PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III: Concepts and Pre-Production footage *OMG*

phoenix-force411
05-31-2014, 04:17 AM
This is probably one of the coolest things I found on ACIII. The combat looks super fluid! Not sure if you guys have seen it but I was amazed by how well things would have gone if they kept most of elements. The parkour does seem a bit wobbly and unrealistic though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGEXfOmaMc

I-Like-Pie45
05-31-2014, 04:46 AM
This is old

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-31-2014, 05:24 AM
I remember seeing that before.. is still awesome. Wish they had kept ALL of it in the game :p

phoenix-force411
05-31-2014, 05:28 AM
Lol, of course it's old, but I've been trying to look for some sort of alpha video of ACIII since I saw little glimpse of it only. Still, it amazes me on how much effort they put into but they had to scrap out a lot of it. Pity.

Farlander1991
05-31-2014, 05:37 AM
Still, it amazes me on how much effort they put into but they had to scrap out a lot of it.

Not a lot of effort (relatively to the making of the whole game, of course ;) Still hard work). The first 'gameplay' part is a CGI video to get the general feel of the game, done in a very quick manner and used as a reference while making the actual game (during development of course a lot of things would change).

Ureh
05-31-2014, 05:55 AM
That music.... so poignant. Wow... I hope they played it during the presentation. :eek:

GunnerGalactico
05-31-2014, 09:17 AM
I remember seeing that before.. is still awesome. Wish they had kept ALL of it in the game :p

Accept jumping on floating dead bodies... that's just not realistic.

oliacr
05-31-2014, 09:22 AM
This is very interesting. Seeing that how the game has changed since this very early footage.

jayjay275
05-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Looks better than the final product. :(

Locopells
05-31-2014, 10:22 AM
This sort of thing always does - it's conceptual, after all, they can never live up to it.

And yeah, this has been seen before - but it's nice to see again!

marvelfannumber
05-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Ah I always loved that target footage alot. The atmosphere is soooo much better and more ambient there compared to the final game. I also like Connor's design and the hud alot more. I would really like to know why the scrapped some of this stuff.

jayjay275
05-31-2014, 10:54 AM
I never got the feeling that it felt dark during night time in AC3, which is pretty bad..

AherasSTRG
05-31-2014, 11:07 AM
Was Hutchinson the creative director of the game since then?

jayjay275
05-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Was Hutchinson the creative director of the game since then?

Yup, I belive so. Hutchinson worked on AC3, and my favourite creative director was Ashraf Ismail, who worked on ACBF and should work on another.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Accept jumping on floating dead bodies... that's just not realistic.

Lolz, true. Just wish they didn't advertise so many features that didn't end up in the game anyway. Almost like misleading advertising lol

TheHumanTowel
05-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Of course it looks smooth it's a pre-rendered video not an actual build of the game.

SixKeys
05-31-2014, 04:06 PM
I love the part at 6:47 when they show Connor's evolution from a child to a man. Nice transitions there.

deskp
05-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Lolz, true. Just wish they didn't advertise so many features that didn't end up in the game anyway. Almost like misleading advertising lol

wich features and when did they advertise them? that video is just part of the early start of figuring out your game, people like you is why gamestudios rarely show early stuff concet videos/prototyypes etc, Because you seemingly think its real and is waht the game will be.

jsut like when those early acU screenshots elaked out, ubisoft had to release a traielr cause people would think the screenshots had anything to do with the final quality.

With games nothing is set uintill you have the game in the hand of the consumer, it's just how making games work. and if youre connected to the internet the game might change still after release.

Locopells
05-31-2014, 04:47 PM
There was talk of rivers and lake freezing over during winter, so that you could run on them, at one point

jayjay275
05-31-2014, 04:49 PM
There was talk of rivers and lake freezing over during winter, so that you could run on them, at one point

Weren't there talks about canoeing as well?

