PDA

View Full Version : What's your playing style?

SixKeys
05-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Mayrice's recent thread about going back to play the older games made me think about different playstyles. How do YOU play AC?

1. Do you rush through the main story or do you do all side quests too?
2. Do you prefer stealth or a direct approach?
3. Exotic missions: yay or nay? (Carriage chases, flying machine, tank mission etc.)
4. Do you like to roleplay in your head? (e.g. "If I was Ezio, how would I approach this situation?")
5. Favorite weapons?
6. Do you like messing around just to cause trouble? (dinowalking, killing civilians, starting fights, stealing horses etc.)
7. On replays, do you always play missions the same way or do you try different approaches? For example, in AC2 when you have to assassinate Marco Barbarigo and the game tells you to use your gun, do you always use it or do you experiment with different methods upon replays?
8. Are you a completionist?
9. Do you like modern day or not?
10. Do you like swapping outfits or do you stick with the default robes?

Feel free to add anything else you can think of. :)

jayjay275
05-26-2014, 06:52 PM
I prefer to do some of the main story then some side content, and then finish the rest of the campaign.
Stealth, easily.
Yay!
Sort of, like be an assassin.
Hidden blade and the sword (one-handed)
Killing guards and infiltrating forts is my sort of thing. Spent hours in brotherhood infiltrating the castello again and again.
Different approaches.
Yes, I am a completionist.
I like the modern day story, but it is a very forced factor of the game and could be handled better.
Default robes, because the outfits stick to your legs and feel out of place.

Great thread by the way.

oliacr
05-26-2014, 07:03 PM
1. I do the main story and between missions I usually do some side missions as well.
2. Stealth but sometimes direct approach needed.
3. Yay! Like these.
4. I'd say very often.
5. Hidden/hookblade, tomahawk, sword and the dagger.
6. Yes, always. Infiltrating the same building over over and over again. For example, Palazzo Ducale, Castel Sant'Angelo, Topkapi Palace, forts.
7. Different.
8. I was in ACR and AC4 but I wasn't in the rest.
9. I liked the Desmond line more than the AC4 one but I can play without modern day. It doesn't really matter.
10. Default robes. Especially Ezio's ACR robe.

JustPlainQuirky
05-26-2014, 07:07 PM
1. Rush in first playthrough. Sides in second.
2. Whichever is more effective.
3. Yes. They add variety
4. All the time
5. Tomahawk. Double hidden blades.
6. Of course.
7. I don't remember
8. Assassin creed games are too big for me to complete
9. Sometimes
10. Depends if the default looks nice or is ugly

Sushiglutton
05-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Should be interesting :) :

I always start by doing story missions until the world open up in a reasonable way. From there on I mix it up a lot. The campaign is very tutorial heavy,so I feel it becomes a little bit boring if you play it start to finish with no OW-stuff.

Always go for stealth in AC because combat is so poor. If I fail stealth I frequently restart rather than fight my way out.

3. Exotic missions: yay or nay? (Carriage chases, flying machine, tank mission etc.)
Nay, they have been too low quality gameplay wise thus far imo. Have nothing against them in principal though and the flying machine was allright. And ofc I loved naval, but it's a fully fleshed system.

4. Do you like to roleplay in your head? (e.g. "If I was Ezio, how would I approach this situation?")
Not really.

5. Favorite weapons?
Probably short blade in Brotherhood. I also like the ropedart, wish they would more with it though.

6. Do you like messing around just to cause trouble? (dinowalking, killing civilians, starting fights, stealing horses etc.)
Not that much tbh. I like to sneak around in open areas

7. On replays, do you always play missions the same way or do you try different approaches? For example, in AC2 when you have to assassinate Marco Barbarigo and the game tells you to use your gun, do you always use it or do you experiment with different methods upon replays?
Honestly I guess I do the same approach over and over :). It's just that I want the missions to flow. First time you play many missions very silly things happen (well sometimes) and I wanna avoid that for immersion reasons.

At heart yes (platinumed AC2 at least), but not in AC anymore. There's just way, way too much junk so it becomes overwhelming. I also don't trust the games to not bug out in some way.

Used too, but not after AC:R. Now I think they should either drop it, or major reboot. This Juno business is real silly.

Always stick with default.

