PDA

View Full Version : Problem with features in Assassin's Creed!

king-hailz
05-30-2014, 02:18 AM
Ok so I was playing deus ex human revolution... and I realised something... They both have the ability to pick up your enemies when they die... but I rarely use it in AC, it is a feature that Is very useful in DEHR... tye reason I found was that there is no need to do that in AC because it is just so much easier and less time consuming than hiding all the bodies... so how do we fix this... well I think they really need to improve the combat system... It might be ok right now but they really need to do something that makes it really hard to defeat the guards at the beginning of the game... making you want to do stealth... and giving a lot of the features a purpose in the game... They don't need to add features but they need to make the ones they have more useful. This could also allow them to add a proper player progression for the main character. It will make us more immersed in the game. For example you have to do different things to unlock the ability to do stuff...

SixKeys
05-30-2014, 02:36 AM
I don't get it. What does fixing combat have to do with the usefulness of hiding bodies?

Ureh
05-30-2014, 03:23 AM
I think what king-hailz means is that the easy combat makes some players disregard the stealth aspect. So instead of hiding some bodies like an assassin, some players will just opt for the dynamic route cause it usually consumes less time and patience. But if the combat was difficult then folks will be "encouraged" to hide the bodies right?

king-hailz
05-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes... but there are a lot of features in the game there kind of useless... and to make them useful the game needs to be harder.

Aphex_Tim
05-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Well, Deus Ex can be pretty d*mn unforgiving once you break stealth. If Ubi would make it so that the next assassin has mainly stealth tools and can only take on about two enemies at a time, it would make a mechanic like hiding bodies a lot more useful, lest you'll be swarmed by enemies and slaughtered in seconds.

Fatal-Feit
05-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Actually I take that back. I disagree. AC:3 and AC:4 altered its looting system to crafting through animals.

LieutenantRex
05-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Was Assassin's Creed ever a true stealth series anyway?

Hans684
05-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Was Assassin's Creed ever a true stealth series anyway?

Combat wouldn't have been one of the core pillars then.

Locopells
05-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Not as such, it's up to the player to choose - usually. You can either stealth around, hiding bodies as you go, or barrel though, Terminater style...

kevin22101993
05-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Hello i cant get 100 procent at the " Frontiermen side-missions". i did all 6 missions but i cant get 100 procent. i only get 88 procent. I think its a bug can you help me ? best regard kevin

Ureh
05-30-2014, 11:17 PM
@kevin22101993 Have you already completed the Frontiersmen Challenges as well? The list can be found in the logbook in the map menu.

Locopells
05-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Hello i cant get 100 procent at the " Frontiermen side-missions". i did all 6 missions but i cant get 100 procent. i only get 88 procent. I think its a bug can you help me ? best regard kevin

Welcome to the forums! Just to be clear - is this the debunking myths missions (headless horsman, haunted lighthouse, etc) you're talking about? And where is it saying you've only got 88%?

kevin22101993
05-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Welcome to the forums! Just to be clear - is this the debunking myths missions (headless horsman, haunted lighthouse, etc) you're talking about? And where is it saying you've only got 88%?

thanks.Yes. its the last Mission 6 its called UFO i think. in the DNA ist sayed i only have 88 percent completed. ( its there were you can see how many percentage you have reached in all activities you did in the game). without the Mission i reached 76 percent in frontiersmen and with the UFO Mission i completed 88 percent but i should get 100 percent. i heard of this bug but did Ubisoft fixed it ?

kevin22101993
05-31-2014, 12:56 AM
@kevin22101993 Have you already completed the Frontiersmen Challenges as well? The list can be found in the logbook in the map menu.

Yes but this what i am telling is not included. the Challenges are seperated there i got 100 percent

phoenix-force411
05-31-2014, 01:36 AM
You'll be surprised on how useful it is to just throw bodies around a corner....

Landruner
05-31-2014, 02:28 AM
Ok so I was playing deus ex human revolution... and I realised something... They both have the ability to pick up your enemies when they die... but I rarely use it in AC, it is a feature that Is very useful in DEHR... tye reason I found was that there is no need to do that in AC because it is just so much easier and less time consuming than hiding all the bodies... so how do we fix this... well I think they really need to improve the combat system... It might be ok right now but they really need to do something that makes it really hard to defeat the guards at the beginning of the game... making you want to do stealth... and giving a lot of the features a purpose in the game... They don't need to add features but they need to make the ones they have more useful. This could also allow them to add a proper player progression for the main character. It will make us more immersed in the game. For example you have to do different things to unlock the ability to do stuff...

Keeping it and making it more obviously necessary in game play like it could have been in AC2 will be the way to go in my opinion -
You don't use it probably because this feature became redundant just because of the recent pacing of combat game play orientation (killing machine massacre), game and level design that does not any longer emphasis stealth or (discretion strategy) and the sadly moronic AI's of the foes since AC3.

In short and the way I see it - The next AC should intelligently include both type of game play situations: stealth and discretion with that feature still present and obviously necessary for remaining unnoticed and the killing machine combat game play accordingly with the situations presented to the player.

Well a bit like Deus Ex and some other games do so brilliantly....

Locopells
05-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes but this what i am telling is not included. the Challenges are seperated there i got 100 percent

If you're sure you done all three levels of the Challenges as well, then I think this is a glitch. And probably unfixable, sorry...

kevin22101993
05-31-2014, 02:08 PM
If you're sure you done all three levels of the Challenges as well, then I think this is a glitch. And probably unfixable, sorry...

It would be fixable if ubisoft would fix it with a new patch !

kevin22101993
05-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Does it mind for the Trophie to have 88 percent ? Here i have a new descritpion.

hi,
i have a Problem i want to get the trophy "Completionist". Description:
"Complete ALL progress tracker grid entries", but at the Frontiersmen side-missions"
•The Boy Who Cried Wolf
•The Sasquatch
•The Haunted Lighthouse
•The Headless Horseman
•Monster of the Sea
•Unidentified Flying Object

i can´t get 100 percent i only get 88 percent after the Mission " Unidentified Flying Object" in the DNA Progress Tracker. before that Mission " Unidentified Flying Object" i got 76 percentage. But i should get 100 Procent. My total synchronization is up to 92,29 percent after the Mission " Unidentified Flying Object" before that Mission i got 92,25 percent total synchronization.

Can someone help me. is it worth to see 100 percent in the Dann Progress Tracker or doesn´t mind if there is only 88 percent ?

thanks best regrad