Locopells
05-31-2014, 04:52 PM
There was a bullshot with it in, but I'm not sure if they ever actually said you could do it - although Liberation had it

SixKeys
05-31-2014, 05:05 PM
There was a bullshot with it in, but I'm not sure if they ever actually said you could do it - although Liberation had it

I think the devs said that canoes were originally meant to be in the game, but had to be taken out at a later stage. They never said why. Canoes would have made sense considering how vast the Frontier is and how often you have to cross huge lakes by swimming. Beavers were originally able to swim too, which probably meant that hunting them in the water would only have been possible from a canoe, but since they removed canoes, beavers had to become slowpoke land-dwellers.

jayjay275
05-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Such a shame. :(

LieutenantRex
05-31-2014, 05:51 PM
It's too bad the game was a disappointment. Hype really should be brought down. Let me correct that: hype from DEVELOPERS and publishers should be brought down. Look at GTA V. There was momentous hype from everyone except Rockstar. They didn't show off or brag, and that's why most people loved the game. With Ubisoft, it's an entirely different matter, which is why I hate E3 sometimes.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-31-2014, 06:53 PM
wich features and when did they advertise them? that video is just part of the early start of figuring out your game, people like you is why gamestudios rarely show early stuff concet videos/prototyypes etc, Because you seemingly think its real and is waht the game will be.

jsut like when those early acU screenshots elaked out, ubisoft had to release a traielr cause people would think the screenshots had anything to do with the final quality.

With games nothing is set uintill you have the game in the hand of the consumer, it's just how making games work. and if youre connected to the internet the game might change still after release.

Well, I'm not too familiar with how gam development works, so I assume that what is advertised is what you'll get lol

And I wish they kept the canoeing function in there, heck even ACL had it...

SixKeys
05-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, I'm not too familiar with how gam development works, so I assume that what is advertised is what you'll get lol

As you absolutely should, as a consumer.

I find it appalling that the video game industry is the only entertainment branch that expects its consumers to understand and accept that the product they are advertising will not be the product they are actually selling. Imagine if movie trailers mainly consisted of cool scenes that were never intended to be in the final movie.

"What happened to Spider-Man fighting with Thor against Iron Man? I paid the ticket prize just for that scene and it wasn't in there at all.
-Oh, that? Weeell, just because we put it in the trailer, it's not fair to expect it to be in the actual movie, right?"

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2014, 07:05 PM
I want this game so bad!
BTW anyone else reminded of altair in this pre production stage? lol

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-31-2014, 07:47 PM
I want this game so bad!
BTW anyone else reminded of altair in this pre production stage? lol

Lol same! That would have been awesome if you could wear the costume in-game itself.... Why, Ubi, why...

JustPlainQuirky
05-31-2014, 08:00 PM
There was going to be frozen lakes? and canoes? D'aaaaaaw :(

deskp
05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
As you absolutely should, as a consumer.

I find it appalling that the video game industry is the only entertainment branch that expects its consumers to understand and accept that the product they are advertising will not be the product they are actually selling. Imagine if movie trailers mainly consisted of cool scenes that were never intended to be in the final movie.

Well, movies alot of time does show scenes in trailers not found in the movies.

the last month of marketing is usualy pretty straight up waht you get in the game, because by then it's mostly done and set.

People following products from before that time should have a certain udnerstanding on how things work.

If you dont want to be part of the pre release rollercoaster just join in with the tv spots and launch trailers.

Locopells
05-31-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I remember The Golden Compass trailer had clips that showed they filmed the full, complete ending...

SixKeys
05-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I remember The Golden Compass trailer had clips that showed they filmed the full, complete ending...

That was some BS. The movie would have been much better if they'd left that in, but they wanted a sequel hook (for a sequel that never happened anyway). The fans widely criticized the movie for the misleading trailers, rightly so.

I-Like-Pie45
05-31-2014, 11:54 PM
The entitlement by these anarchists is disturbingly high

Locopells
06-01-2014, 12:29 AM
That was some BS. The movie would have been much better if they'd left that in, but they wanted a sequel hook (for a sequel that never happened anyway). The fans widely criticized the movie for the misleading trailers, rightly so.

Extended edition!

Americans clearly didn't get it - it did fine in the rest of the world, but they decided to not do the sequel since it did poorly in the US...

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 11:39 AM
ahh.. It still upsets me with how much potential AC3 had. I would have loved to have the frozen lakes Canoes, I even liked jumping across the river while objects are floating by.

I also loved how Connor Goes through the camp and it looks "Real" and feels alive, oh well.. I won't get started but AC3 is still great! :)