PDA

View Full Version : MANTIS bike is a Pain in the @#S

rversluijs
05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Djeez whats with that mantis bike, the more i upgrade the worse it rides. I hate really hate it, everytime i set in the harder levels i cant redo cause its impossible to ride it, certain jumps are to powerfull suddenly

sriskus
05-06-2014, 05:42 AM
stick with it, you will get used to it. its a great bike.

membran_
05-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Noticed this as well. Every upgrade, especially the ones that increase the "lean" value, makes the bikes more arcade-y and twitchier to play as well as putting the game into easy mode. Many obstacles just cease to exist, you just overshoot them, no problem. It's as if the bikes start out with roughly handling the same as in the proper Trials games and then you dumb them down by upgrading them. They lose every sense of weight to them, and the amount of spins you can do with them at later upgrade stages is just silly.

That's what you get when monetisation plays a role in how you design a game.

rversluijs
05-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Its just insane, did some upgrades which took forever to collect. Than i needed to wait a whopping 96hours to test and come to the conclusion that some parts in the track i just cant do anymore. Boommm back to square on and do some more upgrades which take days to collect and than days to finish.... luckily i found the solution with time&date trick on ios, if i didnt used this i would have trashed the app

Ch4er0n
05-07-2014, 04:11 AM
i dunno how you manage to think the mantis is bad, or that you cant do obstacles with a better mantis. with a 0 upgrade mantis i guarantee I can maul just about any jackal run out there. upgrades for me have been fully linear, and across the board improvements

anywho, good luck with it. you'll manage to sort it out eventually

xzamplez
05-07-2014, 05:26 AM
i dunno how you manage to think the mantis is bad, or that you cant do obstacles with a better mantis. with a 0 upgrade mantis i guarantee I can maul just about any jackal run out there. upgrades for me have been fully linear, and across the board improvements

anywho, good luck with it. you'll manage to sort it out eventually
I don't think you'd beat most of Dumptruck's Jackal runs with a stock Mantis. But you did say "just about" so I'll give you a pass.

@OP: I understand where your complaint is coming from. The lean becomes very sensitive in the latest stages, so you must be precise with your timing. It is still an upgrade though.

rversluijs
05-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Sjees man iTs getting worse now. Did some upgrades on the tango and now I get beaten by a guy who has less upgrades. The bike is jumping like I has bouncig balls attached to its wheels and I can't do the jump normally. Why do they change the gravity of the bike. ****ing hate that ****!!! My tango is at level 7 and I get beaten by a ghost who rides the armadillos???!? WTF!

xzamplez
05-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Sjees man iTs getting worse now. Did some upgrades on the tango and now I get beaten by a guy who has less upgrades. The bike is jumping like I has bouncig balls attached to its wheels and I can't do the jump normally. Why do they change the gravity of the bike. ****ing hate that ****!!! My tango is at level 7 and I get beaten by a ghost who rides the armadillos???!? WTF!It may be harder to control, but it still improves the bike's performance.

membran_
05-07-2014, 08:07 AM
It may be harder to control, but it still improves the bike's performance.

Harder to control? I think the game gets way too easy with each upgrade. What's even worse, in the beginning, the gameplay feels like a proper Trials game and towards the end, it feels like I'm playing Joe freaking Danger.

xzamplez
05-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Harder to control? I think the game gets way too easy with each upgrade. What's even worse, in the beginning, the gameplay feels like a proper Trials game and towards the end, it feels like I'm playing Joe freaking Danger.Yes, harder to control. Much like the banshee is harder to control than the Phoenix because of the increased agility.

StegoIII
05-08-2014, 04:34 PM
This thread is odd.

I think most Trials players would agree the bikes get better as they upgrade and the leaning and bouncing makes for a bike that takes skill to control. Just like console big brothers.