PDA

View Full Version : Dlc 5/6 "311"

toymachinesh
05-06-2014, 05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQWCl1bH9E

311 Song Pack – $7.99 (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/311-Song-Pack/a1fc93ae-0fc2-4720-99bd-90f7d2d9d221)

311 “Amber” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUFSB2plwzM) (Drop D [Bass]) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/311-Amber/b29a57b5-6e13-463d-a4bf-6766a5b7bdf6?cid=search)
311 “Beautiful Disaster” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQlSUjqsuo) - [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/311-Beautiful-Disaster/eb21fdab-e63d-4b59-9b19-320d440d76c3?cid=search)
311 “Down” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8) - [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/311-Down/6c14f0b8-851a-440a-abd1-f88c7a2d88d2?cid=search)

smedford
05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
I should have called in sick.

dallasdave22
05-06-2014, 05:55 PM
lol - I tried that once Smedford - I think it was when The Clash pack came out - but it didn't get released until like 4pm and I wasted a vacation day!

zaxcv4321
05-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Thinking about 311, I am reminded of a great debate among musicologists about rapping and ethnicity, and how someone can objectively be open minded and forward thinking about race and social issues, but unconsciously steer away from art made by people that are out of the medium's understood ethnic origins (in short, caucasian rappers).

It echoed the same debate made in the 1960's blues explosion: there was a vocal backlash against white people playing the blues, and whether or not it was sincere or as valid. Albert King was a strong voice that countered the notion, and declared that the blues was for "everybody". I believe that time has proven Albert King right with regards to the blues.

While there have been some successful caucasian rappers and hybridizing of rap into rock, I wonder how close we are to demolishing similar sentiments.

pedietz
05-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Being partially deaf and cant hear lyrics too well, I never understood how people could hate a perfectly awesome song because of a couple poor word choices.

just listen to the beat and the song as-a-whole and enjoy.

The_Working_Man
05-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Oh, is Doug "SA" Martinez (the rap vocalist in 311) white, now? I would have guessed hispanic.

Where do hispanic rappers fall in the great debate over what is musically/culturally acceptable or not?

zaxcv4321
05-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Where do hispanic rappers fall in the great debate over what is musically/culturally acceptable or not?

Maybe not a great debate, but an interesting one.

There is a natural tendency for an ethnic group to claim ownership of sorts for a means of expression that is universally associated with that group. I don't think of it as logical, and the passage of time usually makes it a moot point (as it did with blues). But I do understand the sentiments involved.

I can not answer your question as to whether or not people think of Hispanic rap as more valid as Caucasian...I am guessing that it was a rhetorical one. But I think it deserves acknowledging that, despite common sense and artistic and cultural sensitivity and awareness, people can still have their opinions swayed by concepts of ethnicity and gender.

extendedsolo
05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Thinking about 311, I am reminded of a great debate among musicologists about rapping and ethnicity, and how someone can objectively be open minded and forward thinking about race and social issues, but unconsciously steer away from art made by people that are out of the medium's understood ethnic origins (in short, caucasian rappers).

It echoed the same debate made in the 1960's blues explosion: there was a vocal backlash against white people playing the blues, and whether or not it was sincere or as valid. Albert King was a strong voice that countered the notion, and declared that the blues was for "everybody". I believe that time has proven Albert King right with regards to the blues.

While there have been some successful caucasian rappers and hybridizing of rap into rock, I wonder how close we are to demolishing similar sentiments.

I really think it's completely over that rap is a "black" thing. While there are still a really high proportion of African Americans doing rap opposed to any other race, dudes like Eminem, Aesop rock, and El-p have shown that they are just as capable. That's just lyricists, not to mention producers that beat makers that are out there.

On the subject of DLC, I will buy this at some point. Right now I"m learning a few songs outside of the game, but I like 2 of the 3 songs released. Besides, next week is mastodon so I know I'll be busy with that in a week anyways.

zaxcv4321
05-06-2014, 08:11 PM
While there are still a really high proportion of African Americans doing rap opposed to any other race, dudes like Eminem, Aesop rock, and El-p have shown that they are just as capable. That's just lyricists, not to mention producers that beat makers that are out there.

I remember a cartoon about "beat makers", where a guy in the studio passionately expresses "I have this beat in my head that I just got to get out", which translates to "I am going to sample and loop this Sly & the Family Stone groove".

DAVID2380
05-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I don't discriminate towards ethnicity or race when it comes to rap music.....I think they are all uniformly terrible.....:eek:;)

The_Working_Man
05-06-2014, 08:40 PM
I think in trying to enjoy music, especially, the audience becomes emotionally open to a connection with the performer, and therefore expects some sincerity in the musical content and its significance to the artist. When the listener is skeptical of the artist's sincerity (for any reason) the entire performance can be rejected as well. Could be a rocker gone country, alternative artist gone mainstream, or artists crossing cultural boundaries, but anytime the audience believes the performer to be disingenuous the risk of disconnection and rejection is there.

It has been the case that artists were seen as not performing from their roots purely because of their race (ie, white rappers), but (in my opinion) that was mostly based upon racial stereotyping and the assumption that members of a certain race shared similar cultural and economic roots. I think it's a little old-fashioned to think that the musical fan-base still widely holds those beliefs that an artist's performance is disingenuous if they are non-black but sing of their experiences on the streets (for example). Younger people realize that color no longer indicates economic status, racial lines are blurring; and since most times you wouldn't know the artist's race from listening to the song anyway, it becomes less jarring to them.

Bear in mind that these 311 songs are going on 15-20 years old. The "white rapper" debate is long over except among people who depend on CNN for their music news.

extendedsolo
05-06-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't discriminate towards ethnicity or race when it comes to rap music.....I think they are all uniformly terrible.....:eek:;)

I really think that rap opened up my ears to how terrible almost all rock musicians are at lyric writing. Many classic rock bands have some pretty awful or mundane lyrics.

DC-legztec
05-06-2014, 08:45 PM
I've never heard of 311 and to be honest with good reason....
In my opinion not RS worthy.

tjdrico
05-06-2014, 08:45 PM
The "white rapper" debate is long over except among people who depend on CNN for their music news.

Yeah, Eminem did OK. Beastie Boys too, as I recall.

And of course Vanilla Ice.

KmVoss
05-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Guy rapping in 311 is a little awkward for me. When I hear him I picture a little teddy bear with a mic. Amber is definitely the highlight for me in the pack.

