PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Creed Cities Elimination Game, Final Round - ELIMINATION 4

frodrigues55
05-19-2014, 11:32 AM
A winner is out - the Frontier, chosen favorite of Round IV (AC3 and Liberation), is eliminated from our game!

The previous 2 eliminted cities - New York and Rome - were runner up on their respective rounds.

The elimination of the Frontier (15 votes) means that all AC3 cities are eliminated from the game.

Which one is next? :cool:

Damascus (Round I Winner)
http://i59.tinypic.com/j7421u.jpg

Jerusalem (Round I Runner Up)
http://i59.tinypic.com/116j76d.jpg

Venice (Round II Winner)
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cnv615.jpg

Florence (Round II Runner Up)
http://i61.tinypic.com/ifpruo.jpg

Constantinople (Round III Winner)
http://i59.tinypic.com/2581lvo.jpg

Rome (Round III Runner Up)
http://i60.tinypic.com/2n07ss0.jpg

Frontier (Round IV Winner)
http://i57.tinypic.com/wrmc84.jpg

New York (Round IV Runner Up)
http://i60.tinypic.com/m3io5.jpg

Havanna (Round V Winner)
http://i58.tinypic.com/xn9qhj.jpg

Caribbean's Other Locations (Includes all islands, other cities, forts and underwater from both AC4 and Freedom Cry) (Round V Runner Up)
http://i57.tinypic.com/iwr6nd.jpg

frodrigues55
05-19-2014, 11:35 AM
I hope Jerusalem is finally out so I can start voting for other options, lol. I've been voting for it since Elimination 1 :p

I see I will finally starting voting for other cities when the game becomes really tough, I've spent the easiest part stuck with the same option!

Locopells
05-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Same here, Re Caribbean's Other Locations...

Kirokill
05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Venice!

Farlander1991
05-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Again, for the sake of consistency, voting for the Caribbean.

Dev_Anj
05-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Jerusalem again.

Go #TeamJerusalem!

inferno33222
05-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Woot woot! It's time to say goodbye, Jerusalem!

Jexx21
05-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Hmm.. tough choice between Jerusalem, Venice, and the Carribean locations.

Mehtih_
05-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Definitely Venice. It was the most beautiful city in the AC series.

Farlander1991
05-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Definitely Venice. It was the most beautiful city in the AC series.

It's vote for ELIMINATION, so if you voted Venice you just voted against it :/

Mehtih_
05-19-2014, 01:53 PM
It's vote for ELIMINATION, so if you voted Venice you just voted against it :/
Sorry. Unfortunately, it is impossible to undo the vote :(

oliacr
05-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Jerusalem. I wanted to go with Jerusalem but I put my vote on Havana by a mistake :D :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
A winner is out - the Frontier, chosen favorite of Round IV (AC3 and Liberation), is eliminated from our game!

The elimination of the Frontier (15 votes) means that all AC3 cities are eliminated from the game.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608011607984309681&pid=1.7

But for the sake of continuity, Caribbean as always.

Hans684
05-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Venice.

Sushiglutton
05-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Come on now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI

Venice.

Whatever M is paying you I will double it!

Markaccus
05-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Finally the Frontier is GONE! Sanity restored :p

Voted for C.O.L. There are some nice islands, and the ruins are good, but there are also some sh1t holes :D
I also do not like the forts. I only use them as fast travel points and the occasional ammo top-up. they are a bit of a mess visually inside.

Hans684
05-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Whatever M is paying you I will double it!

I'm the one paying M! So shall I double whatever you wanted to get doubled?

Locopells
05-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Come on now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI

Didn't know the English knock-off was in the poll...

Kaschra
05-19-2014, 07:25 PM
I want to see Jerusalem go.

inferno33222
05-19-2014, 07:57 PM
How could you like the small and drab Jerusalem more than the Caribbean? The Caribbean is so colorful, varied, and fresh.

