PDA

View Full Version : Update files AC4BF

Nogtx
05-25-2014, 04:15 AM
Hi ! I just installed Assassin's Creed 4 Black flag in my computer and it gave a 6.5gb massive patch download , can i know which files are downloaded so that i can backup these files (i have slow download speed 512kbps) ?:) or can i know a setup of this patch in any site which i can download p.s i couldnt find any

Locopells
05-25-2014, 10:00 AM
That sounds like the last one which added maps to the multiplayer, which should point you in the right direction. I'm not quite sure what you're asking after the smiley though?

YazX_
05-25-2014, 10:39 AM
it is more like a comulative patch, meaning it groups all released patches up to date into one patch, so there is actually no way to take a note on which files got changed from all patches, but you can open AC4 installation folder and filter by Date modified in the search box to know what exactly changed.

However, i would recommend to take a full backup of the game, that way you will have latest files as you mentioned that you have slow connection, also take a backup of registry settings located here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft

Nogtx
05-25-2014, 04:25 PM
That sounds like the last one which added maps to the multiplayer, which should point you in the right direction. I'm not quite sure what you're asking after the smiley though?

What i'm asking is a setup/installer of the patch ,like in ACIII, OR ACR Ubi had setup/installer made out of it.

YazX_
05-25-2014, 04:56 PM
since AC4, there is no standalone patches installers, UPlay is taking different route now by downloading the game unpacked (same as steam) without installers and patch it according to files manifest. so in short, backup the whole game's folder.

Nogtx
05-25-2014, 05:15 PM
since AC4, there is no standalone patches installers, UPlay is taking different route now by downloading the game unpacked (same as steam) without installers and patch it according to files manifest. so in short, backup the whole game's folder.

Uplay and Origin need to work on a Backup tool like Steam

YazX_
05-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Uplay and Origin need to work on a Backup tool like Steam

origin and steam backup are nothing but copying game files to a backup folder, yah its nice to have it in UPlay, but you can do it manually for now as i advised above.

Nogtx
05-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Download goes 0bps now i contacted CS but they are not answering properly
Here's their answer , please help

Me-
I recently bought this game , now uplay is trying to download 6gb patch the problem is no bandwidth is going through it, from an hour it is in 0 bytes ps or looking for patches screen ,i checked everywhere and still got no help, where can i download patch using Internet download manager ? please help quickly

me-I Have 512kbps broadband and the download speed reaches 0bps either on completion of every10mb (I think) or completion of download of single file

Reply-Please try the following:

1. Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed to your computer system. This includes your windows firewall as well as updating the firmware for your home router. If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to temporarily shut-down the associated program or bypass the router and establish a direct connection to your modem.

2. If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall, you will need to configure your router or firewall to allow the following ports for the best possible connection:

[TCP & UDP] 3074, 80, 443, 24650, 24659

[TCP] 13000, 13005, 13200-13999

Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website.

3. You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. When playing Ubisoft games, please be sure to close all running background applications. You can find the steps for this listed below.

- Open your start menu and look for Run (Win XP), Start search (Win Vista), or Search programs and files (Win 7)
- Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the word MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the system configuration utility
- Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected) (If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window)
- Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items'
- Once you're done here, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer

Try again. If it works, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit.

*Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and re-selecting 'Normal Startup"

4. There may also be certain restrictions set by your ISP. If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports.

5. Try deleting your HOSTS file by following this path in Windows Explorer: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete the hosts file and try again.

me-Hi ! Mr .Steven About your reply , i had made search in the forum and a guy had posted the same thing which u wrote-copy/pasted , and i tried it but it did not solve my case.Everytime windows booted it launched startup repair and then i had to Restore windows .Please reply with something useful!:-( Now i'm getting Technical error in CS I HAD TO WRITE THIS TWICE :-(

reply-Try changing the download speed in the Uplay settings.

To do this login and then click on the cog wheel icon in the top right hand corner, go to settings, network and then reduce the download.

Keep doing this until you have a consistent download speed.

Need help , Thanks in advance

YazX_
05-25-2014, 09:10 PM
there is no legal way to download the content from internet except from official sources which is UPlay in your case, there might be some service problems, so try to download later or tom and see if the problem happens again.

Nogtx
05-26-2014, 06:05 AM
origin and steam backup are nothing but copying game files to a backup folder, yah its nice to have it in UPlay, but you can do it manually for now as i advised above.

Is there a Origin Backup tool like Steam's ?:confused:

YazX_
05-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Is there a Origin Backup tool like Steam's ?:confused:

i have checked it now and surprisingly i couldnt fine any option for games' backup, and i always thought it has some sort of this feature, anyway, what i usually do for origin, i take a backup of the game and if it happened that i need to restore it, i just copy it back to installation folder location in origin settings and then select "Repair Game" and it works, same procedure applies for UPlay with one exception which is you have to open registry keys for the game as well.

Nogtx
05-26-2014, 05:48 PM
i have checked it now and surprisingly i couldnt fine any option for games' backup, and i always thought it has some sort of this feature, anyway, what i usually do for origin, i take a backup of the game and if it happened that i need to restore it, i just copy it back to installation folder location in origin settings and then select "Repair Game" and it works, same procedure applies for UPlay with one exception which is you have to open registry keys for the game as well.

Ya i do the same thing ,but once i had chat in EA CS and they told baking up like that is illegal (something about violating EULA), but i don't give a damn abt it:p

YazX_
05-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Ya i do the same thing ,but once i had chat in EA CS and they told baking up like that is illegal (something about violating EULA), but i don't give a damn abt it:p

you know EA is rated the worst gaming company in the world, and what you said is one of the reasons why :)

Nogtx
05-27-2014, 09:18 PM
you know EA is rated the worst gaming company in the world, and what you said is one of the reasons why :)

LOL!:p,
I dont what u mean by EA is worst but the way their NFS Games gives me frustration ,i kind of agree,But their On the house offer is pretty nice ,Ubi should come up with something like that