PDA

View Full Version : Good Time of Day to Try Unlocking Rhodes in Revelations Multiplayer?

DukeLeto7
05-17-2014, 09:04 AM
I've been making a concerted effort in the last few days to put in the Revelations Multiplayer hours needed to unlock Rhodes in the Single Player metagame.

There are three kinds of problems I'm having.

First, I'm not entirely clear on what I should be doing, since the documentation and threads on various forums is contradictory. The unofficial wiki says I need to have played Multiplayer games in three maps, regardless of time: Knight's Hospital, Souk and Ippokratous. Trouble is that I am fairly sure I've done that. Other sources say there are 8 maps I need to play, but don't say which ones.

Second, the overall multiplayer activity is very low, unsurprising for a three year old release's multiplayer, seemingly consisting of a trickle of newbies like myself (probably trying to do what I'm doing for their own SP campaigns) and a cadre of hardcore level 50 players who are the remains of the elite multiplayer community. Sometimes there is no discernible activity at all.

Third, the Level 50 guys constitute a majority of any 8 player session, and when I was in about 5-8 hours ago (Late Friday night EDT, 5/16) all of them appear to have voted for the map with Artifact Hunts over my preference for anything on the Rhodes maps. I also got someone's voice, a string of obscenities in Spanish, possibly related to my poor skill level. I think this group has its own play preferences and they are (frankly) getting in the way of my own priorities. I'd rather not be in their way if at all possible.

So based on that, I intend to give it the old college try again over the weekend, and was hoping someone could suggest when I'd have the least amount of difficulty doing it.

If someone could set me straight on the actual requirements so I'm not a burden to the rest of the community for any longer than I have to be that'd also be helpful.

Thanks much. :)

DukeLeto7
05-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Nevermind, made it with what appears to have been the Russian Saturday contingent. :) (Even got the hang of artifact theft.)

Leaving the thread open for comments as others may have the same issue.

I'd suggest the mods look at stickying it too.

Locopells
05-17-2014, 05:39 PM
The Russian Saturday contingent?!

DukeLeto7
05-17-2014, 10:40 PM
The Russian Saturday contingent?!

Well I received a friend request in Cyrillic while playing between 8:00 and 11:00 AM GMT, so I have to assume that at least some players were Russians on a Saturday evening their time..

Locopells
05-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Ah, right!