PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite lines of the series?

phoenix-force411
05-27-2014, 04:37 AM
So what are your favorite lines throughout the series....?

Just one of my favorites:

"Look, Lad. I'm late into my fourth Decade of this Earth. And if I don't find some Means to make the Fifth a quiet and cozy Voyage, I'd rather sink to the Devil's Doorstep than call myself Captain another Year. We'll meet again, Lad. In this World or the One below."

JustPlainQuirky
05-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Connor: Charles leeeee! Give me leeeee

---

Ezio: I have plenty of outlets

Mom: I meant besides vag****

Ezio: Mother...

---

Haytham: Nevermind that! Just do as I ask!

---

Haytham: Because I said so!

phoenix-force411
05-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Charles leeeee! Give me leeeee

---

Hehehe! It was hilarious, but it was like one of the rare times where Connor was pretty much dead serious....

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2014, 04:46 AM
"My father left those for me.

Mother, Father, I am sorry. I have failed you both. I made a promise to protect our people. I thought…I thought if I could stop the templars—if I could keep the Revolution free from their influence—that those I supported would do what was right. They did—I suppose—do what was right…What was right for them.

As for you, Father: I thought I might unite us, that we would forget the past and forge a better future. In time I believed you could be made to see the world as I did; to understand…but it was just a dream. This too, I should have known. Were we not meant to live in peace, then? Is that it? Are we born to argue? To fight? So many voices, each demanding something else… It has been hard at times, but never harder than today to see all I worked for; perverted, discarded, forgotten! You would say I have described the whole of history, Father. Are you smiling, then? Hoping I might speak the words you long to hear? To validate you? To say that all along, you were right?

I will not.

Even now, faced as I am with the truth of your cold words, I refuse, because I believe things can still change. I may never succeed—the Assassin's may struggle another thousand years in vain—but we will not stop! Compromise. That is what everyone has insisted upon. And so I have learned it. But differently than most, I think… I realize now that it will take time; that the road ahead is long, and shrouded in darkness. It is a road that will not always take me where I wish to go, and I doubt I will live to see its end. But I will travel down it nonetheless.

For at my side walks hope. In the face of all that insists I turn back, I carry on. This… This is my compromise."

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-27-2014, 05:17 AM
"My father left those for me.

Mother, Father, I am sorry. I have failed you both. I made a promise to protect our people. I thought…I thought if I could stop the templars—if I could keep the Revolution free from their influence—that those I supported would do what was right. They did—I suppose—do what was right…What was right for them.

As for you, Father: I thought I might unite us, that we would forget the past and forge a better future. In time I believed you could be made to see the world as I did; to understand…but it was just a dream. This too, I should have known. Were we not meant to live in peace, then? Is that it? Are we born to argue? To fight? So many voices, each demanding something else… It has been hard at times, but never harder than today to see all I worked for; perverted, discarded, forgotten! You would say I have described the whole of history, Father. Are you smiling, then? Hoping I might speak the words you long to hear? To validate you? To say that all along, you were right?

I will not.

Even now, faced as I am with the truth of your cold words, I refuse, because I believe things can still change. I may never succeed—the Assassin's may struggle another thousand years in vain—but we will not stop! Compromise. That is what everyone has insisted upon. And so I have learned it. But differently than most, I think… I realize now that it will take time; that the road ahead is long, and shrouded in darkness. It is a road that will not always take me where I wish to go, and I doubt I will live to see its end. But I will travel down it nonetheless.

For at my side walks hope. In the face of all that insists I turn back, I carry on. This… This is my compromise."

<333 This

And I believe we have a thread like this already: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720649-What-s-your-favorite-quote-in-assassins-creed

Aphex_Tim
05-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Al Mualim: "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."

It's actually a quote from the Bible, but still.

LoyalACFan
05-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Vai a farti fottere.

phoenix-force411
05-27-2014, 08:43 AM
"And what is this magnificent muzzle you've cultivated?"

Shahkulu101
05-27-2014, 08:43 AM
"No more books, no more wisdom; just you, fratello mio. Requiescat in Pace, Altair."
- Ezio

adventurewomen
05-27-2014, 08:50 AM
One of my many favourite lines said by Connor:

"I watched them Fight and Die in the name of Freedom. They speak of Liberty and Justice. But for Who?"