AngeL-oF-Death-x
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTYhKFOVfxA
too bad ''come original'' isnt in the dlc

Oldmanjoe505
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I really think that rap opened up my ears to how terrible almost all rock musicians are at lyric writing. Many classic rock bands have some pretty awful or mundane lyrics.

Lyrics have always been secondary to me. To catch my attention, you need a good riff or melody. After you hooked me with good music, I may pay more attention to lyrics, and appreciate them more then. But without that good musical background, I pass. Which is why I don't listen to rap / hip hop.

CaliCasey
05-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Who's going to change the thread title to "Get off my lawn"

?

DanAmrich
05-06-2014, 11:27 PM
To catch my attention, you need a good riff or melody.. Which is why I don't listen to rap / hip hop.

So where do you weigh in on 311? One of this week's DLC songs features rap vocals over distorted guitars, but the other two are basically pop/rock with a reggae influence. While some of the band's other songs might classify, this week's material doesn't come to mind when I think of hip-hop.

...he says, desperately trying to steer the conversation back to the music at hand.

DanAmrich
05-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Who's going to change the thread title to "Get off my lawn"

?

These kids today don't even know how to tune their turntables.

toymachinesh
05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
But without that good musical background, I pass. Which is why I don't listen to rap / hip hop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbSYgSOZHqI

:)

King of Sting20
05-06-2014, 11:33 PM
HA! Cali Casey definitely wins this thread.

Darn Kids!

smedford
05-07-2014, 12:43 AM
[Ghostface Killah]

:)[/QUOTE]
I'll see your Ghostface and offer up a The Coup. I get why some people dont like rap, but I think a lot of people do not even give it a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_gFyB6GnA

Steel_Nirvana
05-07-2014, 12:51 AM
I'll see your Coup and raise you Fatal Bazooka:

http://youtu.be/Ud_-AuBmp6Q

What's not to love?

King of Sting20
05-07-2014, 12:53 AM
I like rap too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA&feature=kp

Gangsta, Gangsta!

smedford
05-07-2014, 01:02 AM
I'll see your Coup and raise you Fatal Bazooka:

What's not to love?
French Rap? Now I have to figure out where I stand on that issue.

Steel_Nirvana
05-07-2014, 02:06 AM
French Rap? Now I have to figure out where I stand on that issue.

Fatal Bazooka is sort of the Weird Al of French rap...if Weird Al were much, much less refined. Here's a better sample:

http://youtu.be/7pKrVB5f2W0

Or Kamini--I like him because he addresses social issues, but with a sense of humor rather than anger. My favorite of his is a commentary on American rap, but it's not appropriate for this forum.

http://youtu.be/nl-Db3_qsSM

zaxcv4321
05-07-2014, 02:39 AM
I agree - there is a lot to appreciate in good rap. Clever rhymes, social commentary, great rhythm of verse, etc. I think it is a great vehicle for good poetry, but it seems the majority of the music arrangements built around traditional rap are pretty thin.

Korrupt79
05-07-2014, 02:44 AM
I have been hoping RS would come out with some Reggae since that seems to been a missing genre that I love. I however am not a 311 fan to be polite. I hope that this does not count as reggae

MoldyRhyme94061
05-07-2014, 03:41 AM
This guys white and kinda a rapper. I really like the beat in this song:

http://youtu.be/x7MCbis75wk

Zooropa_Station
05-07-2014, 04:16 AM
I for one am quite happy with this DLC. I think the expansion into... whatever genre 311 is for any given song is a great step forward, just a shame that their variety is limited to 3 songs. Hopefully this opens the floodgates for some Streetlight Manifesto, No Doubt, and Sublime. And perhaps, the 3 packs this year have given the team time for moar Muse and the few dozen RATM songs I desire.

BazzTard61
05-07-2014, 05:54 AM
So where do you weigh in on 311?

...he says, desperately trying to steer the conversation back to the music at hand.

well......pretty lame release again,

pop schmop please some real rock soon , doesn't matter from which era, just good rock music that we WANT to play, not whatever is cheapest for Ubi lol

it used to be that DLC was chosen because it had something for us to learn on guitar AND bass.....but I wonder what 311 can teach us?

infocat1
05-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Looking at the video, and assuming the video demonstrates the FC notes, it looks like these songs are fairly simple. Does even a newbie like me have a hope of getting a decent "score"? Most songs seem to throw note after unrelated note at me (were I to play the FC, which I do not).

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Looking at the video, and assuming the video demonstrates the FC notes, it looks like these songs are fairly simple. Does even a newbie like me have a hope of getting a decent "score"? Most songs seem to throw note after unrelated note at me (were I to play the FC, which I do not).

Highly recommend "Beautiful Disaster" it's the right amount of difficulty and fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrgQAH_I0ls

Doogal73
05-07-2014, 11:16 AM
So where do you weigh in on 311? One of this week's DLC songs features rap vocals over distorted guitars, but the other two are basically pop/rock with a reggae influence. While some of the band's other songs might classify, this week's material doesn't come to mind when I think of hip-hop.

My own $.02 ... 311 and their style in general is not my cup of tea. However, I know they have a huge fan base and there are some folks out there that will appreciate the DLC greatly. It just may not seem like it on these forums since we have a pretty vocal set of people with a tiny range of musical interest and are only interested in getting 5-10 big artists (and even when you do finally get them, they will complain that the pack did not include a small set of songs lol - so there's really no win with those guys).

I love the fact that RS branches out a little to fringe styles (I hesitate to call this fringe though, because I KNOW 311 has a large following here in the US). I say keep it coming.

Oldmanjoe505
05-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I agree - there is a lot to appreciate in good rap. Clever rhymes, social commentary, great rhythm of verse, etc. I think it is a great vehicle for good poetry, but it seems the majority of the music arrangements built around traditional rap are pretty thin.

This is my take as well.
A cool riff sparks my interest more than anything else. Those couple of bars can make a whole song for me.

As for 311, I just can't find anything from them that makes me smile, or makes me want to hear it again. I don't consider it bad, but not worth my money for sure.

daddy_felix
05-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Update EU Store:

* 311 – Amber (£2.39/€2.99/$4.35)
* 311 Song Pack (£6.49/€7.99/$11.75)

hm... where are the other two songs???

zaxcv4321
05-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Guy rapping in 311 is a little awkward for me. When I hear him I picture a little teddy bear with a mic. Amber is definitely the highlight for me in the pack.

