a hidden gun in the XIII and early XV centuries is not historically accurate.....

frodrigues55
06-02-2014, 10:28 PM
I cannot wait for actual info and gameplay! :eek: Ugh, I dont know what it is with AC, but it certainly hits my weakspot each and every time :(

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Well, having a hidden gun in the XIII and early XV centuries is not historically accurate.....

Duh. I'm not talking about historical accuracy, I'm talking about how plausible the mechanism itself would be if it was built back then. We have Codex pages showing us how the hidden gun was mounted on top of the hidden blade, and how the poison blade could have been carved in between those two. Sure, those mechanisms didn't really exist, but the drawings make them look believable at least. This thing? Doesn't look believable at all.

Edit: One reason it doesn't look believable is because if youl ook at Arno's wrist and the leather sleeve/gauntlet, there is a lot of space between his actual wrist and the mechanism. All the previous assassins had gauntlets that were tightly bound to protect their arms and the various attachable mechanisms. Firing a gun using just one arm would require extreme precision and a sturdy hand (which is why I never liked it when in later games Ezio didn't use his other arm to steady his shooting hand). The mechanisms would need to be secured tightly onto the wearer for extra support.

This thing? Looks like it's barely hanging on. The space between the wrist and the gauntlet suggests it's not really a gauntlet but more like a leather sleeve. Sleeves are....well, fabric. A sleeve could not offer any kind of steadiness or protection for a mechanism with all kinds of delicate, breakable bits.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes, they're probably retractable, but it still doesn't look like a sturdy design. Crossbows are powerful, but slow to load and cumbersome. I already hated the crossbow in ACB, it's too overpowered and too easy to operate to be realistic. I also don't like how it's not hidden at all, like it's just attached to a flimsy wrist guard where it could easily get damaged. Ezio's gear was always tightly secured and layered in complex ways to protect the various mechanisms. This literally looks glued on.
I'd imagine it folds under some kind of guard and loads itself when released. I don't agree that the crossbow was overpowered, we should have access to a lethal silent ranged weapon, it makes sense that an assassin would have one.

ShoryukenMan
06-02-2014, 11:03 PM
In the blurry image it looks that he has a small pointed tip on the hood. Did they bring the beak back? If so, yay!

I always liked that little design, even if it does give away that you're an assassin.

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I'd imagine it folds under some kind of guard and loads itself when released. I don't agree that the crossbow was overpowered, we should have access to a lethal silent ranged weapon, it makes sense that an assassin would have one.

We had several lethal, silent ranged weapons in ACB. Crossbow, throwing knives and poison darts. The crossbow was the most overpowered since it could one-shot any enemy, had incredible range and could carry up to 25 ammo. I do NOT want that kind of god mode back.

Megas_Doux
06-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Duh. I'm not talking about historical accuracy, I'm talking about how plausible the mechanism itself would be if it was built back then. We have Codex pages showing us how the hidden gun was mounted on top of the hidden blade, and how the poison blade could have been carved in between those two. Sure, those mechanisms didn't really exist, but the drawings make them look believable at least. This thing? Doesn't look believable at all.

Because it is pretty plausible having a gun that size out of some random explanation, completely ignoring the fact the recoil effect provided by highly the unstable gunpowder of those days would blow, or least brake the wrist in the first shoot......

And Forgot the Da vinci´s machines! This thing, if true, looks normal in comparison to those.

RinoTheBouncer
06-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Desmond Miles wielding a mini-hidden-crossbow. HELL YEAH :P

prince162010
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Amazing @_@ can't wait it for E3

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 11:23 PM
The real Leonardo Da Vinci actually built prototypes for those machines, so it's not like the devs pulled them completely out of their asses.

Let's just say I'm willing to suspend my disbelief as far as the hidden gun the way it's depicted in AC2 (long aiming time, requires steadying). Recoil would definitely be a problem, I'll give you that, but I always put it down to Leo following Altaïr's instructions carefully. I never liked the idea of Altaïr's armor actually being indestructible (and it wasn't, as we saw in ACB) nor the hookblade, they just screamed unrealistic to me. Maybe that's selective of me, but the hidden gun is already at the very edge of implausibility. I want them to go more, not less realistic as the series moves forward.

