PDA

View Full Version : 10 ubisoft studios developing assassin's creed unity

prince162010
05-15-2014, 07:23 PM
**10 UBISOFT STUDIOS DEVELOPING ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY**

127 Publisher plans to release franchises "more regularly."
Assassin's Creed Unity is in development at 10 different Ubisoft studios across the world.

Ubisoft Montreal leads the project, with the Toronto, Kiev, Singapore, Shanghai, Annecy, Montpellier, Bucharest, Quebec, and Chengdu studios contributing.

Ubisoft operates 26 studios across the world and employs more than 8,000 developers.

These creators, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot says, "will allow us to come with an enhanced pipeline of increasingly high quality franchises and new IPs. We will be able to release our franchises more and more regularly, providing solid visibility on our future revenue and profitability streams."

Unity is an Xbox One, PS4, and PC sequel set in France, and is rumored to feature four-player co-op.

Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/10-ubisoft-studios-developing-assassins-creed-unity

jayjay275
05-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Better be good then.

pacmanate
05-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Which means nothing

Kirokill
05-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Better be less buggy then too.

SixKeys
05-15-2014, 07:42 PM
These creators, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot says, "will allow us to come with an enhanced pipeline of increasingly high quality franchises and new IPs. We will be able to release our franchises more and more regularly, providing solid visibility on our future revenue and profitability streams."

Good Lord, this couldn't sound more like corporate-speak if they tried. The emphasis is entirely on profitability, not consumer enjoyment. They didn't even try for anything like "we look forward to bringing new, exciting and fun experiences for the fans who support our games". No, it's all "solid visibility" and "future revenue" and "profitability streams".

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:01 PM
I thought Toronto was heading Unity? O.o

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Ugh, they should just split the AC series like this:

Assassin games every other year
Templar games every other year

Templar games have different combat mechanics and tools, and are linear with a central hub from which you choose missions from (think Splinter Cell: Blacklist), providing them an opportunity to put more focus on individual historical buildings as well as a more history-focused story. Templar games would still have parkour but it shouldn't be to the same extent as the Assassins.

Megas_Doux
05-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Good Lord, this couldn't sound more like corporate-speak if they tried. The emphasis is entirely on profitability, not consumer enjoyment. They didn't even try for anything like "we look forward to bringing new, exciting and fun experiences for the fans who support our games". No, it's all "solid visibility" and "future revenue" and "profitability streams".

I swear I heard this voice while I read that paragraph.....

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110227034519/thatguywiththeglasses/images/3/31/Corporate_Commander.jpg

Sushiglutton
05-15-2014, 08:15 PM
They won't quit until they have taken over the entire world Mwa-haha-hahaaaaah!

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Then this better be on immaculate game. It would be a shame to let this kind of historical event be overhyped and underachieving.

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
more studios actually means development is more hectic.

I'm actually less confident of a game the more people they have working on it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-15-2014, 08:31 PM
more studios actually means development is more hectic.

I'm actually less confident of a game the more people they have working on it.

That may be, but it might prevent some glitches or bugs getting through that the first few sets of eyes didn't catch during testing/development.

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:35 PM
That may be, but it might prevent some glitches or bugs getting through that the first few sets of eyes didn't catch during testing/development.
the different studios are usually focused on certain aspects of gameplay or certain mission lines. The QA for the entire game isn't really going down a line of studios, the studios are just most likely going to do the QA for what they develop themselves.

and bugs never tend to bug me anyway. unless they're in real life. then bugs terrify me.

ze_topazio
05-15-2014, 08:35 PM
That's a lot of studios.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-15-2014, 08:41 PM
the different studios are usually focused on certain aspects of gameplay or certain mission lines. The QA for the entire game isn't really going down a line of studios, the studios are just most likely going to do the QA for what they develop themselves.

and bugs never tend to bug me anyway. unless they're in real life. then bugs terrify me.

Lol, but got you a point, I just hope they don't do another AC3 >_<

SixKeys
05-15-2014, 08:42 PM

Oh yeah, like AC3 which was developed by 8 studios and didn't have any bugs. :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
05-15-2014, 08:42 PM

Minor bugs and glitches are not a problem. The ones in AC3 were terrible.

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:46 PM
I didn't experience many bugs at all in AC3, so I disagree with you..

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah, like AC3 which was developed by 8 studios and didn't have any bugs. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that AC3 had 8 studios working on them lol, but in general hopefully it's a major improvement.

Thats probably because I had an xBox360 lol; I read those console owners took most of the glitch damage over PC and PS3 players.

Hans684
05-15-2014, 08:49 PM
**10 UBISOFT STUDIOS DEVELOPING ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY**

Good ol Ubi.