Kaschra
05-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Nice thread idea :)

I usually try to finish as much side quests s possible before I finish the main story

It depends. Most of the time I don't play really stealthy

A big fat YAY. I love the Leonardo Machines missions in ACB

Nope

5. Favorite weapons?
I'm really fond of fast weapons, especially the short blade and daggers. The hookblade too. I also like Edward's double swords a lot

Ahahahaha... yes. Like... gathering a huge crowd of people and then poisoning some of them, or messing around with the hookblade and the blood bombs in ACR :')

Nope, I like to try different approaches

Nope. If it's not fun and only annyoing, I won't do it

Yes I like it

Most of the time I stick to the default robes, with some exceptions like the brown coat for Edward.

Shahkulu101
05-26-2014, 07:18 PM
What I like to do in Open-world games is immerse myself in the world and soak in all it has to offer - so in AC games I usually do most of the side content before completion, but leave some for end-game playing time. I always attempt the stealthy route on missions, contracts and the like. I like to reman concealed, and live out the silently lethal fantasy. I love the exotic set-piece side missions like Leonardo's War Machines as their just flat out fun, stuff like Carriage chases annoy me because I can barely control the bloody thing and they seem to drag on forever. Roleplaying is something I usually do after the campaign is finished, after I've ran out of stuff to do lol - I figured Ezio would routinely take a melancholiac visit to Florence and stare despairingly at The Auditore Villa.

My favourite weapons are the heavy swords and hammers from the Ezio trilogy, the animations were so sickeningly satisfying. I always like messing around to see how the world reacts to my anarchy, throwing heavy weapons in the faces of innocents is a favourite of mine. Upon replaying missions I'll look for a different stealth route, but never go for a direct assault as I try to pretend that actually puts the Assassin in danger. I'm a completionist - compulsively do everything - unless it's really, really bad (Hello AC3). You know, I used to love modern day and was infatuated with the idea of the Assassin/Templar War spreading across centuries, but I think TWCB oversaturated the plot and Ubi (un)done the rest of the work themselves. So, screw modern day. I swap outfits just to see how they look, but always return to the default, even with Altairs armor, because I like to play as the 'guy on the box' so to speak.

Aphex_Tim
05-26-2014, 07:28 PM
What I usually do is just follow the story in my first playthrough; though not too fast. I wanna take at least a week to finish it. To do that I usually search for sidequests that fit in at that point of the story and/or get me useful items or upgrades. But not all of them; I like to save a lot of content for upcoming playthoughs as well.
I always try to play the first playthrough as realistically as possible; mostly stealthy but if I mess up, I don't reload the memory; I try to adapt to the situation without going on massive killing sprees etc. Regarding weapons, it really depends on what is presented and how it looks on the character model. In AC3, I couldn't wait to start playing as Connor because I knew I was gonna love the tomahawk. AC4 had me bummed that it forced you to fight with either two swords or none. I never liked dual-wielding. And in AC:R I always get rid of my sword asap and use a kurdish jambiya as main weapon.
In the modern day sections I always try to go for 100% completion in the first playthrough for some reason. During my second playthroughs it's the other way around. I kinda neglect modern day and go for 100% completion in the Animus.
AC4 was the only game in which I really enjoyed swapping outfits because it was not just different colors but completely different outfits. As with the sidequests, I usually try to make outfit fit most with the part of the story I'm in at that moment. I ususally switch between the Brown Cloak, Shark Hunter Outfit and Explorer/Main Outfit.

There you go.

GunnerGalactico
05-26-2014, 07:28 PM
1. I usually take my own sweet time with main campaign and do some of the side quests along the way. I complete all the side quests when I've beaten the game.

2. A bit of both- I assess my surroundings and decide which course of action is suitable.

3. I enjoy most exotic missions like Leonardo's machines for example in ACB.

4. Sometimes

5. Throwing knives, tomahawk, double hidden blades, poison darts and rope dart

6. Yes, I enjoy tormenting and killing guards and starting fights .

7. I do different things

8. Not really, but I've completed AC1 and 2

9. I only liked the modern day sections in AC1, 2 and 3

10. Usually depends on the outfit but I prefer keeping on the default ones and changing the colour.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-26-2014, 07:46 PM

I would play the side missions on my way to the main missions, then sometimes I'll play the side quests in-between.