GunnerGalactico
05-19-2014, 07:58 PM
And still sticking with Caribbean Islands :rolleyes:

The Frontier is gone!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm going for Jerusalem because it's the city I remember the least - tells you something...

lothario-da-be
05-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Voted for COL, now let the real competition begin!

SixKeys
05-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Venice. Most overrated city in the series.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Venice. Most overrated city in the series.

What's happening m

SixKeys
05-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I will laugh if Venice ends up booted from the top 3, since people started out so sure it was going to win.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:26 PM
I will laugh if Venice ends up booted from the top 3, since people started out so sure it was going to win.

I have a bet on with M - he's adamant an AC2 city will win but I say Constantinople will win - so here's hoping Venice gets tossed out.

Jexx21
05-19-2014, 08:27 PM
It's funny how the eliminated maps were all some of my favorites

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Ridiculous how few people love Florence - such a warm, homely feel. Stunning landmarks - ah Florence I love you so...

Jexx21
05-19-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm thinking that Florence is going to win.

Either Florence or Constantinople.

Kaschra
05-19-2014, 08:33 PM
I think the same. I love both, but prefer Constantinople.

Ridiculous how few people love Florence - such a warm, homely feel. Stunning landmarks - ah Florence I love you so...
What do you mean? It's a good sign it doesn't have any votes in this poll here lol

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:36 PM
I think the same. I love both, but prefer Constantinople.

What do you mean? It's a good sign it doesn't have any votes in this poll here lol

Oh, Jexx's post made me think it was out my bad.

Hooray for Firenze!

lothario-da-be
05-19-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking that Florence is going to win.

Either Florence or Constantinople.
If this poll was right after acr's release Constantinople would win, now Florence wil won cause of nostalgia.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:40 PM
If this poll was right after acr's release Constantinople would win, now Florence wil won cause of nostalgia.

People talk like everybody's only played AC2 once all those years ago and that our memory's are a rose tinted haze even though we own the games and can play it any time and STILL hold positive opinions of AC2.

Jexx21
05-19-2014, 08:41 PM
No, Rome, the Frontier, and New York are just some of my favorite maps in the series.

Damascus, Florence, Rome, Constantinople, Boston, New York, Frontier, Havana, Kingston, Nassau

Those are my favorite maps, barring the "home" cities/towns, which are always my absolute favorites since they're "home." I don't tend to count them on actual rankings though.
But seriously, any map after AC2 are top maps because AC1 and AC2's stupid smoggy filter or whatever. I also love colonial architecture so..

Acre would actually beat Damascus for me if it wasn't for the smog filter and if the color filter wasn't as strong.

Jexx21
05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
People talk like everybody's only played AC2 once all those years ago and that our memory's are a rose tinted haze even though we own the games and can play it any time and STILL hold positive opinions of AC2.
tbh, I only ever completed AC2 once.

In fact, the only AC game I ever completed more than once was AC1.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:45 PM
tbh, I only ever completed AC2 once.

In fact, the only AC game I ever completed more than once was AC1.

Just saying, you can't attribute everything to nostalgia with no evidence.

I happen to have completed AC2 again this year and still love Firenze.

Megas_Doux
05-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Constantinople might take this!

To me, and many people as far as I remember from previous polls, that city is stunning! It has gorgeous and diverse environments that range from slums to rich districts alike. Some of the BEST background music to date, the docks at night are especially beautiful.

Some of the best landmarks in the series like the Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia and Galata Tower, My favorite city to date.

SixKeys
05-19-2014, 10:28 PM

Florence hasn't gotten any votes so far, so people DO seem to like it.

frodrigues55
05-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Just saying, you can't attribute everything to nostalgia with no evidence.

I happen to have completed AC2 again this year and still love Firenze.

Thank you.

For whatever reason, some people seem to get really angry at the fact that AC2 is a fan favorite - like its popularity automatically puts in discredit whoever likes it best. It's little annoying - I know it must suck to hate something and see it being preferred over your favorite, but really, does it matter that much?

I, for one, played the whole series at once when AC3 was released, so I don't have nostalgia over one in particular as I played them all in a row. I know how to appreciate each one of the game for whatever reasons, nor do I have a favorite assassin or whatever. Each of them plays their cards well in my opinion. But, although AC2 has its problems, I still have a soft spot for it. I doesn't come out of nothing, nor it's simply nostalgia. I'm currently in my third playthrough of the series and I still find myself loving Florence.

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 12:21 AM
It's just an easy excuse for the haters to say you only like something because of nostalgia. Never mind that some of us have played through all the games many times over the years.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 12:30 AM
It's just an easy excuse for the haters...
You sound like a Connor fangirl...

Jexx21
05-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Brotherhood was a better game in general than Assassin's Creed 2.

But AC2's story was better than Brotherhood's.

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 12:50 AM
You sound like a Connor fangirl...

Why? If someone says "you only like something because so-and-so", that's a prejudiced assumption no matter the subject.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Why? If someone says "you only like something because so-and-so", that's a prejudiced assumption no matter the subject.
Does it apply to "you only don't like something because so and so"? I'm saying that because you're one of the rabid attackers of Connor fangirls whenever they post anything akin to this....just sayin'

Megas_Doux
05-20-2014, 05:20 AM
Thank you.

For whatever reason, some people seem to get really angry at the fact that AC2 is a fan favorite - like its popularity automatically puts in discredit whoever likes it best. It's little annoying - I know it must suck to hate something and see it being preferred over your favorite, but really, does it matter that much?

I, for one, played the whole series at once when AC3 was released, so I don't have nostalgia over one in particular as I played them all in a row. I know how to appreciate each one of the game for whatever reasons, nor do I have a favorite assassin or whatever. Each of them plays their cards well in my opinion. But, although AC2 has its problems, I still have a soft spot for it. I doesn't come out of nothing, nor it's simply nostalgia. I'm currently in my third playthrough of the series and I still find myself loving Florence.

I have been a fan of this franchise since 2007, and even though this account is relatively new, I still remember the old days in which Al Mualim was an ancestor of Vidic......

My theory about the "hate" or critics that AC II receives here by some some people, like myself -do not get wrong, I love AC II- is the fact that outside this forum, in places like facebook and youtube, expressing any critics about it -and ACB to a lesser extent- or any preference in regards of other games and protagonists in the series would lead to neverending doses of cyber bullying. Here it seems that you can be more vocal about those things, even to the point that the situation is the exact opposite haha.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:43 AM
I have been a fan of this franchise since 2007, and even though this account is relatively new, I still remember the old days in which Al Mualim was an ancestor of Vidic......

My theory about the "hate" or critics that AC II receives here by some some people, like myself -do not get wrong, I love AC II- is the fact that outside this forum, in places like facebook and youtube, expressing any critics about it -and ACB to a lesser extent- or any preference in regards of other games and protagonists in the series would lead to neverending doses of cyber bullying. Here it seems that you can be more vocal about those things, even to the point that the situation is the exact opposite haha.
This..

it's not that everyone likes it, it's the fact that if anyone says otherwise, they're bullied to no end (to a lesser extent here)

people who get annoyed here about the hate towards AC II should go to YT or FB and say that they like AC III, AC IV, ACR or Connor best....see how you'll be treated.

The "hate" towards AC II here is NOTHING compared to what a non-AC II fan (heck, just someone who does not think AC II is the best thing ever to exist and was the second coming of Jesus) will get elsewhere, i'm sure it'd be the same way here if it wasn't for the mods and forum managers keeping everyone in check.

Dev_Anj
05-20-2014, 06:00 AM
people who get annoyed here about the hate towards AC II should go to YT or FB and say that they like AC III, AC IV, ACR or Connor best....see how you'll be treated.

I've seen a lot of people say that they like AC 3, AC 4, AC R or Connor best and still be treated well by the community of AC fans.

