PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft® gives a glimpse of gaming's future with its E3 lineup

AlexEzio89
05-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Ubisoft has*confirmed
*its lineup for E3 next month.
The publisher is bringing:
* Assassin’s Creed: Unity*(PS4, XBO, PC)
* Far Cry 4*(PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
* The Division*(PS4, XBO, PC)
* The Crew*(PS4, XBO, PC)
* Valiant Hearts: The Great War*(PS4, XBO, Wii U, PS3, 360, PC)
Other, likely unannounced titles, are also promised.
Ubisoft will host its E3 media briefing on June 9 at 3 p.m. PDT at the Oprheum Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. It will be broadcast live on YouTube and Twitch. http://gematsu.com/2014/05/ubisoft-announces-e3-2014-lineup

Mr_Shade
05-22-2014, 08:35 PM
UBISOFT® GIVES A GLIMPSE OF GAMING'S FUTURE WITH ITS E3 LINEUP

London, UK — May 22, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft revealed its lineup of titles that will be shown at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), including Assassin’s Creed® Unity, Far Cry® 4, Tom Clancy’s The Division™, The Crew™, Valiant Hearts The Great War™ and more. Ubisoft will host a media briefing to deliver new content from its upcoming titles, and also will provide a hands-on experience at its booth for E3 attendees and via the company’s Uplay® lounge for Uplay members.

Ubisoft’s E3 media briefing, held at the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Los Angeles, starts at 3 p.m. PDT on June 9 and will be hosted by actress and comedian Aisha Tyler. The briefing will be broadcast live and on demand on Ubisoft’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcu6PBvshoM) and Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft). A pre-show – starting at 2:45 p.m. PDT – will look back at past E3s and a post-show hosted by Tyler will welcome back key speakers to answer questions from fans. All videos and trailers from the event will be available on YouTube following the briefing at http://www.youtube.com/user/ubisoft. Press partners are welcome to embed the links in their websites.

Starting June 10, E3 attendees can visit Ubisoft’s booth,-- #1023, situated in the South Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center -- to discover the company’s highly-anticipated games, including:

· Assassin’s Creed Unity, re-imagined and built from the ground-up for the new-gen of gaming, immerses players as never before into the terror and brutality of the French Revolution.

· Far Cry 4, sequel to the #1 rated shooter of 2012*, where players will experience the most expansive and immersive Far Cry ever, in an entirely new, massive open-world.

· Tom Clancy’s The Division™, set in a chaotic and devastated New York City, players assume the role of a sleeper agent activated to help save a failing society. Discover an immersive open-world game that combines the Tom Clancy series’ signature authenticity with RPG action, exploration and teamwork.

· The Crew™, the revolutionary action-driving game that takes gamers on a reckless ride throughout a massive, open world recreation of the United States brimming with exciting challenges and populated by other real players.

Finally, the Uplay lounge is back and is being expanded to enable more Uplay members to experience E3 firsthand. More than a thousand members will be able to, for example, enjoy a hands-on experience of Ubisoft’s E3 line-up and other titles or talk to Ubisoft’s development teams about their favourite games. The Uplay lounge will be located at The Standard Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. For those not able to be in Los Angeles, a version of the lounge experience will be available via uplaylounge.com, an immersive website that will feature exclusive content, live streaming on Twitch -- including online chats with Ubisoft’s development teams -- and more. Fans can already start submitting their questions to the teams here.

“2014 is the most exciting year the gaming industry has seen in a while. At E3, we can’t wait to share our future of gaming,” said Yves Guillemot, co-founder and CEO, Ubisoft
“Ubisoft teams have fully embraced this new generation and will demonstrate how they are bringing breakthrough innovations to our beloved franchises and beyond in order to offer players the most original and memorable gaming experiences.”

*based on Metacritic as of 12/18/12

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman and Far Cry. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2013-14 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,007 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

© 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Valiant Hearts The Great War Logo, The Crew logo, Tom Clancy's, The Division logo, the Soldier icon, Assassin’s Creed , Far Cry, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Far Cry: Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek’s technology “CryEngine.”

