PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Creed Cities Elimination Game, Final Round - ELIMINATION 3

frodrigues55
05-16-2014, 11:39 AM
The elimination of Rome has began.

:o

Hi guys.

Elimination 2 for the final round has ended and Rome is out of the game. I must personally say I am surprised, I have always thought Rome was one of the favorites along with Brotherhood!

So far, both eliminated cities - NY and Rome - were the Runner Up for their own rounds.

Now, which city is next? We are reaching Elimination 3, and the remaining cities are....

Damascus (Round I Winner)
http://i59.tinypic.com/j7421u.jpg

Jerusalem (Round I Runner Up)
http://i59.tinypic.com/116j76d.jpg

Venice (Round II Winner)
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cnv615.jpg

Florence (Round II Runner Up)
http://i61.tinypic.com/ifpruo.jpg

Constantinople (Round III Winner)
http://i59.tinypic.com/2581lvo.jpg

Rome (Round III Runner Up)
http://i60.tinypic.com/2n07ss0.jpg

Frontier (Round IV Winner)
http://i62.tinypic.com/t4xvyq.jpg

New York (Round IV Runner Up)
http://i60.tinypic.com/m3io5.jpg

Havanna (Round V Winner)
http://i58.tinypic.com/xn9qhj.jpg

Caribbean's Other Locations (Includes all islands, other cities, forts and underwater from both AC4 and Freedom Cry) (Round V Runner Up)
http://i57.tinypic.com/iwr6nd.jpg

Kirokill
05-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Too soon. Waiting for the poll.

frodrigues55
05-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Too soon. Waiting for the poll.

Done :o

This is the third consecutive time I'm voting for Jerusalem. That city and it's crappy dated/washed out visuals must go :mad:

Farlander1991
05-16-2014, 11:44 AM
For the sake of consistency, voting for Caribbean again.

Kirokill
05-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Of all. Havana is my least favorite...
Also how many days for each round to end? Two days right?

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
This is the third consecutive time I'm voting for Jerusalem. That city and it's crappy dated/washed out visuals must go :mad:

I voted for Havanna the first time (wtf was I thinking?), but I agree with you. Feels like Jerusalem is hanging in thanks to it's name. The AC version is not as good as the other locations on this list imo.

Shahkulu101
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Can't decide between Frontier and Caribbean other locations. When evaluating the latter do we collectively count the open ocean or just the islands themselves?

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Can't decide between Frontier and Caribbean other locations. When evaluating the latter do we collectively count the open ocean or just the islands themselves?

We count whatever makes you vote for Jerusalem.

Shahkulu101
05-16-2014, 11:52 AM
We count whatever makes you vote for Jerusalem.

Jerusalem at night is rather wonderful (although I can't remember if that was only in the AC2 flashback), I do see what people mean when they berate the grey, washed out colours.

EDIT: just remembered that was Acre! I don't remember Jerusalem at all so I guess that's my vote.

Farlander1991
05-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Jerusalem at night is rather wonderful (although I can't remember if that was only in the AC2 flashback), I do see what people mean when they berate the grey, washed out colours.

It was Acre in AC2 flashback, we never saw Jerusalem at night.

Shahkulu101
05-16-2014, 11:56 AM
It was Acre in AC2 flashback, we never saw Jerusalem at night.

Yeah I remembered and edited. Before I saw this post - I'm not a noob I promise! :nonchalance:

Dev_Anj
05-16-2014, 11:59 AM
I won't be shedding tears for Rome. Or New York for that matter.

And yes, I am voting out Jerusalem this time. The music was nice, and I liked the landmarks in the city, but the actual city itself looks very dull. So much of it is grey, and the architecture is the exact same as Damascus, with only a few churches here and there to differentiate it.

frodrigues55
05-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Of all. Havana is my least favorite...
Also how many days for each round to end? Two days right?

Three full days :) So we are changing rounds Monday morning. I thought this was the ideal time for people to discuss their choices without flooding the forums, although it seems the previous round is still going strong.

I voted for Havanna the first time (wtf was I thinking?), but I agree with you. Feels like Jerusalem is hanging in thanks to it's name. The AC version is not as good as the other locations on this list imo.

Cool :cool: #TeamJerusalem. I don't even think Jerusalem stands out on its own game next to Damascus and Acre, so I'm surprised it is still hanging in there.

For the AC4 round, Caribben locations was a different choice than Caribbean sea (which included boarding and underwater). So basically, it is the islands, cities and forts in general!

oliacr
05-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Havanna again.

Markaccus
05-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Venice 00%
Florence 00%
Constantinople 00%

I think we know roughly where this competition is going. I am amazed Frontier is still hanging in there. :p

SixKeys
05-16-2014, 01:40 PM
People are voting Jerusalem before the Frontier??