LoyalACFan
06-02-2014, 11:23 PM

The Hidden Bolt is already a part of AC lore, like it or not. Francesco Vecellio had one. As for the design, that's still subject to change... Connor's hidden blade looked totally different in early screenshots, like this one.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329075229/assassinscreed/images/5/54/ACIII-GI_%283%29.jpg

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
The Hidden Bolt is already a part of AC lore, like it or not. Francesco Vecellio had one. As for the design, that's still subject to change... Connor's hidden blade looked totally different in early screenshots, like this one.

Who's Francesco Vecellio?

Woah, never noticed how different the blade looks here. Glad they made it more realistic in the game. I hope they will change the crossbow's design before release. I think I will be more okay with it if I don't have to look at it. :nonchalance:

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
We should have something that will silently one shot an enemy, as I said before were supposed to be Assassins, good Assassins kill silently and I am of a mind that poison should be used differently, we should be allowed to set up assassinations, we should be able to go in before and stage the area like planting poison or hiding until our target is alone or setting up something or someone that will distract so we can kill an enemy silently and walk away.

This is why I have a problem with memory sync, I find it to constricting, it won't allow me to play how I want to play.

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 11:33 PM
We should have something that will silently one shot an enemy, as I said before were supposed to be Assassins, good Assassins kill silently and I am of a mind that poison should be used differently, we should be allowed to set up assassinations, we should be able to go in before and stage the area like planting poison or hiding until our target is alone or setting up something or someone that will distract so we can kill an enemy silently and walk away.

I agree, but there should be limitations. Otherwise there's no need to bother setting up anything: you just march in and shoot everyone in the face. ACB crossbow had 25 ammo capacity. Twenty-five. That's more than there typically are guards in any guarded location. In AC1 you only have 5 throwing knives for several sequences and you have to plan your approach carefully to make them count. Only in the last stages of the game do you get upgraded to 10 knives. Those 10 are a luxury that has to be earned. Twenty-freaking-five? Is a joke.

prince162010
06-02-2014, 11:34 PM
I found a closer look on the poster guys ...

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10440880_509576065809974_430389073146360459_n.jpg

LoyalACFan
06-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Who's Francesco Vecellio?

This guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Francesco_Vecellio). It talks about the Hidden Bolt in the Trivia section.

Woah, never noticed how different the blade looks here. Glad they made it more realistic in the game. I hope they will change the crossbow's design before release. I think I will be more okay with it if I don't have to look at it. :nonchalance:

Yeah, I doubt you're ever going to see it close-up in the game, except maybe when you first get it, so even if the design stays the exact same it shouldn't be that noticeable.

SixKeys
06-02-2014, 11:37 PM
I found a closer look on the poster guys ...

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10440880_509576065809974_430389073146360459_n.jpg

Ahahahaha, this spin & win thing sounds ridiculous.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I agree, but there should be limitations. Otherwise there's no need to bother setting up anything: you just march in and shoot everyone in the face. ACB crossbow had 25 ammo capacity. Twenty-five. That's more than there typically are guards in any guarded location. In AC1 you only have 5 throwing knives for several sequences and you have to plan your approach carefully to make them count. Only in the last stages of the game do you get upgraded to 10 knives. Those 10 are a luxury that has to be earned. Twenty-freaking-five? Is a joke.

I will give you the ammo thing. But srsly I want planned assassinations back, and I want multiple ways to preform said assassination, hell I even want us to be able to stroll in there and kill everyone if we are skillfull enough, but that should be the hardest way.

Ureh
06-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Maybe I'm seeing things but the heads on the slot machine seem to be wearing beaked hoods.
Because it is pretty plausible having a gun that size out of some random explanation, completely ignoring the fact the recoil effect provided by highly the unstable gunpowder of those days would blow, or least brake the wrist in the first shoot......And Forgot the Da vinci´s machines! This thing, if true, looks normal in comparison to those.My memory is a bit fuzzy but didn't Altair mention in his Codex that the gun was crafted from a special metallurgic process and that the powder was specially designed for this type of gun?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Ahahahaha, this spin & win thing sounds ridiculous.

