PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from PS3 to PS4 Black Flag

SamUK80
05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Ok so I know that I am somewhat late with this but is it still possible to upgrade Assasins Creed: Black Flag from PS3 to PS4?

I'm guessing though that the deadline was back in March sometime but I have finally got my PS4 and nothing to play until Watchdogs comes out next week.

Locopells
05-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, I don't think so, I believe that was only for a limited time around release.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Indeed it was a limited time period.

You maybe able to still find stock of the game on PS3 with the code, however it may have timed out by now - it was an offer by Sony, for the short release period of the PS4.

You could contact Sony support and ask, however it would be down to them to decide to honour it or not.

You maybe able to find the PS4 version of the game, cheaper, due to sales - rather than paying for a PS3 + the 9.99 [as it was] upgrade anyway?

IF - you are saying you redeemed the code from your copy of AC4 on your PS3, while it was valid - you 'may' still be able to do it - if you check - it should be listed on the PSN Store ;) [fingers crossed] ;)

SamUK80
05-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Hi,

Indeed it was a limited time period.

You maybe able to still find stock of the game on PS3 with the code, however it may have timed out by now - it was an offer by Sony, for the short release period of the PS4.

You could contact Sony support and ask, however it would be down to them to decide to honour it or not.

You maybe able to find the PS4 version of the game, cheaper, due to sales - rather than paying for a PS3 + the 9.99 [as it was] upgrade anyway?

IF - you are saying you redeemed the code from your copy of AC4 on your PS3, while it was valid - you 'may' still be able to do it - if you check - it should be listed on the PSN Store ;) [fingers crossed] ;)

I've emailed playstation and see what they come back with but I'm almost tempted to buy it again as I only got to play around 1hr so far anyway. Thank you both for your quick responses though.