PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Yard hill climb...

TheRealTeeHill
05-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Just another example of the frustrations this game causes, 20 fuels now wasted on this track cos my Riptide is not able to climb the hill! Upgraded everything to level 2 and retry... Still not able to get up there! WTF RL? Why no feedback or blocking us from trying a track we CAN'T complete? Money! No way to back out of an impossible track and not use the fuel? Money! Fuel should only be used up when you actually gain something i.e. completing the track and getting money, XP and craft item... Backing out earns nothing and doesn't save your time so why does it cost fuel? To hinder people's ability to practice for free? If so you're incredibly tight!

noobaroniNcheez
05-26-2014, 10:19 AM
I feel your pain, the exact same thing happened to me just last night!

Now I'm sitting here waiting for the 24 ridiculous hours for the couple other upgrades to finish.

KungfuSandwich
05-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Same. "You unlocked a new track! But, sorry. You can't play it until you grind and wait a LOT more. Why? Cuz f*** you!"

billyriley94
05-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Put the date on your phone to a couple of days in advance and it sorts the upgrades out ;)

xitooner
05-28-2014, 05:58 AM
Put the date on your phone to a couple of days in advance and it sorts the upgrades out ;)

On ios, as of this latest release, it won't do that any more. It insists on an internet connection to start or stop an upgrade, which means they can always sync to their own server time if desired. It will do similarly for slot machine usage.

KungfuSandwich
05-29-2014, 05:13 AM
Beat it upgraded 2/3/3/2! Once ya get past the hill climb it's pretty easy. That log at the start will always be a bastard, though. Why, RL? Why?! Most of the tracks are quite good, but when physics are involved, like water wheel(?) and trebuchet and that stupid log, it's annoying!!!

xitooner
05-29-2014, 06:58 AM
Beat it upgraded 2/3/3/2! Once ya get past the hill climb it's pretty easy. That log at the start will always be a bastard, though. Why, RL? Why?! Most of the tracks are quite good, but when physics are involved, like water wheel(?) and trebuchet and that stupid log, it's annoying!!!
A few more upgrades and the log won't bother you anymore. But I agree with you about those timesavers that are more an element of chance rather than skill. When your track score doesn't matter nearly as much as the 10secs you shave off by glancing off at just the right angle, like the end of the waterwheel track...it just doesn't mean as much when you get a good time.

rversluijs
06-03-2014, 06:47 AM
well if you try it a couple times and go back it always returns to the slotmachine, sometimes when you press that home icon it still works. I also managed to skip a couple 72 and 96 upgrades this way :)