If a mission is too hard in stealth, after a few times, I might do a direct approach.

Doesn't matter to me much.

Sometimes :)

5. Favorite weapons?

Rope darts, throwing knifes, tomahawk, hidden blade (of course) bow and arrow.

I am guilty of this A LOT in AC3 just to see Connor's animations [and being awesome doing it]

I do different approaches to see if there was a different outcome/different dialogue/etc.

I like to think so if I can :)

Not really.

I like to stick to the default robes most of the time.

SixKeys
05-26-2014, 07:57 PM

I always do all side quests as I make my way through the main campaign.

Always stealth.

Mostly yay, but they have to be done right. One carriage chase in AC2 was all right, but in ACR they had two more so it outstayed its welcome. I also hated the flying machine in both AC2 and ACB, but the other Leonardo machines were fun.

All. The. Time. The reason I have such a hard time messing around just for kicks is because it feels out-of-character. Edward is the only exception. Playing as him the usual AC rules feel more lenient. "Oops, I accidentally started a fight. Ah well, I'll just pretend Edward was drunk."

5. Favorite weapons?

Hidden blade and sword, mostly. Sometimes my favorite weapon depends on the character. For example, AC2 Ezio's weapon of choice is always the butcher knife. It just suits his brutal and flashy nature in that game. In ACB though, it's the small and easily concealable Brutus' dagger. I hate axes and heavy swords, since I don't like combat. Hence Connor's tomahawk never did anything for me.

No. See #4. Immersion is the most important aspect of AC for me. I just can't enjoy the game without the roleplaying aspect.

I usually end up using the same approach every time. I do whatever looks coolest or feels the most natural for the assassin. For example in the one Templar agent mission in ACB with the lone gunman, the full sync requires you to kill you with your hidden blade but I always shoot him with the hidden gun. The irony of killing a gunman with a gun just feels fitting.

In AC games, yes. The only ones I haven't 100%:ed yet are AC3 and AC4. With AC3 I just don't care enough, but I still intend to get 100% on AC4.

I like it. I don't even mind the much-maligned AC4 approach, it felt like a fresh approach. I just wish they'd ditch this Juno nonsense.

It seems I'm the odd one out here. I get bored with whatever outfit I'm currently wearing after like five minutes and make up an excuse to change. :p "Ohh no, I killed a whole bunch of guards in broad daylight! Guess I better go change robes so they'll stop looking for the white-hooded man!" I like subtle outfits the most, ones that look fitting for the time period and don't scream 'assassin'. Like Edward's whaler and shark hunter outfits. Then again, when I'm in a flashier mood, I like to pretend Edward is wearing the governor's or politician's robes because he think guards will let him get away with things easier.

LoyalACFan
05-26-2014, 07:59 PM

I always do side quests, even upon replays. The only exception is if the missions are REALLY terrible, like ACR's trainee missions, freaking hated those.

Stealth definitely, if I'm even spotted (not "detected") I'll often restart the checkpoint.

Eh, it depends. They aren't inherently horrible, but there have been some embarrassingly bad ones (i.e. parachute hang-gliding). If the missions are fun and they aren't overly ridiculous, then they're alright as long as they're one-offs.

Not generally, although I did differentiate between "Pirate Edward" and "Assassin Edward" when freeroaming in AC4.

5. Favorite weapons?

Hidden blades, always.

Not stealing horses, I avoid those bastards like the plague :p But yeah, occasionally I just start huge fights because I feel like it. Not usually until after the story, though.

Absolutely. Usually I halfheartedly try to go for full-sync on the first run, but if I **** up I'll just do whatever I like. Upon replay I'm always looking for alternate methods.

I have the platinum trophy for every game except Brotherhood, so I guess so :o

Not anymore. AC3 killed it for me.

I swap them out as soon as I can. That's me in any game that allows it, though.

Megas_Doux
05-26-2014, 08:08 PM

I alternate both side and main.

Stealth

Yay, I loved them, mostly naval gameplay.

Nope.

5. Favorite weapons?

Hidden blade, Sword, Bow, blowpipe and my all time favorite Connorīs assassin tomahawk.

It depends! Sometimes I unleash hell, others I just walk around like a tourist.