<3

GunnerGalactico
05-27-2014, 09:08 AM
One of my favourite lines from Al Mualim when speaking to Altair in ACR

"I have watched you grow from a boy to a man in so short a time. It fills me with as much sadness as pride. You fit your father's shoes as if they have been tailored to your feet."

sem1rek
05-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Shaun: I've been poking around a bit. Did you know there are a machines down there that make... well, manna?

Rebecca: Wizard manna or Biblical manna?

Shaun: What do you thing? Biblical of course. The Greeks called it ambrosia. The Indians, Amrit or Soma. Most cultures around the world refer to a divine food, though I'd say it's taste is anything but.

William: You ate something that came out of seventy five thousands years old machine?

Shaun: And I lived to tell the tale!

Desmond: So, what did it taste like?

Shaun: Cardboard. The taste of cardboard. Hardly the stuff of legends. Though I wonder if the first civilization didn't taste differently than we do.

Rebecca: Maybe the flavourizer broke.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like this lightened conversation. I am also wondering, how the heck Shaun knows about taste of cardboard :D

Locopells
05-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Pretty much any conversation involving Shaun...

The one where he picks apart the cause of the American Revolution is good, although this one is probably my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4LF6i3zmc

Hassassiyin
05-27-2014, 11:44 AM
"The Auditore are not dead! I'm still here! Me! Ezio! Ezio Auditore!"

jayjay275
05-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Give me the apple! It's mine not yours! I want the apple!

marvelfannumber
05-27-2014, 12:37 PM
All that needs to be said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MYf9ly_TY

Markaccus
05-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Itsa meee, maaario.

Megas_Doux
05-27-2014, 02:56 PM
SHUT YOUR GOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Pretty much every word said by Haytham, especially his final speech to Connor.

Sushiglutton
05-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Pretty much all of AC4, I'm being serious :D!

"In a world without gold we might have been heroes"

"You wear your convictions well. They suit you..."

"For years I've been rushing around, taking whatever I fancied, not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt. Yet here I am... with riches and reputation, feeling no wiser than when I left home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run... there's not a man or woman that I love left standing beside me."

Darby is a genius!

JustPlainQuirky
05-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Oh I forgot one

Haytham: Gentlemen. I believe I've found the solution to our problem. Or rather, Odysseus has.
Thomas: Ody-ooh? 'E a new guy?
Charles: The Greek hero, you lobc*ck.

king-hailz
05-27-2014, 04:42 PM
"no more books, no more wisdom; just you, fratello mio. Requiescat in pace, altair."
- ezio

just amazing!!!

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge. They want to be told what to do. They yearn for it. Little wonder that, since all mankind was built to serve.

So because we are inclined by nature to be controlled, who better than the Templars? It's a poor offer.

It is truth. People and practice are two very different beasts. I see the world the way it is, not as I wish it would be.

No Father, you have simply given up, and you would have us all do the same.

king-hailz
05-27-2014, 04:49 PM
I just realized that this series has some of the best lines EVER!!! every game has awesome writing... even if the story hasn't been good, this series produces some of the best speeches... massively talented writers... I really cant decide... but "The throne was mine! I will lead mankind into a new world! You cannot kill me. No man can murder me!" is a good one....

MY FAVORITE "Ezio: Desmond? I heard your name once before Desmond, a long time ago. And now It lingers in my mind like an image from an old dream. I do not know where you are, or by what means you can hear me. But I know you are listening. (he leaves his weapons) I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here, at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding. Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked. Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end."

GunnerGalactico
05-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Haytham: Stuck!.. See if you can find anything to pry it open.....

Connor!... What are you up to!?

Oh!...No!... Don't do that!... There's no way of knowing what's on the other SIII.... IIDE!..

*splash*

Connor: We do now...

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Altaïr: Malik. Before I go, there's something I should say.
Malik: Be out with it.
Altaïr: I've been a fool.
Malik: Normally I'd make no argument, but what is this? What are you talking about?
Altaïr: All this time, I never told you I was sorry. Too damn proud. You lost your arm because of me, lost Kadar. You had every right to be angry.
Malik: I do not accept your apology.
Altaïr: I understand.
Malik: No. You don't. I do not accept your apology because you are not the same man who went with me into Solomon's Temple. And so you have nothing to apologize for.
Altaïr: Malik...
Malik: Perhaps if I had not been so envious of you, I... would not have been so careless myself. I'm just as much to blame.
Altaïr: Don't say such things.
Malik: We are one. As we share the glory of our victories, so too should we share the pain of our defeat. In this way we grow closer, we grow stronger.
Altaïr: Thank you, Brother.

