PDA

View Full Version : Where is the modern scene going ?

Dead1y-Derri
05-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Hey so we obviously know in the next game Unity, we'll be in the French Revolution but where is the modern scene going? Last game it didn't leave too much clues about where the modern scene is going to go and if we'll have a new modern day assassin.

ze_topazio
05-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Flying tablet guy is now spying for the Assassins, he gets the info, shares it, Assassins on the outside kill Templars and retrieve pieces of eden.

IWGCJoeCool
05-15-2014, 01:57 AM
Flying tablet guy is now spying for the Assassins, he gets the info, shares it, Assassins on the outside kill Templars and retrieve pieces of eden.

and dont forget, IT "John" graciously injected him with the some cr@p, that an Abstergo employee told him was harmless. no matter that this employee seems to be not part of any conspiracy, cuz we know people we trust never turn out to be "bad".

dxsxhxcx
05-15-2014, 04:04 AM
I believe someone from Ubisoft has said that we wouldn't be going to Abstergo Entertainment again in the next game, so we'll probably play a new role as a different device (a flying smartphone maybe?) because there's no justification for the same flying tablet to remain in the story because the device itself and the (extra) information it gathered was irrelevant to the big picture.

IMO we'll probably play the role of someone from Gavin's team (the "spy" maybe) in order to try to make the gap between the game and the ongoing development of the modern story outside of it smaller and make the unaware player be aware that there's a story happening in the modern days.

Shahkulu101
05-15-2014, 04:07 AM
I want to play as a floating PC or smart tv

Ureh
05-15-2014, 04:11 AM
Eventually escape Abstergo (like Desmond!). Meet up with Will and the gang. Then 1st person parkour missions. Eventually winding up to the assassination of Laetitia in her secret lair. :D

dxsxhxcx
05-15-2014, 04:38 AM
Eventually escape Abstergo (like Desmond!). Meet up with Will and the gang. Then 1st person parkour missions. Eventually winding up to the assassination of Laetitia in her secret lair. :D

at the end of AC4 I had the impression the character I was controlling was free to go anywhere what kinda defeats the purpose of an escape and if they didn't have time to work in the modern days before, I doubt the current style will make easier for them to implement these parkour missions, the best you can expect from it IMO is a failproof scenario where you stab someone (what will be weird because we don't have hands... or a body... :p).

itsamea-mario
05-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Nowhere.

Hassassiyin
05-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Honestly, I hope they ditch the "You are the main character" thing, its one of the lamest things ever.
When they announced their plans for the modern day story in AC4, in my head I was already screaming "NOOOOOO!!!!!".
Why the hell would you have first person camera segments in an Assassins Creed game, didnt they learn anything from AC: Revelations?
Walking around with a tablet, with no dialogues, no character with a background and no character model to see (there goes freerunning.. and no I hated Mirrors Edge's freerunning).
Not much is possible when going into that direction.

I never hated the modern day segments before.
Desmond was fun. He had an identity, story, dialogues, goals, he made progress over the years and I always curious to see what would happen next.
I LOVED the modern day sequences from AC3, the modern day segments from AC4 were a HUGE step backwards in my opinion.
I feel like they let go of Desmond too soon and have no (good) idea what to do next.
I hope they kill "us" off. My biggest wish would be to see a Desmond Miles clone but that definetely wont happen, he's done.
Introduce Subject 18/19 whatever, or bring in a Michael Fassbender character to tie in with the movie.

Just dont continue the story of the current modern day "character".

RinoTheBouncer
05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
They really need to think twice about the “you is the main character”. I’m a guy and I feel more like me playing Tomb Raider as Lara Croft than I feel like I’m me playing ACIV modern day. The need to stop half-a**ing the modern day for the sake of bringing new fans. The game always had modern day and it should always day. ACII, AC:B, and ACIII had great modern day that needs just a few tweaks to work, they need to make it work instead of making it an embarrassing version of it’s former self.