AlexEzio89
05-22-2014, 08:40 PM
shade to late :).

Kirokill
05-22-2014, 08:41 PM
A lot knew Unity was saved for E3!
That's also nice we'll see Far Cry 4.

Sushiglutton
05-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Very excited about FarCry and 2*AC! And Aisha is always fun!

marvelfannumber
05-22-2014, 09:31 PM
"re-imagined and built from the ground-up"

Huh wonder what that could mean, might we have another AC3 on our hands already. Or maybe I am just desperatly grasping at straws here, i'll go with the latter :rolleyes:

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 09:32 PM
What about Comet?

And I agree with Yves, 2014 is pretty much the most exciting year in gaming that I've experienced (I only really got into gaming in 2010).

oliacr
05-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Excited about Unity and Far Cry :)

murphdawg1
05-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Ubisoft has*confirmed
*its lineup for E3 next month.
The publisher is bringing:
* Assassin’s Creed: Unity*(PS4, XBO, PC)
* Far Cry 4*(PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
* The Division*(PS4, XBO, PC)
* The Crew*(PS4, XBO, PC)
* Valiant Hearts: The Great War*(PS4, XBO, Wii U, PS3, 360, PC)
Other, likely unannounced titles, are also promised.
Ubisoft will host its E3 media briefing on June 9 at 3 p.m. PDT at the Oprheum Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. It will be broadcast live on YouTube and Twitch. http://gematsu.com/2014/05/ubisoft-announces-e3-2014-lineup

Sweet I will be home just in time for that.

GunnerGalactico
05-22-2014, 09:47 PM
What about Comet?

And I agree with Yves, 2014 is pretty much the most exciting year in gaming that I've experienced (I only really got into gaming in 2010).

Really hope they atleast mention something about Comet at E3

Shahkulu101
05-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Noooooo Comet, or so they say... ;)

Seriously though I am more doubtful over Comet now, hopefully my doubts are true.

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 09:56 PM
I want Comet to exist if it's in Rome. I may be more excited for Comet than Unity if it's true.

Shahkulu101
05-22-2014, 10:05 PM
I want Comet to exist if it's in Rome. I may be more excited for Comet than Unity if it's true.

Yeah, if Comet's in Rome then I'll be pleased, even though I'd like to see that setting in next-gen form. I just hope that if it does come out, it's not in New York. However the idea of playing as a Templar sounds cool, so I'd definitely still buy it.

JustPlainQuirky
05-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Just here hoping there is co-op in AC: unity.

GunnerGalactico
05-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Assassin’s Creed Unity, re-imagined and built from the ground-up for the new-gen of gaming, immerses players as never before into the terror and brutality of the French Revolution.

This has peaked my curiosity. Wonder how the social stealth and notoriety system will differ from the previous AC games?... I guess only time will tell.

Sushiglutton
05-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Noooooo Comet, or so they say... ;)

Seriously though I am more doubtful over Comet now, hopefully my doubts are true.

Yves has allready confirmed it to investors: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819805

frodrigues55
05-22-2014, 10:44 PM
I wonder what they have in store for Comet or whatever the hell it's going to be named!

I wonder if Unity will use AnvilNext of be completely new. I'm now very curious to see what they are cooking up! (And I hope it's less demanding than WD. I can live without WD. Without AC, not so much).

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-22-2014, 10:57 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rfpgtmx-E5o/0.jpg

I am so ready, Mr. Shade!!

Also, I've heard rumors that Unity may also come to the last gen consoles as well (Xbox 360/PS3)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-not-ready-to-abandon-xbox-360-ps3-just-yet/1100-6419673/

Assassin's Creed and Far Cry publisher Ubisoft is not ready to abandon the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 generation just yet. During a post-earnings financial call today, CEO Yves Guillemot said, "We have made it clear that as a company we expect to continue supporting those consoles for the foreseeable future."

