PDA

View Full Version : Why is there ALWAYS something that ruins an AC game?

Netspook
05-08-2014, 04:43 PM
In all the AC games I've played, there's been some issue that ruined the game for me. And I've played them all, except Revelations.

Examples:

AC3 had a 10 hour tutorial with lousy controls, and I gave up quickly.

AC4. More issues than the others. Supposed to be this great pirate experience. The reality? Hours of boring collecting stuff, which we do to get that 100%, even though much of it is completely worthless, ie the animus fragments. But what's worse, FAR worse, is all those tailing missions. It's so overused that I just can't take it anymore. Did you make a pirate game, or a spy game?

Never ever have I finished an AC game, because there's always that "something" that ruins it, imo.

In the future I'll only buy AC games if I find them at 80-90% sale, that is if I buy at all. No point in spending full price at something that has an habit of ending up as a huge disappointment.

Sorry for venting steam, but I'm quite annoyed right now. Feel free to move, delete, whatever - I'm out.

princetommy
05-11-2014, 11:44 PM
In all the AC games I've played, there's been some issue that ruined the game for me. And I've played them all, except Revelations.

Examples:

AC3 had a 10 hour tutorial with lousy controls, and I gave up quickly.

AC4. More issues than the others. Supposed to be this great pirate experience. The reality? Hours of boring collecting stuff, which we do to get that 100%, even though much of it is completely worthless, ie the animus fragments. But what's worse, FAR worse, is all those tailing missions. It's so overused that I just can't take it anymore. Did you make a pirate game, or a spy game?

Never ever have I finished an AC game, because there's always that "something" that ruins it, imo.

In the future I'll only buy AC games if I find them at 80-90% sale, that is if I buy at all. No point in spending full price at something that has an habit of ending up as a huge disappointment.

Sorry for venting steam, but I'm quite annoyed right now. Feel free to move, delete, whatever - I'm out.

I hear ya, i lost interest near the end... too much going on in game and story all over the place. I couldn't care less for the characters.. pity but like you said , they always find a way to ruin a good idea!