PDA

View Full Version : Original rock smith DLC

kidmeatball
05-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked or mentioned before, but what is stopping Ubisoft from "re releasing" the original DLC as brand new 2014 DLC? The files are already compatible, why not release a separate version listed as a 2014 version? Am I underthinking the problem or what?

Steel_Nirvana
05-28-2014, 01:01 AM
My bet is if that made sense, they'd have already done it.

DanAmrich
05-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked or mentioned before, but what is stopping Ubisoft from "re releasing" the original DLC as brand new 2014 DLC? The files are already compatible, why not release a separate version listed as a 2014 version? Am I underthinking the problem or what?

DLC from RS1 is compatible with RS2014. On the consoles, it's all accessible through the in-game store. On Steam, we're working on remove the restriction of owning RS1 to use RS1 DLC in RS 2014.

But if I understand the question correctly, the answer is that there's no need to re-release things that are already released and available for immediate use.

kidmeatball
05-28-2014, 02:15 AM
DLC from RS1 is compatible with RS2014. On the consoles, it's all accessible through the in-game store. On Steam, we're working on remove the restriction of owning RS1 to use RS1 DLC in RS 2014.

But if I understand the question correctly, the answer is that there's no need to re-release things that are already released and available for immediate use.

Right, I get it, but I'm just trying to figure out a work around. If steam is being weird about it, don't leave it in their hands. Take care of it on your own.

toymachinesh
05-28-2014, 03:34 AM
I'd imagine that some of the labels would want compensation for their content being resubmitted

kidmeatball
05-28-2014, 03:42 AM
I'd imagine that some of the labels would want compensation for their content being resubmitted

They would probably have to get that regardless. My point is, the files work, the legal BS is taken care of, don't let Steam bog you down. If they won't move, move through them.

BazzTard61
05-28-2014, 03:55 AM
might be quicker and easier to buy a console than wait for Steam to fix this

kidmeatball
05-28-2014, 06:28 AM
True. I'd settle for a sale. DX:HR rereleased an updated version of the game that addressed a bunch of complaints about the game and allowed previous owners to purchase the updated version for a greatly reduced price. It was well after its life cycle finished, but they couldn't put it in as a DLC because it totally would break the game. Maybe 2014 owners could get a coupon code or something to purchase original Rocksmith at a reduced cost. Doesn't solve the problem, but it does allow at least some of us to buy some of the DLC we really want without having to wait for a solution. Call it a "Time Saver Pack: Ubisoft vs. Valve Deathmatch Bypass."

BaddDadd2010
05-28-2014, 05:01 PM
DLC from RS1 is compatible with RS2014. On the consoles, it's all accessible through the in-game store.Since it might matter to someone reading this and trying to buy the DLC:

I've been unable to find RS1 DLC in the in-game RS2014 store on the PS3. I have to purchase it online from the Playstation store.

C.Linton
05-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Since it might matter to someone reading this and trying to buy the DLC:

I've been unable to find RS1 DLC in the in-game RS2014 store on the PS3. I have to purchase it online from the Playstation store.
I can confirm this.

Aeolius12
05-28-2014, 11:28 PM
So I've been trying to download songs from the original Rocksmith game onto my Rocksmith2014 game. From what I read earlier, Steam is working on making the songs from the original Rocksmith compatible with RS2014. My concern is that on Steam, the original RS dlc is labeled as compatible with Windows. I own a Mac, and am hoping that not only does Steam make original RS dlc compatible with RS2014, but to also make the dlc compatible with Mac. Anyone hear anything thing about this? Should I worry, or expect they get it right.

JK

SquirrellyNinja
05-28-2014, 11:32 PM
So I've been trying to download songs from the original Rocksmith game onto my Rocksmith2014 game. From what I read earlier, Steam is working on making the songs from the original Rocksmith compatible with RS2014. My concern is that on Steam, the original RS dlc is labeled as compatible with Windows. I own a Mac, and am hoping that not only does Steam make original RS dlc compatible with RS2014, but to also make the dlc compatible with Mac. Anyone hear anything thing about this? Should I worry, or expect they get it right.

JK

You won't be able to actually play the original RS1 on a Mac, but for purposes of owning it to bypass Steam's restriction on RS1 DLC or to import the RS1 songs Mac users can buy it and have it in their Steam library just fine.

Aeolius12
05-28-2014, 11:37 PM
You won't be able to actually play the original RS1 on a Mac, but for purposes of owning it to bypass Steam's restriction on RS1 DLC or to import the RS1 songs Mac users can buy it and have it in their Steam library just fine.

So, just to clearify, I can buy RS1 and then download DLC for RS1 on my Mac, but I would not be able to play it?

Also, any word on developing RS for ps4?