Sounds like it's going to be complicated too X_X

Locopells
06-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Heck this place is busy tonight!

As for the photos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LebFQRzJNKk

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Guys. guys guys guys GUYS GUYS GIUYS

eqw;kjdhxeirwyfeliufmwoeiuf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDFwuu2EZaE

FRICKIN CALLED IT. I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!

We are GOIN dishonored!!!!!!

QBSD

I M SO EXCITED> This is our new stealth weapon

This is literally the best news ever. FINALLY we return to a hidden wrist weapon. GUYS.

Can someone hug me? Someone seriously. Pie? Pac? Loc? ANYONE? HUG ME

Also, dat concept art tho

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2014, 01:52 AM
old news - it got merged into the other thread

and WM

I can't hug you in this persona

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 01:54 AM
old news - it got merged into the other thread

and WM

I can't hug you in this persona
Oh really? Oh..awkard.

Sorry everyone.

Locopells
06-03-2014, 02:06 AM
No matter, I'll do it again!

And you're not the only one geeking out here, Wolf (me too!) - will a manly shoulder pat do, instead of a hug?!

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 02:27 AM
@poptartz

I know photoshop but adobe made it so you need to pay a subscription to use it which sucks :(

So I can't use it anymore :(

@steves

in like 2 minutes on a terrible program yeah

Radman500
06-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Still would have preferred hidden blade guns. they're coolio :rolleyes:
mayrice, you really like that smily :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 02:34 AM
I don't like the smiley that much. but it's the only accurate expression I got.I come from a forum that has literally 300+ smilies so excuse me for struggling with the limited pallet :mad:

And im not that mad but thats the closest emote i got :mad:

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-03-2014, 02:44 AM
I don't like the smiley that much. but it's the only accurate expression I got.I come from a forum that has literally 300+ smilies so excuse me for struggling with the limited pallet :mad:

And im not that mad but thats the closest emote i got :mad:

So cute when you're angry :p *patpatpat*

LoyalACFan
06-03-2014, 02:47 AM
I'm heartbroken that you did not ask for my hug by name, Wolfmeister.

I'll give you one anyway.

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm heartbroken that you did not ask for my hug by name, Wolfmeister.

I'll give you one anyway.

sorry lol

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 02:52 AM
No matter, I'll do it again!

And you're not the only one geeking out here, Wolf (me too!) - will a manly shoulder pat do, instead of a hug?!

What is the difference between a manly shoulder pat and a non manly shoulder pat??

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 02:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ild8wwV.gif
http://i.imgur.com/siQJK4Y.gif
http://i.imgur.com/kA1fLf6.gif
http://i.imgur.com/yxy4lyO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Aq5b5aE.gif
http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/N0eQRo6.png
http://i.imgur.com/9G253We.gif
http://i.imgur.com/o7LIoIS.gif
http://i.imgur.com/fxwpeE0.gif
http://i.imgur.com/3dMjp.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/2pys0vr.png
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/17rgon1.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/gar2fy5.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/omges1.png
http://i.imgur.com/cEuedMe.gif
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/rofl.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/Stoneded.png
http://i.imgur.com/z6HbtNE.png
http://i.imgur.com/nDaxxYI.gif
http://s2.postimage.org/mujtr2kl1/Tg93_PTs.gif
http://i.imgur.com/I9V1N8m.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/uwaheq2.png
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/wth.png
http://s24.postimage.org/6q5gcgs9d/if_Zul3_O.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/picture.php?albumid=6596&pictureid=75433
http://i.imgur.com/6sF1cvK.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q1j8gop.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ua0ykl4.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lAru4pJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/P2FyvuX.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/headscratch.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/hm.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/faceplam.png
http://i.imgur.com/s4nOfhm.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ro5eYlA.gif
http://i.imgur.com/PRUkZvI.gif
http://i.imgur.com/sbAbnKz.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/rlz4ib.png
http://i.imgur.com/I53WcjU.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/smoke0aq.gif
http://i.imgur.com/IOF092m.gif
http://i.imgur.com/jRzYl89.gif
http://i.imgur.com/eIcwGbl.png
http://i.imgur.com/JNTihD2.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/kruemelmonster.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/2z7exox.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/ano.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ap89yDT.png
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/swtfpm5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/yPEbEgW.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/suave.gif
http://i.imgur.com/TkmEI2D.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hbNJ6C0.png
http://i.imgur.com/zSndktK.gif
http://i.imgur.com/XXokOxv.gif
http://i.imgur.com/XHe8B7B.gif
http://i.imgur.com/YZbOWRg.png
http://i.imgur.com/xRX1thN.gif
http://i.imgur.com/GvbTgE5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/JUFH1Xn.gif
http://i.imgur.com/JeLKkjw.gif
http://www.narutoforums.com/picture.php?albumid=6596&pictureid=75801
http://i.imgur.com/jbevcEm.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/2s7yn7o.gif
http://www.thewrestlingfan.com/images/wcsmileys/smiley2.png
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/WillSmith.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/80U6cQX.png
http://i.imgur.com/DpIGuE3.png