All of Connor's and Haytham's Lines, and my recent favorite: "What you carry is MINE!"

Mary Reed: "Tell anyone and I'll unman you as well."

Edward: Ah, he prefers caution to cannons.
Thatch: Caution's nothing without charisma! For if a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit.
Edward: And would you be the devil?
Thatch: For an audience, aye. It's all a big show. Give your quarry something to fear, some hellish thing from a fever'd dream, and men will drop to their knees pleading for their Lord before aught else!
Stede: Oh God...

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Connor: Who the hell are you anyway, giving out orders like this?

Haytham: What, are you dense? Are you *bleep* or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the ******* Templar Man.

oliacr
05-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Ezio: "I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding."

Haytham: Well, I uh.. I WAS leaving?
Guy: Oh? And now?
Hayham: Well, now... I'm going to feed you your teeth.

Ezio: "Between the Templars and the Ottomans, you must stay busy."
Yusuf: "Ezio, I barely have time to polish my blade!"

Yusuf: "Hoşgeldin, kardeşim! Unless the legend is a lie, you are the man I've longed to meet. Renowned Master and Mentor, Ezio Auditore de la la la!"
Ezio: Da Firenze, the city where I was born.

Suleiman: "The world is a tapestry of many colors and patterns. A just leader would celebrate this, not seek to unravel it."
"I suppose the moral of any story matches the temper of the man telling it."

Suleiman: "It is a relief to see you again mio bel menestrello. Did I say that right?"
Ezio: "Well enough. I hear you are a governor too. Is there anything you do not do?"

Yusuf: "Ah ah ah! Don't touch that! One wrong move and BANG! The building comes down!"
Ezio: "Are you serious?"
Yusuf: "The look on your face! Here, I'll show you."

Just a very few of my favourite lines and conversations.

SixKeys
05-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Altaïr: "Safety and peace, Malik."
Malik: "Your presence here deprives me of both."

Rafiq: "I envy you, Altaïr! Well, not the part where you were beaten and stripped of your rank, but I envy everything else! Oh, except for the terrible things the other assassins say about you, but yes, aside from the failure and the hatred, yes, aside from those things, I envy you very much!"

Moultonborough
05-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Vidic: Listen...

Lucy: Oh No

Vidic: Seems your Assassin friends found us.

Desmond: What?

Vidic: How did you do it?

Desmond: Hey, I don't know what your talking about. But whatever's going on down there has nothing to do with me.

Vidic: Their here for you and I sure as **** didn't invite them. LOL

I-Like-Pie45
05-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Haytham: "I touched my father's chest. It bled on me."

Assassin_M
05-28-2014, 02:08 AM
*Putnam kicks Hickey*
Connor: STOP
Putnam: He tried to kill the commander...almost killed you as well...he was a scoundrel.
Connor: but still a man

The reason this exchange is one of my favorites is because of how it made me completely change my view on Connor and made want to dig deeper into the guy's subtle characteristics.

another favorite would be every conversation with Malik and the Rafik in Damscus...

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-28-2014, 02:36 AM
*Putnam kicks Hickey*
Connor: STOP
Putnam: He tried to kill the commander...almost killed you as well...he was a scoundrel.
Connor: but still a man

The reason this exchange is one of my favorites is because of how it made me completely change my view on Connor and made want to dig deeper into the guy's subtle characteristics.

I know right?

Haytham: Stuck!.. See if you can find anything to pry it open.....

Connor!... What are you up to!?

Oh!...No!... Don't do that!... There's no way of knowing what's on the other SIII.... IIDE!..

*splash*

Connor: We do now...

Haytham: Well, I uh.. I WAS leaving?
Guy: Oh? And now?
Hayham: Well, now... I'm going to feed you your teeth.

Haytham: Gentlemen. I believe I've found the solution to our problem. Or rather, Odysseus has.
Thomas: Ody-ooh? 'E a new guy?
Charles: The Greek hero, you lobc*ck.