Correct or not, when I hear the rapping in Down, I picture a middle-America, middle-class high school student with a mic and a backwards baseball cap. It was posted that the rap artist in 311 is Hispanic-American, but his delivery doesn't seem to convey any Hispanic roots or articulations, and sounds much more Nebraska than anything else. I think part of rap's charm is its delivery and conviction, which I don't pick up in Down.

I admit that I am a bit embarrassed that this is what I see in my head when I hear the song, and fully understand my hypocrisy and short sightedness.

I hope that these thoughts don't cloud my judgement too much on how much I like or dislike the song, but I would not consider the rapping in Down to be very good - the rhymes and delivery make me wince a little. The beat and guitar riff is fine, and I certainly like the other two songs better.

guitarman529
05-07-2014, 04:42 PM

I bought the Alter Bridge pack but that was only the 2nd pack I bought in 3 months and it looks for awhile I won't be buying anything new either. I did not buy any individual songs either, nothing that I care to learn or play.

I was hoping we would have a Ratt pack or a Def Leppard ( might only get the newer stuff because of that war between them and Universal) or even a Alice Cooper pack as part of the on disc band pack releases by now.

But I think the big name Classic Rock Bands and The Hairbands are against their beliefs. So I don't see them coming.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 05:51 PM

pop schmop please some real rock soon , doesn't matter from which era, just good rock music that we WANT to play, not whatever is cheapest for Ubi lol

Well, here's the problem -- a core problem that I think needs to be solved on your end with a shift in perspective.

When you use words like "good" and "real," those are personal value judgments. We simply can't release only music that you subjectively find interesting or valuable. It's impossible, and you will never be happy if you go into every DLC week expecting to see things you, Bazztard, find "good" and "real." This problem of expectations cannot be fixed on this end, because all we're promising is new music every week. If you're reading some guarantee of personal satisfaction into that, that's not a problem I can solve.

What's more, when you suggest that it's all money driven -- whether intended as a joke or not -- it's downright insulting. Certainly, working out the financial details is important; the release of new content has a real business aspect, and there's not a game developer in the world who isn't working within some sort of budget. But if you really feel that's the primary factor, it shows how little respect you have for everyone who makes this game. This is particularly bothersome to me as I dive into a very messy Excel file filled with a year's worth of user requests.

Trust me when I say I don't expect you to like everything that comes out -- I truly understand that everybody has their own preferences when it comes to music. But I do expect you to understand that everything released will not be in line with your personal tastes, because that is the nature of making a product played by more than a million people. I would also expect you not to suggest the team is looking for the cheapest possible route to content creation just because of a seven-day difference in musical taste. It's poor manners and even worse logic.

it used to be that DLC was chosen because it had something for us to learn on guitar AND bass.....but I wonder what 311 can teach us?

Whatever you let it.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 05:55 PM
But I think the big name Classic Rock Bands and The Hairbands are against their beliefs.

Not true, actually. It's just hard to get some of those missing big-name classic rock bands on board. Aerosmith, The Who, Boston, Queen, Rush, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, the Police, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest have all said yes. We keep asking the other guys. Hope springs eternal.

As for The Hairbands, the team is well aware of the desire for that, too.

solidwhitemike
05-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Highly recommend "Beautiful Disaster" it's the right amount of difficulty and fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrgQAH_I0ls

That does look like fun. I think I will buy the pack. Great playing btw!

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 06:17 PM
To be honest I've never heard of the band but having looked on youtube really liked the song "Down". I've just looked to download it as I'm not fussed by the other songs and I cannot find it in either the PS store or through the game. In both of these areas I've found the 311 pack and the song Amber but not the song "Down". Is it due to be available as a single purchase as normal?

Moodyblues57
05-07-2014, 06:18 PM
But I think the big name Classic Rock Bands and The Hairbands are against their beliefs. So I don't see them coming.
Not sure why, but I am reminded of an amusing anecdote. I saw the band America last summer (I place the blame of my obsession to learn barre chords squarely on them and Sister Golden Hair). During the show, band member Gerry Beckley, adamantly insisted that they were a "classic rock" band, and definitely not an "oldies" band. The difference? They are not dead yet.:D

Marauder359
05-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Not true, actually. It's just hard to get some of those missing big-name classic rock bands on board. Aerosmith, The Who, Boston, Queen, Rush, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, the Police, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest have all said yes. We keep asking the other guys. Hope springs eternal.

What about Journey?

There's a thread around here somewhere from years back where one of our members actually met the band on a plane ride and went into great detail with them about it. They seemed enthused about it... and this from a huge rock band that also culled their lead singer from the unknowns of the internet. Unless Journey just wants a ton of money, I was a little surprised they weren't an on disc artist for RS2014.

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Steve Perry is a colossal *******.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Not sure why, but I am reminded of an amusing anecdote. I saw the band America last summer (I place the blame of my obsession to learn barre chords squarely on them and Sister Golden Hair). During the show, band member Gerry Beckley, adamantly insisted that they were a "classic rock" band, and definitely not an "oldies" band. The difference? They are not dead yet.:D

LOL. Even the term "classic rock" has changed. I was surprised to find that hair bands were considered by some to be classic rock, whereas I consider classic rock strongly rooted in the late 60s and 70s -- Beatles, Zep, Stones, Aerosmith. But the stuff I grew up with in the 80s, like GnR, was influenced by those 70s bands, and is "classic" to the next generation, right? Apparently right, because it's all lumped in there now! :)

I have never liked the term "oldies." It just struck me as...dismissive. "Classic" is a title of distinction, there's respect and a sense of earned honor built into that word...but oldies are just this close to being irrelevant and forgotten.

Maybe I think about words too much. :)

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 06:52 PM
What about Journey?

There's a thread around here somewhere from years back where one of our members actually met the band on a plane ride and went into great detail with them about it. They seemed enthused about it... and this from a huge rock band that also culled their lead singer from the unknowns of the internet. Unless Journey just wants a ton of money, I was a little surprised they weren't an on disc artist for RS2014.

On a professional level, they're on the list of bands we wanna get. I do not actually know what the impediment would be in their case but I will ask around. And since both the band and Rocksmith development are Bay Area-based, well, it's a point of pride. Here's hoping.

On a personal level, I think Schon is amazing and I frequently only half-jokingly call for the national anthem to be changed to "Don't Stop Believin'." I never really witnessed the power of Journey until I found myself singing it while fronting an 80s band -- during the third set, every drunk white person comes out and has this beautiful communal moment.

