PDA

View Full Version : Eiffel Tower hack in AC Unity

LUR21
05-20-2014, 11:48 PM
As we all know the Eiffel Tower wasn't constructed until well after the French Revolution. Just wondering how many people would like to have some kind of hack in Unity to put it in there so we can climb it and see the view from the top and let's be honest to do a massive leap of faith. It's just such a beautiful construction and icon of France and it would be great if they can put it in as a hack. Thoughts?

Jexx21
05-20-2014, 11:52 PM
put a statue of liberty/empire state building hack in new york please

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Nah

LUR21
05-21-2014, 12:19 AM
put a statue of liberty/empire state building hack in new york please

I never thought of that. Don't know if your joking or not but that would be awesome. Little out of place but still cool.

ze_topazio
05-21-2014, 12:33 AM
Why not.

marvelfannumber
05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Meh, it would kind of ruin the whole point of exploring pre-Haussmann Paris. Oh and it would also look plain silly when most of the buildings around it would be max 5 floors tall. Plus, how would one climb the Eiffel Tower anyway? The architecture would be confusing and climibing to the top would take literaly forever.

Aphex_Tim
05-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Meh, it would kind of ruin the whole point of exploring pre-Haussmann Paris. Oh and it would also look plain silly when most of the buildings around it would be max 5 floors tall. Plus, how would one climb the Eiffel Tower anyway? The architecture would be confusing and climibing to the top would take literaly forever.

The same as how Ezio could easily climb the towers at San Marco and Santa Maria del Fiore. Most buildings in AC are a lot smaller than their real-life counterparts. If they were at 1:1 scale, you would have to make absolutely ridiculous jumps in the game to climb them.

marvelfannumber
05-21-2014, 10:49 AM
The same as how Ezio could easily climb the towers at San Marco and Santa Maria del Fiore. Most buildings in AC are a lot smaller than their real-life counterparts. If they were at 1:1 scale, you would have to make absolutely ridiculous jumps in the game to climb them.

Mmmm yes I suppose, but the Eiffel Tower is not even a accurate comparison to Santa Maria Del Fiore in terms of height, I just feel it would be kind of boring to climb (especially after the first time).

HercRembrandt
05-21-2014, 10:55 AM
No. If they wanted to put the Eiffel Tower in, they can always do it in the modern day sections.

deskp
05-21-2014, 11:09 AM
No thanks.

Kirokill
05-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Leap of faith that takes 10 seconds?

ze_topazio
05-21-2014, 12:57 PM
I climbed the Eiffel tower in "The Saboteur" and is not any less climbable than the things we have climbed so far.

Notice that I wouldn't mind this as an extra and not something that is part of the main game.

oliacr
05-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Why? or Why not?

GunnerGalactico
05-21-2014, 02:14 PM
If they make Notre Dame climbable, why shouldn't they do the same for the Eiffel Tower?

oliacr
05-21-2014, 02:28 PM
If they make Notre Dame climbable, why shouldn't they do the same for the Eiffel Tower?

Making a building in AC not climbable is not a very clever move.

jayjay275
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM

Remember that the Eiffel tower wasn't built in the 18th century, but the 19th century in 1887.

Bastiaen
05-21-2014, 04:49 PM
As a hack, yeah, I'd like this. We need more animus hacks worth using. I used them a ton in Brotherhood and AC3, but not in Revelations (Were they even there?) or AC4.

JustPlainQuirky
05-21-2014, 04:56 PM
How about DLC that takes place in the future instead? Like Freedom Cry.

That way it makes sense in-context.

RatonhnhakeFan
05-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Very good idea. The hack could apply some animus-style transparent effects on the Tower to make it visually clear it's not part of "real" memories. It's also something I was hoping they would do in New York in AC3

Aphex_Tim
05-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Making a building in AC not climbable is not a very clever move.

*cough*PallazoMediciRiccardi*cough* :(

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 06:15 PM
How would they even implement this "hack" in a way that didn't look ridiculous? Just plop it in the middle of an area that's already filled with houses?

Anyway, no thanks.

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 06:21 PM
How would they even implement this "hack" in a way that didn't look ridiculous? Just plop it in the middle of an area that's already filled with houses?

Anyway, no thanks.

Stick it in a countryside area, I'm sure we will have some of them. It wouldn't have to be in the exact location, the hacks are supposed to be amusingly ridiculous sometimes.

Locopells
05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
*cough*PallazoMediciRiccardi*cough* http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/frown.png

Well that was deliberate - they didn't want you climbing into the Templar Lair...

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Stick it in a countryside area, I'm sure we will have some of them. It wouldn't have to be in the exact location, the hacks are supposed to be amusingly ridiculous sometimes.

Most hacks provide more sustainable entertainment. For example having your sword shoot lightning or turning all pirates into Raving Rabbids. Those hacks cross over into multiple battles, so they don't necessarily get old fast. The Eiffel Tower is just one climbable object though.

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Most hacks provide more sustainable entertainment. For example having your sword shoot lightning or turning all pirates into Raving Rabbids. Those hacks cross over into multiple battles, so they don't necessarily get old fast. The Eiffel Tower is just one climbable object though.

