PDA

View Full Version : Gold medal un trebuchet

matthewwoodleaf
05-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Do you have any tips how to win the gold medal in the trebuchet race ? Impossible for me !!

Ch4er0n
05-11-2014, 10:52 PM
find a ghost on the leaderboards with a gold medal run and see what line they take

im gonna assume you are on the jackal, so upgrades should be pretty cheap. grab a few and it will be easier. really just understanding the line will give you better results though

BossmasterNick
05-19-2014, 06:26 AM
this one is pretty annoying, currently trying to platinum the same course.

getting the feel of the trebuchet down is the tough part, try landing on it differently, leaning forward, backward, using gas, not using gas etc. if you're only going for gold, you could consider restarting from checkpoint right as soon as you get the trebuchet checkpoint, i've found i can get a lot more distance that way.

jordanof83
06-17-2014, 08:57 PM
The actual trebuchet is the part I am having the most trouble with. I'm on the Mantis. If anyone has any tips on landing on, and then launching from the trebuchet in order to get over the next hill that would be awesome. I've already experimented a lot and haven't found anything that consistently gets me over that first hill.

xitooner
06-17-2014, 09:16 PM
You want a low jump off the Trebuchet; very low. Those ghosts should show you what I mean. Dont just land on the Trebuchet and hold still... land solid, and once it starts moving...start accelerating. You'll get the hang of it.

Ch4er0n
06-17-2014, 10:21 PM
you really dont need to get over the hill after the trebuchet fling for a fast run, landing softly on the uphill side and keeping as much momentum as possible is plenty fast for plat or any anba ghost you will be racing outside the top 15 or so

razbegin
04-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Hey guys this trebuchet makes me crazy!! Please help me to understand how to fly over the hill after the trebuchet!! I've run several top ghosts but I can't pickupthe correct taps :(

Smarnyan
04-05-2015, 10:14 AM
I originally did that with underpowered Marauder, or was going to do, because of the ghost missions... In the end I just waited until I have few upgrades until doing it. But still, putting enough runs to it will make it work... ^^

justinman114
04-05-2015, 03:52 PM
For the actual Trebuchet part at the beginning, it's hard to explain, but what I do is land on it after a low jump, hit the brakes a LITTLE as it starts up, and then quickly switch to gas as it is pushing you off. You should get just the right amount of launch to keep your speed and continue with the level. There are a few shortcuts near the end as well, one of which is very tough to hit with a low level Mantis (launching from the flimsy wooden bridge over the gap onto the plank).

Also worth noting that Platinum time and Gold time on that track are very close to each other. It's a tight time, makes slot machine quests very annoying sometimes!

IT-ElioC
04-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Try to break on the trebuchet ramp, and press the left balance arrow since the trebuchet has almost launched you, then release balance and accelerate. Try to keep momentum and not roteate randomly and here you go. If I'm wrong somebody tell me please (I'm still 794th on this track, EDIT: 692nd :D)