Yes! If the mission allows it.

Aside from the multiplayer, yes!

I do, but not as much as before.

It there are extra outfits I like, YES! I do not like any extra outfit in ACB and AC III , whereas a generally use Altairīs and Wetlands ebony in AC II, Masyaf White in ACR and pirate captain in AC IV.

DumbGamerTag94
05-26-2014, 08:31 PM
1. I don't rush through I take the main story at a pace that isn't just rushing to get it done. I don't have to finish in the first day, and I do the side quests intermixed with the main story but only if they make sense. For example in AC4 I don't like to do any assassin contracts before Edward becomes officially inducted into the Assassins. But I Will hunt for buried treasure, capture coves, do Templar hunts, if I happen to be in the general area while progressing the main storyline. Everything just seems to flow better if done that way to me.

2.I always try the stealth approach first, but if that fails its hack and slash and guns ablaze. It doesn't ruin the experience for me if I am detected and have to use the direct approach its more realistic IMO that way, you wouldn't just give up the mission if you were spotted. I just adapt and improvise if I am spotted.

3.I love those kinds of missions. Some of my favorite moments in AC(while not necessarily important to each respective story) are the assassin tombs, Templar lairs, Leonardo's Machines, Battlefield missions in AC3, Forts in AC3 and 4, Naval in AC3 and 4, Trinket missions in AC3, They are just the most exciting and action packed in my opinion and really make the games fun to play, even if really none of them are important in, or unnecessary/shoehorned to the story some of these may bother some people but I feel the games would definitely be missing something and feel kind of dull without these.

4.Sort of. I take whatever approach makes sense to me(stealth or attack) and within the situation/storyline. I also take whatever actions feel right to me as I go, ex: capture a fort or raid a plantation in AC4 just cuz I saw it there and feel like it, or Capture a Borgia Tower in ACB just because Im close to it, or my missions are currently taking place near it.

5.My personal favorites are the hidden blades(as my go to weapon), The tomahawk in AC3(my "oh **** they saw me" weapon), and pistols(emergency I gotta get the hell out of here or kill them quick weapon), I also liked the broad swords of ACB that you could throw at your enemies if you had to. I thought they were pretty cool.

6.During the Campaign NO, but after I finish the story then I do whatever I want be it a rampage, brawling etc.

7.I never worried about what the game says I should do to kill them, I just do whatever feels right/makes sense to me. Very rarely do I deviate once I pick a preferred way to do it.

8.No some stuff never interested me. Optional objectives, Data fragments, feathers, etc. As I said before if it doesn't make sense in the story to do it, or it doesn't give me anything I just don't do it 100%ing a game never mattered to me. I play to have fun and enjoy myself not do pointless chores. If I wanted to do that I would rather vacuum my house or mow grass(at least that gets real life results for your labor)

9.I used to care about it in AC1-ACB. Then kind of started to lose me with ACR's Coma BS, and the absolute **** that was the lost Archive. Then AC3 with its awful, unavoidable, boring, overly long cut scene having, stupid, partially unexplained(who the **** is Daniel cross?(I know but when I first played the game I had to look it up) he wasn't introduced to us until then but they seem to know him), main character killing, Modern day missions completely made me stop caring about MD at all. AC4 barely even has a MD story and there's almost no point to it still being there.

To me Modern Day has just become so disjointed, with plot points hidden in all kinds of stupid alternate media, and poor execution/ loss of a point/direction for it. To me it has just become a complete annoyance. It used to be something I didn't mind because it advanced a plot with a story and characters you cared about, but now it just seems forced and like they are trying to keep it alive with no real purpose. It has become to me nothing more than annoying commercial breaks during the actual Historical part of the game that still matters. They might as well just replace it with ads for Coca-Cola, Apple, or Chevrolet like TV does, because modern day has become about as uninteresting and irrelevant. In all honesty if it wasn't for the fact that I have to control the characters, I wouldn't even pay attention. If MD since AC3 were made up of only cut scenes and I didn't have to control it, I would probably check the fridge, text my friends, read emails, do homework, etc. like I normally do during commercial breaks on TV.