But just so we don't go down this rabbit hole of "What about this one? What about these guys?" There's a really good chance that, three or four years into this project, every band you can think of has been requested by fans, considered by the team, and requested by the team. I sometimes wonder if people think we are sitting here going, "Metallica? Say, that is a keen idea! Maybe we should!" Bringing up bands that haven't been discussed in a while is totally valuable, but if you don't see an obviously popular band in the game yet, it's probably a case of currently trying to get permissions.

I have seen The List and it is mighty, and it is definitely a work in progress, where some songs are cleared and some songs are not and we're just trying to get enough to do a pack, stuff like that. Things are still percolating on a lot of fronts.

lovecraft1995
05-07-2014, 06:54 PM

Hey, Dan, any chance of more Skynyrd classics?
I think we deserve them, after the Freebird epic fail DLC.

dm_gsxr
05-07-2014, 07:02 PM
On a professional level, they're on the list of bands we wanna get. I do not actually know what the impediment would be in their case but I will ask around. And since both the band and Rocksmith development are Bay Area-based, well, it's a point of pride. Here's hoping.

On a personal level, I think Schon is amazing and I frequently only half-jokingly call for the national anthem to be changed to "Don't Stop Believin'." I never really witnessed the power of Journey until I found myself singing it while fronting an 80s band -- during the third set, every drunk white person comes out and has this beautiful communal moment.

But just so we don't go down this rabbit hole of "What about this one? What about these guys?" There's a really good chance that, three or four years into this project, every band you can think of has been requested by fans, considered by the team, and requested by the team. I sometimes wonder if people think we are sitting here going, "Metallica? Say, that is a keen idea! Maybe we should!" Bringing up bands that haven't been discussed in a while is totally valuable, but if you don't see an obviously popular band in the game yet, it's probably a case of currently trying to get permissions.

I have seen The List and it is mighty, and it is definitely a work in progress, where some songs are cleared and some songs are not and we're just trying to get enough to do a pack, stuff like that. Things are still percolating on a lot of fronts.

So is there any way to get a published list of bands who just won't budge. At least folks can stop asking for them and move on to something more realistic. If Metallica simply says "nope, we've had a bad experience with internet piracy and Rock Band (or whatever) and will not provide any of our songs for any money", I see no reason to not let the fans know so they can ask for more Mastodon or Skynyrd.

Carl

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 07:04 PM
It's pretty easy to figure out the list, although there are some weird people you wouldn't expect on their like Goldfinger (wtf is their problem)

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 07:12 PM
So is there any way to get a published list of bands who just won't budge. At least folks can stop asking for them and move on to something more realistic. If Metallica simply says "nope, we've had a bad experience with internet piracy and Rock Band (or whatever) and will not provide any of our songs for any money", I see no reason to not let the fans know so they can ask for more Mastodon or Skynyrd.

Carl

That's a great point a list of bands who just wont agree to being on Rocksmith would be great as a sticky. I've spent a good chunk of time on the facebook request page today and would hope I've not wasted it on bands/song that just wont happen. To some this list might seem obvious but to other who haven't followed every thread on here or like me who have only recently used the forum it would be good.

Back t0o my original question... Is 311 "down" going to be available as a single purchase as it isn't in the uk store at the moment while the pack and Amber are?

listomoro
05-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Somehow I doubt that having Rocksmith developers publicly call out bands for their intransigence is likely to grease the wheels very much.

KinchBlade
05-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Well, here's the problem -- a core problem that I think needs to be solved on your end with a shift in perspective.

Excellent - can we make this a sticky?

zaxcv4321
05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
LOL. Even the term "classic rock" has changed. I was surprised to find that hair bands were considered by some to be classic rock, whereas I consider classic rock strongly rooted in the late 60s and 70s -- Beatles, Zep, Stones, Aerosmith. But the stuff I grew up with in the 80s, like GnR, was influenced by those 70s bands, and is "classic" to the next generation, right? Apparently right, because it's all lumped in there now! :)

I have never liked the term "oldies." It just struck me as...dismissive. "Classic" is a title of distinction, there's respect and a sense of earned honor built into that word...but oldies are just this close to being irrelevant and forgotten.

I was thinking the very same thing this morning: when I think oldies, I think 1950's. Classic rock is 1960's to me. When I was a kid, all of the 1970's bands were the new wave of rock and roll. All of the classic 1960's bands were still in heavy rotation on "new" rock stations. It is slightly painful to think of bands that were popular when I was in college in the 1980's as now being classic rock.

Just you wait, you young whipper-snappers...one day your favorite band will be lumped in with the "dismissive oldies".

Moodyblues57
05-07-2014, 07:23 PM

Nah, wordsmithing is a worthy expenditure of time! :p I guess both the terms "classic rock" and "oldies" can be defined on a sliding scale. Music from my prime (late 60s/early 70s) is classic rock to me, but I would consider earlier stuff, say Buddy Holly (whom I also love), to be oldies. So yeah, I can see why folks in your generation would consider 80s and 90s music classic, and "my" stuff to be oldies.

I meant to address bands influencing one another, Sure, 80s bands were influenced by their predecessors in the 60s and 70s, but they in turn were surely influenced by say, Buddy Holly and even Elvis. And to go even further, my "classic rock" genre can draw a straight line of connection down Highway 61, directly to the Mississippi Delta (with a slight detour through Chicago in the 1940s). I had the pleasure of speaking with Buddy Guy after one of his concerts four years ago. I had just gotten my first guitar, and thus had just begun to appreciate the profound influence the blues has had on the music I love. I said to him that, "Anybody my age who says he likes classic rock and not the blues is full of (crap)". He got this big grin on his face and patted me on the shoulder. "Now you got it, young man". Hah! "Young man!":cool:

dm_gsxr
05-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Somehow I doubt that having Rocksmith developers publicly call out bands for their intransigence is likely to grease the wheels very much.

Well, if they've come out and said they wouldn't such as AC/DC or Pink Floyd (The entire album is an experience that removing a single song would destroy), then I don't think there's much use in worrying about it too much. Now if the license folks are trying to get them to give in, that's another thing. But if it's just "nah, never. go away" then it doesn't seem to be much harm to "outing them". Heck, it'd be nice to know that Michael Jackson's estate is the one being difficult vs The Beatles who might be more than wiling to permit the use of their tunes.

