PDA

View Full Version : Got it, played it, sold it.

Shazbot4
05-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I skipped ac liberation but played the rest and I just finished the story mode of AC BF. Overall I’m impressed. At first I rote this game off and avoided it. I figured they were half fasting everything but I was wrong. The detail is still impressive. The characters clothing, the buildings, the ground, the water, the skin textures, everything is extremely detailed. Honestly this should had been hyped as a console seller more. I played on a 360 and I still don’t know why we needed next gen systems when games can look this good on current consoles.

The ship battles were fun, I didn’t play liberation so they were new to me. The changing weather conditions, the ship crew singing, the whole game was a nice change from none stop shooters. I sail often and their system for implementing it was some what believable. Good job ubisoft.

At the end of the story mode I got a little taste of the feeling that I had when I finished ac2. they put some heart and sole into the game. I rarely say this, maybe once a year but so far this is my second favorite ac. Ac2 first, this, then revelations(cause my wife is from turkey and I’ve been to Istanbul)

I have 2 main gripes. First is what a lot of other people have been saying. Why the heck can’t we upgrade our ship class? Bigger ships are everywhere ripe or the taking and nope. Why? This is one thing I hate about the ac games. You get opportunities to just kill the bad guy or steal his stuff early in all these games and we can’t. Oh well, not letting us get bigger ship classes was a mistake I think.

Second, too many tailing missions. It seems standard procedure to have over half the missions involving tailing and it usually means I’m gunna have to kill that person. I know it’s ac and it’s part of the deal, BUT, its predicable. after 6 titles its finally starting to get repetitive. They did make killing guards and stalking a lot easier then I remember, which I didn’t see as a bad thing. I was more open to trying harder methods of completing missions.

As I said, end of the say I’m impressed. The amount of content they cram into these games is always amazing, there is months worth to explore. A lot of other developers should learn from the ac games.

I will say I did buy this game used and have already re sold it for what I paid, and I did not buy any dlc. But as I said. Dam good game, I wouldn’t feel ripped off if I paid full price.

AherasSTRG
05-08-2014, 06:54 PM
A great view on the game and a contructive post. I hope we see you again around here for Unity.

IWGCJoeCool
05-09-2014, 03:06 AM
for the ability to have and outfit bigger ships, if the story was written differently, it would make sense. if besides just taking ships and sending them to the Kenway Fleet, Edward had access to them himself, depending on the mission. that being said, he was a Pirate, and that usually meant a smaller, faster ship, armed to the gills.

yes, tailing missions are the least fav of all, and after so many adjustments to gameplay over the years, this is where i feel straightjacketed.

and yes, AC-BF had some very emotional moments, some unexpected, and drove the story...well done there.

yeh, i'll be holding onto my AC games...rebuilding it on PS, cuz i played all the previous on 360.

Hassassiyin
05-15-2014, 08:45 AM
AC4 is the only AC game that I dont feel like replaying.
Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the game but I tried to replay it and forced myself until sequence 4
and accepted that I wont enjoy it as much as the first time.
Ive replayed the previous games at least 5 times and plan on doing a franchise playthrough before Unity/Comet comes out.
If I dont feel like replaying Black Flag, then I'll probably trade it in or sell it.

Markaccus
05-15-2014, 12:48 PM
AC4 is the only AC game that I dont feel like replaying.
Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the game but I tried to replay it and forced myself until sequence 4
and accepted that I wont enjoy it as much as the first time.
Ive replayed the previous games at least 5 times and plan on doing a franchise playthrough before Unity/Comet comes out.
If I dont feel like replaying Black Flag, then I'll probably trade it in or sell it.

I actually feel that way about AC3. Strange how tastes vary.

BF has some fun side quests and more variety than AC3. The assassins contracts in AC3 were rubbish, and the underground exploration (i suppose that was to replace some of the tomb aspect from earlier games) was tedious. BF's story is a bit dull and taking the forts is repetitive to say the least, but there is so much more to do than in AC3