Granted there are a lot of trolls since the AC community is large, but there are quite a few sensible people as well.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 06:03 AM
I've seen a lot of people say that they like AC 3, AC 4, AC R or Connor best and still be treated well by the community of AC fans.
HERE, not anywhere else...try going to a popular AC video and say you like Connor or that your favorite is not AC II, you'll be treated like crap..

Farlander1991
05-20-2014, 07:43 AM

I'm critiquing AC2 a lot on these forums, but I do so with pretty much every AC game here :p And by 'critiquing' I mean 'critiquing' not 'pouring with ****' - i.e. argumenting everything I love and don't like about the game, what I consider good and bad.

That being said, AC2 can get on my nerves for one reason: it gets away with things other AC games don't, people can diss other AC games for things that are present in AC2 as well, but since it's AC2 it's all awesome. And that can get somewhat irritating.

Markaccus
05-20-2014, 08:32 AM
How could you like the small and drab Jerusalem more than the Caribbean? The Caribbean is so colorful, varied, and fresh.

Completely see where you are coming from. Personally i voted caribbean because of the forts mainly. I also take into account the fact that the rendering and filtering was not as advanced in AC1 so it is hard to compare that side of things.

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Does it apply to "you only don't like something because so and so"? I'm saying that because you're one of the rabid attackers of Connor fangirls whenever they post anything akin to this....just sayin'

Example? I don't get what you mean.

HERE, not anywhere else...try going to a popular AC video and say you like Connor or that your favorite is not AC II, you'll be treated like crap..

You're lending too much credibility to YouTube comments.

Jexx21
05-20-2014, 03:00 PM
i can't take sixkeys seriously when her avatar is kissy face cesare o_o

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Example? I don't get what you mean.
Example for what?

You're lending too much credibility to YouTube comments.
I'm sure people on YT say the same thing about this place...

Jexx21
05-20-2014, 03:35 PM
that's how i feel about this place

Megas_Doux
05-20-2014, 04:18 PM
That being said, AC2 can get on my nerves for one reason: it gets away with things other AC games don't, people can diss other AC games for things that are present in AC2 as well, but since it's AC2 it's all awesome. And that can get somewhat irritating.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find that PRETTY annoying too.

Dev_Anj
05-20-2014, 04:25 PM

Not really. There are quite a few comments that claim that AC 4 is the best game of the franchise, or that they like Connor. Now of course there will be trolls because the AC community is so large, and also because the Youtube comment section is often viewed as a free for all. But why care so much about trolls?

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Example for what?

"Does it apply to "you only don't like something because so and so"? I'm saying that because you're one of the rabid attackers of Connor fangirls whenever they post anything akin to this....just sayin'"

I don't understand what the above sentence means. Are you saying I have accused Connor fangirls of something? If so, what?

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 04:37 PM
"Does it apply to "you only don't like something because so and so"? I'm saying that because you're one of the rabid attackers of Connor fangirls whenever they post anything akin to this....just sayin'"

I don't understand what the above sentence means. Are you saying I have accused Connor fangirls of something? If so, what?
Oh that, well you always accuse the Connor fangirl of dismissing all and every complaint against Connor as something coming from a "hater" and you hate it when they push everyone who dislikes Connor under the "hater" umbrella..

Not really. There are quite a few comments that claim that AC 4 is the best game of the franchise, or that they like Connor. Now of course there will be trolls because the AC community is so large, and also because the Youtube comment section is often viewed as a free for all. But why care so much about trolls?
on an AC II video? without being attacked? i find that hard to believe..

if it's a small minority of people, then yeah...mindless trolls are everywhere but it's an entire portion of the fanbase...believe me, go to a video about AC II and post that you didnt like AC II too much or that you like Connor...you'll see what i mean

ze_topazio
05-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Hey, don't fight, everybody has different tastes, lets all be friends and agree that AC2 is the best.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Hey, don't fight, everybody has different tastes, lets all be friends and agree that AC2 is the best.
Did you know that i'm now forced to root for Venice and/or Florence to win my bet with Shahk? oh crap, that means I must also vote against Constantinople....maybe

ze_topazio
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
How much money is involved? or is Justin Bieber again?