Yes but:

SHINY BEAUTIFUL GRAND HISTORIC ICONIC LANDMARK

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Why? or Why not?
Why not because it's unnecessary and adds nothing to the game. I'd rather they work on something of less superficial value.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2014, 06:44 PM
:rolleyes:

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Why not because it's unnecessary and adds nothing to the game. I'd rather they work on something of less superficial value.

You just perfectly summed up why optional objectives don't belong in the games.

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 08:42 PM
You just perfectly summed up why optional objectives don't belong in the games.

Fate sometimes does the work for you, eh? ;)

LUR21
05-22-2014, 01:13 AM

Anyway, no thanks.

But what was there before the Eiffel Tower? Was it houses? Or was it just empty land?

Im not sure.

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 01:24 AM
a hotdog hack

IWGCJoeCool
05-22-2014, 01:34 AM
that is on my Assassins Creed Bucket List, but we need a late 1800's game to do it.

but hey, ya know, they've thrown us a curveball before, we'll call it a Haytham. the sneak peak shows us in revolutionary France, but NOBODY

has said that the game would take place in a single time period, or even if "we" would play as only a single chracter.

...have they?

LUR21
05-22-2014, 01:37 AM
a hotdog hack

Or hunting snails.

RinoTheBouncer
05-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Why not? it’s optional right? some people were so against the idea of us not wanting Optional Objectives because we can “choose not to do them”, so I’ll say the same “you can choose not to activate the cheat”.

Hans684
05-22-2014, 05:42 PM
a watchdog hack

Much better.

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Why not? it’s optional right? some people were so against the idea of us not wanting Optional Objectives because we can “choose not to do them”, so I’ll say the same “you can choose not to activate the cheat”.
making an eiffel tower hack is a lot more involved than optional objectives..

you would have to actually develop the eiffel tower, for one.

murphdawg1
05-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Just climb the Notre Dame, i'm sure it will be the tallest structure in the game.

HDinHB
05-22-2014, 09:22 PM
No. If they wanted to put the Eiffel Tower in, they can always do it in the modern day sections.

I had hoped that this is the way the modern day era would evolve, where Desmond (may he RIP), would revisit the same locations as his ancestors did, hundreds of years later. They kind of scratched the surface of this in Brotherhood, and if they had developed it in Revelations instead of the coma thing, they could have made the modern story really feel like part of the story. It would have required more effort, but it could have been really good.

Maybe they will hack the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and other landmarks into a modern day map for the multiplayer.

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 09:28 PM
I had hoped that this is the way the modern day era would evolve, where Desmond (may he RIP), would revisit the same locations as his ancestors did, hundreds of years later. They kind of scratched the surface of this in Brotherhood, and if they had developed it in Revelations instead of the coma thing, they could have made the modern story really feel like part of the story. It would have required more effort, but it could have been really good.

Maybe they will hack the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and other landmarks into a modern day map for the multiplayer.

Desmond visited New York in AC3. I wish all of the modern day mission would have been in New York...

HDinHB
05-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Desmond visited New York in AC3. I wish all of the modern day mission would have been in New York...

Yeah, they really should have expanded on that. It was a pretty generic skyscraper under construction that could have been anywhere in the world. If they had concealed the battery in the Statue of Liberty's torch on the other hand.... I don't even remember there being recognizable landmarks in the background. They could have at least let Desmond go out for a slice.

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure that skyscraper was supposed to be the new One World Trade Center: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_World_Trade_Center

marvelfannumber
05-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Actually I'm pretty sure that skyscraper was supposed to be the new One World Trade Center: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_World_Trade_Center

It could have been any modern building honestly, considering that modern rendering of New York was so inaccurate it's not even funny. I don't even think they used pictures of New York for some parts of the background.

Assassin_M
05-23-2014, 06:07 AM
There's a difference. It's unnecessary resources poured into making an asset. It's not optional when can they use the time and space to insert a historically inaccurate monument instead of making something of more substance and value.

Sushiglutton
05-23-2014, 12:14 PM
I want a hidden baguette hack and a Gerard Depardieu hack. I think his nose would give a really nice silhouette with the hood. And obv a Zidane headbutt hack.

ze_topazio
05-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Zidane headbutt should be an official move in the game and not just a hack.

Ureh
05-29-2014, 04:27 PM
First time seeing this (sorry if it's a repost). But someone may've found a way to incorporate the Eiffel Tower:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140526183241/assassinscreed/images/2/2c/Assassins_Creed_Desktop_2.jpg

jayjay275
05-29-2014, 04:28 PM

Haha, lol.

GunnerGalactico
05-29-2014, 04:48 PM

They should add Eric Cantona's flying drop kick while they're at it :p

Megas_Doux
05-29-2014, 05:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They should add Eric Cantona's flying drop kick while they're at it :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Nice!

Locopells
05-29-2014, 08:04 PM
First time seeing this (sorry if it's a repost). But someone may've found a way to incorporate the Eiffel Tower:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140526183241/assassinscreed/images/2/2c/Assassins_Creed_Desktop_2.jpg

Heh!