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ffnrV95U1r1vzzeo2_500.jpg

Farlander1991
05-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Really, that shocking? I'd vote for Jerusalem before Frontier. Never really liked Jerusalem that much ever since played AC1 for the first time, while had lots of fun exploring and tree-running in the Frontier even though it's got MUCH, MUCH, MUCH less content than it should've had.

SixKeys
05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Really, that shocking? I'd vote for Jerusalem before Frontier. Never really liked Jerusalem that much ever since played AC1 for the first time, while had lots of fun exploring and tree-running in the Frontier even though it's got MUCH, MUCH, MUCH less content than it should've had.

I prefer Damascus and Acre, but I don't have a problem with Jerusalem either. I thought Jerusalem was one of the more popular AC cities, so I'm even more shocked how many people are voting for it.

marvelfannumber
05-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I can't believe the Frontier has lasted longer than Rome. How did that even happen?

Megas_Doux
05-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I really like Jerusalem and kinda consider "unfair" calling it an " ugly filtered and washed out" version of Damascus. But hey, may be is just me enjoying the green filter -the only one I have liked so far - haha.

I-Like-Pie45
05-16-2014, 03:22 PM

cuz people are tired of it

the secret conspiracies

the growing class divides

a destiny humanity is no longer in control of

#findthetruth

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Hmm.. a tough one indeed, but I'll still vote for Caribbean locations.

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 04:54 PM
For the love of Connor, how the heck is the frontier losing? It's one of the most unique locations, not just in AC, but in gaming as a whole. I spent many, many, many hours just running around observing stuff and taking low res screenshots that I then had to delete lol. It's an amazing achievement by Ubi, by far the best thing about AC3 imo.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-16-2014, 05:00 PM
For the love of Connor, how the heck is the frontier losing? It's one of the most unique locations, not just in AC, but in gaming as a whole. I spent many, many, many hours just running around observing stuff and taking low res screenshots that I then had to delete lol. It's an amazing achievement by Ubi, by far the best thing about AC3 imo.

Very true. T'was very unique <3 A nice breathe of fresh air :)

oliacr
05-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Agreed. After a bunch of cities it was fresh.

marvelfannumber
05-16-2014, 05:24 PM

I dunno I honestly found The Frontier kinda boring in my opinion. Maybe it is because I have no interest in running around forests because I hate nature or something but I just found it very unappealing. The tree freerunning was annoying and felt kind of stilted and there just wasn't enough to do there to keep me interested.

GunnerGalactico
05-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Still sticking with Caribbean Islands :rolleyes:

Kirokill
05-16-2014, 07:42 PM
I really like Jerusalem and kinda consider "unfair" calling it an " ugly filtered and washed out" version of Damascus. But hey, may be is just me enjoying the green filter -the only one I have liked so far - haha.

I'm with you mate.

HercRembrandt
05-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I like my AC urban. And I liked Jerusalem, the Temple Mount area was cool.

frodrigues55
05-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Ow, I love the frontier :( It's different from anything else the series has done; it has managed to make great use of the series parkour/climbing in the most natural way (destroying anything Tomb Raider and Unchart's linear ways has managed to achieve so far with those annoying white ledges); it was pretty varied in both summer and winter and so impressively immersive; and seeing the wild life behave on its own was awesome.

I don't know, it didn't have much to do, but it was certainly a work of art (except when you try to use horses on it, that was awful). It's a shame AC3's reception has blocked it from being recognized as the true masterpiece it is. :cool:

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 10:40 PM
I just replayed the first couple of hours of Brotherhood (yay my Ps3 still works!) to check if my memory really was that poor. Turns out you guys are nuts, Rome is great!

Megas_Doux
05-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I just replayed the first couple of hours of Brotherhood (yay my Ps3 still works!) to check if my memory really was that poor. Turns out you guys are nuts, Rome is great!

NO!

:p

HDinHB
05-17-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm surprised Havana is doing so well, I don't remember it being that special. Am I missing something?

ACfan443
05-17-2014, 01:12 AM

I'm with you on this one, I love Rome. I like to regularly boot up the older games just to spend some time free roaming, and I don't think it's nearly as bland as it's made out to be. The only problems I had with it were: the countryside terrain which made horseback traversal problematic and irksome; the way the filter changed when crossing Ponte Sisto (the south westerly bridge in the Centro district) going from looking normal in appearance to a dirty, greenish cast (though this seemed to only happen either during the main campaign, or perhaps in the city's un-liberated state); the countryside music, at times I'd actively avoid stepping foot in the countryside just so I wouldn't have to subject my ears to the incessant high pitched wailing. And finally the persistent white gradient, it's more noticeable and jarring in darker areas of the city - not so much Rome's fault, more of an issue with the game in general.