I demand all these be emotes :rolleyes:

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 03:01 AM
I hope that they bring back free aiming. Because with free aiming, it makes it more skill based, where if you hit the body it does less damage, but on the head it kills. Whereas with like AC3 style aiming, all they can do is make the guns have different stats that take skill out of the equation.

People should not be worrying about authenticity here. AC is far from realistic. Hidden blade mechanism is impossible. If it is triggered by a muscle movement there is NO way an assassin could keep from flexing that muscle by accident. Wearing hoods obstructs 30-40% of your view, which hurts your stealth and combat capabilities. Air assassinations are possible, but not at the same height at which they do it. Even a body would not be enough to shield you from the force of impact of falling from 5 stories. Leap of faith? self explanatory. Ledge grabbing? Impossible. Falling 3 stories and then grabbing on to a ledge below you would tear your arm off as easily as you would break a toothpick. Only modern rope darts made with extremely advance nylon or other material would be able to stay taught and unbroken while sustaining the weight of a human body. A wrist gun with such a short barrel would be impossible, as the explosion from the powder ignition would injure the arm severely. There is a reason the barrels of the muskets back then were so long, and it isn't just because of accuracy.

I think we can get away with a wrist crossbow. Altair had one, remember? In bloodlines.

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 03:07 AM
The spin to win thing is super silly now that I know what it is. Like, just gimme the game. Or bonus content. I'm not in a casino http://i.imgur.com/nDaxxYI.gif

but whatever it's their descision. I don't see the reasoning behind it but maybe there is a good one. http://i.imgur.com/ap89yDT.png

LoyalACFan
06-03-2014, 03:31 AM
What is the difference between a manly shoulder pat and a non manly shoulder pat??

I'm guessing the manly one involves Victorian-era facial hair and a friendly boxing match.

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 03:40 AM
Boxing is so stupid. If you are gonna make people fight, let them FIGHT, not have a freaking pillow fight with those fairy dust filled oven mitts

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2014, 03:50 AM
what do you think about mma wm

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-03-2014, 08:57 AM

One's manly.

trolololol

I kid, I have no idea. A pat is a pat is a pat.

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
06-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Maybe it has a grappling hook system ontop of the usual crossbow mechanics. Ascend/descend buildings faster, swing across long distances and around corners. Maybe even pull someone off the ground and onto the roof.

I like how the hookblade was used in some of the tombs. So maybe this'll be used to solve puzzles. Yeah, i think it's a great idea. I hope this is real. Oh, do you remember Spin to Win? Here it is http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/acu-prize-drop.aspx is not in the videogame, if you see at the top of the slot machine, under Unity logo, you can see three Assassin faces, they are unknown, i think the one in the middle is Arnaud, and the other i don't know, the beak of the hood is back!!!

Moultonborough
06-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Well it made it on to IGN....... http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/assassins-creed-unity-dlc-revealed-by-poster (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/assassins-creed-unity-dlc-revealed-by-poster). Anyway, (kinda off topic) but where did everyone get the name Arno from? So far we've seen is a forced part of a trailer and rumors. Anyone got a verified link? Back on topic I would love to see a crossbow like that I think it would be very very cool. I wonder if they will hype it as much as the Hookblade was for AC:R.

Locopells
06-03-2014, 09:53 AM

Presentation!

