PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Comet

sam_ruleszz123
05-31-2014, 10:11 PM
We all know that Assassin's Creed Unity is designed for the next-gen consoles and the pc.
But Ubisoft told the consel players (ps3 and xbox360) that we would get another game for this gen.
We only hear things about AC Unity, but what is happenning with the new game for ps3 xbox360 and pc ?!?

SixKeys
05-31-2014, 10:23 PM
There are rumors of a current-gen game being in the works. The working title is AC: Comet, but there haven't been any concrete news about it. Some rumors say it might be set in ancient Rome, but it could just be hearsay.

JustPlainQuirky
05-31-2014, 10:26 PM
other rumors say it's about a templar who sails the seas with Haytham Kenway and Ade or something.

LieutenantRex
05-31-2014, 10:28 PM
But given the rate of underwhelming games this company's been pumping out, it'll most definitely be disappointing.

DumbGamerTag94
05-31-2014, 11:14 PM
I HIGHLY doubt it would be set in Ancient Rome. They wouldn't waste starting a whole new era and an awesome location like that on old hardware and not being able to make it look as good as possible. And the Rome this is pretty much debunked anyway it was just someone speculating. And then another guy did some thing where he supposedly got ahold of concept art(I forget how but he made it sound like he had a connection), but it was only modified concept art for Ryse Son of Rome. It was a troll.

I really feel the 1700s Templar sailing rumor is probably true. It'd bridge the gap between AC4 and AC3s stories. The stuff from Forsaken is only from Haytham's perspective. And the cutscene at the end of the credits is of the first time Haytham saw the beggars opera with his dad. So it may well have something to do with the next game. Perhaps it is going to have events that occurred in Forsaken, but from another perspective. Since the earlier parts Haytham would be quite young, and his story has already been told. Perhaps Reginald Birch? Or the dude we assassinate at the beginning of AC3? And I know the Rumor said New York. But wouldn't London make more sense? Haytham didn't come to America until the 1750s and since this game if the rumors or true would tie in to that story wouldn't it make more sense to follow the Kenway story in some way. Even if it isn't in their perspective.

Idk I just think a story that shows Edwards death in London and maybe Haythams working with Braddock in war could use a little explanation(that isn't in a book nobody is reading save a few)

Idk perhaps cities like London, Paris, and Amsterdam? Idk sounds cooler to me than....well just another pirate/sailor whose story really has nothing to do with the "Kenway Saga" but he will meet Ade and Haytham once so therefore we'll try to pass it off as part of that "saga"

JustPlainQuirky
05-31-2014, 11:30 PM
Reginald Birch always felt like a villain in Forsaken. It would be nice to hear his motive for killing Edward and other stuff.

Though we already know how his story ends so it might be a bit underwhelming.

I rather play as someone new.

DumbGamerTag94
06-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Reginald Birch always felt like a villain in Forsaken. It would be nice to hear his motive for killing Edward and other stuff.

Though we already know how his story ends so it might be a bit underwhelming.

I rather play as someone new.

"We" is a very subjective term. I mean sure if you've read Forsaken(and a vast majority of players have not) you know what happened to him and the whole scenario with Haytham etc. But if you ask most players of Assassin's Creed and surveyed them at a store or something I bet the top results would be as follows.

Either......: Who's Reginald Birch?(since his presence is so minor in AC3 he is easily forgotten).........or: Yeah I know of him, but I have no clue what happened to him.......or: What the hell is Forsaken? You mean there's Assassin's Creed books?

Most people who like the games don't even realize how much supplement material there is, and typically would only know what has been given in the games.

Take me for example I haven't been on these forums very long and until I came here didn't realize there were books, and on top of that I hadn't even realized Reginald Birch was responsible for Edward's death, or that Haytham was responsible for killing Birch. That was all new to me. And I consider myself a fairly avid fan of the series and never knew that. And I haven't read the book nor do I plan to. So all I know is that Birch is killed by Haytham, and Haytham's sister ends up in Constantinople for some reason. I know none of the details or many of the major plot points so any game depicting it would be completely new and exciting for me. And I would bet money my knowledge is more than the average AC player.