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:09 PM
How much money is involved? or is Justin Bieber again?
Neither, if I lose, i use an Ezio Kawaii sig and if he loses, he uses a sig that says "I pledge allegiance to my queen Assassin_M"

ze_topazio
05-20-2014, 05:14 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvl22mL1IB1qh2qmpo1_500.jpg

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 05:15 PM
found my sig, was going to use another one but i'm all for variety, thank you sir.

ze_topazio
05-20-2014, 05:17 PM
This one is hilarious too.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/301/3/6/he_was_just_born_kawaii_by_reaperclamp-d5j7nv6.jpg

Shahkulu101
05-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Did you know that i'm now forced to root for Venice and/or Florence to win my bet with Shahk? oh crap, that means I must also vote against Constantinople....maybe

Err no...that's called cheating. You still have to be honest with your vote.

Kaschra
05-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes Ezio, you are xD

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Err no...that's called cheating. You still have to be honest with your vote.
Ahhh, dammit...fine...

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Oh that, well you always accuse the Connor fangirl of dismissing all and every complaint against Connor as something coming from a "hater" and you hate it when they push everyone who dislikes Connor under the "hater" umbrella..

You have literally said you hate AC2 on several occasions. If you hate something, then you are by definition a hater.

Jexx21
05-20-2014, 09:24 PM
hater is a stupid term that shouldn't be used in actual arguments

Hans684
05-20-2014, 09:33 PM
hater is a stupid term that shouldn't be used in actual arguments

Or a pointless label.

Assassin_M
05-20-2014, 09:39 PM
You have literally said you hate AC2 on several occasions. If you hate something, then you are by definition a hater.
So you locked on those posts and ignored the ones where I stated that i DON'T hate any of the AC games?

Locopells
05-21-2014, 12:50 AM
Guys, you're interrupting the flow of the conversation somewhat...

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Guys, you're interrupting the flow of the conversation somewhat...
yeah, I started it, my bad...i'll stop now

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-21-2014, 01:40 AM
yeah, I started it, my bad...i'll stop now

Good boy *pats head* ^_^

Dev_Anj
05-21-2014, 01:45 AM
on an AC II video? without being attacked? i find that hard to believe..

if it's a small minority of people, then yeah...mindless trolls are everywhere but it's an entire portion of the fanbase...believe me, go to a video about AC II and post that you didnt like AC II too much or that you like Connor...you'll see what i mean

Well yes, people have posted about how good AC 3 and AC 4 are on AC 2 videos without being attacked. Of course if you post that you didn't like AC 2 in a confrontational manner, people will react, because that's the internet equivalent of walking into a movie discussion room dedicated to talking about one movie, and talking rudely about that movie.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Well yes, people have posted about how good AC 3 and AC 4 are on AC 2 videos without being attacked. Of course if you post that you didn't like AC 2 in a confrontational manner, people will react, because that's the internet equivalent of walking into a movie discussion room dedicated to talking about one movie, and talking rudely about that movie.
Give me 4 days, i shall prove you wrong..

meet me at the off-topic thread in 4 days and i'll show you something..I will comment respectfully and in a non-confrontational manner on an AC II video that I did not like AC II nor Ezio and that I prefer Connor and AC III

Dev_Anj
05-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Let me guess, a collection of comments from AC 2 videos being attacked? Nah, I don't need those. :p

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Let me guess, a collection of comments from AC 2 videos being attacked? Nah, I don't need those. :p
no, I edited my my post

Dev_Anj
05-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Well.... that should be an interesting social experiment. Which video will you comment on? A let's play? A trailer? A cutscene video?

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Well.... that should be an interesting social experiment. Which video will you comment on? A let's play? A trailer? A cutscene video?
Ezio's family soundtrack video...