Also during the call, Guillemot teased that a version of upcoming stealth-action game Assassin's Creed Unity, announced only for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, could be released on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Discussing the upcoming game, Guillemot said, "[Assassin's Creed Unity] will be released this fall on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. We have not disclosed our plan yet for the Xbox 360 and PS3 SKUs."

Layytez
05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Last gen is defiantly getting an AC game whether they announce it at E3 or not.

Sushiglutton
05-23-2014, 11:52 AM
We have not disclosed our plan yet for the Xbox 360 and PS3 SKUs."

I don't think this indicates that Unity is coming to last gen. I think their plan for X360 and Ps3 is Comet.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2014, 11:56 AM
immerses players as never before into the terror and brutality of the French Revolution.

This quote makes me happy, we need a darker, grittier AC again.

I may dust off my PS3 if Comet is set in Rome, but the Shay thing sounds pretty lame if it's true. Not really interested in that at all, because 1.) I didn't care for New York, and 2.) if they're making a New York game set in the 1760s, why the HELL would they not make it a Haytham game? I mean, many of the people who played AC3 seemed to like him as much or even more than Connor (me included).

Sushiglutton
05-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Is there a Rome rumour? I think the American Eastcoast rumour is far more believable as it ensures maximum asset reuse (Brotherhood assets have aged) and sailing. I actually think it could be quite fun, but I'm getting Unity first. Also with Arkham Knight and Shadow Of Mordor I can't see myself playing Comet this year.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Is there a Rome rumour? I think the American Eastcoast rumour is far more believable as it ensures maximum asset reuse (Brotherhood assets have aged) and sailing. I actually think it could be quite fun, but I'm getting Unity first. Also with Arkham Knight and Shadow Of Mordor I can't see myself playing Comet this year.

There is a Rome rumor, but I think it's likely to be one of those fake leaks born out of somebody's conjecture (Caesar's Comet). I agree that New York is the likelier bet by a long shot, for precisely the reason you gave. Plus he's rumored to be a Templar pirate lol, so they'd be reusing stuff from both AC3 and AC4. I mean, I wouldn't mind a Templar game, but this seems like a really chintzy way to deliver one.

Jexx21
05-23-2014, 01:16 PM
If they're going to make a Templar game I want it to be linear and to be a "spin-off" of the AC series.

Make it so there's an Assassin game every 2 years and a Templar game every 2 years.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2014, 01:46 PM
If they're going to make a Templar game I want it to be linear and to be a "spin-off" of the AC series.

Make it so there's an Assassin game every 2 years and a Templar game every 2 years.

What's your fuss with a linear AC game?

Jexx21
05-23-2014, 02:01 PM
What fuss? I have no issue with one, would love it if there was one. Never said anything different.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2014, 03:38 PM
What fuss? I have no issue with one, would love it if there was one. Never said anything different.

Phrased that badly, I meant what's all the fuss about it... Why do you want one? Personally, the most fun I've had in the last four AC games has been outside the main story. Freely exploring historical locations is like half the reason I like AC to be honest.

jayjay275
05-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Not two AC games this year...................
._.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqm6htwcwk&list=WL

Jexx21
05-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Phrased that badly, I meant what's all the fuss about it... Why do you want one? Personally, the most fun I've had in the last four AC games has been outside the main story. Freely exploring historical locations is like half the reason I like AC to be honest.
because they'd be able to better adapt historical events and locations with a linear game rather than an open world one

LoyalACFan
05-23-2014, 04:31 PM
because they'd be able to better adapt historical events and locations with a linear game rather than an open world one

I thought everyone was in agreement that excessive focus on historical events was what ruined AC3? As for the locations, that could easily be covered in linear missions (i.e. tombs) rather than an entire linear game.

Jexx21
05-23-2014, 04:34 PM
I said better adapt, not better shoehorn in.