PDA

View Full Version : How many of you want to play with the flying machine of AC2 again?

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
05-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Good morning guys: I have a question for you.
How many of you want to play with the flying machine of AC2 but in new games? ACUnity for example, new control scheme, fly over Paris, enjoy the view, just imagine that...

Dev_Anj
05-14-2014, 09:55 AM
I suppose you could have it for a few trips. No main missions around it though, and hopefully no side missions either.

Locopells
05-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Sure, make it an optional objective reward or something! Or something like it's cameo in ACIII.

oliacr
05-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Why not? Flying over a city is always nice.

LoyalACFan
05-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Maybe as an Easter egg, but no more than that.

Megas_Doux
05-14-2014, 02:03 PM

This!

I-Like-Pie45
05-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Meow wonder what the point of that would be other than nostalgia satisfying

Locopells
05-14-2014, 03:27 PM
That kinda would be the point, meow!

GunnerGalactico
05-14-2014, 03:40 PM

I second this.

SixKeys
05-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Nah. Never cared for it, and the Easter egg in AC3 was stupid. I'd rather not see that thing again.

marvelfannumber
05-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Well I would not like the exact same flying machine, but I would like to fly something similar, like a hot air baloon (which were recently invented in the time of AC unity). So sure I would be up for some flying, but with a slight twist.

Still not on my wishlist for future games though.

Shahkulu101
05-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Nah. Never cared for it, and the Easter egg in AC3 was stupid. I'd rather not see that thing again.

Yeah I got totally trolled with that, I was so looking forward to flying again - then that happened. :(

Anyway @OP it was cool and all but there is no need for it to be there really. Been there, done that - in 2 games in fact.

ze_topazio
05-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Flying over Paris would be quite pleasant.

Shahkulu101
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Flying over Paris would be quite pleasant.

A hot air balloon would be more accurate and in my opinion more cool. How do you think a hot air balloon, or any form of air travel for that matter, would fit into the mechanics and story?

ze_topazio
05-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Thanks to the pieces of eden prediction powers, they could even include a jet plane if they wanted.

regarding hot air ballons, you can read this, the first paragraph at least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_air_balloon

It would fit perfectly

GunnerGalactico
05-15-2014, 01:48 PM
A hot air balloon would be more accurate and in my opinion more cool. How do you think a hot air balloon, or any form of air travel for that matter, would fit into the mechanics and story?

That's an even better idea :)

AssassinHMS
05-15-2014, 02:19 PM
I don't see any good reason to force its inclusion in new games.

I also don't understand why you would compare the addition of the flying machine with improved parkour (one or the other). It's not like they're on the same level (or even close).

SixKeys
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't see any good reason to force its inclusion in new games.

I also don't understand why you would compare the addition of the flying machine with improved parkour (one or the other). It's not like they're on the same level (or even close).

They're both forms of navigation - and navigation, not parkour, is one of the three main pillars of AC. Hence the connection.

AssassinHMS
05-15-2014, 10:28 PM
They're both forms of navigation - and navigation, not parkour, is one of the three main pillars of AC. Hence the connection.

I guess so. Still, two forms of navigation, one that you execute in one or two missions in the whole game and another that you use most of the time. Try removing parkour from AC and then do the same for the flying machine. The flying machine's purpose is to add a little variation to the missions, parkour on the other hand is an important gameplay element. Notice that I consider some of Altair's moves back in AC1 as parkour and not just AC3's new vauling animations.