PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Hints and Easter Eggs in Watch dogs

projectpat06
05-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Do you think there will be AC Unity easter eggs, hints, and previews within Watch Dogs?

It's May, and we barely have any information or footage on this Fall's Assassin's Creed game. People have been curious as to why Ubisoft has not been as quick to draw back the curtain, but I think we may get footage and information via hacking in Watch Dogs in a similar fashion to Black Flag.

It is in the same universe after all. What do you think?

LoyalACFan
05-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Probably not, since W_D was supposed to come out basically concurrently with AC4. I definitely think there'll be AC4 Easter eggs (probably concerning Olivier since he was abducted/killed in Chicago) but no Unity stuff. At least, no more than perhaps a wry reference to Paris.

SixKeys
05-10-2014, 01:01 AM
According to the devs, they're not in the same universe, despite the Easter eggs in AC4.

Footage? Lol, in your dreams. Information? Unlikely, as that would date the game. The most we may get is an Easter egg making a reference to Abstergo, but nothing that will reveal anything about the plot.

Megas_Doux
05-10-2014, 03:35 AM
Kinda off topic, but since Unity was announced, I like to thing as this conversation between Ade and Edward:

Edward: Ah. But wouldn't you feel... I don't know... More welcome there?
Adéwalé: As you might feel more welcome in Paris?

As an Easter Egg :P

I-Like-Pie45
05-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Easter Egg =/= Shared Continuity Between Games

This isn't the Stephen King bibliography - the devs have explicitly stated that all WD stuff in AC4 was just easter eggs - besides if the latest WD trailer's easter egg is to believed, AC exists as video games in Watch Dogs so there's no way that they can be connected in universe

Locopells
05-10-2014, 06:26 PM
According to the devs, they're not in the same universe, despite the Easter eggs in AC4.

Not to mention one of the characters having Far Cry and AC games on their desk...

IWGCJoeCool
05-12-2014, 02:12 AM
yes, they are in the same universe, Watchdogs in the same world Abstergo makes video games, and Abstergo uses Blume tech for security.