PDA

View Full Version : Why has AC Unity been hidden so much this year?

king-hailz
05-24-2014, 12:38 AM
They've hidden it so much this year, All we know is that it is a new era with a new assassin and it's in the French revolution and is available for next gen only. This time last year we had like 3 trailers and we knew nearly everything... All the cities the character and a bit about the story all before e3. I know we will get more at e3 but why do you think the hid this year much better than last year???

Jexx21
05-24-2014, 01:09 AM
they haven't, it's actually has had about the same amount of coverage between announce and E3.

Locopells
05-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Like a lot of people have suggested, it would seem they don't want to take away from the launch of Watchdogs - with that past they'll probably go all out at E3.

Farlander1991
05-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Their marketing timing is closer to what it has been for AC2-ACR rather than AC3-AC4, which I don't think is a bad thing.

Hassassiyin
05-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Like a lot of people have suggested, it would seem they don't want to take away from the launch of Watchdogs - with that past they'll probably go all out at E3.
This.
In the last 5/6 years around this time of the year, Ubisoft would
release a CGI trailer, cover art, a lot of info and screenshots.
This year there's something different: Watch dogs
Watch Dogs is a new IP and an open world game.
It deserves ist moment to shine before moving on to Assassins Creed.

I think Unity and Comet were supposed to be under wraps until E3.
We only got the AC: Unity trailer because some screenshots of
the game leaked on the internet and it looked pretty underwhelming
when compared to the trailer.
They didnt even officially announce the characters name (Arnaud).

We got nothing on Comet except rumors about an Ancient Rome setting
and 2 possibly leaked pictures of 2 different characters that could be
the new protagonist.

Aphex_Tim
05-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Honestly, I prefer it like this. It's no fun already knowing everything six months before release.
I barely even followed Black Flag and that resulted in me being very pleasantly surprised when I started playing it. I think I'll be doing the same for Unity. I'll watch what they'll show as E3 and after that, I might just go dark already.

joose_2
05-24-2014, 07:00 PM
There's still plenty of time left, but I think it's because people do a lot of complaining that Ubisoft hypes their games too much.

roostersrule2
05-24-2014, 07:07 PM
To make the reveal oh so grand.

zkorejo
05-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Because Watch Dogs,

Since alot of game are being delayed (driveclub, watchdogs, witcher 3 etc,)... I just hope they wont delay this. I need a new AC ASAP.

Aphex_Tim
05-24-2014, 07:20 PM
I just hope they wont delay this. I need a new AC ASAP.

It would be a breath of fresh air to have to wait a little longer for an AC game again.

zkorejo
05-24-2014, 07:25 PM
It would be a breath of fresh air to have to wait a little longer for an AC game again.

I hope not.... Just give me a new game this year. Then they can take a break for 2 years if they want.

LoyalACFan
05-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Because http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Watch_Dogs_box_art.jpg

Mr_Shade
05-25-2014, 06:22 PM
or, that Ubisoft had a very precise plan on how to reveal it.. and other magical stuff..

If it wasn't for those horrid leaked screenshots - we wouldn't have had the 'sneak peak' - and you guys wouldn't have known about it for sure ;)

Still plenty of time for the hype train you guys create to start 'choo chooing' ;)

JustPlainQuirky
05-25-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm not hyped until I know the general plot. Like if it really is about uniting templars and assassins temporarily via negotiation and not some romeo/juliet shenanigans.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-25-2014, 06:58 PM
or, that Ubisoft had a very precise plan on how to reveal it.. and other magical stuff..

If it wasn't for those horrid leaked screenshots - we wouldn't have had the 'sneak peak' - and you guys wouldn't have known about it for sure ;)

Still plenty of time for the hype train you guys create to start 'choo chooing' ;)

But we don't want to go on the hype train anymore - we want .. what we want... not sure how to finish that but I'm sure you get my point lol

IWGCJoeCool
05-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Watchdogs is the right answer, then at E3 we'll get the super treatment for the next AC titles. but also look for more on Watchdogs, as Ubisoft announces some kool DLC and maybe some extra free stuff.

Locopells
05-26-2014, 12:58 AM
They already did that.

But we don't want to go on the hype train any more - we want .. what we want... not sure how to finish that but I'm sure you get my point lol

Did someone say train?!

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2014, 01:30 AM
I hope it's because they listen to forums..
I know I was wining about TOO much info on AC IV last year... I think with AC IV they showed us TOO much which killed the hype... (for me any way)
The smell of donuts will get you to buy one.. not a sample...
They were handing out free samples with the constant gameplay.
But more than likely it is due to watch_dogs
with E3 only what a week and a half after watch dogs release? it will pick up from there.. and will probably saturate the hype haha but hopefully they go back and forth with comet so i dont get full before the main course comes :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-26-2014, 02:33 AM
They already did that.

Did someone say train?!

Not me. Mr. Shade :p

LoyalACFan
05-26-2014, 02:45 AM
I'm not hyped until I know the general plot. Like if it really is about uniting templars and assassins temporarily via negotiation and not some romeo/juliet shenanigans.

Oh lawd, that would be so cheesy XD I doubt they'd go that route.

phoenix-force411
05-26-2014, 10:17 AM
AC: Unity teaser was never meant to be made, but Ubi had to make one because there were leaked footage as you can clearly a lot of them.

Locopells
05-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh lawd, that would be so cheesy XD I doubt they'd go that route.

They already did a bit with Maria Thorpe.

RinoTheBouncer
05-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Itís all because of WATCH_DOGS. Last year, WATCH_DOGS was delayed because they wanted to give ACIV a chance to flourish and they wanted to upgrade W_D but this year, they donít want AC to steal all the lights when itís coming months later and they have a game coming this month, W_D and it needs to set itís image in stone to the public.

They couldíve released a full trailer in March or April but perhaps they thought itís too early and they only released the sneak peak because of the leaks.

LoyalACFan
05-26-2014, 08:12 PM
They already did a bit with Maria Thorpe.

Lol true, but that was all in Bloodlines which was already horrible anyway XP

Locopells
05-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Bloodlines and Chronicles need HD versions, with the original voice actors.

JustPlainQuirky
05-27-2014, 02:57 AM
^I agree fully. And the Ezio discovery DS game.

like apparently one of altair's sons died in it and I'm like "I'd like to know that. I was not made aware of this."

Just like how they need to make a game of Nikolai. He has his own 3d model already. make the game, Ubi.

robinthefactory
05-27-2014, 03:21 AM

like apparently one of altair's sons died in it and I'm like "I'd like to know that. I was not made aware of this."

Just like how they need to make a game of Nikolai. He has his own 3d model already. make the game, Ubi.

He needs his on trilogy if I do say so myself.

BATISTABUS
05-27-2014, 03:55 AM
AC1 was THE next gen action-adventure game. It changed everything. This is probably super unrealistic, but unless Unity does the same for this gen, I'll be disappointed in the end.

LoyalACFan
05-27-2014, 07:52 AM
AC1 was THE next gen action-adventure game. It changed everything. This is probably super unrealistic, but unless Unity does the same for this gen, I'll be disappointed in the end.

I think you're setting your sights too high :) Unity will benefit hugely from being exclusively next-gen (and PC of course) but the core Assassin experience is already defined. AC1's concept of being able to climb anything, anytime, anywhere was nothing short of revolutionary, and while I'm sure Unity has refined the formula further, it simply can't replicate the awe that AC1 inspired with its completely new take on the open-world action genre.

I have high hopes for Unity, but expecting it to be as mind-blowingly original as AC1 is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Locopells
05-27-2014, 10:00 AM

Oh yes, forgot that one - I know we have a lot of Ezio compared to Altair, but I did always wonder what he gets up to in the massive gap between Sequences 12 and 13. And yeah, I would love to see full games for Nikolai at some point in the future as well.

Shahkulu101
05-27-2014, 11:13 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/815225-Assassin-s-Creed-II-Discovery-REMAKE

ze_topazio
05-27-2014, 08:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/815225-Assassin-s-Creed-II-Discovery-REMAKE

A great thread I dare say.

lothario-da-be
05-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Now that Watch dogs has been released they can finaly show us some Unity and reveal Comt, although I guess they will wait till e3 now.

GunnerGalactico
05-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Now that Watch dogs has been released they can finaly show us some Unity and reveal Comt, although I guess they will wait till e3 now.

At least we don't have to wait that long now.

lothario-da-be
05-27-2014, 09:09 PM
I would prefer too see something before E3, I can't study while hyped, those damm exams!

GunnerGalactico
05-27-2014, 09:21 PM
I would prefer too see something before E3, I can't study while hyped, those damm exams!

Yeah, I know what you mean... can't really study when you're hyped up.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Two weeks still feels like a long time -_______________-

Shahkulu101
05-27-2014, 09:33 PM
A great thread I dare say.

Put it in your sig, I genuinely want that game to happen.

Or just...resurrect it.

GunnerGalactico
05-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Two weeks still feels like a long time -_______________-

That's actually nothing compared to how long we were actually waiting... at least it is 2 weeks away now :)

BATISTABUS
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I think you're setting your sights too high :)

I have high hopes for Unity, but expecting it to be as mind-blowingly original as AC1 is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
I know :(