PDA

View Full Version : Looking for female let's players (spoiler from the console games)

zhengyingli
05-12-2014, 07:04 AM
To understand my interesting mindset:

Just finished with Black Flag and was totally unexpected to be handed with such a bittersweet ending, and totally worked for me. A thought was racing in my head: Altiar's body in the library, Ezio passing on the message to Desmond, Connor pulling the hatchet and now Edward imagining his dead pirate friends, I was hyped by the trend of ditching purely WTF endings that left the assassins hanging at the end of AC-ACB in favor of subtly emotional ones.

With such hype, I checked out numerous let's players' playthroughs to see how they reacted to the ending of BF, and ended up disappointed. Many just rambled on and started to repeat the word "What!?" as soon as Jenny showed up at Great Inagua instead of picking up nuances that easily explained the scene; Anne Bonny talking about Edward being a father and such, or that Edward could've had other children besides Haytham. Some became confused that Haytham's allegiance to the Templars wasn't explained at the end, as if that's remotely an important point that the game needed to address.

Regardless of the fact that some LPers eventually understood the Great Inagua scene after Jenny's conversation with Edward despite the conversation with Anne could've easily explained it, their constant "What!? It makes no sense!" blabbering totally killed the mood for themselves. One youtuber, though, was in tears from the moment Edward looked at his imaginary dead friends to the Kenway family shot at the theater, and that youtuber happens to be a girl and to the best of my knowledge, the only female who let's played Black Flag.

On topic, finally:

Has anyone found any female let's player played or currently playing Black Flag on youtube? Actually, let me be non-discriminatory; has anyone found any let's player who reacted to the ending with any hint of awe? I'm a dude. Though I didn't tear up, surely I can't be the only dude who got a bit of feels live without viewing the ending in retrospect.

Dev_Anj
05-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Not everybody has to feel the same way you do for a scene.

But most let's players are bad at actually respecting, maintaining, and more importantly enhancing the atmosphere of the game. I'm very sorry, but I haven't found a good let's play of Black Flag, whether it be a man or woman playing. Best of luck, keep trying!

SixKeys
05-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Not sure what your post has to do with female LP'ers. I don't see how gender has anything to do with how different people react to games.

zhengyingli
05-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Not everybody has to feel the same way you do for a scene.
They're allowed to say whatever they want, just a little bored with everyone sharing the same reaction. I'd be bored if every LP reflects my opinion, too. In terms of quality commentary, I've actually found some with lesser known youtubers, though they usually never finish their lp.

Not sure what your post has to do with female LP'ers. I don't see how gender has anything to do with how different people react to games.

You can pretty much ignore anything before "On topic, finally:" as that section served as background info for the last paragraph. My post was simply asking for anyone who has spotted the very few Black Flag LPs that were done by females, not their reaction to the game. My nit-pick about the intrusive nature of the commentaries was about my indifference towards the mainstream LP'ers as a whole.

Locopells
05-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Always gets me, I have to say.

Shahkulu101
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM

Uhh..duh girlz is more sensetives evry1 noes tht

Locopells
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Dammit! I clicked that link twice before I realised it was spam...

Markaccus
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Dammit! I clicked that link twice before I realised it was spam...

Today there has been more spam here than a run-down motorway cafe

Locopells
05-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, but I should have recognised the signs, even if it was on topic...

Markaccus
05-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but I should have recognised the signs, even if it was on topic...

actually it was quite subtle, i only noticed it because i had spotted their previous post of "hello". Otherwise i may have joined you on the list of spam victims :D

Ureh
05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
I usually hover my mouse over the link text before clicking it. Usually it'll display the destination.

Kaschra
05-12-2014, 09:04 PM
To understand my interesting mindset:

Regardless of the fact that some LPers eventually understood the Great Inagua scene after Jenny's conversation with Edward despite the conversation with Anne could've easily explained it, their constant "What!? It makes no sense!" blabbering totally killed the mood for themselves.

What the-
Why the heck do they say it doesn't make sense? .__.

Sorry, I can't help you with your search, I don't watch any LPs. But I can imagine that the same reactions over and over again are pretty boring.

zhengyingli
05-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Today there has been more spam here than a run-down motorway cafe
Today? Today marks my return to the forums (probably only for a day, but still.) after so many months, and the spam bugs decide to be 10x hornier on this day? Oh, well.

What the-
Why the heck do they say it doesn't make sense? .__.

Given the nature of LP'ers rushing through the game only once, it's totally understandable if they managed to forget any dialogue, even if the dialogue happens to occur literally seconds before the scene I mentioned; some have short attention span, which is okay because it's just a game. Some of them did eventually understand after the credits, but the live reaction to the meeting between Jenny and Edward was what disappointed me a bit. I mean, a random little girl showing up immediately after Anne explicitly stated that Edward'll be a good father? That girl's unmistakably Edward's daughter. Mind you that I know jack squat about Forsaken, so one doesn't have to have read it to not be confused. At the end, it's just a nitpick. I'm just looking for interesting playthroughs, nothing more.:)

Black_Widow9
05-13-2014, 04:45 AM
So... I'm going to lock this.

If you want to know opinions regarding the game, you're going to need to ask generally speaking. Both sexes are more than welcome to reply and are capable of different layers of feelings and reactions.

Thanks