PDA

View Full Version : Which order to play the games for the first time

GravisZro
05-27-2014, 06:37 PM
I am new to the Assassin's Creed series and read that the series does not occur in chronological order. Should I play the games as the events happen in chronological order or should I play them in the order in which they were released?

My concern is that playing them in chronological order may spoil the surprise of something meant to be kept secret about his past in one of the games or being hard to follow a purposely sparse plotline that was explained in an earlier (released) game in more detail.

Note: I have no interest in online gameplay so exclude that from consideration.

Please do not give out any information about the story as I know next to nothing about the games and would like to enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Thanks. :D

Locopells
05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Are you including handheld games in this? Otherwise:

Assassin’s Creed
Assassin’s Creed II
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
Assassin’s Creed III
Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation HD
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

When they talk about chronological order, the mean that the historical part of the games moved backwards and forwards in time - but that doesn't impact on either the story arc of the series or the individual stories.

Welcome to the forums!

Aphex_Tim
05-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Well, there you have it ^
And welcome to the forums! It's indeed kind of confusing that Assassin's Creed 3 is actually the fifth game chronologically...

deskp
05-27-2014, 07:34 PM
They are released in chronological order. The modern day timeline, thats what matter.

AssassinHMS
05-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Yeah, start with AC1. And it won't feel old or anything when compared to recent instalments mainly because the formula was never improved. So, the only real differences you'll find throughout the games, will consist on, the time period, the "side" mechanics and a slight improvement in the graphic's and animation's departments along with a big drop in quality in mission design and in the overall formula (the historical component, the simulator aproach, etc.) On the other hand, the side content is well developed unlike AC1's and the missions are more varied.

Markaccus
05-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Agree with all the replies..... AC4 past is set before AC3 past, but it would mess up the modern day story aspect. Play them in release order. Some games have new systems that almost work as training for the following games, so that is also a good reason to play them in release order. Hope you enjoy them as much as i did (for the most part).

jayjay275
05-28-2014, 11:39 AM
You play them in the order they were released...

oliacr
05-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Welcome, it doesn't really matter where you start but the best will always be the first. I started with ACB then AC2, AC1, ACR, AC3, AC4. So its your decision. But I recommend starting with AC1:)