127 Publisher plans to release franchises "more regularly."

As long as their good there's no problem.

Ubisoft Montreal leads the project.

They always do.

With the Toronto.

So is this the AC Jade was working on?

Singapore

Now I expect Naval in Unity, Singapore is the studio who made it.

Nothing bad with hight quality and new IPs but I'm a little worried about their plan on releasing more and more franchises regularly.

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Like I said, just split AC into two game lines under the same franchise.

Assassin's Creed, open-world adventure romps
<title related to Templar's that doesn't sound stupid>, linear adventure romps

GunnerGalactico
05-15-2014, 08:55 PM

So you didn't see weird stuff like: people walking through walls, guards being still in one place and Connor's weird hairstyle?

You must have a very good copy of the game then.

Thats probably because I had an xBox360 lol; I read those console owners took most of the glitch damage over PC and PS3 players.

I experienced glitches on the P3 version too.

Hans684
05-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Like I said, just split AC into two game lines under the same franchise.

Assassin's Creed, open-world adventure romps
<title related to Templar's that doesn't sound stupid>, linear adventure romps

Good idea and it represent both orders while being different fro each other.

dxsxhxcx
05-15-2014, 09:03 PM

I don't know why you seem surprised...

Jexx21
05-15-2014, 09:26 PM
So you didn't see weird stuff like: people walking through walls, guards being still in one place and Connor's weird hairstyle?

You must have a very good copy of the game then.

never experienced that. I liked the mohawk as well.

And no, I don't have a good copy of the game, it's just that the different variables on my set-up didn't interfere with the game's code.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-15-2014, 09:48 PM
SO EXCITED!
This is what I said on a previous post.. the AC team isnt strict.. it has dev teams coming in and out like waves that can either be good (hopefully unity) or bad (AC 4)
The amount of people on the team isnt what gets me excited.. its teh amount of minds and cultures that gets me excited!

oliacr
05-15-2014, 09:49 PM
come on

prince162010
05-16-2014, 01:52 AM
SO EXCITED!
This is what I said on a previous post.. the AC team isnt strict.. it has dev teams coming in and out like waves that can either be good (hopefully unity) or bad (AC 4)
The amount of people on the team isnt what gets me excited.. its teh amount of minds and cultures that gets me excited!

you've got the right point ;)

ACfan443
05-16-2014, 02:06 AM
I hope this doesn't mean history will repeat itself with another case of 'too many cooks spoil the broth'.

I mean come on, 10 studios? That seems ludicrously excessive. Some of the best games with a level of refinement and quality usually unseen in most rapidly churned out triple A titles are developed by far fewer studios with smaller, dedicated teams, more doesn't necessarily mean better. I just hope that with all the studios and resources that have been allocated to the game, Unity proves to be solid and cohesive, and not a disjointed, unpolished mess.

I'm not particularly excited by this news, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Wolfmeister1010
05-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Anyone noticed that all other Ubi games/franchises have dynamic encounter systems, and even boast about them in trailers..while AC STILL doesn't even though the AC fans want it most? Nope, all we get are finitely occurring "rescue" missions and couriers..

Jexx21
05-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Far Cry 3 doesn't have dynamic encounter systems..

I think they're over-rated as they're generally boring crap.

Ureh
05-16-2014, 04:16 AM
"We will be able to release our franchises more and more regularly..."

That means twice a year per franchise right? or is there a third game we don't know about?! :O

The "more and more" part keeps echoing in my head in Yves voice!

STDlyMcStudpants
05-16-2014, 04:17 AM
"We will be able to release our franchises more and more regularly..."

That means twice a year per franchise right? or is there a third game we don't know about?! :O
i hope we get a new ac every month

Sushiglutton
05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Anyone noticed that all other Ubi games/franchises have dynamic encounter systems, and even boast about them in trailers..while AC STILL doesn't even though the AC fans want it most? Nope, all we get are finitely occurring "rescue" missions and couriers..

The buzz-word is "systemic gameplay" and AC4 has a lot of that. Basically it means having a bunch of systems (weather, ships forts, animals etc) that can interact with eachother to create unqiue and unexpected scenarios for the player. This was a huge success in FarCry 3. It's a bit different than mini-missions (like the courier) as it's not structured at all and there's no real succes state.

Personally I think this style of making OW games is cool and it somewhat negate the need for random events. I'm curious to see what Ubi does with it as they iterate on FC and AC. From Ubi's perspective it's great as it's a lot cheaper/hour entertainment (as they put it on one of their slides from yesterday's presentation).

However they still can't escape the fact that they must, must, must build stronger core mechanics for the content to be fun, no matter how they structure it!