PDA

View Full Version : Blowpipe ruined Black Flag for me

Darkgora
05-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Since ubisoft doesn't take suggestions I figured it would be necessary to make this post.
The blowpipe ruined black flag for me. It's way over powered and it looks absolutely ridiculous.
What were they thinking? They ruined a perfectly good character model. My OCD literally won't allow me to concentrate on anything other than that dangling ****ing blowpipe! Ubisoft, you owe it to us to release an update that allows you to change weapons, or at least choose which ones show!

Aphex_Tim
05-20-2014, 07:40 AM
I hardly see how a tiny wooden stick can ruin an entire game.
Try different outfits and see what you think fits best with the blowpipe.

Locopells
05-20-2014, 10:04 AM
OCD aside, if you thinks it's OP, don't use it!

However, welcome to the forums!

Markaccus
05-20-2014, 12:55 PM
I am not bothered either way about the blow pipe, but i think being able to equip your assassin with your own personal weapon choices would be a good addition. Maybe they could have given us the choice between the blow pipe or throwing knives. Something like that.

Locopells
05-20-2014, 01:10 PM
The option to un-equip weapons has long been a central desire for a lot of players.

Kirokill
05-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Why do I feel like I've seen a thread that looks exactly like this...

pacmanate
05-20-2014, 01:26 PM
I hardly see how a tiny wooden stick can ruin an entire game.

It can ruin relationships.

OT - Didn't really mind the look of it, I liked how it flapped around (seriously... I am being serious). I did think it was way OP though, which is why I didn't use it.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Well, yes I would love to be given the option to remove weapons. I like my models clean but, I think you're really overreacting too...I mean...it ruined the entire game? come now...i'm sure there was something you liked that took your mind off the blow pipe? and cussing really wont get you anywhere..

marvelfannumber
05-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I feel you OP, the small blowpipe gave me cancer unfortunatly. Luckily it also cured my cancer, but it also gave me leprosy, and it did not cure that......oh........

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:35 PM
I feel you OP, the small blowpipe gave me cancer unfortunatly. Luckily it also cured my cancer, but it also gave me leprosy, and it did not cure that......oh........
Maybe you stuck it up somewhere you shouldn't have...................................like your nose or something

marvelfannumber
05-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe you stuck it up somewhere you shouldn't have...................................like your nose or something
I think it went up other places but it might have come out my nose, ok you know what this should be a feature in Assassin's Creed 7, who's with me?! Nobody, oh ok.....

pacmanate
05-20-2014, 05:38 PM

Hmm, Interesting *strokes beard*

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:40 PM
I think it went up other places but it might have come out my nose, ok you know what this should be a feature in Assassin's Creed 7, who's with me?! Nobody, oh ok.....
NO WAIT, i'm with you..this could be the next revolutionary mechanic

marvelfannumber
05-20-2014, 05:46 PM
NO WAIT, i'm with you..this could be the next revolutionary mechanic

"The new function for the blowpipe will truly reinvigorate the franchise and take the story in new and interesting directions"

-AC7 marketing department 2015

10/10 -IGN
10/10 -GameTrailers
6.9/10 -GameSpot

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
6.9/10 -GameSpot
Dat hipster..

gamespot, the new Edge

marvelfannumber
05-20-2014, 05:50 PM
This thread went in a wierder direction.

I might have gone too far in a few places....

10000002/10

Kaschra
05-20-2014, 05:50 PM
So simply because you think the blowpipe looks ugly, it ruined the ENTIRE game for you?
Seriously?
Dammit, that's some high quality overreacting right here.

Darkgora
05-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Despite how absolutely annoying this is for me, I'm a bit more content knowing that my opinion is being heard haha.

So simply because you think the blowpipe looks ugly, it ruined the ENTIRE game for you?
Seriously?
Dammit, that's some high quality overreacting right here.
I agree, but I'm pretty stubborn. Most of my anger came from hours of me trying to get that glitch to work, where after a smugglers den mission you can make your weapons disappear. All I could do is lose my swords and guns. No matter how many times I tried, the blowpipe remained -_-

BATISTABUS
05-20-2014, 10:14 PM
I loved what the blowpipe could have been, and I was pretty happy overall with what it was. It is quite overpowered, and the berserk dart is pretty absurd, but it still helped make stealth better in AC4 than it has been in ages. I definitely think the blow-dart should return in sequels, but with a few significant nerfs.