Carl

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 07:44 PM
So is there any way to get a published list of bands who just won't budge.

No, sorry -- that would poison the well.

Consider it from the band's perspective. We could say "We'd like Josie & the Pussycats in our game but they won't budge!" But if you're Josie, that probably wouldn't motivate you to strike a deal -- more likely you'd wonder why this person who wants to do business with you is painting you in a negative light. You'd probably say "Eff you, we don't need you or your game thing whatever it is -- we're Josie & the muppet-hugging Pussycats!" Currently, when we request and they say no, we cool it for a while, but we usually do go back and ask again later, so we wouldn't want to burn that bridge by appearing petty or butthurt.

That said, I am all for fans going through fan channels and saying "Hey, I'd love to play your music in Rocksmith" -- not "Why won't you let Rocksmith have your music" mind you, but much more of a fan suggestion, to let them know you think it's a good place for their music to be. They may not agree, of course, but it's a polite way to plant seeds beyond just our "hey, we have a business offer" approach.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Just you wait, you young whipper-snappers...one day your favorite band will be lumped in with the "dismissive oldies".

I love that this statement was made in the 311 thread. :)

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Back t0o my original question... Is 311 "down" going to be available as a single purchase as it isn't in the uk store at the moment while the pack and Amber are?

Sorry, missed that -- let me ask on this end. My understanding is that it should be available as a single everywhere. Which platform are you using, PlayStation?

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorry, missed that -- let me ask on this end. My understanding is that it should be available as a single everywhere. Which platform are you using, PlayStation?

No worries dan it got kind of mixed up in the other discussions! Yes i'm on P|S3 in the UK. The track pack and the song Amber are both in the PS store and through the game but the song I really want "Down" wasn't there 2 hours ago.

Thanks

Doogal73
05-07-2014, 08:04 PM

I acquired some Alice in chains tickets and asked my daughter and her boyfriend (17) if they wanted to go. I was told later by her that he said he doesn't really like classic rock lmao. So that term is changing faster than you think...

Moodyblues57
05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
I acquired some Alice in chains tickets and asked my daughter and her boyfriend (17) if they wanted to go. I was told later by her that he said he doesn't really like classic rock lmao. So that term is changing faster than you think...
Yikes! Alice in Chains called classic rock! I am getting old.:eek:

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
To flip this discussion on its head is it worth then publishing a list of band your are working with and may or are likely to appear in the future. This at least gives us that ability to either channel our efforts into requesting specific songs by these bands or we know which bands to request if they are not on the list? For example if we have confirmation that Def Leopard will appear soon we can request our fav songs from this band. This way there is no negativity towards the bands who you are struggling with and this list doesn't have to be exhaustive (we still like suprises!!) but it shows us there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as DLC requesting goes.

The_Working_Man
05-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks Dan! Ubi's perspective and voice has been sorely lacking in these forums and it's nice to finally get some feedback for our whinings and ramblings. :cool:

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 08:12 PM
SO then does the term "classic rock" mean old rock from the 60's, 70's, 90's or does the term relate to good quality rock music. For example this months edition of 'Classic Rock' magazing in the UK has Black Stone Cherry on the front cover and an extensive review/interview. Black Stone Cherry are southern rockers who are a young current hip rock band but playing in a 'classic rock' style does that clear things up???

I guess my understanding is classic rock refers to the type/style of rock music played not the age of the band playing it.

The_Working_Man
05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Correct or not, when I hear the rapping in Down, I picture a middle-America, middle-class high school student with a mic and a backwards baseball cap. It was posted that the rap artist in 311 is Hispanic-American, but his delivery doesn't seem to convey any Hispanic roots or articulations, and sounds much more Nebraska than anything else. I think part of rap's charm is its delivery and conviction, which I don't pick up in Down.

The interesting thing for me is that I just recently learned that 311 had midwestern roots, as I'd always identified them as having a strongly US west coast or beach/surf sound when they were popular. Thinking back to my comments about performers crossing boundaries, I'm curious how some kids from Omaha were able to become accepted and identified as representing southern California with their music.

Anyway, I always kinda liked 311 because their music was a little more rock than Sugar Ray, Smashmouth, and the hip-hop groups dominating the airwaves at the time. These songs seem to have a nice bass groove to them, and are certainly still beyond my ability to play at 100%.

Edit: BTW, "Down" is their only song I can think of which has what I would consider lengthy "rap" segments. Most of the rest include some quick run-on or 'tripping' vocal lines which I would identify more with ska or reggae styles.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 08:21 PM
BTW, not to disrupt the conversation, but as I dig into these user requests (some of which, again, the team has already seen, but I'm starting to track it my own way so I have some legacy data), I will note there were more 311 requests than I expected, and the three songs that we put out this week were the three most-requested 311 songs. The next ones were "All Mixed Up" and "I'll Be Here a While."

"Come Original" had one vote, toymachine. Sorry.

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 08:34 PM
BTW, not to disrupt the conversation, but as I dig into these user requests (some of which, again, the team has already seen, but I'm starting to track it my own way so I have some legacy data), I will note there were more 311 requests than I expected, and the three songs that we put out this week were the three most-requested 311 songs. The next ones were "All Mixed Up" and "I'll Be Here a While."

"Come Original" had one vote, toymachine. Sorry.

*mutters something under his breath*

zaxcv4321
05-07-2014, 08:39 PM
We could say "We'd like Josie & the Pussycats in our game but they won't budge!"

At the age of 3 or 4, I had a huge crush on the bass player of that cartoon band. Is that wrong?

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Not as bad as me wondering if Betty Cooper would go out with me

Steamroller52
05-07-2014, 09:00 PM
I picked up the pack this morning before work, max-leveled Amber in 10 min. It's nice to have some easier songs that I can just pickup & play without spending hours & hours in RR to work my way up to speed with the full chart.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 09:03 PM
To flip this discussion on its head is it worth then publishing a list of band your are working with and may or are likely to appear in the future. This at least gives us that ability to either channel our efforts into requesting specific songs by these bands or we know which bands to request if they are not on the list? For example if we have confirmation that Def Leopard will appear soon we can request our fav songs from this band. This way there is no negativity towards the bands who you are struggling with and this list doesn't have to be exhaustive (we still like suprises!!) but it shows us there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as DLC requesting goes.

There's a few aspects to why this doesn't happen. One, DLC is never really done until it's on the store; I've already seen some shuffles happen for DLC coming in the next few weeks -- there was a last-minute complication, so things had to move, then they moved back, then something else moved instead...it's just a fluid process. The less said, the more flexibility we have.

Two, when people do find out stuff early (hey, anybody see the Xbox Dashboard this month? Yuk yuk!) or when Paul discusses specific situations with specific bands, then it becomes an expectation -- "Okay, WHEN?" And people start talking themselves into that artist being next week's DLC. "Well, I saw RATM on the dash so it must be next week." And if it's not, for whatever reason it might not be, then it becomes an expectation followed swiftly by a disappointment.

And three, yeah, it's fun to reveal this info once it's truly locked. I obviously enjoy doing the puzzles (I have a mild one in line for this week) but it is sort of our big discussion point every week, and it's less fun if it becomes "Yeah, we know" and there's no freshness to it. It's like every week is Christmas instead of peeking on Black Friday.

I'm all for transparency but this is one of those cases where I feel revealing too much info too soon actually makes everything less interesting. Gaming information has a very short shelf life, you know?

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 09:33 PM
At the age of 3 or 4, I had a huge crush on the bass player of that cartoon band. Is that wrong?

I keep using this band whenever I need an example of something, so whatever is wrong with you is also wrong with me. I like redheads.

SquirrellyNinja
05-07-2014, 09:40 PM
I keep using this band whenever I need an example of something, so whatever is wrong with you is also wrong with me. I like redheads.

http://www.heavemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/HRD-josie-and-the-pussycats.jpg

Remember when they did a live-action version?

fredyellowone
05-07-2014, 09:44 PM
http://www.heavemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/HRD-josie-and-the-pussycats.jpg

I prefer :

http://twodudereview.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Walk-the-Line-Joaquin.jpg

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 09:47 PM
There's a few aspects to why this doesn't happen. One, DLC is never really done until it's on the store; I've already seen some shuffles happen for DLC coming in the next few weeks -- there was a last-minute complication, so things had to move, then they moved back, then something else moved instead...it's just a fluid process. The less said, the more flexibility we have.

Two, when people do find out stuff early (hey, anybody see the Xbox Dashboard this month? Yuk yuk!) or when Paul discusses specific situations with specific bands, then it becomes an expectation -- "Okay, WHEN?" And people start talking themselves into that artist being next week's DLC. "Well, I saw RATM on the dash so it must be next week." And if it's not, for whatever reason it might not be, then it becomes an expectation followed swiftly by a disappointment.

And three, yeah, it's fun to reveal this info once it's truly locked. I obviously enjoy doing the puzzles (I have a mild one in line for this week) but it is sort of our big discussion point every week, and it's less fun if it becomes "Yeah, we know" and there's no freshness to it. It's like every week is Christmas instead of peeking on Black Friday.

I'm all for transparency but this is one of those cases where I feel revealing too much info too soon actually makes everything less interesting. Gaming information has a very short shelf life, you know?

That's fair enough Dan, I guess people like myself just want to know if they are wasting their time with the requests on FB or not and what on the horizon.

dm_gsxr
05-07-2014, 09:47 PM

We already know next week is Mastodon (unless you guys whacked Steam and removed it, which will really piss off some folks :) ).

Carl

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 10:44 PM

I do. The script I read ahead of time (because a friend with access knew I was a big fan) was really funny...and the film they shot wasn't. I love satire but I didn't realize I was watching one until more than halfway through the film. They were trying to comment on crass commercialism and the power of advertising, but it just came off as crass commercialism.

I bought it on DVD anyway. Time to rewatch and reassess.

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 10:48 PM
We already know next week is Mastodon (unless you guys whacked Steam and removed it, which will really piss off some folks :) ).

Carl

DLC for next week will be officially announced on Tuesday the 13th.

CrazedRacer
05-07-2014, 10:52 PM
DLC for next week will be officially announced on Tuesday the 13th.

OMG... Next week NOT being Mastodon would make my week... :)

toymachinesh
05-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I've seen one song get swapped out after showing up on steam, a whole pack would be quite shocking

DanAmrich
05-07-2014, 10:58 PM
No worries dan it got kind of mixed up in the other discussions! Yes i'm on P|S3 in the UK. The track pack and the song Amber are both in the PS store and through the game but the song I really want "Down" wasn't there 2 hours ago.

Thanks

They're looking into it. Beautiful Disaster was apparently a little late to arrive as well (when I asked, it was "Oh, good, so it's more than just Amber in the singles store now! That's progress!"), so it might be there next time you check. For whatever reason, the singles are rolling out slowly this week.

tmitch45
05-07-2014, 11:14 PM
They're looking into it. Beautiful Disaster was apparently a little late to arrive as well (when I asked, it was "Oh, good, so it's more than just Amber in the singles store now! That's progress!"), so it might be there next time you check. For whatever reason, the singles are rolling out slowly this week.

Thanks for looking into it mate! I'll look tomorrow after work and then wake the neighbours!

muscular_tiger
05-08-2014, 03:15 AM
please don't punish us mastodon fans for the leak. we already know it's coming so just get it over with. :p

CaliCasey
05-08-2014, 03:25 AM
It's pretty easy to figure out the list, although there are some weird people you wouldn't expect on their like Goldfinger (wtf is their problem)

Goldfinger!? That's hilarious..... seriously wtf is their problem? They must think they're too cool for school, or have some serious delusions about their catalog, they aren't Zeppelin.

jj_qpr
05-08-2014, 12:05 PM
OMG... Next week NOT being Mastodon would make my week... :)

Really? I love mastodon and thought everyone did for some reason :D Would be stoked to get some decent mastodon though one of my favourites, The Czar, is probably too long :(

CrazedRacer
05-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Really? I love mastodon and thought everyone did for some reason :D Would be stoked to get some decent mastodon though one of my favourites, The Czar, is probably too long :(

LOL... That's the Facebook attitude. Those people kill me over there... I am DEFINITELY not a Mastodon fan. Easily my least favorite song in the game. I really feel sorry for the lead singer. I think he was very constipated when he recorded the song. I hope he got that worked out. I bet he carries prune juice with him on the road. :)

TheJohnNewton
05-08-2014, 01:02 PM

When you use words like "good" and "real," those are personal value judgments....