HDinHB
05-21-2014, 06:46 AM
g..I will comment respectfully and in a non-confrontational manner on an AC II video that I did not like AC II nor Ezio and that I prefer Connor and AC III

I'm not sure that can be done in a nonconfrontational way, respectfully maybe, but this scenario is confrontational by its nature. You're peeing in someone's pool. If you wanted to do something truly interesting, develop your respectful, nonconfrontational comment and post it on videos for each of the games, changing only the character's name and game in each post (Altaïr < Ezio < Connor < Edward < Altaïr). Then do the same for a movie franchise with different actors (Spider-man, Batman, James Bond). That might be worth discussing.

Of course, that might be considered trolling, but in the interest of science...

edit:
To get the ball rolling, I found an AC2 video with both pro-AC3 and anti-AC2 comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQb1ngImAg
Read 16 replies to deltayuri101 "ac3 is still my favorite!"
and 11 replies to finalfantasy8VIII "Gotta ask am I the only person who is not a fan of this game? I found it quite boring couldn't bring myself to finish it even... I can't be alone even though I have yet to meet someone who agrees with me lol" 

Locopells
05-21-2014, 09:28 AM
*facepalm*

Guys, you're still off topic, we're supposed to be talking about the cities here! I'm all for the conversation evolving, but if it gets to the point of a new topic (in this case YouTube), then yes, take it to either the BUWYWL or a new thread...

GunnerGalactico
05-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Why the heck would anyone vote for Constantinople? ... Really like that city.

oliacr
05-21-2014, 02:27 PM

The best so far.

marvelfannumber
05-21-2014, 03:05 PM
The best so far.
I prefer Florence honestly but that might be because I never played Revelations.

oliacr
05-21-2014, 03:24 PM
I prefer Florence honestly but that might be because I never played Revelations.

You should have played Revelations.

Kaschra
05-21-2014, 05:02 PM

Yeah, we have exactly ONE Constantinople hater around here. I wonder who it is...

Ureh
05-21-2014, 05:15 PM
*activates Eagle Vision*

Nooooooooo.... that's not true. It can't be!

D-:>

Kaschra
05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh no, another Constantinople hater emerged :O

Megas_Doux
05-21-2014, 05:23 PM

Constantinople is a city that, in my humble opinion, has the best this franchise has offer. From slums to very rich districts, ruins, grandeur landmarks, a very engaging atmosphere, etc etc.

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't hate Constantinople by any means, but the freerunning in it is the most cumbersome apart from AC3's cities. So I'm not too crazy about it.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 06:44 PM
apart from AC3's cities.
i thought we already talked about how AC III's free running in Boston AND NY was fine and that it's a problem with bugs in your game.

marvelfannumber
05-21-2014, 08:14 PM
You should have played Revelations.

Why? I already own Brotherhood.

Bum Dum Tssshhhhh

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Why? I already own Brotherhood.

Bum Dum Tssshhhhh

The beautiful city, mesmerizing ambient music, Yusuf Tazim, along with a touching conclusion to Ezio and Altair's stories make up for its shortcomings in my opinion. Go try it out, the ending is written wonderfully. Just...ignore Sofia.

Kaschra
05-21-2014, 08:32 PM
The beautiful city, mesmerizing ambient music, Yusuf Tazim, along with a touching conclusion to Ezio and Altair's stories make up for its shortcomings in my opinion. Go try it out, the ending is written wonderfully. Just...ignore Sofia.

Sofia is nice :P

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 08:33 PM
i thought we already talked about how AC III's free running in Boston AND NY was fine and that it's a problem with bugs in your game.

What matters to ME is MY experience.

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Sofia is nice :P

Yeah, and that's it. No personality.

EDIT: Oh and Marvel, also ignore the set piece at the end of the game - your heart will sink...

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
All the characters in ACR sucked.

Kaschra
05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Yeah, and that's it. No personality.
Then you are blind.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 08:41 PM
I strongly disagree. There were some really good characters in ACR, sure I thought some of them had some missed potential but they were far more interesting than anything we got in brotherhood and II.

The Villains in ACR for one were interesting.