They should just make MD all cut scenes already and make them with a prompt that says Hold A to skip. For people like me who just don't give a crap anymore(cuz there's a lot of us). that way people that like it have something to advance their pointless story that never will have an ending until the last game and will only drag out and meander aimlessly with pointless sub plots and twists until then anyway, and the people who don't care don't have to suffer through it.

10. It depends on if it fits the story for me. Like in the Ezio trilogy I always felt like wearing the default robes made the most sense with the story, I would only switch for like Altair's Armor which you need for the story anyway.

With AC3 I tend to stick with the Default robes, but if I know I am going into a battle I like the traditional Assassin outfit because it looks a lot like the Continental Army's Cavalry uniforms of the time, and I feel it gives you a look that blends in better for the battle, making you more stealthy, less obvious, and just feel more assassiny to me. Like people would find it odd that Monmouth was saved, or Pitcairn was killed at Bunker hill by a strange man in a white hooded robe, that seems like something that would gain attention and make it into historical record, but a guy that looks like a soldier on a battlefield wouldn't be strange at all, and just makes more sense to me and explains why it wouldn't be recorded. and for naval I would change outfits, but they do that automatically. And I also like to wear Achilles's Robes either after Achilles dies, or after killing Charles Lee, for the remaining few missions. It depends on how I feel on the playthrough. sometimes I like the Mohawk warpaint look, others I just would rather Achilles's robes.

AC4 I feel there is even more freedom there because Edward is not technically an Assassin until the very end of the game, so for the begging few sequences when you get the jackdaw and learn how to pirate, capture the cove, meet the assassins, etc(basically all the training missions) I keep the standard robes because it fits the story(characters remarks, Edwards actions etc). But after the first MD break and it skips 2 years to 1717 and Edward has officially been a pirate Captain for 2 years. Then when I am at sea, or doing side activities(except for Templar hunts where you tail people), or generally doing Pirate central things, I wear either the Edward the Legend outfit, or the Captain Morgan Redingote. If I do main story missions on land though I prefer to use the standard robes, or the Pirate Captain robes(black and red version of originals) because it blends in more IMO and makes more sense trying to be inconspicuous. Basically I wear whatever feels right or makes the most sense at that point in the game.

Assassin_M
05-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Never rushed the story, it's not like the game is going anywhere and i never felt the itch of wanting to know how a game ends...when I start the game, I wait for the moment there'll be any chance to explore no matter how small of a place i'm given, for example, on the ship to america or inside the Opera or in Solomon's Temple or the small portion of Florence...I always itch to explore and do at least 2 side activities to get a feel for the place i'm in. I like to test things and analyze mechanics like AI behavior and day/night cycles. in essence, I guess I take it as slowly as possible.

Always stealth when possible, but some other times in depends on whether or not i'd like a little variety.

definitely yay if they include awesome infiltration like in ACB

Sort of but it's a different type for me...I try to see the action i'm doing from the point of view of the victim...for example, in the Altair was here trailer, the whole sequence is from the targets' perspective and I love that..I love being unseen and striking from out of nowhere so in my head it'd be "and then he never saw me" or something like that but I also do other things like after finishing AC I's story, I role played that Altair was offered the rank of mentor but he declines in pursuit of more knowledge and so I traveled slowly through the kingdom making up things Altair would think about in his head and then it became a full blown story of Altair uncovering that the Templars still exist...etc

5. Favorite weapons?
Bow and hidden blades definitely.

nah, at least not at first....during the first 10 or so days of the game (depending also on how much i can still do in the game) i play strictly realistically, i mess around a long time after finishing the whole game, during the first 10 days, I wanna sink into the game's world...messing around breaks my immersion.

other methods for the Barbarigo assassination look and feel wonky...no one saw swimming? no one heard the splash? no one saw this guy climbing around the ship? it's also funny since AC II is the only game that has no replay. A better example would be anything from AC I and yes, I definitely use other routes and strategies upon replay.

Not really, if it's fun then i'll do it, if not then I wont...I don't go whining about how I can't get my 100% completion.

Loved it in AC I and AC IV, with AC III being a close second.

Default, always but when the role playing aspect plays in my head, I sometimes change clothes whenever i'm in a safehouse to reflect interaction with the environment.

Yeah

Shahkulu101
05-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Not really, if it's fun then i'll do it, if not then I wont...I don't go whining about how I can't get my 100% completion.