And the word WE rather than I.

extendedsolo
05-08-2014, 03:54 PM
LOL... That's the Facebook attitude. Those people kill me over there... I am DEFINITELY not a Mastodon fan. Easily my least favorite song in the game. I really feel sorry for the lead singer. I think he was very constipated when he recorded the song. I hope he got that worked out. I bet he carries prune juice with him on the road. :)

I think the song in the game is the least representative of what Mastodon really sounds like.

zaxcv4321
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM

I feel slightly tempted to argue about which cartoon woman was hotter...the redheaded guitar player or the African-american bass / tambourine player (the obvious answer).

DanAmrich
05-08-2014, 06:24 PM
please don't punish us mastodon fans for the leak. we already know it's coming so just get it over with. :p

This supports my point from earlier, about why DLC is not confirmed or discussed weeks in advance. Whether it's popular or unpopular, I really don't want the weekly DLC to be so devoid of mystery and anticipation that the response is "we already know it's coming so just get it over with." :)

Hey, reality is reality. I'm happy to say that this team is far more interested in transparency than some folks at my last gig. But, you know, it's a drag on this end to think that your big weekly offering to the community is merely a hurdle to be overcome. "Here's something new!" "Yeah, it's already old. Next!" Uh oh.

FWIW -- and I believe you're teasing, but just to be clear -- DLC would never be delayed to punish fans. (It's also not released to punish non-fans!) We're not interested in messing with your heads, outside of my little puzzle clues. DLC scheduling and any necessary changes are based on less emotional factors.

tmitch45
05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
I've logged on again today at 5:40 UK time and still no "Down" in the UK playstation store.

Dan I've had a thought on the whole DLC request thing. Would it be possible to see some stats on what is being requested by people? Most requested songs, most requested bands, hot requests that month and of all time.

JobuuRumdrinker
05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, if the stats page is correct and The Trooper is the most played song, I think it would be a no-brainer for them to just keep adding more Iron Maiden packs. It's very frustrating to submit requests only to see them fall into what appears to be a black hole. If I were running this thing, I would be posting all kinds of real news like we tried to get band x but had legal issues - we'll try again in a few months. Band Y costs too much so we'll try again soon. We're getting a lot of requests from the A,B,C - please vote for your favorite out of these 3... etc....

The more communication tools we have, the less we communicate.

jgrantham7
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
We're not interested in messing with your heads, outside of my little puzzle clues.

I'm still surprised ya'll let April Fool's Day pass by without taking advantage of it.
Perfect opportunity for a pack of 'virtual' bands:
Josie & the Pussycats
Spinal Tap
Dethklok
The Partridge Family

DanAmrich
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM
I've logged on again today at 5:40 UK time and still no "Down" in the UK playstation store.

We've waiting to hear back from the European team, but yeah, as of this morning, we didn't see it either. It's not just you, but we're doing the tag-team thing now.

Dan I've had a thought on the whole DLC request thing. Would it be possible to see some stats on what is being requested by people? Most requested songs, most requested bands, hot requests that month and of all time.

Yes, we're discussing that right now internally. I've got a big pile of data from the last year -- which is six months before RS2014 and six months after -- and we're parsing it now, getting some of that info. I want to share at least some of what you are requesting, but need a little more time to get the details together. For one...well, I am learning a lot of alternate spellings for popular bands. :)

DanAmrich
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Well, if the stats page is correct and The Trooper is the most played song, I think it would be a no-brainer for them to just keep adding more Iron Maiden packs. It's very frustrating to submit requests only to see them fall into what appears to be a black hole. If I were running this thing, I would be posting all kinds of real news like we tried to get band x but had legal issues - we'll try again in a few months. Band Y costs too much so we'll try again soon. We're getting a lot of requests from the A,B,C - please vote for your favorite out of these 3... etc....

The more communication tools we have, the less we communicate.

Please see this post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/876815-Dlc-5-6-quot-311-quot?p=9956475&viewfull=1#post9956475) (and perhaps this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/876815-Dlc-5-6-quot-311-quot?p=9956578&viewfull=1#post9956578) too) earlier in the thread to see why we don't do stuff like that very often.

And I've said this several times in several threads, but when we get a "no" from an artist, we do go back and ask again after a bit of time. We take it as a "not right now" rather than a "never" and we have just submitted another fresh batch of requests to artists who have said no in the past. Hope springs eternal.

tmitch45
05-08-2014, 07:38 PM
We've waiting to hear back from the European team, but yeah, as of this morning, we didn't see it either. It's not just you, but we're doing the tag-team thing now.

Yes, we're discussing that right now internally. I've got a big pile of data from the last year -- which is six months before RS2014 and six months after -- and we're parsing it now, getting some of that info. I want to share at least some of what you are requesting, but need a little more time to get the details together. For one...well, I am learning a lot of alternate spellings for popular bands. :)

That sounds great Dan and maybe gives us an insight into what the community wants and therefore what you guys might be trying to make happen. I think it also shows the community that their requests do matter and do count and do eventually turn into DLC content.

With regards to the 311 DLC I'm just keeping you updated not moaning.

Steel_Nirvana
05-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Please see this post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/876815-Dlc-5-6-quot-311-quot?p=9956475&viewfull=1#post9956475) (and perhaps this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/876815-Dlc-5-6-quot-311-quot?p=9956578&viewfull=1#post9956578) too) earlier in the thread to see why we don't do stuff like that very often.

And I've said this several times in several threads, but when we get a "no" from an artist, we do go back and ask again after a bit of time. We take it as a "not right now" rather than a "never" and we have just submitted another fresh batch of requests to artists who have said no in the past. Hope springs eternal.

Please don't. Honestly. The only possible outcome is a huge, continuing argument about why next week's DLC isn't [insert band] because they have the most requests. Interspersed, of course, with constant petition drives to support voting for [insert band] so they can rise to the top.

What would be helpful, I think, is an overview of the process so we have an appreciation of the (probably) myriad steps from fairy dust to rock 'n' roll. I'm thinking it's slightly more involved than, "Hey that'd be cool," *write check*, DLC.

Edit: comma

SeattleSauve
05-09-2014, 02:32 AM
FWIW -- and I believe you're teasing, but just to be clear -- DLC would never be delayed to punish fans.

Ah crap. Does that mean you would do nothing to punish fans? Well, there goes my suggestion of a Free April 1st Led Zep Megapack in the store that is actually really only filled with various Rick Astley covers.

