PDA

View Full Version : Got ripped off on recent deal for Tango paint job/coins/diamonds/etc

Eggathis
05-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Hello,

I recently tried to purchase that deal for $2.99, and when I signed in to complete the purchase from my iPhone it got stuck on the processing purchase swirl and crashed the game. After launching the game again, I had no Tango paint job, no diamonds, et cetera. So, I tried it 2 more times with the same result then gave up on it. I look at my bank account today, and what do I find?... a charge from Apple to my account for $8.97. I have nothing to show for it due to the game crashing on the processing purchase swirl... and answer me this... what the H am I going to do with 3 of the same paint job for the same bike? I don't even see a spot anywhere in the game to restore purchases. Thanks for ripping me off... 3 times! :mad:

xitooner
05-22-2014, 12:27 AM
Go to tango upgrade screen... see if there is a spray paint can in the lower right corner. Thats how you choose your paint job. At least then you'll have definite confirmation you got it or not.

As for submitting the same cost 3 times.... thats a bummer and I hope you get your money back but dude... trying multiple times (after bad results) when a monetary transaction is involved is just not a good idea. They didnt exactly rip you off... after the first attempt you sorta GAVE it to them. Bad habit; its like pushing the elevator button multiple times even though you know it wont come faster... only with MONEY involved. On the good side; I think RL often handles these issues well, so I bet you get it back (or at least some compensation).

sriskus
05-22-2014, 12:32 AM
I see why he is upset though. I wouldnt expect the app to let you purchase it again after already being charged once. I can see someone expecting a charge not to go through if the goods still show up as available for purchase after the failure.

xitooner
05-22-2014, 12:44 AM
I see why he is upset though. I wouldnt expect the app to let you purchase it again after already being charged once. I can see someone expecting a charge not to go through if the goods still show up as available for purchase after the failure.

Oh he has a right to be upset, no doubt. I have had plenty of web pages hang when buying things online... its not a good feeling, so i know where he is coming from.... But it DID crash on the first attempt, so at that point he knew he had a potential payment issue. Given the choice of digging yourself in deeper (2 more times!) or waiting to see if the transaction went through first..... I am just a firm believer of not throwing good money after bad, and wanted to point that out. :)

eflixxx
05-22-2014, 06:58 AM
contact apple for your refund.(i had similar issue and they helped me out pretty quick.) ubisoft /redlynx wont help you, or reply to you on these issues, they just keep stealing from kids as long as they can. its pretty lucrative.

go to purchase history in itunes and select your order and dispute it. its simple.
guide here: http://www.macworld.com/article/2140066/how-to-get-an-app-store-refund-for-kids-accidental-in-app-purchases.html

RoguishRonin
05-22-2014, 02:13 PM
You can submit a ticket to Ubisoft Support. If you follow the steps outlined, then your refund will be processed.

Eggathis
05-22-2014, 10:01 PM
You can submit a ticket to Ubisoft Support. If you follow the steps outlined, then your refund will be processed.
Thank you for your reply. I've submitted a ticket regarding the matter to Ubisoft Support.

Thank you to everyone else for your suggestions. Will update with the outcome.

newrider14
05-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Hey Eggathis,

Sorry to hear about the issue. You can message me the purchase receipt or copy paste that on the personal message and we can grant you the items for the first purchase. For the rest two you can approach Apple and ask them for a refund by showing your purchase receipts.

Thanks!