Forgive us for wanting all the content in a game to be worthwhile.

Assassin_M
05-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Forgive us for wanting all the content in a game to be worthwhile.
You are forgiven, lowly peasants..

Shahkulu101
05-26-2014, 09:26 PM
You are forgiven, lowly peasants..

You are the peasant if you are willing to accept poor content.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2014, 09:33 PM
I play all side quests of course and collect everything i can..before i move onto the main story..

I prefer direct, but I always start out stealthy, just to take out a few numbers before I go in fists blazing

No no no no no no no no no no no

No...

5. Favorite weapons?
Heavy

Yes

On replays I actually play the way im 'supposed to' aka do the optional objectives

Yes...I've platinumed every game I've ever played haha

I like the story.. don't like playing through it..would prefer cutscenes only...

I like to stick to default unless there are perks to changing them like ac4...

Assassin_M
05-26-2014, 10:37 PM
You are the peasant if you are willing to accept poor content.
well, I never...

Locopells
05-27-2014, 01:06 AM

I do all side quests and collectables available before moving onto the next story mission, although in ACIV I had to limit myself a bit for logical reasons (such as not doing contracts until after Edward meets the Assassins, and some exploring I leave until I've upgraded the Jackdaw a bit)

Stealth all the way.

Yay! Just to change things up occasionally.

A bit.

5. Favourite weapons?

Rope dart, bow, blowpipe - the long range stealth stuff basically.

I go on the occasional rampage, yes!

Sometimes, depending on the mission. I always use the gun for that one, as I can't be asked messing around for the same result, but with the later games I experiment a bit.

Oooooooooooh yeah...

Yes, but I prefer the old style - ACIV was OK for me, but not for keeps. ACB visiting historical locations that have degraded in the modern day was the best, IMO.

Default robes for ACI, Altair's armour for ACII, Brutus' Armour with Helmschmied Drachen Armor skin for ACB, default robes for ACR Jamestown robes (traditional red/white) for ACIII, default robes for ACR. Hood not hat and red/white robes for ACIII:L. TOKW and FC you can't change as far as I know.

Kirokill
05-27-2014, 03:40 AM
Take my time on the side quests, when almost finishing them I go and finish the story.

Depending on what the character state is(mad or normal, etc.) but mostly stealth

Yay.

A little bit.

5. Favorite weapons?
Hidden blade, rope dart.

Yes.

Different approaches.

Yes.

Only Vidic.

Add some spice, I change very often.

BATISTABUS
05-27-2014, 03:54 AM
1. When the game comes out, I rush through the main story as quickly as possible. I don't want spoilers, and I want to be able to talk about the game here.
2. I prefer a stealthy approach, but I don't usually take one unless I need to. I don't feel like I should have to handicap myself if I'd be better off just rushing in. The (non) difficulty of AC combat is to blame.
3. NAY, GOD DAMN I HATE THESE MISSIONS. The controls are always terrible, and they just take you out of the game. Never again.
4. Sometimes. No game has ever made me role-play as much as Red Dead Redemption, but I found myself doing a bit of it with Edward.
5. Tomahawk, sleep dart, sword (AC1-R)
6. Yes.
7. I try to mix it up.
8. No. I find padding like that to be extremely not rewarding. The only reason I'll do it is if I just feel like free-running (collectibles), or I want to test myself (100% Synch).
9. I like it, but I don't need it. I thought it was done best in AC1 and AC4, and I do like Desmond, but if it never came back in a major way, I'd be cool with it.
10. Default all the way.

