PDA

View Full Version : Reality Problem

steel_blue_eagle
06-27-2004, 09:43 PM
When flying certain aircraft, some instruments are often obscured by the stick or other pit obstructions. In the IL-2 the heading indicator is hidden behind the protruding gunsight, in the I-16 it is hidden behind the stick unless you are in manuever requiring full left or right stick, not very practical just for the sake of checking a heading. In the realism the pits are modelled after, a pilot has some freedom of movement to peek around such obstructions, it is ridiculous that the cockpits are so accurate as to the position and perspective of the instruments that they become unreadable. Is there a way around this or do I have to resort to using the speed/alt/hdg bar to get my heading?

steel_blue_eagle
06-27-2004, 09:43 PM
When flying certain aircraft, some instruments are often obscured by the stick or other pit obstructions. In the IL-2 the heading indicator is hidden behind the protruding gunsight, in the I-16 it is hidden behind the stick unless you are in manuever requiring full left or right stick, not very practical just for the sake of checking a heading. In the realism the pits are modelled after, a pilot has some freedom of movement to peek around such obstructions, it is ridiculous that the cockpits are so accurate as to the position and perspective of the instruments that they become unreadable. Is there a way around this or do I have to resort to using the speed/alt/hdg bar to get my heading?

WTE_Galway
06-27-2004, 10:33 PM
shift F1 can help a littel .. but not much

Flying_Merkava
06-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Ironic, your topic answers your question.
This aint reality; touch your monitor...what do you feel? Yea, it's flat. Diiiiir

Slammin_
06-28-2004, 01:08 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif