PDA

View Full Version : Please stop making us play in your simulated real world. Please Please Please Stop

intelsuit
05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
This is the first time I have posted on the forums. Yes, I took the time to create a username and password, and wasted precious game time to post this message. :) I am not trying to be an internet troll. I love AC and all its versions and iterations. It is an amazing game with a lot of fun stuff to explore. So, please hear me out before you just dismiss this post because I am sure that I cannot be the only one who feels this way. Please stop taking me out of the Animus to do stupid little mundane tasks forced on me by a lame IT guy. I do not care about the real world. This is why I play the game. The real world part of the story is so uninteresting and dull and I almost stopped playing Black Flag because of this stupid story line in the real world. There are people out there that like and even love this part of the story. I personally hate it.:mad:
The Desmond story was interesting enough. I wanted to kill Lucy because she was so annoying. The British guy ranked a close second in being annoying as well. However, leaving the animus was an option in the story. Exploring the cavern was interesting and following the story of the people who came before caught my interest as well. However, this time you are forcing me out of the pirate fantasy to play a horrible graphic game of Frogger is not my idea of fun. If I wanted to play Frogger, I would play Frogger. Don't force me to play a stupid game to find some mystery that I really do not care about. Making me walk down hallways and pass by a cube farm of lame people is what I do every day. Don’t force me to do this in a game as well. Also, get rid of the elevator scene! Watching the sides of the elevator fly by just to go meet a thinner version of Lucy (worst character ever) the courier and the stupid British guy. What the crap is that? They have lame conversations and make stupid small talk. I do enough of this in the real world. Again, PLEASE Do not force me to do this in your simulated real world. It is just plain stupid and not fun. Make the real world a quick and I do mean quick part of the story or completely optional if people want that crap. Truthfully, if people really want that crap then get outside and go talk to people. Don’t force us to ‘play through’ mundane tasks that we have to do in the real world.
Thanks for making the game. Thanks for allowing me to play in your world. Stick to the fantasy and leave the simulated real world where it belongs in the real world.

As a side note, I played all the way through Far Cry 3 and loved the game. I never was pulled off the island to go figure out a puzzle or make some stupid delivery. Think about it.

DomdudeDaGreat
05-08-2014, 11:40 PM
As much as I agree with you, the real world sections are core to the series, without them the story would be pretty much a random mess.

xXCreepyB4byXx
05-09-2014, 01:39 AM
I totally agree with you. Not only are those cut scenes stupid, but the game is filled with mind numbingly long cut scenes filled with ... Nothing. Small talk and a history lesson. Thanks, but no thanks, Creed. Stop being so full of yourself because to a gamer, it looks like you're full of Sh*t. Unskippable, excruciating cut scene after bland, tasteless cutscene. Then there is the collecting bullsh*t ad nauseum. I just wanted to be a pirate for a while and somehow, this game failed to deliver. Be a badass pirate, but don't accidentally kill a cat. Whatever. This series has never quite been good, close, but no cigar, so much for multiculturalism.

unbelievable79
05-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Hmm... i hated the ships in AC3, of course i hated them here too...lol.. thats why i liked this "real world" scenes. I wanted to find out, what happened to Desmond, i liked the story with Elisabeth, even the end was disappointed. I started to play AC only because it has something to do with the history. It was interesting to see, how they took some history facts and gave them with just few details, more "color". Like a historical based novel, but more fun to read it.
I guess everyone here has other reasons, why we like AC. But for me it was definitely the fact, that AC isn t just a game, where i run and kill just so for fun, but because it is full with riddles and puzzles and history background. Here i must say, i miss the glyph riddles, i would like to have them back!

Ysanoire
05-10-2014, 01:21 AM
I hated the present day bits with a passion in AC1. They were so redundant, a story about maedieval assassins and templars would have been perfectly fine without it. I've since gotten used to it though. It binds the different ancestors together I guess.

IWGCJoeCool
05-12-2014, 02:06 AM
the modern day in AC1 was integral to the grand design of the game, but even there, i think, it was TOO simplistic. instead of getting rid of it, make it more integral...for instance, create some real play sequences in the modern day, letting the Animus Bleed Effect on the hero be part of what needs doing. maybe build it and let the modern day be the climax to the story. if anything in Black Flag failed, it was the modern end where our "hero" did nothing but lay there in a daze whilst the Abstergo cops came to the rescue...and a real rescue, cuz they werent after our hero at all.

NINJAman552
05-12-2014, 02:14 AM
I totally disagree, sure they can be mundane and could use some spicing up, but outside of the animus is what glues the story together. It's actually the REAL story line. Every new assassins creed that I play I always can't wait for them to pull me out of the animus.

monoman32
05-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Love it or hate it, the modern day story connects all of the games and assassins together. Without it the story would be incoherent and just a bunch of good stories with nothing to link them and give them meaning. Could Ubisoft of done a better job with it? Sure. Could they have made it more fun? Of course, but it's crucial to the story of each game. Beside in ACIV you're only outside the animus for probably 10 or 15 min at a time, honestly it's a little sad that you almost quit the game because you couldn't handle that.

Assassin_M
05-12-2014, 06:44 AM
They're only a few 10 minute interludes, jeez -_-

that said, I hope they don't ever listen to the people who complain about modern day...I liked the modern day in AC IV and I think it's a step in the right direction. nothing wrong with a little change of pace.

shobhit7777777
05-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Modern day needs to be put down...quietly

At the very least...let us completely skip it.

There should be an option at game start - "BS Mode off - Y/N"

zhengyingli
05-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Black Flag's take on modern day was fresh. Wouldn't mind seeing its return if they change it up once in a while. Those marketing analyses were entertaining.

LoyalACFan
05-12-2014, 09:03 AM
As much as I agree with you, the real world sections are core to the series, without them the story would be pretty much a random mess.

Lol, the modern stuff is WHY they story is a random mess... I supported keeping the modern bits up until AC4, but without an actual story or protagonist, it's a ****ing lost cause. The franchise would be much better off if they axed it completely.

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2014, 09:18 AM
I understand what you’re saying, my friend. ACIV made modern day a reductive version of it’s former self. So if you’re talking about ACIV, I completely agree with you. But I think I’d rather they change that to something like ACI to ACIII rather than completely obliterating it, because modern day is the most important part for me in AC games and I wouldn’t wanna see it go away.

Markaccus
05-12-2014, 09:38 AM
I understand the need for the odd modern day bit, but maybe a small explanation cutscene would do rather than turning a globe or "playing frogger" as the OP puts it. Some people are no good at mini-games, so potentially this could ruin the game for them if they cant progress, just because they keep hitting a moving red line.

Where-am-I-again
05-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I think the modern day story shouldn't hurt anyone, as mentioned it ties all the different assassins and events together. I really liked the turn the story took in AC4 (also, I can't describe my feelings when I saw certain old acquaintances go mole in Abstergo!)

But I more than agree that they should do away with the stupid minigames. Some of those "frogger" games were a pita.

Locopells
05-12-2014, 10:19 AM
That's a lotta hate...

All I'll say is, if the office I did a stint in had been like the ACIV modern day sections, I'd hardly complain...

LoyalACFan
05-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I understand what you’re saying, my friend. ACIV made modern day a reductive version of it’s former self. So if you’re talking about ACIV, I completely agree with you. But I think I’d rather they change that to something like ACI to ACIII rather than completely obliterating it, because modern day is the most important part for me in AC games and I wouldn’t wanna see it go away.

I can understand your love for the modern day, as I once shared it. But after AC3, and the subsequent AC4 floating-iPad junk, I'm afraid it's never going to be good again. I only liked the Desmond parts because I was expecting a huge, epic payoff at the end where he became a total badass and all the mysteries were resolved... Well, it never happened, and as much as this franchise changes hands and stories change writers, I don't think they'll ever be able to create another character, develop him/her across several games, and pull off an ending that delivers for the fans. They've already confirmed that the next few AC's will be first-person too, so if they're just going to string it along with storyless crap, I'd rather just see it die.

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2014, 11:07 AM
I can understand your love for the modern day, as I once shared it. But after AC3, and the subsequent AC4 floating-iPad junk, I'm afraid it's never going to be good again. I only liked the Desmond parts because I was expecting a huge, epic payoff at the end where he became a total badass and all the mysteries were resolved... Well, it never happened, and as much as this franchise changes hands and stories change writers, I don't think they'll ever be able to create another character, develop him/her across several games, and pull off an ending that delivers for the fans. They've already confirmed that the next few AC's will be first-person too, so if they're just going to string it along with storyless crap, I'd rather just see it die.

I understand where you’re coming from. I had the same feelings and I expected that all this training Desmond had will pay-off for something bigger, some long adventure rather than just touching a pedestal and ending his life. I don’t know what kind of idiot wrote the story this way and it’s not just because Desmond died but because everything was badly directed towards the end. I honestly think the end of the world would’ve been a much better outcome than what has happened. At least, we would’ve been shocked by it, rather than an extremely predicable decision and a badly directed ending.

Now we’re some floating iPad that is playing video games that someone else told him to do so, to deliver data to people we do not know... I’m really sick of the way great franchise degrade themselves.

Markaccus
05-12-2014, 11:12 AM
At least in AC3 you got to do some actual missions with desmond, even though his "ending" was a total let down. even in the earlier games you got to do some free running and the odd bit of stabbing with him. (revelations wasnt so good. i only did one of the "desmonds journey" or whatever it was, and almost died of boredom). In ac4, walking around wielding a mighty generic ipad/android device instead of a hidden blade is not exactly thrilling.

Sushiglutton
05-12-2014, 11:27 AM
AC4's modern day was a minor inconvenienc imo. Not a large percentage of my overall playtime. Sure I'd prefer if they axed it, but this way was ok.

zhengyingli
05-12-2014, 11:41 AM
My favorite modern time segments were in AC, middle of ACII, ACB, ACR, Temple and Freedom Tower in ACIII and ACIV. Interestingly, those instances had no combat action in the modern time. I don't know what it is, but for whatever reason, I always viewed modern day combat as extremely hokey. So the less action the better, I suppose. If they have to have action, I'd restrict them to platforming for now; besides the fact that Desmond platformin' doesn't look hokey to me, I got addicted to the series on day one purely for the "climb anything" system.