But other than that, I thought the city was fantastic. And the in city ambient music is just divine, arguably the best ambient track in the whole of the franchise.

Assassin_M
05-17-2014, 01:43 AM
couldn't be happier that Rome lost. extremely overrated just like AC II and ACB. the blandness of the city does not lie in the architecture to me (since i don't throw a hissy fit when buildings are not tall enough or pretty enough) the whole place was just too...dead. The countryside lacked any density whatsoever to give it substance (that was a problem with Italian countrysides in the games in general) the only special elements to the countryside were the landmarks but those don't really redeem the place in my eyes. The small towns were utterly empty and devoid of life too.

The city, like the countryside, is dead and the colors are extremely bland. empty markets, streets that feel too clean...it just had no allure or charm like Florence and Venice.

I'd take NY, Boston and heck even the Frontier over the ugly and bland Rome any day...SO glad it lost and it got some people's panties in a twist hahahahaha.

I don't care who wins now (although I know that Venice or Florence will take this, everyone else does too but they just want to feel like this is an actual competition)

Jexx21
05-17-2014, 02:30 AM
seriously? You guys are gonna eliminate the Frontier?

It's like, one of the best, if not the best, map in Assassin's Creed..

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-17-2014, 02:42 AM
Jerusalem and Carribean Other are catching up so it's not over yet :p

Jexx21
05-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Meh, I think Venice and Florence should have been voted out because they have this awful smoggy filter that is just terrible. Acre and Jerusalem suffer from it too.

Constantinople is hands down the best city though.

roostersrule2
05-17-2014, 03:12 AM
seriously? You guys are gonna eliminate the Frontier?

It's like, one of the best, if not the best, map in Assassin's Creed..Ew no.

Frontier was so boring, repetitive and had no immersion.

Assassin_M
05-17-2014, 03:21 AM
Rome* was so boring, repetitive and had no immersion.
hmm

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-17-2014, 03:29 AM
hmm

Lol I see what you did there :)

roostersrule2
05-17-2014, 03:46 AM
hmmAgreed.

Except Rome was less boring, less repetitive and more immersive.

Also had that mime, clown dude who danced.

Jexx21
05-17-2014, 05:37 AM
rome was best city in series until constantinople

I-Like-Pie45
05-17-2014, 05:43 AM
everyone knows the best city was the mountains anyways

Kirokill
05-17-2014, 07:18 AM
everyone knows the best city was the mountains anyways

Which a part of it was in the frontier. That "city"

Locopells
05-17-2014, 05:54 PM
For the sake of consistency, voting for Caribbean again.

Me too.

Jexx21
05-18-2014, 12:22 AM
after you finish with the cities you should do one for the assassination missions.

yankeegamergirl
05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
This is getting harder....it was between Frontier and Caribbean locations and I liked both. Went with Frontier :(

SixKeys
05-18-2014, 08:00 PM
after you finish with the cities you should do one for the assassination missions.

Agreed, that would be cool.

Kaschra
05-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Voted for the Frontier.

frodrigues55
05-19-2014, 11:25 AM

Woo, neat. Although I don't think it's possible, the polls are limited to 10 options - I wonder if it will work out fine *will do research*

SixKeys
05-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Woo, neat. Although I don't think it's possible, the polls are limited to 10 options - I wonder if it will work out fine *will do research*

No game we have so far has more than 10 main assassinations, so it should be easy. Start with elimination per each game and then pit the winners against each other.

Farlander1991
05-19-2014, 08:28 PM
No game we have so far has more than 10 main assassinations, so it should be easy. Start with elimination per each game and then pit the winners against each other.

That depends on how assassinations are defined. By ending with a memory corridor? (I think that's the fairest way) Then AC1 has got 11 (there are 10 targets, but one time we hunt Robert it's a decoy). AC2 has got 15 not counting Savanarola's 9 lieutenants (you may say that DLC do not count, but Sequence 12 and Sequence 13 are, well, numbered sequences that are MISSING from the console version and are there from the get go on PC, I say they count). Should be easier with other games.

You may define it with a more mission-type based approach (i.e. the style of the mission and assassination, the more 'approach/kill/run away' type), but then it eliminates from AC1, for example, things like Talal and Robert and Al Mualim, something people may like a lot.

SixKeys
05-19-2014, 08:33 PM
That depends on how assassinations are defined. By ending with a memory corridor? Then AC1 has got 11 (there are 10 targets, but one time we hunt Robert it's a decoy). AC2 has got 15 not counting Savanarola's 9 lieutenants (you may say that DLC do not count, but Sequence 12 and Sequence 13 are, well, numbered sequences that are MISSING from the console version and are there from the get go on PC, I say they count). Should be easier with other games.

True about AC2. I don't think we should count Robert's assassination twice, since the only time we do it "properly" (investigations, sneaking, strategizing etc.) is the decoy. The second is just a big fight. In the same vein, I don't think the final fistfight with the Pope in AC2 counts, since a) we don't actually kill him and b) the final fight is not really an assassination mission as much as getting inside the Vatican is.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:35 PM
It's not a big fight if you instantly counter him when he drives towards you. ;)

Jexx21
05-19-2014, 08:35 PM
You may have to group some Asassinations together

Like, for AC2, why not just group that one set of four assassinations together? The ones that (I think) all take place in San Gimignano.

For AC1, don't count Robert's actual assassination, since that wasn't an assassination mission rather just a duel with Robert. On the same lines, don't count Al Mualim either. I mean, unless you think those are important, but I was mostly talking about the "sandbox" assassinations.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Why don't we do best boss fights? :rolleyes:

SixKeys
05-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Why don't we do best boss fights? :rolleyes:

By process of elimination all of them would get voted out. :p

frodrigues55
05-19-2014, 10:49 PM
So, how you guys think a favorite assassination mission should go? Interesting ideas so far, if we can settle on a method, that would be very helpful!

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-19-2014, 10:51 PM
So, how you guys think a favorite assassination mission should go? Interesting ideas so far, if we can settle on a method, that would be very helpful!

Well, since theres a limit on the poll options, maybe you can group them by sequences?

And maybe afterwards you can have a poll for worst/favorite Templar? lol

frodrigues55
05-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Well, since theres a limit on the poll options, maybe you can group them by sequences?

And maybe afterwards you can have a poll for worst/favorite Templar? lol

OMG I can see how developers must feel when people are talking about the next AC setting right after the new one was annouced!! :o

- Edit: What do you guys think of Favorite Supporting Character? :o

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-19-2014, 11:19 PM
OMG I can see how developers must feel when people are talking about the next AC setting right after the new one was annouced!! :o

- Edit: What do you guys think of Favorite Supporting Character? :o

Hmm, that'll be tough and interesting!

Farlander1991
05-20-2014, 07:27 AM
In the same vein, I don't think the final fistfight with the Pope in AC2 counts, since a) we don't actually kill him and b) the final fight is not really an assassination mission as much as getting inside the Vatican is.

Well, it's not like the pope fist fight is in a different mission ;) We infiltrate the Vatican and get to the pope as part of the same assassination mission (and heck, we even have a traditional assassination before getting into the boss fight).

But there are still 'logistical' problems as to consider what is a 'legible' assassination mission. Is killing Carlo Grimaldi an assassination mission? It's unlike any AC1 assassination at all (in Talal assassination we AT LEAST get to sneak to the target's location before it goes into a fight and a chase, while in AC2 Grimaldi we fly through Venice). Do we consider killing Leandros in ACR an assassination mission? The assassination itself is just make a few steps (I don't remember if we have our hidden gun then) and kill (Leandros doesn't try to run away or fight or anything), but we get a stealth section while getting close to the target. Is Black Bart from AC4 an assassination mission or a boss fight? I mean, we can kill him from the mast without ever getting into a fight on the deck. And we can approach him stealthily in the camp (until a certain point when we get to a huge chase). I don't know if I'd vote for that mission, but I think it's awesome and wouldn't want to see it outside of the poll.

With the exception of the last two assassinations, the AC1 assassinations follow the same principle of 'approach/kill/escape' (even if the target notices us like Talal or Robert's Decoy). But since then the nature of the three steps either varies a lot or is changed somewhat. Killing Dante and Silvio - it's a battle around the city + chase the targets (so, technically 'approach/kill', but very different from how AC1 did things). Does it count?

If it does, then Haytham's assassination/boss battle mission is also valid. It is preceded by a lengthy stealthy (well, possibly stealthy) approach section, so it's still technically an 'approach/kill' type of thing.

I think the selection should be target-based rather than mission-style based, it's fairer that way, and also easier and we won't have to discuss 'what an assassination mission is exactly'. Like, that Meat Cleaver multiplayer character dude we kill in the second sequence of ACB (with a memory corridor and everything) - he's really just an introduction to the plight of Rome and the secondary Templar agents missions where we kill those multiplayer characters, don't think it should count even though it's on the main path.

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 01:05 PM
How about we only count assassinations that have a stealth/investigation section attached? It might not be entirely fair since there are assassinations that are basically just boss fights with no pre-planning, but at least we would have a selection to choose from.