Hans684
05-15-2014, 08:31 PM
It evolveing. Give it time.

Ureh
05-16-2014, 04:52 AM
at the end of AC4 I had the impression the character I was controlling was free to go anywhere what kinda defeats the purpose of an escape and if they didn't have time to work in the modern days before, I doubt the current style will make easier for them to implement these parkour missions, the best you can expect from it IMO is a failproof scenario where you stab someone (what will be weird because we don't have hands... or a body... :p).

Hmmmm! :o Ok how about another sage is working inside Abstergo Entertainment and he wants to avenge the death of his twin?! He reveals the secret footage of you hacking the computers, forcing you to flee. Hastings bursts into your cubicle and he's like, "Aw, heck, we've gotta get out of here. Like... now! Chop chop!" And also Ubi starts hiring ex-Mirror's Edge developers, since they know how to implement 1st person parkour in a matter of weeks. :P Mission complete!

oliacr
05-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Same as AC4.

MrHandsss
05-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Honestly, I hope they ditch the "You are the main character" thing, its one of the lamest things ever.
When they announced their plans for the modern day story in AC4, in my head I was already screaming "NOOOOOO!!!!!".
Why the hell would you have first person camera segments in an Assassins Creed game, didnt they learn anything from AC: Revelations?
Walking around with a tablet, with no dialogues, no character with a background and no character model to see (there goes freerunning.. and no I hated Mirrors Edge's freerunning).
Not much is possible when going into that direction.

I never hated the modern day segments before.
Desmond was fun. He had an identity, story, dialogues, goals, he made progress over the years and I always curious to see what would happen next.
I LOVED the modern day sequences from AC3, the modern day segments from AC4 were a HUGE step backwards in my opinion.
I feel like they let go of Desmond too soon and have no (good) idea what to do next.
I hope they kill "us" off. My biggest wish would be to see a Desmond Miles clone but that definetely wont happen, he's done.
Introduce Subject 18/19 whatever, or bring in a Michael Fassbender character to tie in with the movie.

Just dont continue the story of the current modern day "character".

oh my ****ing god, yes. THIS

to hell with games trying to say "this is YOU". it's just lazy storytelling and it doesn't work. I want to play as someone else. Someone with a face and a voice and a story. Many hated Desmond, but not me. I acknowledge that present day NEEDS to be in Assassins Creed to hold everything together, but they need to not screw it up. They already killed Desmond for some stupid reason, now they need to either ditch "you" or make "you" evolve into their own character. maybe have him talk about their experiences from the last game and then this one begins with them sabotaging Abstergo somehow to shut off their access to Desmond's DNA memories somehow. Make it so he's now the only one in the world who can relive those memories. then, have him escape with Shaun and Rebecca's help.

Just something. Anything more than making us a faceless, voiceless, avatar so people can awkwardly stumble around the world in 1st person trying to pretend this is them and not someone else.

RinoTheBouncer
05-18-2014, 09:37 AM
oh my ****ing god, yes. THIS

to hell with games trying to say "this is YOU". it's just lazy storytelling and it doesn't work. I want to play as someone else. Someone with a face and a voice and a story. Many hated Desmond, but not me. I acknowledge that present day NEEDS to be in Assassins Creed to hold everything together, but they need to not screw it up. They already killed Desmond for some stupid reason, now they need to either ditch "you" or make "you" evolve into their own character. maybe have him talk about their experiences from the last game and then this one begins with them sabotaging Abstergo somehow to shut off their access to Desmond's DNA memories somehow. Make it so he's now the only one in the world who can relive those memories. then, have him escape with Shaun and Rebecca's help.

Just something. Anything more than making us a faceless, voiceless, avatar so people can awkwardly stumble around the world in 1st person trying to pretend this is them and not someone else.

I give you and the one you quoted a medal!