The spin to win thing is super silly now that I know what it is. Like, just gimme the game. Or bonus content. I'm not in a casino http://i.imgur.com/nDaxxYI.gif
but whatever it's their descision. I don't see the reasoning behind it but maybe there is a good one. http://i.imgur.com/ap89yDT.png

It's this year's version of the Ace of Spades thing, I think.

Boxing is so stupid. If you are gonna make people fight, let them FIGHT, not have a freaking pillow fight with those fairy dust filled oven mitts

Never seen the point of boxing.

Moultonborough
06-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Presentation!

It's this year's version of the Ace of Spades thing, I think.

Never seen the point of boxing.

Giving people brain damage?

TheHumanTowel
06-03-2014, 12:19 PM
The gloves are to prevent the boxers from breaking their knuckles its not to make the punches softer. If anything its made it more dangerous because they can continuously throw strong punches to the head without hurting their hand like they would in bare knuckle.

Shahkulu101
06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
It's also not just about satisfying the primitive urge of violence - boxing's a sweet science. An incredibly skilled art form that is difficult to master.

You are beyond ignorant, Wolf.

killzab
06-03-2014, 01:56 PM

Well you DO bring up race all the time ! ALL THE TIME ! For months now ! Just stop already.

And it's not Arno it's Arnaud ! When are people going to finally spell it right ?

marvelfannumber
06-03-2014, 02:30 PM
And it's not Arno it's Arnaud ! When are people going to finally spell it right ?

Actually saying "Arno" is more correct, as that is what the leaker said it was. The leaker said his english was bad however, so others made the assumption that it could be Arnaud as that looks more French.

Both of them could be wrong though....guess we'll find out at E3 (just one more week...just one more week....)

Farlander1991
06-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Saying "Arno" is essentially like saying "Etsio", or "Al Moo-aleem", or "Heyfam" - yes, sounds exactly/almost/pretty much the same, but not how that name would be transcribed into English from its original language (or not how it would be written in its original language). The others that said 'Arnaud' were actually French.

EDIT: Though, to be honest, languages are such a mess anyway, and the whole 'transcribing a name from one language to another' is even messier :p

EDIT2: Both Arno and Arnaud are German in origin, but Arnaud is how French actually say it. And by say it I mean write it. Why languages are so confusing? >_<

Kirokill
06-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Saying "Arno" is essentially like saying "Etsio", or "Al Moo-aleem", or "Heyfam" - yes, sounds exactly/almost/pretty much the same, but not how that name would be transcribed into English from its original language. The others that said 'Arnaud' were actually French.

EDIT: Though, to be honest, languages are such a mess anyway, and the whole 'transcribing a name from one language to another' is even messier :p

It's like saying Altair too.

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Altaik is a muslim

Hassassiyin
06-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Altaik is a muslim
He's not

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Yes he is

I know because I don't know a thing about muslims or the middle east, but i do know a lot about Al Qaeda

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Altair supposed to be pronounced "Al-Tair" instead of "Al-Tie-Air"?

Hassassiyin
06-03-2014, 02:52 PM
He's Arabic not Muslim, there is a difference.
Are you trying to be ignorant? ******

Kirokill
06-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Altair supposed to be pronounced "Al-Tair" instead of "Al-Tie-Air"?

الطائر
Al-Ta-Air
الطير
Al-Tair

This name isn't used where I live, so don't have much knowledge, sorry.

Also the T is a heavy one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su1IP07F3lc#t=45
The right row 4th letter from the top.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-03-2014, 02:56 PM

If my memory serves me correctly, in their language, the L was not to be pronounced, so it sounds more like "A-Tie-Ear"

killzab
06-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm french, trust me, it's Arnaud, never Arno.

Farlander1991
06-03-2014, 03:03 PM
It's like saying Altair too.

Not really (or maybe I just don't see how it's like saying Altair too?) I mean, it's not like we pronounce 'Arnaud' as 'Ar-nod', it's still pronounced as 'Ar-no'. The same applies to Altair - the original pronunciation stays (though in the west nobody seems to really know it :p And the Arabic/Latin alphabet transition is also a complex one...)