Markaccus
05-27-2014, 11:51 AM
1) Play through as far as i need too until unlockables are are all available, then do everything necessary to get them, then i complete the game (at least thats the plan)
2) 50/50. sometimes i hate being detected, sometimes i don't mind. Some missions are quicker using a distinct lack of subtlety. For example, ac4 assassination side quests, i often get as close as possible without triggering combat, then shooting the target in the face.
3)some i like some i don't. The tank was fun but a bit frustrating, as was getting used to the flying machine. I did not like the carriage chases in ac revs.
4) Don't really RP, but sometimes try to do things as i think the character would do them.
5) in AC1 i liked the short blade for groups, but i find hidden blade or swords is better now. Since you rarely only fight one person at a time, i find that whatever deals with groups better is my favorite in any one game
6) Trolling the guards in the game? :D Nah not really, it p1sses me off when they kick off for no apparent reason, so giving them one does not appeal. Having said that, in AC2 and ACB, I occasionally took to smashing the minstrells in their stupid, irritating, bad singing faces.
7) I usually make a mental note if i think there might be a better way to do something next time, and then try it on another play through later (if i remember)
8) Not a completionist. Skinning elephants during a chase and doing 3 watercolours of mountains while sinking ships is not my thing. If OOs were better implemented and more relevant, then maybe i would do them more (this is on a different thread so i won't say more :D )
9) The platforming modern day was fine, with a few fights to keep it interesting. 3rd person yes. 1st person floating generic smart-pad man? NOOOOooo. (again for a different thread)
10) Depends on the game really. ac2 i liked altairs armour so i always get that asap. Until then i use wetlands ebony (i think). The black one anyway. ACB brutus armour is fugly, and i never downloaded any of the skins, so i just use the best armour and get the black dye for that too. Used a bluey coloured version of default in AC3. AC4 i like the pirate captain robe. (again black with red) see a pattern forming in what i think looks best yet? :D

dxsxhxcx
05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Mayrice's recent thread about going back to play the older games made me think about different playstyles. How do YOU play AC?

5. Favorite weapons?

01. I don't do ALL the side quests, but from time to time I stop playing the main missions to focus on the side content (if ithey are cool);
02. stealth;
03. nay (but I enjoyed the flying machine mission in AC2, carriage chases sucks though);
04. yes and this is one of the reasons why I hate the current modern day style so much, if the character is supposed to be me, the limited freedom we have during the modern days destroy the immersion because I like to think I would've acted differently if I was given the option to do so;
05. dagger, hidden blade, AC2's poison blade;
06. yes;
07. that depends of my mood at the time;
08. No, but when things are thrown on my face every ****ing time this annoys me as hell (looking at you 100% sync requirements);
09. not the current one, but yes;
10. default;

Will_Lucky
05-27-2014, 02:30 PM

5. Favorite weapons?

1. I do a balanced mix.
2. I tend to leave no survivors.
3.Yay
4. Not really
5. Hookblade
6. Nope
7. On replays...I tend to go in the most efficently from memory.
8. Nope I am not, highest I think I attained was 80% in ACR.
9. Don't mind it, think its too simplistic.
10. I liked the robes from AC2 and AC:B but have thought them lacking since.

Ureh
05-28-2014, 05:26 PM
I try to complete side stuff as soon as they become available before proceeding with the story. Did you know that 50% of synchronisation for AC4 was comprised of side stuff?!

Stealth. In most situations I prefer to never get spotted (so no yellow circles) and take no lives.

They're alright! Occasionally adds a bit of diversity. "A nice change of pace from the sneaking and stabbing. I like it."

Sometimes. I'll make up my own dialogue for some situations.

Yes! I try to do anything that the developers didn't intend. Hoping that bugs/glitches start showing up!

Yep. But after several playthroughs, I'll usually go back to just one method.

Only on the first or second playthrough.

Yep, so far so good.

Nope. I ashamed to say that I need incentive to put on the different disguises. Was hoping AC4 would provide that.

SixKeys
05-28-2014, 07:23 PM
8) Not a completionist. Skinning elephants during a chase and doing 3 watercolours of mountains while sinking ships is not my thing.

Haha, best description of optional objectives ever.

BlakJakXXI
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM
1. I usually do many of the side quests while going through the main story, otherwise I might have less incentive to play the game once I'm finished with the main story.
2. Usually stealth.
3. They're fine by me.
4. I never even thought of trying that, to be honest.
5. Sword, hidden blade, knife, throwing knives, pistols, blow darts
6. Not really. I remember I felt so guilty about killing a civilian on accident in AC2, I quit the game, and went back. Weird, I know. ^^; I didn't feel much guilt killing a civilian in AC1 who was begging me for money, and threw a rock at me while I was trying to climb away.
7. I think I usually replay them the same way.
8. I kind of am.
9. I don't mind the modern day setting. I mean, I even thought the modern day setting in AC4 was alright, with how you could look around in the building, and hack stuff for information.
10. It depends on the game, and if the alternate outfit interests me.