Really, I’m sick of the idea of being “me” in the game. I feel more like me playing as Lara Croft and I’m a guy, than playing as me in ACIV when I’m told to be me. It just doesn’t feel convincing. You wanna put me in the game? create some state-of-the-art camera that I link to my PS4 and it renders me and puts me in the game. Ok, I know that’s not gonna happen, not 10 years from now, so dear Ubisoft, let it go, hire some good writers, directors, 3D artists and voice actors, specify a better budget for your flagship title, give it time and create something worthy of fans respect.

I LOVE the modern day segments starring Desmond and I honestly prefer them overt anything in the games. It was always a great moment when we got out of the Animus and discussed what we learned from there or acted according to what we’ve discovered in the historical story. But removing all that and turning it to a faceless and voiceless floating iPad, no that’s really cheap. The great thing about games is that they’re coming closer to movies in their realism and remaining more interesting because they make us control them and that’s how they suck us into their world but I wouldn’t be interested in a First Person movie or game where I’m told to think this is me.

Mirror’s Edge was good but that’s a whole different type of game. Turning AC into that is cheap. Besides, how hard is it to create a 3D character especially that you’ve created the cheaply made modern day Abstergo employees?

Please Ubisoft, modern day is a pivotal part of the franchise and it was there since day one, so please let it rise from the ashes that you’ve thrown it into in ACIV.

IWGCJoeCool
05-19-2014, 02:27 AM
I want to play as a floating PC or smart tv

and uses Kevin Spacey's voice.

Hans684
05-19-2014, 05:16 AM
and uses Kevin Spacey's voice.

With an Eminem rap for the game.

JustPlainQuirky
05-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Kinda bummed it's not going anywhere. I doubt we'll even fight Juno in this game. Lucky if we fight her in the next game too....

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Kinda bummed it's not going anywhere. I doubt we'll even fight Juno in this game. Lucky if we fight her in the next game too....

True, and even if we do fight, how the heck can be beat her?

Only thing I can think of is she's suddenly gives us her attempt to control humanity and decides on another project?

Maybe she's just around to tease our attempts to take her down if we confront her?

...Maybe a personification of Ubisoft? :p

Ureh
05-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Easy. Let Minerva possess one of us, then equip all of the PoEs. Then we become omnipotent. :)

thefreeman28989
05-19-2014, 06:28 PM
I didn't necessarily hate the first person POV from ACIV's modern day, but I do miss playing AS someone. I've always thought the modern day storyline from AC was one of it's strongest points because it already made me feel like I was a part of that world even while playing as Desmond. The floating tablet was cool for a while and I enjoyed hacking all the computers and finding all the sticky notes but the whole time I was expecting a Mass Effect/ Dragon Age dialogue wheel to pop up. But alas we remained silent. The whole Otso Berg rumor a while back would have been cool to see come to light and you actual play as someone new instead of the tablet guy but over all I was too into the story to notice until much later that I wasn't a huge fan of it. I just imagine free running in the modern day scaling buildings *drools*. I honestly thought that's where the series was headed after ACIII until they announced the tablet guy. All I can say is I can't wait to see what happens next :)

Hans684
05-19-2014, 06:49 PM
A few questions for the thread question, where do you want it to go? I could ask why do anyone feel it isn't going anywhere? But the awnser to that is nothing but a flying tablet in most peoples eyes and not an awnser about the story itself. Is there something "epic" missing, a protagonist, more MD missions, end the Juno plot with BF just couse, What is it? Do you want "epic" missions? End all Abstergo Industries and the Templars in one Christmas night, playing as Otso Berg hunting Assassins, playing as W.M in his fight, playing Joot Sora(comic protagonist(Brahman))? Or are you just bored by MD by now, to tires to even care, need for speed in the story and back to action?