Connor: Charles leeeee! Give me leeeee

---

---

Haytham: Nevermind that! Just do as I ask!

---

Haytham: Because I said so!

<33333

BlakJakXXI
05-28-2014, 03:10 AM
All that needs to be said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MYf9ly_TY

Pretty much all of AC4, I'm being serious :D!

"In a world without gold we might have been heroes"

"You wear your convictions well. They suit you..."

"For years I've been rushing around, taking whatever I fancied, not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt. Yet here I am... with riches and reputation, feeling no wiser than when I left home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run... there's not a man or woman that I love left standing beside me."

Darby is a genius!

I just realized that this series has some of the best lines EVER!!! every game has awesome writing... even if the story hasn't been good, this series produces some of the best speeches... massively talented writers... I really cant decide... but "The throne was mine! I will lead mankind into a new world! You cannot kill me. No man can murder me!" is a good one....

MY FAVORITE "Ezio: Desmond? I heard your name once before Desmond, a long time ago. And now It lingers in my mind like an image from an old dream. I do not know where you are, or by what means you can hear me. But I know you are listening. (he leaves his weapons) I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here, at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding. Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked. Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end."

Altaïr: Malik. Before I go, there's something I should say.
Malik: Be out with it.
Altaïr: I've been a fool.
Malik: Normally I'd make no argument, but what is this? What are you talking about?
Altaïr: All this time, I never told you I was sorry. Too damn proud. You lost your arm because of me, lost Kadar. You had every right to be angry.
Malik: I do not accept your apology.
Altaïr: I understand.
Malik: No. You don't. I do not accept your apology because you are not the same man who went with me into Solomon's Temple. And so you have nothing to apologize for.
Altaïr: Malik...
Malik: Perhaps if I had not been so envious of you, I... would not have been so careless myself. I'm just as much to blame.
Altaïr: Don't say such things.
Malik: We are one. As we share the glory of our victories, so too should we share the pain of our defeat. In this way we grow closer, we grow stronger.
Altaïr: Thank you, Brother.

All of Connor's and Haytham's Lines, and my recent favorite: "What you carry is MINE!"

Mary Reed: "Tell anyone and I'll unman you as well."

Edward: Ah, he prefers caution to cannons.
Thatch: Caution's nothing without charisma! For if a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit.
Edward: And would you be the devil?
Thatch: For an audience, aye. It's all a big show. Give your quarry something to fear, some hellish thing from a fever'd dream, and men will drop to their knees pleading for their Lord before aught else!
Stede: Oh God...

Altaïr: "Safety and peace, Malik."
Malik: "Your presence here deprives me of both."

Rafiq: "I envy you, Altaïr! Well, not the part where you were beaten and stripped of your rank, but I envy everything else! Oh, except for the terrible things the other assassins say about you, but yes, aside from the failure and the hatred, yes, aside from those things, I envy you very much!"
Many of these people here already listed and more. In addition...

Al Muarlim: "Where are Malik and Kadar?"
Altair: "Dead."
Maliik: "No. Not dead."
Al Muarlim: "Malik?"
Malik: "I still live at least."
Al Muarlim: "And your brother?"
Malik: "...Gone...because of you!"
Altair: "Robert threw me from the roof. There was no way back. Nothing I could do."
Malik: "Because you had not heed my warning! All of this could have been avoided, and my brother...my brother would still be alive! ......Your arrogance nearly cost us victory today."

Al Muarlim: "Destroy the one thing that could have brought an end to the crusades, and ensured true peace? Never."

Vane: "You'd raise a cloud here lout!? You're sitting on enough gunpowder to blow New Providence off its rocks!"

Edward: "It may be, but now the world has one less snake in it, and that's good enough for me."

Vane: "Don't **** with me Jack."
Jack: "Ooh, but it's my mandate to **** with you, Charles."

Edward: "Hey Vane. I heard what happened to you. I just wanted to say......I'm sorry. I wish we parted as friends."

Edward: "If nothing is true, then why believe anything, and if everything is permitted, they why not chase every desire?"

There are more, but here are a few I can think of right now.

Landruner
05-31-2014, 06:14 AM
"Forgive my insignificance" currently said by people of Istanbul in ACR is my favorite line of the series.

We also and surely should oblige and apologize to Ubisoft for the insignificance of our wishes and request for that series LOL!