SquirrellyNinja
05-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Since it might matter to someone reading this and trying to buy the DLC:

Are you unable to see any RS1 DLC in-game at all or just certain songs and packs that are missing?

dm_gsxr
05-29-2014, 02:17 AM
So, just to clearify, I can buy RS1 and then download DLC for RS1 on my Mac, but I would not be able to play it?

Also, any word on developing RS for ps4?

No, incorrect.

The Rocksmith 1 DLC will download to your Mac and play in Rocksmith 2014 without a problem. There are some outstanding issues with the Rocksmith 1 DLC if you don't own Rocksmith 1. Valve/Steam is gradually converting all the Rocksmith 1 DLC so it can be downloaded to Rocksmith 2014 if you don't own Rocksmith 1.

If you own/purchase Rocksmith 1, you will not be able to play the game on your Mac.

If you buy the conversion tool, it will convert all but 5 of the songs from Rocksmith 1 to Rocksmith 2014 and all of the converted songs will be playable on Rocksmith 2014.

Carl

Aeolius12
05-29-2014, 04:13 AM
No, incorrect.

The Rocksmith 1 DLC will download to your Mac and play in Rocksmith 2014 without a problem. There are some outstanding issues with the Rocksmith 1 DLC if you don't own Rocksmith 1. Valve/Steam is gradually converting all the Rocksmith 1 DLC so it can be downloaded to Rocksmith 2014 if you don't own Rocksmith 1.

If you own/purchase Rocksmith 1, you will not be able to play the game on your Mac.

If you buy the conversion tool, it will convert all but 5 of the songs from Rocksmith 1 to Rocksmith 2014 and all of the converted songs will be playable on Rocksmith 2014.

Carl

So it sounds like I just need to wait it out until Steam makes all those songs available for Mac RS2014.

Marauder359
05-29-2014, 04:24 AM
So it sounds like I just need to wait it out until Steam makes all those songs available for Mac RS2014.

If you want. However, there's no actual guarantee that that's ever going to happen. We're coming up on 9 months since the release of this product and that solution is nowhere in sight. So, to be honest, if you want to play the songs, I'd just get RS1 whenever it's on sale on Steam. The on-disc material is pretty fun, and it solves the DLC issue for you. You must do what you feel is right, of course, but if you do want that material, it's actually pretty cost effective to get RS1 and the import and, as a bonus, it opens up that other DLC for purchase.

dm_gsxr
05-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Yea, I'd suggest getting RS1 when on sale. I think I've seen it as far as $7.50 per toymachinesh posts. Add $10 for the conversion and you have 45 songs plus access to the RS1 DLC without waiting.

Carl

infocat1
05-29-2014, 04:47 AM
Yea, I'd suggest getting RS1 when on sale. I think I've seen it as far as $7.50 per toymachinesh posts. Add $10 for the conversion and you have 45 songs plus access to the RS1 DLC without waiting. I've done this for Mac and highly recommend it.

Malkorum
05-29-2014, 10:35 AM
If you own/purchase Rocksmith 1, you will not be able to play the game on your Mac

This isn't strictly true as I have played RS1 rebooted into Win7 via BootCamp on my Mac Pro :)

But yes it works fine, I actually found a cheap copy of RS1 PC DVD on one of the Euro amazon stores (forget which one) with the cabe (nice to have a spare + multiplayer) put the code into Steam and then proceeded to go wild with the RS1 DLC Sale over Xmas :)

It all worked beautifully on the Mac. Oh don't forget the 10€ import tool to have the songs from RS1 show up in RS 2014, well worth it (and the reason I bought RS1 in the first place) :)

dm_gsxr
05-29-2014, 12:31 PM
This isn't strictly true as I have played RS1 rebooted into Win7 via BootCamp on my Mac Pro :)

Now that was pedantic, bravo :) So the fact is, you can't play RS1 on OSX. (I can't play RS1 on my previous Mac because it's a Powerbook G4 :p)

Carl

Malkorum
05-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Now that was pedantic, bravo :)

Guilty as charged :)

As an aside, I do recommend, if you have a BootCamp partition or access to a PC to try RS1 if you missed out on it and have payed for it in order to get the songs or DLC in RS 2014. All of your RS1 DLC will be there and I found the whole career mode quite a lot of fun. Given that I had played all of the songs already in RS 2014, I flew through the gigs and encores having a complete blast. The presentation is slightly different (the fret numbers are presented on the highway and not the notes) and the menu UI is terrible (it took me a while to figure out just how to quit that first time) but it will record what you played, including all the scale noodling I tend to do before the song starts, and play it back after you are done which is something I wish had stayed along with the career mode.

When moving forward, it's always nice to know where you've been :)