Does that mean I have to go do another request in the app or did I completely blow my request?

infocat1
05-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Getting back to the subject of the thread... I did get the 311 pack; actually the first "Day 1 DLC purchase" (well, Day 2) I've made (since I learned of DLC maybe two months ago). And I'd never heard the band before (other than the name)! "Beautiful Disaster" and "Down" are quite fun to this beginner! "Amber" less so (too much string skipping). So I encourage newbies like myself to pick up this pack!

tmitch45
05-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Wow still no 'Down' in the UK PS store I wonder if I'll get next weeks DLC first. Whats wrong with PS Europe? The Xbox gets notification of Rage Against the Machine weeks before its due out and yet on the PS3 we wait upto a week for current DLC.

tjdrico
05-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I haven't bought the 311 pack, but I have been humming "Amber" for a few days. :D

Steamroller52
05-09-2014, 07:40 PM
I've never heard of 311 and to be honest with good reason....
In my opinion not RS worthy.

Sometimes the songs you might not care to listen to are actually quite fun to play with RS. I'm having fun improvising a little bit with Amber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FJ6VLoV24&feature=youtu.be

DanAmrich
05-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Does that mean I have to go do another request in the app or did I completely blow my request?

One request is fine. Actually it filters out the duplicates so don't waste your time with resubmitting. As long as it looks like it went through, you're golden. :)

DanAmrich
05-09-2014, 10:09 PM
With regards to the 311 DLC I'm just keeping you updated not moaning.

I appreciate it. This has elevated as far as Sony in Europe now, and they say they are looking into it, but it might not be resolved until early next week. :/

PTrash13
05-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Sometimes the songs you might not care to listen to are actually quite fun to play with RS. I'm having fun improvising a little bit with Amber.

+1 I was just about to post something along these lines. I didn't know 311 from a hole in the ground and bought the pack a few minutes ago. Amber is a pretty song and is a lot of fun on the rhythm side. As Steamroller52 says, you can improvise a fun lead over the real lead during the breaks in the rhythm or drop something in over the top of the rhythm. RS isn't happy when you do that but I figure it will get over it! lol.

Steamroller52
05-10-2014, 08:15 PM

This is actually a fun pack to play IMO. All 3 songs are fairly simple, but still offer some challenging bits. For me:

-Amber is a fun mellow song with arpeggios, octave slides, a tricky little double-stop slide section, and has some gaps where you can improvise and "make it your own".
-Beautiful Disaster has a catchy riff that will test your alternate picking, palm muting, chord changes and a nice little simple solo that has a couple pinky hammer-ons
-Down is probably the simplest of the three, but it's the trickiest to play and make sound good because of the rhythm that features some quick chord movements and muted strums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3DikabDedY&feature=youtu.be

Steamroller52
05-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Here's another run with Amber. First run was with my SG w/P90s, this time I wanted to hear what it'd sound like with the fat tone of my Jag played through my practice amp. As a side note, I've noticed that RS likes to drop the last note in several of the arpeggios so I've gotten into the habit of playing the final arpeggiated note a second time to get credit for it, and I don't think it sounds bad, so no big deal. I'm still a little sloppy in the double stop slide area and trying to hit that quick Am chord after the decending slide. Think I'm ready to start working on Beautiful Disaster now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlF8NRGPlmQ&feature=youtu.be

tmitch45
05-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I was just wondering whats involved in putting the DLC songs onto the PS store? So nearly a week after the 311 pack is released and the songs 'Down' and 'beautiful disaster' are still not available in the UK PS store whats going on? Has someone at sony forgotten to upload them?

toymachinesh
05-12-2014, 10:29 PM
I was just wondering whats involved in putting the DLC songs onto the PS store? So nearly a week after the 311 pack is released and the songs 'Down' and 'beautiful disaster' are still not available in the UK PS store whats going on? Has someone at sony forgotten to upload them?

You really hate Amber that much? lol...

It's SCEA being their usual selves, misplacing DLC, not updating on time... Business as usual.

tmitch45
05-13-2014, 09:07 AM

It's SCEA being their usual selves, misplacing DLC, not updating on time... Business as usual.

To be honest I really don't like either of the other 2 songs LOL. I'd never heard of 311 before and after hearing 'Down' it just kind of clicked with me as a song I like so have been signing in 2-3 times a day to see if its in the store.

I fully understand that Ubisoft is not responsible for this delay, but surely both ubisoft and sony are loosing out on customers and ultimately revenue. It is making me think seriously about changing to and Xbox one later in the year.

dm_gsxr
05-13-2014, 02:31 PM
To be honest I really don't like either of the other 2 songs LOL. I'd never heard of 311 before and after hearing 'Down' it just kind of clicked with me as a song I like so have been signing in 2-3 times a day to see if its in the store.

I fully understand that Ubisoft is not responsible for this delay, but surely both ubisoft and sony are loosing out on customers and ultimately revenue. It is making me think seriously about changing to and Xbox one later in the year.

The only problem with that is Rocksmith 2014 doesn't work on the XBoxOne or the PS4.

And you may not know, but it's taken months for Steam to start to resolve the issue with having to own Rocksmith in order to purchase RS1 DLC. On the XBox360 and PS3 you can buy RS1 DLC but on Steam you have to own RS1 before the DLC is available. There have been some updates to the DLC but it's apparently been pretty slow (I have RS1 on Steam so I don't know what the current status is).

Relative to Ubisoft getting the SCEA folks moving on making the new DLC available. Ubisoft doesn't seem to have a whole lot of clout WRT DLC.

Carl

tmitch45
05-13-2014, 10:42 PM
The only problem with that is Rocksmith 2014 doesn't work on the XBoxOne or the PS4.

And you may not know, but it's taken months for Steam to start to resolve the issue with having to own Rocksmith in order to purchase RS1 DLC. On the XBox360 and PS3 you can buy RS1 DLC but on Steam you have to own RS1 before the DLC is available. There have been some updates to the DLC but it's apparently been pretty slow (I have RS1 on Steam so I don't know what the current status is).

Relative to Ubisoft getting the SCEA folks moving on making the new DLC available. Ubisoft doesn't seem to have a whole lot of clout WRT DLC.

Carl

Thanks Carl for the info. I assumed Rocksmith 2014 was out for ps4 and therefore would be out for Xbox one.

Jedi-Mike-007
05-15-2014, 10:20 AM

I was able to download "Down" from the EU store last night. Looks like it was finally uploaded along with the Mastodon pack.