PDA

View Full Version : How would you have reacted if AC 4 came out after AC 1?

Dev_Anj
05-13-2014, 01:24 PM
The year is 2009. AC 1 came and left, with a very mixed reception. So far, they have been hyping up AC 4, showing how they have removed the repetitive mission structure, and "improved" on some of the mechanics. They also have been demoing off the naval combat and sailing system, while showcasing a brand new environment, the Caribbean.

Under these circumstances, how would you have reacted to AC 4? Would you have praised it, or dismissed it by calling it "Pirates' Creed"? Tell me please.

Markaccus
05-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Interesting question. The games are so far different from each other, i suppose i would have wondered how we got from Assassins to pirates. There is not even any Desmond to link them, appart from his post-mortem reference. I do not think it would have been as enjoyable, simply because the improvements and evolution of the game across all the titles has been essential in keeping the franchise fresh over the years. (i think so anyway) :D

Just to nit-pick.... AC1 came out in 2007. AC2 was in 2009, and it has been anual ever since.

Locopells
05-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Given I only got into AC when I read about II, and went back to I to recap, I dunno...

Megas_Doux
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Interesting!!!!

Gameplay wise:

I LOVED AC I!!!!! However, back in day I hated its next to nothing side/extra content, a cardinal sin in these kind of game. Now since AC IV has almost the same amount of liberty in terms of the assassinations, and it has tons side content, some of it which is REALLY good. In this alternate universe I would say : Very good, I love it!!!!!!

Story wise:

Not bad, but its predecessor was much better.

lothario-da-be
05-13-2014, 04:14 PM
gamplay wise: AWESOME
story wise: HUH?

I-Like-Pie45
05-13-2014, 05:10 PM
BETRAYAL!!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaGJRV-whU)

viewer discretion is advised

dxsxhxcx
05-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Pirate's Creed..

SixKeys
05-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Interesting question.

I would have been blown away by the jungle graphics, while at the same time wondering why they ditched the atmospheric washed-out feel of AC1. I would have been confused what happened to the intriguing story of Desmond and why that was replaced with a first-person view as some random Abstergo employee, and why we suddenly had stupid sci-fi crap like Juno thrown in. (Since this would have been our first exposure to TWCB.) I would have loved the wealth of "new" side content like assassination contracts, outfits and upgrading my home base. I think I would have found naval warfare confusing and a radical departure from the first game - perhaps too radical.

Visually the game would have been mesmerizing, but I think I would miss the story started in the first game, the atmosphere, the philosophical ponderings and simplicity. Pretty much exactly how I felt when AC2 came out, come to think of it.

RinoTheBouncer
05-14-2014, 08:47 AM
I might have not gotten so interested in the series cause when I played AC1, I felt so bored because of the repetitive nature of the missions, but I did love the story and felt so interested. Yet ACII brought me back to the series, AC:B kept me hanging and AC:R made me an official AC-maniac.