While Ezio/Etsio comparison is taking an Italian name - Ezio, and writing it as it sounds (at least approximately) - Etsio, disregarding the original owner/origin. That's what's happening with Arnoud/Arno.

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Oh yeah if it is Arno or Arnaud it is DEFINITELY Arnaud..which is an actual French name lol.

marvelfannumber
06-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I can't believe we are arguing over the authencity of a name that has not even been made official yet....come on E3! Why does it seem like forever?!

king-hailz
06-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Al tair is a muslim name since my cousin is a muslim and he shares the same name... however if you have played the game you can tell he is an atheist...

Locopells
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Muslim upbringing, I think, but Atheist in beliefs.

Kirokill
06-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Al tair is a muslim name since my cousin is a muslim and he shares the same name... however if you have played the game you can tell he is an atheist...

Muslim is a religion. Arabic is a language.
The name is of an Arabic origin.
Don't mix those up.

His father is Muslim, his mother is Christian. I'm sure it's not the opposite.
He's an Atheist in beliefs.

pacmanate
06-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I can't believe we are arguing over the authencity of a name that has not even been made official yet....come on E3! Why does it seem like forever?!

You're new... hello there.

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Arno sounds cooler but Arnaud sounds classier and frenchier :rolleyes:

watch his name end up being 'Steve' or something.

killzab
06-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Arno sounds cooler but Arnaud sounds classier and frenchier :rolleyes:

watch his name end up being 'Steve' or something.

This is completely idiotic since they are pronounced the exact same way.

marvelfannumber
06-03-2014, 06:00 PM
This is completely idiotic since they are pronounced the exact same way.

Yeah but saying it with an accent just sounds so much classier.

Hassassiyin
06-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah say it with a french accent.. Archrchrchgggno

JustPlainQuirky
06-03-2014, 06:16 PM
It's still pronounced 'Arno'?

Well my 4 years of french taught me nothing then.

I thought it was Arr-Nod

killzab
06-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Yeah but saying it with an accent just sounds so much classier.

No

It's still pronounced 'Arno'?

Well my 4 years of french taught me nothing then.

I thought it was Arr-Nod

Yes, you don't pronounce the D

marvelfannumber
06-03-2014, 06:30 PM
No

Well you're quite depressing, not even a reason? Oh well, no to you too ol' chap.

Wolfmeister1010
06-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Well you're quite depressing, not even a reason? Oh well, no to you too ol' chap.

You'll get used to it eventually.

Shahkulu101
06-03-2014, 06:39 PM
^ Shots fired shots fired!

Sushiglutton
06-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Lol you know it's been a dry news year when people are arguing about a haircut and a French name.

Shahkulu101
06-03-2014, 06:53 PM
tbf his name will be Ratonhaketon and Arnaud is just an alias like Connor was

lol jk

jk I'm not actually jk

Sushiglutton
06-03-2014, 06:59 PM
^^^You mean Le Ratohnakéteau de Conneur

pacmanate
06-03-2014, 06:59 PM

lol jk

jk I'm not actually jk
My poor head!

Locopells
06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Lol you know it's been a dry news year when people are arguing about a haircut and a French name.

Yeah, I know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kaZEtg-rF0

Radman500
06-03-2014, 07:32 PM

lol jk

jk I'm not actually jk
look at the chemical revolution artwork

ITS NOT CONNOR

Shahkulu101
06-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Or is that just what the MAN wants you to believe!

Open up your mind, bro.

Radman500
06-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Open up your mind, bro.
dude its not connor

I-Like-Pie45
06-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Reading comprehension and sarcasm detector fail much?

SixKeys
06-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm just gonna keep calling him Arno until they officially announce his name.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-03-2014, 10:37 PM

Open up your mind, bro.

I believe! I believe! lol

Locopells
06-04-2014, 12:22 AM
http://www.nickpicksflicks.com/believe-ticket.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-04-2014, 12:37 AM
The Polar express is hilarious. They treat santa like jesus

Locopells
06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Well, I haven't seen him coming down the chimney lately...

prince162010
06-04-2014, 01:35 AM
I think the Co-Op mode is confirmed by this pic, I THINK !!

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/1912303_1430771650524197_2430005636684638749_n.jpg