PDA

View Full Version : Tuning for 311 songs

Rooster76
05-07-2014, 05:24 AM
I found somewhere that the bass is Drop D. I'm mostly wondering about the rhythm and lead for all there songs. I usually can find what they are at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_Rocksmith but apparently it's too new to have been updated.

<rant> I'm done with buying DLC with super low tuning that doesn't even work with 10 strings. I've got skinny top heavy bottoms on now and it's still not really good enough for System Of a Down-aerials :mad:. I really wish they would make an emulator to use for songs that go that low, and/or for being able to play more songs in session mode. </rant>

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 05:32 AM
It's all in Standard except for Bass on Amber (which is Drop D)

Rooster76
05-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Looks like all the tunings are E standard. I was able to confirm that with the locked teasers they put in the songs list.

Rooster76
05-07-2014, 05:34 AM
Weird it's showing up E on the locked teaser? Anyways I can deal with Drop D. It's the Drop C stuff that worries me.

eevilways
05-07-2014, 05:46 AM
All the 311 songs are in fact in E standard as stated above. The sole exception is the bass arrangement for Amber. I can verify this myself as I've already played through the lead arrangement on each a couple of times. :)

Rooster76
05-07-2014, 06:11 AM
Thanks guys:cool:. Just bought it. It's just a glitch with them showing amber as E standard on bass on the locked preview teaser version. It still shows it that way for me but the actual version is definitely Drop D for bass.

A Rodt
05-07-2014, 08:57 AM
311's bassist usually plays on a 5 string bass. To my understanding Amber is usually played in standard tuning on a 5 string but since Rocksmith isn't compatible with a 5 string they adjusted it to drop D tuning and probably changed a couple notes around.