What matters to ME is MY experience.
Then don't state it so broadly as a problem with AC III's cities..

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 08:44 PM

No they didn't. Ahmet was a better villain than all of AC2 and ACB's Templars combined. And Yusuf was...Yusuf. Come on, surely you liked Yusuf...

EDIT: @Kaschra Okay I'm being a little harsh I just didn't find her particularly compelling.

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Then don't state it so broadly as a problem with AC III's cities..

Does every post here need prefacing with "this is just my opinion, please don't attack me, M!! :( " ? Unless it's actual news, everything anyone posts here is just opinion. Lately you seem to be antagonizing people just for the sake of antagonizing.

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 08:48 PM
No they didn't. Ahmet was a better villain than all of AC2 and ACB's Templars combined. And Yusuf was...Yusuf. Come on, surely you liked Yusuf...

EDIT: @Kaschra Okay I'm being a little harsh I just didn't find her particularly compelling.

Ahmet was okay. And Suleiman too, I forgot about those two. Yusuf was almost as boring as Sofia. Not quite, but almost. Hell, even Altaïr was bad and he's my favorite assassin.

Shahkulu101
05-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Ahmet was okay. And Suleiman too, I forgot about those two. Yusuf was almost as boring as Sofia. Not quite, but almost.

;(

I love Yusuf - one of my favourites.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Does every post here need prefacing with "this is just my opinion, please don't attack me, M!! :( " ? Unless it's actual news, everything anyone posts here is just opinion.
Your post was different, though..it wasn't an opinion, it was an experience and you broadly said "this is better compared to AC III's cities" which is just wrong, because the problem is not in AC III's cities, it's in the bugs you faced. so disregarding the whole opinion thing, the phrase itself does not accurately represent your view.

Lately you seem to be antagonizing people just for the sake of antagonizing.
If pointing out flaws and hypocrisy is antagonizing, well...

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Your post was different, though..it wasn't an opinion, it was an experience and you broadly said "this is better compared to AC III's cities" which is just wrong, because the problem is not in AC III's cities, it's in the bugs you faced. so disregarding the whole opinion thing, the phrase itself does not accurately represent your view.

Not every complaint I had about AC3's cities was due to bugs. The automated freerunning made navigation a PITA and that wasn't a bug but a "feature". Trees being unclimbable was the most common bug I experienced and there weren't enough trees in the cities for this to be the main problem. I simply found there to be too many gaps between houses and not enough visual cues for alternate routes like in previous games. I don't care if you can prove that it's possible to run through Boston using nothing but rooftops. I don't play the games like that. I use the rooftops when it feels convenient, and the automated freerunning in AC3 made rooftop navigation a chore at the best of times. MY experience is that freerunning in the Altaïr and Ezio games is smooth and intuitive, whereas in AC3 it's slow and cumbersome.

Jexx21
05-21-2014, 08:59 PM
ACR was the best Ezio game in terms of story, locale, and gameplay (except in some facets). The characters were fairly equal besides Ezio, whose best characterization is in ACR (or AC2, depends). The Jannisarries sucked though, not because they were "hard," but rather because they implemented an artificial way of making them tougher: giving them a crap-load of health. ACR also suffered from a lack of meaningful side content.

In terms of overall ranking I'd actually place ACR lower than ACB in terms of enjoyability, but if ACR had the same depth of side content as ACB, it would definitely beat ACB.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Not every complaint I had about AC3's cities was due to bugs. The automated freerunning made navigation a PITA and that wasn't a bug but a "feature". Trees being unclimbable was the most common bug I experienced and there weren't enough trees in the cities for this to be the main problem. I simply found there to be too many gaps between houses and not enough visual cues for alternate routes like in previous games. I don't care if you can prove that it's possible to run through Boston using nothing but rooftops. I don't play the games like that. I use the rooftops when it feels convenient, and the automated freerunning in AC3 made rooftop navigation a chore at the best of times. MY experience is that freerunning in the Altaïr and Ezio games is smooth and intuitive, whereas in AC3 it's slow and cumbersome.
Your experience (apart from the bugs) is skewed then, if you choose to ignore the fact that the problem lies in how you play the game then it's not the city's fault. I have shown videos that changed many people's mind about the free-running on AC III's rooftops and that it's not as bad everyone seems to make it out to be, if you're going to ignore that, then i WILL call you out when you use a broad term to describe your experience.