So they could easily make a story around the events of Forsaken and only underwhelm a very small number of fans who read the book. And even many like me who know what happens, don't know enough about the rest of the story for it to bother me or spoil anything because I may know how it ends, but the journey and details would all be new to me. It would be like when the Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movies came out everyone loved them and hardly anyone read the books before that point. And I'm sure many hardcore fans who read the books first either hated the films or at least certain parts(like I personally hated the Harry Potter series handling of the movie versions of books 4-7). You only would spoil it for yourself while everyone else would think it was awesome. Know what I mean?

And they could even avoid doing that by covering the same story line with a different character or perspective. Like maybe a Templar that was there when Edward was killed and you embark on a journey from there that happens to coincide with a hand full of events from Forsaken(but not all) so the stories stay unique, but cover the same stuff. Or from an Assassin perspective as the man Haytham killed at the opera in AC3. Idk there are many ways it could work. I really would rather something along those lines, than trying to make anther Pirate game after we have already seen that all the major pirates(except Edward) died, and the age of pirates is over. It would just seem silly. A sailing game where we just hang out in New York and ship goods while encountering people like Haytham and Ade just so it seems relevant to AC, sounds really lame to me. Ole Timey Shipping Tycoon would make more sense for a title.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 12:54 AM
That's a long way of saying "most have not read the books"

ze_topazio
06-01-2014, 01:09 AM
In AC4 we saw part of the period known as the golden age of piracy, but piracy didn't end after that, pirates kept doing their business as always.

The Harry Potter books were already massively popular before the movies and The Lord of The Rings books are a legend, popular since the 40's, the movies only started a new wave of interest on them, especially among younger generations, saying that barely anyone read them before their movie adaptations is absurd.

DumbGamerTag94
06-01-2014, 01:09 AM
That's a long way of saying "most have not read the books"

Hahahaha that's true. I also tried to offer up alternatives so it didn't copy the books somewhere in there. I apologize I just tend to think and write at the same time on the fly. So everything I am thinking just gets typed as I'm thinking it. So I have a tendency to be wordy some times. haha sorry.

JustPlainQuirky
06-01-2014, 01:13 AM
It's cool Bmark. :cool:

DumbGamerTag94
06-01-2014, 01:22 AM
In AC4 we saw part of the period known as the golden age of piracy, but piracy didn't end after that, pirates kept doing their business as always.

The Harry Potter books were already massively popular before the movies and The Lord of The Rings books are a legend, popular since the 40's, the movies only reignited a new wave of interest on them, especially among younger generations, saying that barely anyone read them before their movie adaptations is absurd.

Ok now that's just being very technical. What I was meaning to get across is that the VAST majority of the people who saw the movies, did not read the books. Sure several million copies of each series may have been read and loved up to that point. But Billions of people saw the movies. So ALOT of those people had to have never read the books. I never said they weren't popular, just how everyone and his brother loved the movies and only learned of each series from them. To say something is poplar in the literary world is a completely different scale in todays world than the world of Film and television. Books just aren't the primary source of entertainment anymore.

And the Potter series wasn't even finished when the movies started rolling out, so sure the original book or two was popular, but only after that first movie did things REALLY take off and so many people started flocking to it due to the bandwagon effect. Making the books that came out after the film series began fly off the shelves like hotcakes. I highly doubt either series would be so pop culturally significant without the films, even The lord of the Rings, sure its been around forever and there was some cartoon adaptations in the 70s, but it only really took off and became almost universally understood and referenced after the films which were only recent.

You could never just walk up to a random person and say "YOU.....SHALL NOT.....PASSSS!!!!!" or "He who should not be named" and have them understand you if it were not for those movies. Without them people wouldn't get it, and only a very select few would ever get the reference.

Movies and Games are just wayyyyyy more popular than books these days. Its just that simple.

and as for the pirates thing. Yes your right there were still pirates and there still are today, only the age of notorious pirates and the Golden Age of Piracy ended with the deaths of all the legends like Blackbeard and Bart Roberts. Sure they would still have pirates after that, but it would just feel silly since their significance historically had greatly diminished by then. I think it would just feel weird idk, and it would be a very repetitive theme seing as we literally just had a Pirate game that everyone criticized for not being a True AC.

deskp
06-01-2014, 01:31 AM
we havent heard anything about unity either, or rather we shouldn't have.