GunnerGalactico
05-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Easy. Let Minerva possess one of us, then equip all of the PoEs. Then we become omnipotent. :)

You're though, POE's might give us a fighting chance. :D

thefreeman28989
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
A few questions for the thread question, where do you want it to go? I could ask why do anyone feel it isn't going anywhere? But the awnser to that is nothing but a flying tablet in most peoples eyes and not an awnser about the story itself. Is there something "epic" missing, a protagonist, more MD missions, end the Juno plot with BF just couse, What is it? Do you want "epic" missions? End all Abstergo Industries and the Templars in one Christmas night, playing as Otso Berg hunting Assassins, playing as W.M in his fight, playing Joot Sora(comic protagonist(Brahman))? Or are you just bored by MD by now, to tires to even care, need for speed in the story and back to action?

I personally would love it if we got a chance to delve deeper into the secret war between the two factions in the present. Sort of where we left off with Desmond. Now this is just my opinion but, to me, it looks like the story is headed to a place where this Abstergo Entertainment employee we play as becomes someone important and we eventually get into the conflict more openly. And on the other hand we could see more covert missions with the Assassin's infiltrating Abstergo Entertainment or Industries (helping Sean & Rebecca) and we're at the forefront of it. I can't speak for anyone else but I am most definitely not bored with the Modern Day. It's one of the main reasons why I love this series so much.

lothario-da-be
05-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Darby already said we won't see 3rd person modern day soon, so its dead for me. AC4's modern day was just 1 big easter egg for the fans, I don't see how they can make it relevant again while staying 1st person. Maybe Unity or Comet will surprise us, but I am not hoping for anything.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Darby already said we won't see 3rd person modern day soon, so its dead for me. AC4's modern day was just 1 big easter egg for the fans, I don't see how they can make it relevant again while staying 1st person. Maybe Unity or Comet will surprise us, but I am not hoping for anything.

No it wasn't there were major plot developments

- Sage
- New faction - Instruments of the First Will
- Juno intends to find a host to regain her strength

lothario-da-be
05-19-2014, 08:35 PM
No it wasn't there were major plot developments

- Sage
- New faction - Instruments of the First Will
- Juno intends to find a host to regain her strength
I can agree with that, but the actual plot content was reduced to like 5 min. What happend in ac4's modern day is so minimal that it doesn't even feel important anymore. You can tell someone what happend in like 5 sentences.

Shahkulu101
05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I can agree with that, but the actual plot content was reduced to like 5 min. What happend in ac4's modern day is so minimal that it doesn't even feel important anymore. You can tell someone what happend in like 5 sentences.

Probably more modern day screen-time than AC2 and definitely more than ACR's...

Hassassiyin
05-20-2014, 12:13 AM

Ive got a few suggestions:
Bring in Michael Fassbender to play as the new modern day character.
Perhaps as Subject 18 or a new assassin recruit
(Doesnt anyone want to see modern day assassin HQ?).
Like Desmond, he has a unusually high amount of TWCB genes.
Juno must be stopped and the key to that is locked in his DNA, if they fail
something terrible is gonna happen to mankind
(just like the 2012 event).
I think this would be a great way to have the futuring games tie in
with the movie, instead of him going "Hurr duurr me iz
Dezmond nd dis iz ma story".

Or

Instead of having a modern day character in the present, have us play as a character of Those Who Came Before,
Juno, Minerva and others could look into the future and see what was gonna happen, based on calculations right?
Someone who actually anticipated Juno's actions in the present.
But as this would be a character from a looonnggg time ago, there would be no Animus but instead the character
would have to use the Nexus of Time thing, there would be alternate timelines/possibilities and plotholes.
Im only suggesting this for the sake of connecting all the protagonists in a new way.

or

Have Ubisoft implement both of these 2 ideas.
Michael Fassbender character is a sage (is there only 1 or possibly more?),
who has done his part as a TWCB character,
who anticipated the actions of Desmond (who was not willing to take the
option which Minerva gave him and unwillingy helped Juno),
who layed out a path for himself in the future/present to stop Juno.
He doesnt know all of this yet and finds out more about
himself over the course of futuring games.
This way, the modern day story (not the character) of AC4 wouldve had some
contribution to the franchise and its future instead of entirely ditching and ignoring it, which I wouldnt mind really.