Kaschra
05-21-2014, 09:04 PM
ACR also suffered from a lack of meaningful side content.

However I have to say the Master Assassin missios in ACR belong to my fave side missions in the franchise.

Well yeah, just because you don't like her, doesn't mean she has no personality :P
(I mean, for example I don't like Connor and I don't say he has no personality - because he does)

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Well yeah, just because you don't like her, doesn't mean she has no personality :P
(I mean, for example I don't like Connor and I don't say he has no personality - because he does)
it's impossible for a functioning Human being to have no personality anyway and yes, that includes animated pixels.

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Your experience (apart from the bugs) is skewed then, if you choose to ignore the fact that the problem lies in how you play the game then it's not the city's fault. I have shown videos that changed many people's mind about the free-running on AC III's rooftops and that it's not as bad everyone seems to make it out to be, if you're going to ignore that, then i WILL call you out when you use a broad term to describe your experience.

Lol, "if you think this is bad, then it's your fault because you're playing the game wrong". Tell you what: Ezio is a fantastic protagonist, AC2 is an amazing game and Venice's filter is awesome. If you disagree, you're wrong because you're just not playing the game according to my standards.

I'm done.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Lol, "if you think this is bad, then it's your fault because you're playing the game wrong". Tell you what: Ezio is a fantastic protagonist, AC2 is an amazing game and Venice's filter is awesome. If you disagree, you're wrong because you're just not playing the game according to my standards.

I'm done.
That's incorrect, i'm not talking about a standard or an opinion, that would be childish. I'm explaining that i have shown that the rooftops in AC III are just as accessible and connected as the ones in AC II-ACB but you deliberately choose to ignore that and say "that's not how i play", if you're intentionally ignoring a way of play that makes the rooftops more fun, then it IS your fault.

Jexx21
05-21-2014, 09:17 PM
You can't change the way you play to give Ezio a better characterization or the filters in the cities (well, you could actually do the last one on PC with an ENB series).

marvelfannumber
05-21-2014, 09:18 PM

Yes it has a nice story, which is why I just watched the cutscenes. Gameplay wise it's not worth the money unless there is a Steam sale in my opinion.

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
(well, you could actually do the last one on PC with an ENB series).
Nah it'd still looked washed off and ugly...too artificial since it affects the sky too.

SixKeys
05-21-2014, 09:21 PM
You can't change the way you play to give Ezio a better characterization or the filters in the cities (well, you could actually do the last one on PC with an ENB series).

You can lower your expectations to a level where you can enjoy cliché Hollywood Italian stallions. If you're refusing to lower your standards so you can enjoy the game, then it's your fault for not enjoying the characterization. ;)

Assassin_M
05-21-2014, 09:25 PM
You can lower your expectations to a level where you can enjoy cliché Hollywood Italian stallions. If you're refusing to lower your standards so you can enjoy the game, then it's your fault for not enjoying the characterization. ;)
I don't think I had to lower my standards to have fun with the rooftops in AC III, I don't think you would either...what you're proposing is a completely different case

Locopells
05-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Oh and Marvel, also ignore the set piece at the end of the game - your heart will sink...

What, you don't like the occasional OTT moment?!

Shahkulu101
05-22-2014, 12:29 AM
What, you don't like the occasional OTT moment?!

That was too OTT, I don't mind OTT if it's theoretically possible - or doesn't look absolutely ridiculous - that moment was impossible and looked absolutely ridiculous.

Jexx21
05-22-2014, 12:39 AM
it was so possible, I did it last week

I-Like-Pie45
05-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Heavy does it all the time! Ha!