DumbGamerTag94
06-01-2014, 01:37 AM
we havent heard anything about unity either, or rather we shouldn't have.

Yeah. It seems they really wanted to keep this one under wraps. We aren't even supposed to know what we know now. I wonder why all the secrecy?

deskp
06-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Yeah. It seems they really wanted to keep this one under wraps. We aren't even supposed to know what we know now. I wonder why all the secrecy?
It's just a better marketing plan suited for the current situation with whats going on wth the franchise and otherwise in 2015

Sushiglutton
06-01-2014, 05:44 PM
In eight days, five hours and fifteen minutes all will be revealed!

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 05:46 PM
AC: Unity will probably get a port to last gen after a couple of months.

Will_Lucky
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
AC: Unity will probably get a port to last gen after a couple of months.

Oh yeah, good idea. Port the current gen only game to the last gen consoles so they can enjoy a slideshow.

Assassins Creed Comet is the last gen offering. The only way Unity is getting a cross-gen release is if they've cancelled Comet and started cutting corners on Unity to get it to work on last gen consoles.

The only game with a chance of a port is Comet to current gen games.

jayjay275
06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
If Unity gets a port, I will go nuts.
Last gen needs to stop limiting current gen games.

DinoSteve1
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
How would porting back limit what we get now, its porting forward that should worry you.

Oh yeah, good idea. Port the current gen only game to the last gen consoles so they can enjoy a slideshow.

Assassins Creed Comet is the last gen offering. The only way Unity is getting a cross-gen release is if they've cancelled Comet and started cutting corners on Unity to get it to work on last gen consoles.

The only game with a chance of a port is Comet to current gen games.
If ubisoft want to make money its a good idea, even by next xmas the next gen install base will not be big as last gen.

Will_Lucky
06-02-2014, 02:08 PM
How would porting back limit what we get now, its porting forward that should worry you.

If ubisoft want to make money its a good idea, even by next xmas the next gen install base will not be big as last gen.

Alright, yes it is more limiting. They are using the XB1 and PS4 as the base for Unity which means that game is being developed to work on the Current-Gen consoles. They would have to bend over backwards to downgrade it.

And yes it is a problem in the long run, they downgrade it what is there to compel people to upgrade? If people don't upgrade they'll be more compelled to make multiple costly versions. From a financial standpoint having two seperate games this one year for each generation is better. An AC3 Pre-Sequel is likely cheaper to produce so not a problem. While Unity is likely having Assets and Animations made from the bottom up that might need a workaround on the current gen.

At the end of the day they want to develop for three platforms not five. By convincing people to upgrade they up the chances of getting to do that next year.

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Do you think we may see someone else from the first civ with a plan to stop Juno?

Locopells
06-03-2014, 01:09 AM
I'd be surprised if we don't - unless there's some reason why the Eye wouldn't work past 21/12/2012...

Hans684
06-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd be surprised if we don't - unless there's some reason why the Eye wouldn't work past 21/12/2012...

If I remember correctly the Eye is has gone in pieces some time after Desmond touched it. It's shown in the autopsy video from Black Flag.

Ureh
06-03-2014, 04:30 PM
@Hans684 Minerva says there are more than one eye.

Hans684
06-03-2014, 04:44 PM

I know.

Megas_Doux
06-03-2014, 05:42 PM

If my memory does not betray me, each assassin symbol marks a similar place to the one visited in AC III, and according to ACR and AC III, those temples contain "Eyes" and other similar artifacts.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121108202601/assassinscreed/images/0/07/ACII_Codex_Eagle_V.png

raytrek79
06-04-2014, 06:13 AM
I'd expect them to go Mayan, Inca or Aztec next, notably the Spanish Conquistador, around Tenochtitlan, Chechen Itza, Machu Pichu, etc. But who knows?

Here is an excerpt I found;

In the decade before the Spanish arrived in Mexico, Aztec Emperor Montezuma II and his people were filled with a sense of foreboding. A series of evil omens had foretold of calamities to come. A fiery comet crossed the sky. The temple of Huitzilopochtli, the god of war, burst into flames. The Lake of Mexico boiled and rose, flooding into houses.